**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Do you like Duel Skirmish?

Comments

• Thebgj01Thebgj01 Posts: 269
    If you change the option to just "NO"...I would choose that one. It's a yes or no question. Your options go better with "do you like the duel rewards?"

I don't mind the rewards, I just hate how tedious it can be
  • SpiritSpirit Posts: 222
    No - the rewards are terrible...
    Thebgj01 wrote: »
    If you change the option to just "NO"...I would choose that one. It's a yes or no question. Your options go better with "do you like the duel rewards?"

I don't mind the rewards, I just hate how tedious it can be

Maybe u missed the point. He means that the rewards are terrible when compared to the amount of effort needed. Heck the same rewards would be like AWESOME if we got them just for winning one duel (daydreams).

But ya comin back to the point, I think rewards are not worth the TIME more than the effort.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I don't think the rewards are terrible but it's just annoying to do every 8 days. I forgot to do my duels a lot
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    New milestone and rank rewards will motivate people. Especially if it was a 3 day event to replace Perfect Series. Maybe you could get Duel Skirmish crystals that give Glory, Units, PHC, 3* and 4* Shards. Obviously they would be low amounts cause the more milestones you reach the more crystals you get. Rank rewards would probably the same to other 3 day events and the whole Dueling aspect would be changed. Why do we need to pay units to Duel more? Why is there a limit in the first place? Just seems silly, how many units do people actually spend on such a tideous event? You get 150 4* shards at rank 1, the amount of units you use to get there would be better used in the arena or questing.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    It's kinda pointless but I do it because the alliance expects it done and it takes 5 minutes each day.
    Basically free shards
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Yeah, answer options aren't the best. The rewards are fine for the effort, but... even though it does not take more than a few minutes, it is a thoroughly bleh event. Huh? Duel Skirmish is up? Alright, let me do 5 fights against some chump so I can get back to a more interesting part of the game. Or arena ;). I'll get it done, but there is no joy in it. ANd the ranked rewards...? Woo, tiny amounts of shards. Give me a Re-duel button and auto-fight, and I will be back on board =P
  • ege999menege999men Posts: 275 ★★
    Duel maxed out guys while holding your phone upside down and don't block
    I find duel skirmish to be the best practice for AW
    SlowDigz wrote: »
    ege999men wrote: »
    Duel maxed out guys while holding your phone upside down and don't block
    I find duel skirmish to be the best practice for AW

@ege999men what are your thoughts on the rewards for this event?
    Rewards? Useless

BCdiscman wrote: »
    Duels are great!!! They help weed out the Alliance members not willing to do the requirements.

Exactly
  • NeowantsyouNeowantsyou Posts: 198 ★★
    It's the only event I'm lazy to do. Having to type the duel target name everytime, is just ugh. I always forget to do it.
  • King_L0kiB34rKing_L0kiB34r Posts: 208
    Instead of this being like an arena battle it should be an auto fight battle. set it and forget it.
    Yeah they changed the Arena, they gave us RTTL and LOL, they even changed the rewards for the monthly quest. Maybe now they'll focus on the daily events.
  • IvankaIvanka Posts: 236
    I don't like the answers on the poll.

The rewards are neither great nor terrible and I lead my own alliance so nobody forces me to do it.

The rewards for duel skirmish are good if you consider the time you put in to it. 10-15 fights, if everyone in your alliance does it, and you easily get... what?.. 2000 battle chips, a decent amount of gold, 3000 or 4000 PHC shards, some loyalty and other stuff. You'd be hard pressed to find those kinds of rewards anywhere else for 10 fights and 0 investment of gold or energy.

On the other hand, there is so dang much to do in this game I can never keep up and so since PHCs are pretty low on my list of priorities I often skip it or I just do one fight to piggyback on the rewards of the alliance. I can play this game from sun up to sun down virtually nonstop and still never run out of things to do and never finish all the things I want to do... from arena grinding, to story quests, to Road to the Labyrinth, to monthly event quests, to daily catalyst quests... not to mention I have 2 accounts now and am running or help run two alliances, there is simply not enough time for me to care about duels. Thank GOD that so far there are no Spidey quests or Web Slinger challenges this month or something similar. Please for the love of Christ give us at least one month off from that nonsense Kabam. I don't think I have made any progress on exploring Act 4 in 6 weeks.

So... are they good rewards for the time you spend getting them? Yeah, definitely.

Are they so good that they warrant being a priority over all the other stuff you can do in the game? Eh... probably not.

If your alliance forces you to do them and you agree with my philosophy, we're always recruiting and we've got two different levels of alliance. Competitive and casual. Send me a message.
  • IvankaIvanka Posts: 236
    Skylord wrote: »
    Live duels would be so much better

You mean with both people playing? Not really. The game is so heavily slanted toward playing defensively... I think it only really works playing against an AI. Otherwise you'd both just be sitting there waiting for the other guy to attack.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Every time it comes up I cringe
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    edited August 2017
    I don't understand why Alliances require it, the rewards are dust for anyone except beginners.
    I just did it for the alliance.

It need just few time, of course, but the rewards don't worth that time.
    Plus, many times you should extra push because many ones in the alliance don't do their fee.
  • Yes - the rewards are great!
    Good way to test a 3* version of a new champ for me, added benefit of it being a 2 minute job. Gets you phcs which lead to 3, then 4, then 5 star shards. Unless I guess people don't open any phcs any more from arena etc
  • ApacheApache Posts: 558 ★★
    The coders can't make any changes to this game cause they'll screw something else up. They must be paid like ****
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    Kinda - I only do it because my alliance forces me to do it.
    They should change the rewards. For winning a duel they should add 4 star shards in addition to the gold and BC and for the uncollected they should add 5 or 6 star shards(75 shards each match. )
    A_Noob_Is1 wrote: »
    They should change the rewards. For winning a duel they should add 4 star shards in addition to the gold and BC and for the uncollected they should add 5 or 6 star shards(75 shards each match. )

But then they'll be that one person who only needs 75 shards for something, do one duel and not do anymore.

They should make it a three day event with your shard idea in place somehow.
  • No - the rewards are terrible...
    Nah no point my alliance is always to busy doing AW so we always just have to deal with unfair match ups so i mean what can I say
  • No - the rewards are terrible...
    Well I do like duelling people but the rewards for duel skirmish are just bad and not worth so yeah