**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Hitting into block being countered by specials. [Merged Threads]

Comments

• DestroyerDestroyer Posts: 130
    to give you specific example, OR vs Spiked Armor Groot in UC EQ 3.1:

As I'm hitting into Groot's block intending to do a MLLLM combo, my first L connects, but my second one whifs ( so M-L-Whif) and I take five hits. later that same fight I throw a SP2 while Groot is against the wall and the last hit somehow missed and I'm countered by his sp1 seemingly before my SP animation ended.
  • Jemster519Jemster519 Posts: 210 ★★
    KwAmOn said:

No one else cares that this game breaking stuff exists?

I do, and a lot of people. But we flood these guys with videos with proof and they still deny it. I've made claims everything is related to frame drops and how AI manages the hicups (sometimes not noticeable) and reacts based on this. The AI is clearly just taking advantage of something to do things differently.

Let's think of this. Have you guys noticed sometimes after ending a fight, you get this fast forward effect, instead of the slow down or used to be? Well I see AI doing something similar. Now it is thinking faster and literally using the very small milliseconds available for a command to go in. It's like it's thinking in fast forward and know "when" to do something because it's speeding how to read moves to counter. Second example, before if you would dash into a block you wpuld never get evaded, now it's like it sees your dash in slow motion and evades because it's "confident" it can do it in time, and has the perfect back draft for you. And it's ironic because he ow we can't do the same, but AI know exactly how to.

The AI used to be slow to react or take more time to decide. Now it has more "time" available because it can see those hicups and anticipates better what we see at the same visual we are used to.

Unfortunately there is no solid proof of this because I can't controls logs of the game, but they can and don't seem to acknowledge they have more options to determine the real problem.
    Changing the way the AI plays has been going on for sometime. They have made these changes little by little. After this last update, we have all noticed this change. This one was not as subtle. This is the direction that Kabam has made and I personally do not expect resolve as I think all of this has been pre-planned. We need to get use to these changes.
  • LongtimegamerLongtimegamer Posts: 179 ★★★

KwAmOn said:

I do, and a lot of people. But we flood these guys with videos with proof and they still deny it. I've made claims everything is related to frame drops and how AI manages the hicups (sometimes not noticeable) and reacts based on this. The AI is clearly just taking advantage of something to do things differently.

Let's think of this. Have you guys noticed sometimes after ending a fight, you get this fast forward effect, instead of the slow down or used to be? Well I see AI doing something similar. Now it is thinking faster and literally using the very small milliseconds available for a command to go in. It's like it's thinking in fast forward and know "when" to do something because it's speeding how to read moves to counter. Second example, before if you would dash into a block you wpuld never get evaded, now it's like it sees your dash in slow motion and evades because it's "confident" it can do it in time, and has the perfect back draft for you. And it's ironic because he ow we can't do the same, but AI know exactly how to.

The AI used to be slow to react or take more time to decide. Now it has more "time" available because it can see those hicups and anticipates better what we see at the same visual we are used to.

Unfortunately there is no solid proof of this because I can't controls logs of the game, but they can and don't seem to acknowledge they have more options to determine the real problem.
    Changing the way the AI plays has been going on for sometime. They have made these changes little by little. After this last update, we have all noticed this change. This one was not as subtle. This is the direction that Kabam has made and I personally do not expect resolve as I think all of this has been pre-planned. We need to get use to these changes.
    No, we don't need to get used to these changes!

One of the unspoken rules of any game is that the AI has to behave in a fair manner.

If we hit into an enemy's block and they either dex out of it and counter with a combo or use a special attack, this breaks this rule.

It's no different than having a random chance of dying at the start of every fight for no apparent reason.
  • Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 467 ★★★
    edited May 2019
    My problem with this is the different set of rules for AI and users. This is not a getting used to the gameplay sort of issue as AI does not get block locked but human users do. If they got rid of block lock for the AI then get rid of it for us. Otherwise restore it.

On a plus note If they got rid of block lock we would never have to read another annoying Domino is breaking blocks thread again as people who dont realize there trying to Dex out of her combos could finally get away with it.
    Dtl7714 said:

My problem with this is the different set of rules for AI and users. This is not a getting used to the gameplay sort of issue as AI does not get block locked but human users do. If they got rid of block lock for the AI then get rid of it for us. Otherwise restore it.

On a plus note If they got rid of block lock we would never have to read another annoying Domino is breaking blocks thread again as people who dont realize there trying to Dex out of her combos could finally get away with it.

If you remember, we used to be able to back out of the AI's punches after the 2nd or 3rd blocked hit, but they disabled that way back in early 2018 and we were never able to back out and counter them.

Not only can we NOT do this any more, but now the AI can! And they can counter with a combo! And they can also launch specials while we punch into their blocks, which we can't and have never been able to do!

This is sabotage at best! They're undermining basic principles of fair game and turning it into a cheap insulting money grab.

And no, we won't settle for being allowed the same mechanic because having it enabled for the AI is a giant detriment to us.

So are we never able to punch into an opponents blocks anymore without being punished for it? NOT FAIR! This is disgraceful treatment from the developer.
  • DJSergyDJSergy Posts: 170 ★★
    KwAmOn said:

Very well said. I’ve been noticing exactly the same. Backdraft intercept is broken and the issue you describe here can perfectly explain why is happening. Same with a lot of other bugs. They all seem to be related to the change in AI response times.

My question is..... is this an intentional chamge to the AI? Can someone from the game team PLEASE come forward and let us know the answer to this very simple question? All the players want is clarity and good communication from the dev team. Not asking for much.

Thanks
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★

No, we don't need to get used to these changes!

One of the unspoken rules of any game is that the AI has to behave in a fair manner.

If we hit into an enemy's block and they either dex out of it and counter with a combo or use a special attack, this breaks this rule.

It's no different than having a random chance of dying at the start of every fight for no apparent reason.

You said it, we are playing a different rule set that what the AI is doing.
    They can do stuff that we can't do.
    That means the AI is in fact exploiting this in the game.

So, Kabam should do the same punishment for people taking advantage of exploits... Ban the AI!

It sure seems like Kabam wants to keep it like this since it generates more revenue for them while they "investigate" this.
    There is no solid feedback from Kabam, even though they promised to be more open about all these things. Depressing really.
    DJSergy said:

KwAmOn said:

Very well said. I’ve been noticing exactly the same. Backdraft intercept is broken and the issue you describe here can perfectly explain why is happening. Same with a lot of other bugs. They all seem to be related to the change in AI response times.

My question is..... is this an intentional chamge to the AI? Can someone from the game team PLEASE come forward and let us know the answer to this very simple question? All the players want is clarity and good communication from the dev team. Not asking for much.

Thanks
    That would be nice. But a "no comment" is almost like an admission of their intentions. I really do think that these changes to the AI have been intentional. They have been making subtle changes for sometime but will never admit to it. It is not like the old days were we would actually be informed of upcoming changes like this.
    Can we get your thoughts on this Kabam?

This isn't normal at all. Are we never ever allowed to hit into the AI's block anymore? Getting dexed or hit with specials like this has never been part of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhHV5I4-GFQ
  • Dp12Dp12 Posts: 23
    So, I don't have a video to prove it..but I am sure I got hit twice with specials when I was hitting the AI during block phase...is it happening to me or with everyone else...just to be clear..the AI was blocking and I was hitting him on block and out of nowhere the AI activated specials...I don't think that used to happen before...
  • APERAGEAPERAGE Posts: 10
    OR and Venom the duck still experiencing this problem. Be nice to get a fix
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    I'm still seeing this issue in War.

Tier 3, node 29

My Void against Medusa.

Medusa is already a tough defender, partially because she tends to not be as liberal with throwing specials as other champs. This means that hitting into her block is a MUST in order to keep from getting pinned in the corner.

She is made dramatically harder when you are unable to hit into her block when she has a bar of power. And in War, 1 special can easily kill your champ. There is no chance for recovery from this bug.

Please fix it.
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    Multiple occurrences in multiple AQ’s the last couple of days. Including one versus the first Punisher 2099 node on map 6, where I got hit with a special DURING my regular combo. So not while hitting into block. Which also still happens. As do sever FPS drops and a whole bunch of other **** that make this game too expensive to justify playing at a high level.

I guess whatever tinkering that has been going on, finally comes back to bite the tinkerers in the foot. Because all I hear lately is complaints and all I see is players either quitting, dropping down significantly or going solo. It’s just not sustainable anymore. Nor is it fun.

Good luck fixing it. Make it fast.
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    Happened to me today twice. Enemy fired a SP1 while i was hitting into the opponent's block. and no I didn't slow down my combo.
  • Spoonmanaron2Spoonmanaron2 Posts: 46
    Still happening and likely part of a much larger problem of AI recovery time being too fast. Acting like unstoppable when it isn't
  • StudogStudog Posts: 8
    @Kabam Vydious have you heard about AI using special attacks through blocks before? Because i was in map 4 AQ and i was against a 7.5k Punisher 2099 and i hit him 3 times through his block and when i was going in for the fourth, he launched his L1. Now, i was rapidly tapping the screen so there was no way that i mistimed and when he came at me through my block i spammed my L1 through block and it didnt do anything... Can you have a look at this please? Not so much for me in map 4, i more worried about all those in map 6 and 7, because those Specials would be devastating.

This is still an issue. I’m expecting some major compensation for this, and that’s not coming from a guy who demands compensation very often. It’s impossible to win fights against people who are nine times my rating if they can drop a special attack while I’m hitting them. This has cost me so many revives. Fix your game.

Good luck all. This will never be fixed or compensated. i have seen so many post on this thread. @Kabam Miike has already stated that this is the way the game is intended even though it has never been like this before. Ironically enough, I have also noticed that you can put up a block in the middle of a combo from the AI. They are the manufacture and they do what ever they want whether we like it or not. THIS WAS AN INTENTIONAL CHANGE!!!!!! That is why it is not getting addressed. More resources you use, the more potential Kabam has for making money. It is that simple. That is why we have the nodes that we have now. Same reason.
  • Luke208080Luke208080 Posts: 103
    edited May 2019
    @Kabam Lyra

This was listed as a known bug in April, with an expected fix in 23.0.1. But it was clearly not fixed, and also didn't make it to the updated May known bugs (and thanks to the team for being more diligent updating it).

Can you confirm, and add this back to the current known bugs, to create some visibilty and add some positivity to this thread? Or altenatively tell us its working as intended so people can react accordingly.
  • Mr_KonmanMr_Konman Posts: 16
    Yes, please tell us if this is working as intended but don't tell us nothing has changed and this was always been the case. Clearly this is a problem that started with the new update.
  • DestroyerDestroyer Posts: 130
    OR vs. Taskmaster, Map 6, Tier 2, Path 3 (TM, WS, Vision, DocOck) hitting into TM's block and TM launches special. This is happening in arena, AQ, AW, EQ. It's everywhere.
    Just got hit with a giant special 1 against Captain Marvel in map 7 when punching into her block. Fix this.
  • MohammedHanafyMohammedHanafy Posts: 45
    Another great person and he is a very good player took a decision to leave the game out of all of these issues that are mentioned in this thread...

Stop ignoring this and change it back.

There is no point in playing a game that makes you angry instead of enjoying.

You are losing your best and soon enough you will lose the remaining...

And those cash players that you are counting on when they don't find people to show off with their might, they also will follow and leave.
  • Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    Again this happens to me in AW 😡 When Medusa has 3 furies you need to attack her block or you will get trapped in a corner. I was trying to keep that from happening and after the second hit I catch a Sp1 to the face. This is so not fair it's been this long and we have not got a fix or an exact time when this update is coming.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Just got crushed in AW trying to push Thing to 15 charges. Really fun and interactive Kabam.
This discussion has been closed.