**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Petition to make the Infinity Stone Buffs Permanent

JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★
So ... this monthly event quest isn't great. The rewards are very weak, the difficulty is (or was, with regards to Save the Battlerealm) pretty absurd. Considering that this is the month of Endgame, the cinematic event of the Century, something better should be involved. And one way to improve the quality of this month would be to treat the Infinity Stone Buffs as Beta tests.. These are the OG Avengers. They're some of the oldest champs in the game, they're the founders of perhaps the greatest Superhero team of all time; they're the ones who beat Loki, Ultron, Thanos, and many more. The Avengers are probably the biggest draw to this game. They should be OP. They should be characters you should be really excited to get from crystals. Let's make this buff permanent. (And improve the Iron Man buff just a tad). Come on Kabam. You're losing players with all the issues of the last two months. Make it up to the community.
Also, make them all available as 5 stars.

Sincerely,
JohnHS

Comments

• RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    Cap would be a bit OP. He would need toned down a bit. Hawkeye seems balanced enough and Iron Man could get a bit more shock but I would be happy if they just put him in as is. I don’t think they will keep these buffs but one can hope
  • Narwhal52xNarwhal52x Posts: 513 ★★★
    No
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★
    @Dkutctgh Why is that?
    Agreed, @Rockypantherx.
    No time to get upset at people on the internet. :D All I'm saying is it would be a good draw to actually have the popular characters also be powerful. Not as many people are familiar with Domino, Void, and Magik.
  • I agree they should consider keeping the buffs.
  • BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    Love the idea, awsome arguments, not going to happen
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    Marvel's Kabam's Contest of [B-List] Champions

I agree that the popular characters should be stronger in the game. OG X-Men, Avengers, Spiderman, Fantastic 4.

The Tier list should be as follows:
    OG main champs (Cap, IM, Thor, Hulk, Wolvie, Phoenix, Cyclops, Beast, Rogue, Spiderman, etc)
    Primary villains (Thanos, Dorm, Green Goblin, Mr Sinister, Magneto, MODOK, Sentinel, Ultron, Venom, Carnage, Doc Ock)
    Secondary heroes & mercs (Ant/Wasp, GotG, Inhuman Family, Ronin, Hawkeye)
    Secondary villains (Rhino, Black Order, psylocke, VtD, King Groot, Ronan, Electro, Ghost, Diablo)
    Supporting cast (everyone else).

I know on its surface it wouldn't work in Kabam's current model of existing champs, and adding 2-3 new ones per month. If the OG/OP champs are already in the game, then almost every new champ will be weaker because they are mostly secondary/supporting/made-up characters. Once you have an OP Captain America, why would you want to spend on some "new" secondary champ like Corvus or Domino?

Kabam would have to change the synergy system and somehow make these new champs valuable despite their lower tier.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    I think OG Avengers should be like demi-god tier instead of thrash. Some reworks could be better but I'd rather have something than nothing.
  • TigerousRogers9TigerousRogers9 Posts: 1
    edited May 2019
    yeah we need to permanent those 6 infinity stones and apply it to our all champions so the players will be happy in the game of marvel contest of champions

oo kailangan namin upang permanenteng mga 6 infinity mga bato at ilapat ito sa aming lahat ng mga kampeon upang ang mga manlalaro ay magiging masaya sa laro ng mamangha paligsahan ng champions
    Agreed, Haji. Thor's stone isn't worth much. Gives him a bit more fury and armor breaks.
    I like Iron Man's armor becoming shock, but he really just needs an attack boost. Arc Overload is great, but good hits are so weak.
  • Kaladin_Kaladin_ Posts: 391
    IDK about the stones but the Classic Avengers definitely need upgrading. They're thing is team work. I would like to see them have borderline broken synergy with each other. Something like Medusa blacbolts and karnack royal family maybe you call it "Earth mightiest heroes" if you have 5 avengers gain +20/20% atk health +300cr +300cd +10%pg. I mean it is the avengers!
    ^ This. Relatively small overall rework (they kind of lack utility apart from Widow and Hawkeye, and damage apart from low-health duped Hulk), and great team synergy.
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    No. Cap and hulk would break the game if they kept their buffs
  • mbracembrace Posts: 821 ★★★

No. Cap and hulk would break the game if they kept their buffs

This is true and too bad. Hawkeye and Iron Man were buffed to how you always wanted them to be and didn’t seem OP. Now it’s going to be back to the OG Avengers being trash champs.
  • Mobius360Mobius360 Posts: 69
    With a few adjustments these changes would make all these original hero's very playable against any of the new heros. It was fun to see some of the stuff Kabam did to these hero's with the stones. Sadly their power will go back to normal very soon. Thought Hawkeye was great and could probably be buffed as is with the stone. Ironman and Thor possibly as well. Hulk, Cap and I think Black Widow (stun on evade) would need some slight tweaks.
    Agreed. Fighting Widow would be a nightmare, while Hulk and Cap wouldn't be any joke either. But I think ramping furies would be good for Hulk (I mean, the Hulk, who gets stronger as he gets angrier, should be a big ramp up champ), and some sort of cheat death would be good as well. Cap's power control would be great, and maybe he could reflect damage prevented by a parry back at his opponent.
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    edited June 2019
    JohnHS said:

Agreed. Fighting Widow would be a nightmare, while Hulk and Cap wouldn't be any joke either.

Regarding Widow, her abilities with the stone look very similar to Namor's abilities.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Hulk would just be able too one shot all of act 5
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 748 ★★★
    edited June 2019
    Yeah it really sucks that they make the characters that people are into the most suck the most. They definitely should keep some form of the buff to even them out with all of the new characters released this last year. Every single one has been better. Even DIablo. BUt I dont know about people saying the rewards sucked lol. I have gotten a 4* Awakening gem and like 6 T4CC and like 7 basic T4 including sig stones 4 and 5*. Never got that much before even close. Just not so much 5* shards.
    Yeah. The fact that a relatively unknown lieutenant of Thanos is so much more powerful than Thor is weird.