**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Disconcerting Precedent

HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
It was affirmed that Ebony Maw's design was to not allow Elektra to be able to knock him out (albeit sp3).

I don't want to start down a slippery slope fallacy, but is this the new precedent that's going to be set for future champs?

Meaning, certain champs can be nearly invincible when fighting other certain champs.

That just doesn't sit well with me.

Thoughts?

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Is this a discussion to take the place of the other discussion that took the place of the other discussion on this? Lol.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    How many open threads do you need about this? Just stop. Try taking DD against EM.

Take Dorm against Ultron. Take a mystic against HT. Oh wait we do not do these things because they are **** match ups that already exist and we play around it.

• HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★

Is this a discussion to take the place of the other discussion that took the place of the other discussion on this? Lol.

Touche

Although, now we have concrete affirmation this was by design.

You win this round, GW.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★

How many open threads do you need about this? Just stop. Try taking DD against EM.

Take Dorm against Ultron. Take a mystic against HT. Oh wait we do not do these things because they are **** match ups that already exist and we play around it.

Yeah, but they're actually winnable.
    But but but. Get over it.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    Hamin said:

Touche

Although, now we have concrete affirmation this was by design.

You win this round, GW.
    Where is the affirmation? I just can't get the search function to ever find what I want :s
  • ThreedeadkingsThreedeadkings Posts: 97
    That is quite different observation and interpretation from Kabam about EW’s ability on guaranteed crit hit miss.

Isn’t EW’s ability read as ‘when class disadvantaged, guaranteed crit hit will miss’? How did that ever got translated to completely negating an inherent signature ability of a champion that is not class disadvantaged?

And this doesn’t just go to Elektra alone but possibly Aegon when he had chalked up all those combo meter counts and face EW as the last opponent.

Plus, how would EW’s ‘miss’ ability interact with Pure Skill mastery now if the above interpretation by Kabam is true? Wouldn’t that render an entire mastery tree useless for a class neutral champ when facing EW?

I’ll be grateful if Kabam can shed more light and provide the community with more information about neutral class crit hit interactions with EW’s miss ability. Another that comes to my mind is Rocket Raccoon’s sig ability Furocity.

By the way, Kabam, you’re not setting this up in order to introduce ‘unmissable hit’ ability into future champs right? 😂

Corvus and Ghost users are in such a tizzy they are pretending they play with Elektra. Keep the laughs coming guys.

Players are up in arms because they can’t enjoy the game if they cannot have the mantrums to go along with it.
    FTFY

• Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Hey lets release a champ who bleeds people like crazy, gains power off the bleed, then make everyone in war immune to bleed! Wait, wrong thread.

They've done stuff like this before. There's been matchups like this before. Its nothing new. We've adapted, we've adjusted. Remember when autoblock to parry became a thing?

As much as I hated 12.0, remember 12.0 wasn't about nerfing. but characters had to be nerfed as a result of that.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,277 ★★★★★
    Primmer79 said:

Hey lets release a champ who bleeds people like crazy, gains power off the bleed, then make everyone in war immune to bleed! Wait, wrong thread.

They've done stuff like this before. There's been matchups like this before. Its nothing new. We've adapted, we've adjusted. Remember when autoblock to parry became a thing?

As much as I hated 12.0, remember 12.0 wasn't about nerfing. but characters had to be nerfed as a result of that.

There haven't been matchups like this before. If people don't say anything now this could become the new normal. No one really believes that it was fully intended that Elektra not be able to kill EM once he drops to 15%. Even mostly incompetent testers would have fought multiple times against EM with every champ that has a guaranteed crit and determined that this was a problem. Testers didn't notice that Ultron couldn't even finish a combo against him?
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    So let me get this straight.......

People who have been playing this game for a while only have 4 attackers? Heck I am nowhere near the level of play the top people are at, but I have a diverse selection of 4/55, 3/45, 5/50 champs to chose from. If I see a champ that is a counter/hard counter to one of my main champs I use, guess what, I use a different one.

Relying on the same 3 champs for everything hurts YOU the most. Not having the roster or the skill set, and I lean toward the latter for most people QQ’ing, isn’t a nerf or bad game design.

Everyone who has CG, Ghost and any other champ that EM counters might I suggest using a different champ? I hear RH, LC, KM, Void, workvreally well, or at least have worked well for me.

Learn to not rely on the same facerolling FOTM champs for everything.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,277 ★★★★★
    The current workaround is the same for bad matchup (Corvus vs. SymbSupreme) as it is for hard stop matchup (Corvus vs. EM). "Just use someone else" is easy to say now, but what about 6-12 months from now when you're dodging hard stop matchups (both intended and inadvertent) all over the place because Kabam has spammed them everywhere like unstoppable?
  • HeadrollerHeadroller Posts: 255
    Gmonkey said:

I am ok with this interaction. You have a team of champs to choose from. You get to read nodes ahead of time so you can assemble your team. The game has a lot of interactions and complexities, you have other options for ebony maw if one is on your path.

Have you been to the arena screen yet? Not sure what champs you can see except for one in that game content.
  • GomezlinkGomezlink Posts: 212

Corvus can not defeat Ebony, that's for nothing, no mystic can defeat a human torch ...
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

That is quite different observation and interpretation from Kabam about EW’s ability on guaranteed crit hit miss.

Isn’t EW’s ability read as ‘when class disadvantaged, guaranteed crit hit will miss’? How did that ever got translated to completely negating an inherent signature ability of a champion that is not class disadvantaged?

And this doesn’t just go to Elektra alone but possibly Aegon when he had chalked up all those combo meter counts and face EW as the last opponent.

Plus, how would EW’s ‘miss’ ability interact with Pure Skill mastery now if the above interpretation by Kabam is true? Wouldn’t that render an entire mastery tree useless for a class neutral champ when facing EW?

I’ll be grateful if Kabam can shed more light and provide the community with more information about neutral class crit hit interactions with EW’s miss ability. Another that comes to my mind is Rocket Raccoon’s sig ability Furocity.

By the way, Kabam, you’re not setting this up in order to introduce ‘unmissable hit’ ability into future champs right? 😂

No, you got the wording diametrically opposed, itis UNLESS CLASS ADVANTAGE.. Meaning that a science champ can have a guaranteed critical hit, no one else can.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Gmonkey said:

I am ok with this interaction. You have a team of champs to choose from. You get to read nodes ahead of time so you can assemble your team. The game has a lot of interactions and complexities, you have other options for ebony maw if one is on your path.

Have you been to the arena screen yet? Not sure what champs you can see except for one in that game content.
    In the arena you can see who you are fighting before you actually fight them. Unless you come up against a team of all ebony maws and have a team full of nothing but corvus and/or elektra I am not sure what your point is.
  • XXGhost_RiderXXXXGhost_RiderXX Posts: 245 ★★★
    You say Champs who crit are useless against Ebony Maw? Wait a second, I know a champ who doesn't crit... Crossbones!
  • NanosamaNanosama Posts: 55

Aegon doesn’t have a sure crits mechanic, the chance of crits grows with his combo meter, so he is not affected . Same with Rocket Raccoon.

Only non-science sure crits champions are affected, a minimal number, already mentioned in the numerous threads that were open on this subject, not the ones whose crits chance grows according to circumstances.

And concerning the pure skill mastery I don’t see how it is affected by EM...
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    I'd say it already has an impact if every one of Elektras strikes is a crit and all will miss she is usless against ebony maw...you really did not answer the question Mike. Is this a trend? We now have two champs we will never purposely face off...will that be a trend with future champs???
  • Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 467 ★★★
    Rap said:

I'd say it already has an impact if every one of Elektras strikes is a crit and all will miss she is usless against ebony maw...you really did not answer the question Mike. Is this a trend? We now have two champs we will never purposely face off...will that be a trend with future champs???

And to me that is the bigger question. Everbody keeps obsessing on this argument as if only pertained to Corvus and a few others.

For some of us we just dont like the idea of Kabam introducing a mechanic that makes champs realistically unbeatable by other champs(worded that way for the trolls who want to pretend you can get a victory against Maw with corvus light hitting)

Honestly Kabam could make alot of this argument go away if they would just address if the mechanic was introduced solely to torpedo Corvus. Or if this will be a new trend to introduce a champ who is unbeatable by other champs every month.

Of course if they announce this will be a monthly thing or stay silent and introduce someone with a similar ability towards a select group of champs again next month then people arguing about this will really go of the rails.
This discussion has been closed.