**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

So what did you think of Endgame?

13»

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    John757 said:

DNA3000 said:

John757 said:

DNA3000 said:

John757 said:

DNA3000 said:

John757 said:

Yeah and it could lead to its own What IF animated episode on Disney+

In a manner of speaking, Earth-616 is a What If? version of the MCU and this sort of already happened.
    Also the MCU Earth is Earth 616
    Earth-616 is the designation of the main Marvel universe from the comics. The MCU is canonically an alternate reality. I assume you are referencing the scene from Far From Home, but a) that is a potentially very unreliable narrator, and b) the Living Tribunal doesn't assign unique ID numbers in the sky, so it is entirely possible that the MCU is referred to as "Earth-616" by Beck because that really is what the MCU is designated as on his own Earth (if he really is from another dimension).

But to us humans here on Earth-1218, Earth-616 normally refers to the main Marvel comic continuity.
    What they said
    I don't know if you're unaware of the entire history of the Marvel universe, or you just don't care, but I also don't think it is worth figuring out either.
    I know a lot, you’re the one making assumptions
    "Just don't care" was actually the way I was leaning.
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    Disappointing
    Finally made time in my schedule to see it just now....it was mediocre. They did a lot of dumb things with a number of characters (obviously, IMO).

To be honest, all Marvel movies are pretty mediocre when I take away my huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge love for Marvel bias. I love the characters from the comics. The MCU is trash (again, IMO) and poorly represents many of those characters. Hulk is by far my favorite character of any comic...I just want to see 1 movie (from the MCU) do him justice :disappointed:

That said, I still enjoy the movies because I finally get to see the heroes from my childhood
  • SirOreoBarSirOreoBar Posts: 39
    Best marvel movie

Finally made time in my schedule to see it just now....it was mediocre. They did a lot of dumb things with a number of characters (obviously, IMO).

To be honest, all Marvel movies are pretty mediocre when I take away my huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge love for Marvel bias. I love the characters from the comics. The MCU is trash (again, IMO) and poorly represents many of those characters. Hulk is by far my favorite character of any comic...I just want to see 1 movie (from the MCU) do him justice :disappointed:

That said, I still enjoy the movies because I finally get to see the heroes from my childhood

Intresting probably the first time I have ever heard someone call all the movies of the mcu mediocre.
    Do you not like Gotg, Captain America: WS or Infinity War?
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    Easily best movie ever

Out!!!
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Very nice but somewhat lacking

Lol I love this.

I think the most accurate name for that scene would be pandering.

1) Carol don’t need your help. (Obviously)

2) I mean, what are the chances that not a single boy looks up and says, “hey, I’m gonna help too!l lol

3) They could’ve gotten backlash for killing off a female character when there are somewhat less already had they not shot this scene to distract from that.

tbh what bothered me more was cap giving the shield to falcon instead of his best friend and emotional motive for superhero-ing mostly (civil war). Reason? One’s black, one’s white.

There are canon reason’s to be argued, but to me Bucky makes more sense

I know Sam becomes cap in the comics and whatnot, but idk it just sorta made me sad that Bucky will be in the sidekick spot for the rest of Stan’s 9-picture deal.

Yeah, it was pandering but so was captain America saying avengers assemble when a vast majority of heroes there weren't Avengers nor could they have heard him in that huge crowd. The entire film is filled with fanservice, while it felt forced I don't really understand why people are so averse to the scene. Cap giving the shield to sam makes more sense to me than Bucky. The shield and mantle is a symbol, bucky even though he is his best friend is a recognized terrorist and is facing a whole host of psychological issues due to his slavery to hydra. Sam is a veteran with no adverse history in the public eye and has been by cap's side since WS. As a symbol to America of hope the shield fits with sam far better.
  • SlimeballSlimeball Posts: 340 ★★
    Best marvel movie
    the final battle is literally ripped out of a comic book, truly an event for the ages
    Best marvel movie
    Haji_Saab said:

I think the overall movie was done well.

But I do think that time travel in general is lazy writing. It is a cop out tactic when you write yourself into a corner and can't seem to get out of it. Time travel is stupid and makes zero sense.
    they made it make sense if you listened although i did feel that way going into it, but they didnt really have any other options lol
    Best marvel movie
    DNA3000 said:

John757 said:

Calling it now. Kang is the new big bad

That's one possibility. Here's another one. Endgame creates the multiverse. In one of those timelines a scientist determines that his timeline is only a branching timeline from a main cosmic universe and tries to figure out a way to escape his universe before it collapses. He builds a special craft to survive the collapse and emerges into the main MCU universe, only the journey transforms him into a celestial being like Ego. Only this one is very, very hungry.
    watch the far from home trailer lol
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    Lacking movie

Pushing the Feminism? Do you mean the power scene at the end? That was bad-ass.

The only reason why it happened was the hard left Brie Larson. Who isn’t even a good actress
    Utter nonsense. Larson did not write the movie or make it. Your issue is with Russo brothers.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    edited May 2019
    Easily best movie ever
    Sungj said:

Lol I love this.

2) I mean, what are the chances that not a single boy looks up and says, “hey, I’m gonna help too!l lol

3) They could’ve gotten backlash for killing off a female character when there are somewhat less already had they not shot this scene to distract from that.

tbh what bothered me more was cap giving the shield to falcon instead of his best friend and emotional motive for superhero-ing mostly (civil war). Reason? One’s black, one’s white.

I know Sam becomes cap in the comics and whatnot, but idk it just sorta made me sad that Bucky will be in the sidekick spot for the rest of Stan’s 9-picture deal.

Yeah, it was pandering but so was captain America saying avengers assemble when a vast majority of heroes there weren't Avengers nor could they have heard him in that huge crowd. The entire film is filled with fanservice, while it felt forced I don't really understand why people are so averse to the scene. Cap giving the shield to sam makes more sense to me than Bucky. The shield and mantle is a symbol, bucky even though he is his best friend is a recognized terrorist and is facing a whole host of psychological issues due to his slavery to hydra. Sam is a veteran with no adverse history in the public eye and has been by cap's side since WS. As a symbol to America of hope the shield fits with sam far better.
    But Shuri fixed the mind control issue during bucky’s stay in wakanda, one of the “broken white boys” she had to fix. And caps whole arc is that he is straying from the straight laced Patriot he once was. Bucky makes more sense in almost all respects.

And of course assemble was pandering, I have no problem with the fan service, though I will say that some was meant for different people. The assemble was payoff for day 1 fans, and the girl power scene was for people looking more female representation, and captain marvel’s haircut teased more queer involvement.
  • cx23433cx23433 Posts: 465 ★★
    Disappointing
    trash
  • SirOreoBarSirOreoBar Posts: 39
    Best marvel movie
    cx23433 said:

trash

Why?
  • ZipioZipio Posts: 128
    Best marvel movie
    Dkutctgh said:

Dkutctgh said:

You're taking one Scene that grouped all the strong Women together and making it some kind of Political Statement. Are we really still this Misogynistic in 2019?

Making a movie made to entertain about politics is a problem to me
    I don’t care what people do but once you shove it my face that’s when I don’t like it
    And don’t say they were grouping the strong women. They purposely made peter look weak and helpless so the Strong and Amazing Women could save the Weak and Lame Boy
    I’m not against Women at all
    All I’m saying is That scene could have been done a lot better and more subtle
    Lastly Why are you jumping directly to misogynism
    I just don’t want politics in my movies and you said Misogynist
    Wow Great criticism
    Your view IS misogynistic. Your issue is with having a Scene with strong Women, and you're calling it a Political "in your face" Statement. You even went so far as to say that Black Panther was about him and not her. Your issue is you think Men should dominate. That is misogynistic.
    I guess that’s ur opinion
    Some white knight beta males thirst can’t ever be quenched can they?
    Argument over
    Don’t really care anymore
    You guys really arguing about a minute scene in a 3 hour movie. That's literally 1/180 of the entire thing....
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    edited May 2019
    Easily best movie ever
    The most interesting part is after the movie ends. People are theory crafting all kinds of complicated theory about THE HEIST if you know what I mean. Some even call it a plot hole.
    When in fact the movie has already explained itself very clearly. You just need to pay attention and do some thinking aaaaannnndd some rewatch if necessary
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    Lacking movie
    It was actually very empty for me. Infinity war was good, and final fight there was kind of more epic and seemed to matter, was build up in terms of plot. Endgame has a lot of time, but final fight came kinda from nowhere.
    Girlspower moments made me facepalm a lot, seemed very unnatural.
    Fat Thor was really miserable.
    In terms of power consistency - im, cap and Thor seamed stronger in infinity war. Thor's lightnings alone where almost enough to finish Thanos in iw, but now with Mjolnier and Stormbraker with support from cap and iron man he can't do a thing vs Thanos, who doesn't have any of infinity stones. And ton of other examples like that
    In terms of building a storyline only iron man was somewhat sympathetic to me

Overall it's like 6-7/10
  • KillSwitchKillSwitch Posts: 281 ★★★
    Very nice but somewhat lacking
    Outside of that last hour, it was a very mediocre movie for me. Original Guardians is still atop the MCU mountain for me, closely followed by Infinity War and Cap: Winter Soldier.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    I think it's the best marvel movie but not the best movie out there
    Slimeball said:

Haji_Saab said:

I think the overall movie was done well.

But I do think that time travel in general is lazy writing. It is a cop out tactic when you write yourself into a corner and can't seem to get out of it. Time travel is stupid and makes zero sense.
    they made it make sense if you listened although i did feel that way going into it, but they didnt really have any other options lol
    They did have other options (there are always other options) but I think that Endgame treats time travel both interestingly and relatively respectfully. Keeping in mind that Endgame is intended to be the closing chapter of the Infinity Saga, it offers a way to "revisit" some of the previous movies. And I don't think it is as much of a cop out as it can be in other movies or even the comics themselves, because in Endgame the smarty-pants people assert the theory that you can't actually change the past, nor can you change the future by changing the past. So you cannot just wave a magic time machine and fix things. What happened in the past is fixed. You can visit the past, you can even "borrow" from the past, but you cannot change the past. If you try to change the past you instead create an alternate future.

You could even argue that there is no time travel in Endgame as people normally think of it, because the instant they change anything, they are actually in a different timeline, in effect a different universe. The Ancient One basically says as much. It is only kind of their past until they change something, then it isn't anymore.

Sungj said:

Lol I love this.

But Shuri fixed the mind control issue during bucky’s stay in wakanda, one of the “broken white boys” she had to fix. And caps whole arc is that he is straying from the straight laced Patriot he once was. Bucky makes more sense in almost all respects.
    I think Steve Rogers touches on this at the end, when he tells Sam "that's why its yours." I think Steve believes the shield is a symbol, and the person behind that symbol is not about what they can do, it is about what they can inspire others to do. That's more Sam than Bucky. Bucky is his best friend in the world, but Steve knows he isn't a moral symbol that others will rally around.

I think, too, that Steve is always thinking about the team, and how he can help others. Bucky knows how Steve feels about him. It is clear to me Bucky even knew before Steve went back that he wasn't returning. Giving the shield to Sam is as much about trying to inspire Sam as it is thinking Sam is the best person for the job. He wants to tell Sam that he believes in him with that gesture, and he thinks doing so will inspire Sam to become even greater in time.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,420 Guardian
    2 Questions about heroes in movie. I’ll put questions in Spoiler tag (just in case, although answers can just be Yes or No to each of them). And if you go into more depth with your answer than just a Yes/No to each #1 and #2 then please enclose it in spoiler tag for others to skip as well. Thanks.

#1 - in the final group scene at very end, for some reason I do not recall seeing Gamora amongst all the different groups of people as they pan across them all (and yes, I know), was she in there somewhere and I just missed her (YES), or was she indeed absent (NO).

#2 - Since other posts are discussing adding Valkyrie as a game hero, was Valkyrie actually in the movie too (Yes or No). For some reason I don't recall seeing her in movie, although probably just missed her with so many heroes.

Thanks.
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Easily best movie ever
    Endgame was awesome. Was disappointed hulk wasnt his usual self but nonetheless enjoyed the movie
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited May 2019
    Pretty damn impressive. Overly long by an hour, but I can easily forgive the meandering, as it was clearly meant to be a love letter to all the characters and all the fans who took the journey from the beginning. In that regard, I welcome it. It showed respect to all of the characters, and gave each of them their moments to reflect on the things that shaped them along the way.

Sure, I sorta had my gripes with Prof Green and The Blob initially, but it ultimately served to inject even more humanity into it. That heart triumphs over brute force....that love and courage are paramount. Win or lose.

Ok. Sappy and pretentious perhaps, but I love that super hero movies can make us cry. That says a great deal about the human condition.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    Easily best movie ever
    My personal list of MCU movies is
    1. Ragnarök. Love Thor as a character.
    2. Civil War.
    3. Endgame/IW. Too close to call imo
    4. Iron Man 1. That original suit up and him saying "I am iron man". Fecking glorious