**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Fix backdraft intercepts already

Comments

• DJSergyDJSergy Posts: 170 ★★
    Haji_Saab said:

I have stopped using the block-intercept technique ... this is the new reality ... easier to accept it, than banging head against a wall

Yes I agree i had to change my gameplay entirely because of this “bug”. However, not being able to attack block/dashback/intercept has diminished tremendously the effectiveness of some champs e.g magik and og vision, that rely a lot on this technique in order to used them effectively in competitive AW.

We need the game team to come forward and confirm if this is an intentional change on the AI or if its a bug. If its a bug, when it will be fixed. If its not going to be fixed, what compensation will be issued?

Magik has gone from god tier AW attacker to a bench warmer in my roster. This is unacceptable and needs to be addressed as it creates a dangerous precedent.
  • hiddenblizzardhiddenblizzard Posts: 506 ★★

It's been a while since I used the forums, because I was busy with my last chap in act 5 and I had to quit because the Ultron didn't let medusa do her work..that is the backdraft intercept still hasn't been fixed i mean this costed me around 500 units will I get compensated for this kabam?
    Or the kabam mods are going to ignore this and this case will never be answered?
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    the hot fix didn't fix anything the game crashes randomly the backdraft intercept is missed up and the Ai can follow you right after you ending your combo with no recovery time in between and hit you i think all of this comes from one side ( they buffed the AI speed silently) Sentinel can still recover fast after his sp1 it's a 50% chance now
  • DestroyerDestroyer Posts: 130
    This was not fixed with the last patch. Can we get some reassurance that this is still being looked into? The AI changes over the last two months have made playing a less than enjoyable experience. Been playing 3.5 years and gameplay is easily as bad as it's been since 12.0.

iPhone 8+, WiFi, latest updates.

Thank you
    Just wanted to let you know that this still isn't working the way it was 6 weeks ago. Thanks.
  • Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★
    edited May 2019
    Needs to be fixed and acknowledged and I will keep this thread alive as long as it takes
  • ONEABOVEALL90ONEABOVEALL90 Posts: 25
    I also agree.. intercepting used to be so much easier b4... I thought it was just me until I seen this sub thread
  • jnikolas92jnikolas92 Posts: 192 ★★★
    can't express how frustrating this issue is. what adds to the disappointment is how we feel like we're being left in the dark on this as well.
    There was a time when mods would regularly update the community, at least once a fortnight, on what was being done regarding bugs. Seems like that practice has stopped. That is only for the worse of the game and the community.

Hey there everyone, in order for us to look into this further, we'll need some information from everyone who says they're experiencing this. Could those who are please answer the following question about what you saw:

-What Champion were you using? If multiple, which ones specifically?
    -What Champion were you fighting? If multiple, which ones specifically?
    -What game mode were you in? Please include map or difficulty level where needed.
    -What Device were you on?
    -What version of your OS were you using?

Thanks for responding. To be honest, it happens everywhere with just about every champ. Your best chance of being able to accomplish a dash back intercept is when using a longer dash back champ like Darkhawk. I notice it much more consistently failing when using a shorter dash back champ like Dr Voodoo. The issue also seems to be worse when you have the enemy against the wall. just try using DV in Epic difficulty. hit into block and try to dash back intercept. id say at least 60% of the time the enemy will be on top of you before your dashback animations are finished. AI recovery time seems much faster than it was 2 months ago.

iPhone 8+, WiFi, latest updates.

Thanks

Hey there everyone, in order for us to look into this further, we'll need some information from everyone who says they're experiencing this. Could those who are please answer the following question about what you saw:

-What game mode were you in? Please include map or difficulty level where needed.

Thanks for responding.

I encourage everyone to make as comprehensive a list as possible. My personal experience is that this is affecting just about every single champ barring a few exceptions. I will be making a detailed post and continuously updating the match ups as I test them out.

This is a good opportunity for us to finally get the game team to recognise this bug and solve it.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    That costed me so many revives vs uncollectes thanos. I thought I suck but its a bug that you cant backdraft intercept. I thought I was going crazy
    This is the best answer I can come up with
    We used to be able to ML into a blocking opponent, dash back for a window to intercept.

This does not work with any champion, vs any opponent, in every game mode.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

Game mode- everywhere
    Champions- everyone
    Game mode pretty much everywhere, but I could occasionally pull it off in arena
    Device- iPhone 7
    iOS 12.1 most up to date Mcoc version (23.1 I think)
    Issue occurs when dashing back after hitting the block and either dashing in or throwing a light and the ai always hits me back
    edited May 2019
    -What Champion were you using? If multiple, which ones specifically? answered together with -What Champion were you fighting? If multiple, which ones specifically?

Non-exhaustively but what I have found:

- OG Vision against Blade, Morningstar, Corvus, Omega Red, Quake, War Machine, Hulk, Hawkeye, Deadpool X-force, Ultron, OG Vision,
    - Blade against Dormammu, Quake, Corvus, Morningstar, Winter Soldier, Medusa, War Machine, Luke Cage, Magik, Mephisto, Hulk, Juggernaut, Scarlet Witch,
    - Magik against Dormammu, Magik, Corvus, Juggernaut, Magneto

Will continue to add as I test out more interactions. But what most others above are saying is correct. It seems to be virtually exhaustive of every single champ, in every match up, in every game mode. It used to be universally possible to do backdraft in this manner, now it is universally impossible.

- AW - Expert and Challenger map
    - AQ - Map 6 and Map 7
    - Questing - Variant 2, Act 6.1, Monthly uncollected event
    - Arena - 4* and 5* arenas

- Samsung S9+

- Latest/current one: Android version 9, Build number PPR1.180610.011.G965FXXU2CSB9
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    Still broken
  • DJSergyDJSergy Posts: 170 ★★
    Could we please get an official answer on this? Players deserve to know. Has this issue been officially declared an intended change to the AI and game mechanics? Is kabam going to invest time solving this? It has yet to be added to the known bugs, so I’m assuming its being considered as intended, but the community deserve to know the official stance from kabam on this. Please give us an answer so we can move forward and close this once and for all.

@Kabam Miike
    edited June 2019
    sadly, still not consistent.
  • MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 467 ★★★

Blade vs void mini boss aq map 6
    Ipad pro a11x
    Latest ios
    So what steps have been taken with all the data reported in the format as requested thus far? @Kabam Zibiit
This discussion has been closed.