**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Community's Choice: Champion Update

Comments

• BuffalojrBuffalojr Posts: 2
    On that list venom pool, but seriously magneto needs it most.
  • SvaenSvaen Posts: 55
    COLOSSUS ! Namı değer gümüş taşaklı
  • 1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    venompool
  • VukoDlakVukoDlak Posts: 19

#VoteOldManLogan
  • BrudixTreeBrudixTree Posts: 801 ★★
    All these People only writing a Name of a Champion....
    we all know that venompool is on that list, as much as groot or other, but the reason they do this discussion here is not to here some dumb names, they wanna hear reasons why tha champ should be reworked...
    so if youre really interested in updating youre champ you should really be much more creative, spaming wont help to convince youre champ is the best :wink:
  • wingedWarrior2099wingedWarrior2099 Posts: 124
    I have both venompool and old man logan DUPED as 5* so my vote is for old man logan because my other mutants are x-23 and gambit while my other two cosmics and corvus and hyperion.
    unless I get a colossus my vote is for old man logan.
  • Crazy_clarksonCrazy_clarkson Posts: 4
    Y'all realize that if collosus gets buffed he'll just be a pain in the a** for aw defense

Y'all realize that if collosus gets buffed he'll just be a pain in the a** for aw defense

I am scared of this too, that if he gets buffed, he wont be more fun at all, he will just be a better Defender and everybody will be just f***** up
    Haji_Saab said:

They can do that to any other champ as well ...
    But i cant see anything that would lead them to buff a Champion like colossus, who is like a living wall to an aggressive attacker, while this is more plausible to champs like venompool or Old Man Logan
  • CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    edited May 2019
    Why are people calling Heimdall and Thor "god tier"? I mean I like these champs - they're good but they're certainly not "god-tier". Thor hasn't been in that category since his big 12.0 nerf. It seems people are just trying to bolster their argument that Cosmic is stacked when Mutant is just as stacked if not more.

If we are going by argument of weakest class needing a boost then it is clear that Iron Patriot needs the upgrade the most if for no other reason than to help bolster Tech. Of course he's been the poster boy for worst pull for his entire existence so maybe some of us are not ready to let go of that nostalgia.

Personally my vote is still Groot. But I'd be happy with any of the three 2015 champs getting a bump just to help make these 2015 rank up gems more useful.
  • Banshee_KLXBanshee_KLX Posts: 7
    Kamala has been a meme for to long ...buff ples
  • Goatyb_goat_goatGoatyb_goat_goat Posts: 1
    Old man Logan
  • DarkboyDarkboy Posts: 8
    man everyone, old man logan! hes already decent now(not the best of course)but cmon!
  • Colossus, no doubt
  • Spiderpig2500Spiderpig2500 Posts: 41
    iron patriot. I mean, he’s in a freaking iron man suit. He should be more powerful if you want to make this realistic. Even if you don’t want this to be real-to life, I think that he can have a lot of potential if he is buffed
  • Spiderpig2500Spiderpig2500 Posts: 41
    MavRCK_ said:

They’re all terrible

That’s why they are getting a buff

• saltlampsaltlamp Posts: 2
    Colossus.
  • troyelricaccount2troyelricaccount2 Posts: 50
    Terra said:

Venom, NT and Captain Marvel don't need a buff. They're solid as they are.
    Dude NT has insane damage potential. Watch KT1
  • troyelricaccount2troyelricaccount2 Posts: 50
    edited May 2019
    Do Magneto and IronPatriot .
    Colossus at least is double immune . While the 2 mentioned are utter garbage. Also groot for starter
  • 000Diablo666000Diablo666 Posts: 8
    Colossus and Miss Marvel have nothing good. So I think they will be a wise choice.
  • PayMM__PayMM__ Posts: 13
    Venompool oldman Logan or Colossus
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★

iron patriot. I mean, he’s in a freaking iron man suit. He should be more powerful if you want to make this realistic. Even if you don’t want this to be real-to life, I think that he can have a lot of potential if he is buffed

Realistic? 😂 That's what MCOC is all about. 😂
  • sest22sest22 Posts: 933 ★★★
    edited May 2019
    OLD MAN LOGAN
    I would like them to improve old man logan, and rethink and adjust their skills. they could adjust their regeneration passive and change it and activate it as with ultron or nebula (when it reaches below 50% of life is regenerated) and 25% too).remove the claws, this character would not need them if not until his 3 rd special attack, I think that's where he should get his claws and cause bleeding and even win furies by fill the 3 bars of power to go back and keep blocking for 2 seconds to maximize the unblockable attack. There I see him convenient draw their claws and unleash their fury. during the combat it could have precision and physical resistance. and please change the animations of the special attacks, of the 3 since they are identical to wolverine and I can hardly believe that they are identical and that wolverine has not learned anything in so many years. Hahaha
  • H00K3MH00K3M Posts: 1
    If Colossus is updated, would the changes get rolled into unstoppable Colossus since they are identical base characters?
  • krzydefkrzydef Posts: 3
    Colossus, please...
  • #BuffColossus even the actor wants him buffed
  • EbbtideEbbtide Posts: 292 ★★
    H00K3M said:

If Colossus is updated, would the changes get rolled into unstoppable Colossus since they are identical base characters?

This is a great question.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

All these People only writing a Name of a Champion....
    we all know that venompool is on that list, as much as groot or other, but the reason they do this discussion here is not to here some dumb names, they wanna hear reasons why tha champ should be reworked...
    so if youre really interested in updating youre champ you should really be much more creative, spaming wont help to convince youre champ is the best :wink:

That's tricky, because my thought process is extremely lengthy. I can try to summarize though, for my choice of Colossus.

1. Colossus is one of of the older champs on the list. This means that more players are likely to have him than a newer champion, so the buff benefits more players. It also means players with 2015 rank up gems could have a potential target to use them on.

2. Colossus is probably the simplest champion on the list in terms of abilities and mechanics. This means it is more likely that the buffed version of Colossus will be simpler than the buffed version of more complex champions like Howard the Duck. Personally, I'm fine with intricate complex mechanics, but not everyone is. Colossus' simplicity also means the devs have more options on buffing him in general, and that means we're more likely to get a cleaner and more useful buff. Compare to, say, the buff given to Sentry after launch, where the devs were clearly locked into his initial mechanics, which tied their hands a great deal.

3. Colossus is more likely to become a better attacker than a better defender than many of the other options in my opinion. He could get much better defenses but that's not the same thing. A buff to Colossus is less likely to make him a nightmare to face in content or on AW defense than a buff to, say, Venompool or OML. And for our purposes, "attacker" = human, "defender" = computer. I would prefer to get a buff that benefits players when they play the champ more than a buff that benefits players when they place the champ as a defender.

4. Colossus is a bleed immune champ. With node effects like biohazard becoming more common in higher tier content, expanding the amount of bleed immune champs that are also attacker-viable would be a net benefit to the players. That's mostly Colossus and Groot (and Kamala, although I see bleed immunity being slightly more valuable than poison immunity at the moment).

5. Colossus is a mutant. We've seen updates to cosmic champions (Venom, Gamora, Carnage), Science champions (She Hulk, Spider Gwen, Luke Cage, Red Hulk, Sentry, kinda). And Nebula (tech) got a decent update with the shock changes (I would argue that Storm, not really). The options include cosmic, mutant, and tech champs. Of those three I would prefer to pick a mutant to update next.

Basically, Colossus is an old, pervasive, simple champ from a class that hasn't had recent revisits (as far as I can recall) that is more likely to benefit player gameplay when buffed, in my opinion.
  • MouseNostaMouseNosta Posts: 13
    If Colossus ends up being chosen, what about Unstoppable Colossus? only difference is the Juggernaught helm, right? would only Colossus be revamped, or would all iterations w/ the name 'Colossus' be revamped?

and my choice is Colossus, btw.
This discussion has been closed.