**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Rocket makes a good point

WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 ★★★
What IS the plural of Thanos?

Rocket makes a good point 129 votes

Thanos
15%
Carmel1Dexman1349TerraSparks71Savio444LilMaddogHTHarbinger195SandeepSThesurvivlistWabobaVoltolosMister_NickelBowTieJohnTheSpicyKnightRockypantherxgforcefanBeyond00_LostReplica23RazeStrikeSirOreoBar 20 votes
Thani
25%
Vdh2008HotCarlosphillgreenIlluminantStucatLvernon15HairyslugThunderGodClaydeeezyMasterShocWicket329dfmoore26tusharNairJohn757Marvel2289Mitchell35KnightZeroTheReverendArchangel442Mr_E 33 votes
Thanoses
27%
SiliyoDeeparviLeNoirFaineantHaji_SaabHort4AxeCopFireA l p h aezgoingMaximumPlaidDuke_SilverErkp01arisRasiloveradknight27Luke208080SassyMastyEvangelionlovrDRTOKillerRino19ninjadtk 35 votes
That’s the last thing we need to worry about if we have to use this word
31%
Whododo872ManiacalMeadqqedfyvrNanoDroidVartoxSundance_2099Sixshot1Kabam ZibiitRm1491AhitlawSpiderCoolssoumaHammerbro_64sueprhai123DonnymeijMattManPanchulon21DemonFromHeavenBoZoCheesehiddenblizzard 41 votes

Comments

• Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Thanos
    Maybe it's one of those rare words/names that does not have a plural form and instead requires the language to adjust accordingly.

Instead of having multiple , you instead say you have multiple variations of Thanos.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Thanoses
    It's not Latin so it wouldn't be Thani. It's Thanoses
  • ezgoingezgoing Posts: 269 ★★
    Thanoses
    Same as all other nouns that end with “s”, including say names like James. You add “es”.
    Thanoses
    I'm sure no one cares, but "es" used to be the plural and the possessive form in Middle English and it was pronounced. At some point we contracted the possessive to 's and dropped the e from the plural when it wasn't needed when we stopped pronouncing it as another syllable.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    Thanos as a name was taken directly from the Greek 'Thanatos' by Jim Starlin (Thanos even has a twin brother Eros, same as the original) but I've got no idea how you pluralize a Greek personal noun ending in -os. I don't think it would be any of the options you've given us though.
    Thanoses
    Snizzbar said:

Thanos as a name was taken directly from the Greek 'Thanatos' by Jim Starlin (Thanos even has a twin brother Eros, same as the original) but I've got no idea how you pluralize a Greek personal noun ending in -os. I don't think it would be any of the options you've given us though.

It would be Thanoi in that case, though I’m satisfied with thanoses lol
  • BrudixTreeBrudixTree Posts: 801 ★★
    Thanoses
    But i also agree on this last one Point ^^
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    I would call multiple Thanos people

The Inevitables

• Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    Thani sounds like a female version of Thanos.

• NanosamaNanosama Posts: 53
    Snizzbar said:

Not to be too pedantic, but Thanatos’ (death) brother is Hypnos (sleep) 😉
  • NanosamaNanosama Posts: 53
    In Greek mythology
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    @Liss_Bliss_ The female version of Thanos is Thanus
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    Thanoses
    Thanos is a proper noun.The only way to make proper noun plural is to add -s or, if the proper noun ends with s, x, z, ch, or sh, add -es.
    So plural of Thanos is Thanoses.
  • That’s the last thing we need to worry about if we have to use this word
    Maybe it is like "octopus" and there are multiple plural versions that can be used.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

@Liss_Bliss_ The female version of Thanos is Thanus

Never knew that.

I like Thani better lol
  • Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★

Maybe it is like "octopus" and there are multiple plural versions that can be used.

Big fella, “octopi” is the only plural for octopus. There is only one
  • WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 ★★★

Technically it’s octopodi. But no one uses that. No one.

• ClydaniaClydania Posts: 440 ★★
    I think it's actu--------
  • Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★

Wow, really? That’s incredible
    Science is terrible at naming things, and english is terrible at making rules
    edited May 2019
    Thanoses

It’s 3rd declension, not 2nd declension. The plural would be octopodes.
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★

Wow, really? That’s incredible
    Science is terrible at naming things, and english is terrible at making rules
    We all are to blame haha
  • WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 ★★★

It’s 3rd declension, not 2nd declension. The plural would be octopodes.
    Oh yeah you’re right, sorry
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,809 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    Guys I’m ur savior since I’m Greek and Thanos is a Greek name. The original name is Athanasios and Thanos is one of its shortened editions. Athanasios means the one who can’t die if explained in Greek or immortal if u like. As for ur wonder about “Thanos” plural is “Thanoi”. Although it might sound weird in English but not forget that it’s a straight translation from a very complex language as Greek are. Hope I helped u :)
  • WolfOfRandPlaceWolfOfRandPlace Posts: 9
    edited May 2019
    A few people have gotten it right- since Thanos comes from a Greek name, it could follow those rules. Greek masculine words ending in -os are pluralized by changing to -oi; that is, Thanos becomes Thanoi.

On a related note, in the comics the Earth-based Eternals made their home in ancient Greece (and have been mistaken for Greek gods many times). Thanos is descended from these Eternals. Thus, it's possible that he would actually pluralize his name the same way.