**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Domino breaking blocks

Comments

• Riggs_97Riggs_97 Posts: 111
    I've only suffered the block break once during alliance war. However, what I find most interesting is that if you face Domino she has the potential to break your block and wreck you. If you are using her however, she never breaks the block of the AI - not even once.
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    As I said, the block break happens when players try to dash back on her 2nd hit of the 1st Medium attack.

Don't think that's a bug but a completely annoying game design.
    Yes. There's time when you can't parry the 1st hit of 1st Medium attack just because her critical failure signature ability is active on you. Annoying I will say.

Right now I've enough practice to either parry her from the 1st hit of 1st Medium attack OR just block without attempting to evade when I'm late to parry her.

Thanks to that, there's no block break anymore when I meet her in arena

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    Riggs_97 said:

I've only suffered the block break once during alliance war. However, what I find most interesting is that if you face Domino she has the potential to break your block and wreck you. If you are using her however, she never breaks the block of the AI - not even once.

She doesnt "break blocks of the a.i." because she doesnt break blocks period.
  • Riggs_97Riggs_97 Posts: 111

Riggs_97 said:

I beg to differ, but eh. For some, it may not happen - it doesn't mean it doesn't happen for others.
    Riggs_97 said:

Riggs_97 said:

I beg to differ, but eh. For some, it may not happen - it doesn't mean it doesn't happen for others.
    There still hasnt ever been any actual proof of it happening. I was able to recreate the a posters situation showing it was because of trying to get away from the second hit. Provide some proof. Include in your video your screen touches.
    Dtl7714 said:

Yeah, you need to provide proof for some people to believe it. Cause if it didnt happen to them it cant be true. That's why a certain denier in this thread was trying to deny the over defensive bug in a thread that led off with a video of modok chilling in the corner. Something that has happened to countless of us by now and is still going on.

Just make sure that you have multiple cameras set up from multiple angles. Otherwise it cant be true.

The way some people see it there are no bugs in this game.

The above guy/girl said it happened once. One. Single. Time. So that makes it a bug? Theres no possible way that person possibly tried to dodge that 2nd hit? No way he/she accidentally moved their thumb or finger? There are many possibilities that could of happened including being a "bug".

If its a bug, it can be replicated. It will happen with her no matter what game mode. Its a champ related "bug", not a game mode related one. If you can't replicate it, it's not a bug.
  • FitzhueFitzhue Posts: 15
    Champions are losing their block in the middle of Domino's two hit medium attack. This problem was fixed in an update several months back, and worked fine for a while, but now it's happening again. Can this be added to the list of known 23.0 issues?
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,262 ★★★★★
    Happened today in Map 6. I would have died if I wasn't using Corvus. All it cost me was a few charges. I for sure for sure didn’t try to evade as I was waiting for her blocked combo to end so I could finish her with the L3. Nope. blockPOW!

It's getting to the point where you should record yourself recording your screen for everything you do with inputs showing so people will believe that something weird happened rather than drowning the forum signal with unsolicited noise and knowitalism. I've had lots of one-off weirdness happen in this game that I wish I would have recorded and then I didn't bother posting about it because I didn't have video proof.
  • Archit_Tandon498Archit_Tandon498 Posts: 325 ★★

Dtl7714 said:

Yeah, you need to provide proof for some people to believe it. Cause if it didnt happen to them it cant be true. That's why a certain denier in this thread was trying to deny the over defensive bug in a thread that led off with a video of modok chilling in the corner. Something that has happened to countless of us by now and is still going on.

Just make sure that you have multiple cameras set up from multiple angles. Otherwise it cant be true.

The way some people see it there are no bugs in this game.

The above guy/girl said it happened once. One. Single. Time. So that makes it a bug? Theres no possible way that person possibly tried to dodge that 2nd hit? No way he/she accidentally moved their thumb or finger? There are many possibilities that could of happened including being a "bug".

If its a bug, it can be replicated. It will happen with her no matter what game mode. Its a champ related "bug", not a game mode related one. If you can't replicate it, it's not a bug.
    Well as per the previous description people were evading the second hit that ended up catching them. But the thing is, each time you take a blocked hit, you're unresponsive for a certain amount of time where any other input is not acknowledged, so you shouldn't be able to evade it at all. And that is a bug.

This answer was also given to address the opponents launching specials mid combo. If it is a continuous 5 hit combo with no delay then you can't launch a special. Try launching a special while getting a 5 hit combo on your block or to the face. It is not possible.

If you say it's not a bug then please show a video of fighting other champ where you can Dex out mid combo.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,262 ★★★★★
    I went into the EQ to test and I wasn't able to get her to "break" my block.

Standing and blocking with my other thumb nowhere near the screen, just in case. Nothing. Full blocking as expected.

I also tried blocking her 1st medium hit and immediately lift-tinyswipe-press to block and lift-press to block right after the blocked hit and I was in blockstun in both scenarios, unable to drop my block and get hit in the time frames given.

This was in heroic EQ. Not high level content by any measure, but that's where I was when I thought about testing. I would assume that glitchy behavior happens more often in uncollected, epic, map 6 AQ and high tier AW for other people since that's where I have the most weird things happen. I'll have to check again in uncollected and epic difficulties.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    it happens when you're unlucky and dexterity doesn't work due to you being unlucky which is her ability, so when you try to dex you get hit instead
  • cUbA_LiBrEcUbA_LiBrE Posts: 1,123 Guardian
    edited May 2019
    The same discussion we had a couple of months ago. Domino never broke the block. This happens also to me if I am too late to evade. My swipe is registered as a block first but at the time of the second hit, I do release my block because I want to evade. Domino does not break my block. I am releasing it my self.
    If I am really "just" holding block, it never happened. Not on my Android phone and not on my iPad pro.

But...
    Kabam did change her medium animation. they reduced the time between the first and second hit of her medium attack. I think the bug is that the old animation or the change of the animation is gone.
  • ManiacalMeManiacalMe Posts: 57
    I knew people would come on here and say, even with video proof, that we were either releasing block or trying to dex. If I was doing those things then I wouldn’t have taken the time out of my day to post it here. I still have yet to hear from a mod saying anything about this.

I have two phones to record this with but I can’t replicate it in duels. It seems to be questing, AQ and war that this is happening in. I’ve ran 15 duels and can’t replicate the problem. But when going through fights in war and quests it has been happening to me and others in my alliance. Clearly, by the comments here it’s been happening to others in the community as well.
  • DrZedicusDrZedicus Posts: 16
    Can confirm, I never try dodge domino after she's made contact just wait and punish heavy, lately that hasn't been working out 100%, now I know why.
  • Rishi3101Rishi3101 Posts: 7
    There is definitely a bug with domino... i have experienced this a lot recently and i can surely say that i did not release block.. even if you hold block she breaks it... this bug has not been fixed by kabam and its really irritating that those affected by it have no choice but to use resources in war. Instead of bringing new champs and buffing old champs why don't you take a look at how pathetic current bugs are and sort that out first. Also there is a bug with 5 hit combo, when you try to launch sp1 or sp2 after a combo the opponent just blocks it and then you know what happens next. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos please take a look at these bugs, sometimes you just feel like quiting because of these issues. Hope that you push a fix for this soon
  • Reevesy01Reevesy01 Posts: 79
    i've also been experienced this block breaking bug several times mostly in AW
    Rishi3101 said:

There is definitely a bug with domino... i have experienced this a lot recently and i can surely say that i did not release block.. even if you hold block she breaks it... this bug has not been fixed by kabam and its really irritating that those affected by it have no choice but to use resources in war. Instead of bringing new champs and buffing old champs why don't you take a look at how pathetic current bugs are and sort that out first. Also there is a bug with 5 hit combo, when you try to launch sp1 or sp2 after a combo the opponent just blocks it and then you know what happens next. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos please take a look at these bugs, sometimes you just feel like quiting because of these issues. Hope that you push a fix for this soon

If it happens all the time then why not record it and show proof? This whole thread is people just saying it and no proof. Might as well be talking about bigfoot.
  • MohammedHanafyMohammedHanafy Posts: 45
    This happened with me also...
    zeezee57 said:

Rishi3101 said:

If it happens all the time then why not record it and show proof? This whole thread is people just saying it and no proof. Might as well be talking about bigfoot.
    Someone did post a video which resulted in you telling him he's releasing his block and trying to Dex. Short of having two phones to record your hands with the second there's no proving it to you. As someone who had it happen multiple times in the save the battlerealm event I can support the claim that its happening. But I know you know what I'm doing in the game better than I do and its really that I'm deciding to try to evade mid block only against Domino and only on the second hit of her two hit medium. Mystery debunked, there's no bug, thanks for correcting everyone's mistake.
    You can turn on the touch points on the phone while recording like I did. You don't have to have 2 phones to do it. Most 3rd party screen recording apps have this function where you can see your touch points during recording. It's not too hard to do and I did it in my video. If you do frame by frame in mine vs his/hers, the animations are the same.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

I see two sides, both being right but not listening to each other or not knowing Domino's block break history...

When Domino was introduced she could "break" your block .. but what she was actually doing was that she was punishing your attempt to dex out of her medium. As it was two hits, the first ever initial medium hit to have 2 hits, it caught people in that dex and this appeared to be "block break".

Then Kabam decided to "fix" that. And you were able to dex out of it like any other champ.

Enters 22.0, Domino has gone back to her original state. You can avoid her from breaking blocks by holding onto the block until she has finished the 2nd hit. However, Kabam took it as a bug earlier, so it is reasonable to assume that this is a bug. Equally knowing its Kabam, they can just state that this is the intended behaviour. :smiley:

So you are actually saying she never broke block.... Also it has always been hard, if not impossible to dex out of her second hit, that is not new, because her second hit comes faster than a normal hit. Also can you please link to where they listed it as a bug?
  • gforcefangforcefan Posts: 381 ★★★
    I don't have a real dog in this fight because my alliance is quest based, I don't play war. Also, I don't have a high level Domino.
    Yesterday in arena, I won the first two fights and had to face a 4/55 domino with my 4/55 hood in the third round. Since I had no chance of losing the win streak, I decided to test this issue myself by just holding block no matter what. I never tried to dex.
    I can say that she certainly did break my block one time. Other times it did not happen.

I don't know what causes this, but I am sure I just held down block since I was not worried about losing the fight.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

Lormif said:

Haji_Saab said:

I see two sides, both being right but not listening to each other or not knowing Domino's block break history...

When Domino was introduced she could "break" your block .. but what she was actually doing was that she was punishing your attempt to dex out of her medium. As it was two hits, the first ever initial medium hit to have 2 hits, it caught people in that dex and this appeared to be "block break".

Then Kabam decided to "fix" that. And you were able to dex out of it like any other champ.

Enters 22.0, Domino has gone back to her original state. You can avoid her from breaking blocks by holding onto the block until she has finished the 2nd hit. However, Kabam took it as a bug earlier, so it is reasonable to assume that this is a bug. Equally knowing its Kabam, they can just state that this is the intended behaviour. :smiley:

So you are actually saying she never broke block.... Also it has always been hard, if not impossible to dex out of her second hit, that is not new, because her second hit comes faster than a normal hit. Also can you please link to where they listed it as a bug?

Search for Domino Block break and read the thread in July, August 2018 ... here is one example with Kabam comment on it being fixed...

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/82652/domino-block-break-update
    Or read the patch notes.

Bug Fixes:
    - Made adjustments to Domino's double hit Medium Attack to prevent Champions from releasing their block too early, bringing it in line with other Champions' double hit attacks.