**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

So this is it huh? Bugged quests compensation lol

Comments

• Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 627 ★★★

Hi,

This was compensation related to the issue with the Nameless Thanos fight specifically. Additional compensation related to the difficulty changes in the Save the Battlerealm Quest will be coming before the event ends. Keep an eye on the announcement thread for details.

I beat the uncollected thanos, a day or two before the “fix”.
    I wasted 30-35 revives (plus boosts) only on his last phase.
    I haven’t received any compensation yet.
    Are you still sending them out or you’ve just skipped me for any reason?
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 627 ★★★

Carmel1 said:

Hi,

This was compensation related to the issue with the Nameless Thanos fight specifically. Additional compensation related to the difficulty changes in the Save the Battlerealm Quest will be coming before the event ends. Keep an eye on the announcement thread for details.

Why would you do that? He's here for like 6 weeks, why would you dump so many resources into a fight instead of just practicing it? This stuff is truly baffling to me
    @danielmath of course I didn’t know there is a bug... I though this is how they designed him and like some other champs I just don’t fully understand their ability.
    I figured it not got to be easier and after a good run against the inverted controls phase (which I hate) I decided to push through instead of dealing with it again.
    Some revives were clearly my fault with bad interception or him blocking until sp3 ready, but most revives were due to his invulnerability bug.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★
    Markg25 said:

Carmel1 said:

Hi,

Why would you do that? He's here for like 6 weeks, why would you dump so many resources into a fight instead of just practicing it? This stuff is truly baffling to me
    Maybe it was his preference to do it on day one ?

Day 1 or the final day Kabam should not be putting out bugged bosses ... and if they do they should compensate accordingly ....

This compensation is a insult !
    Why is it an insult? Many people got more compensation then they spent
    Carmel1 said:

Carmel1 said:

Hi,

@danielmath of course I didn’t know there is a bug... I though this is how they designed him and like some other champs I just don’t fully understand their ability.
    I figured it not got to be easier and after a good run against the inverted controls phase (which I hate) I decided to push through instead of dealing with it again.
    Some revives were clearly my fault with bad interception or him blocking until sp3 ready, but most revives were due to his invulnerability bug.
    But why wouldn't you practice it some before dumping 30+ revives? I just don't understand that line of thinking, when you have 6 weeks to practice something that costs 9 energy.
  • trindels23trindels23 Posts: 76
    My guess on the different compensation levels are for which level of the event you did. If you completed epic, you got the better rewards. If you only did master or heroic, you got the lower revives. Just a guess
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

Markg25 said:

Carmel1 said:

Hi,

Day 1 or the final day Kabam should not be putting out bugged bosses ... and if they do they should compensate accordingly ....

To be honest they should have done it per account I personally only used 1 energy refill so will gladly take it but I also know people who would have used a lot more then 3 revives
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Kobster84 said:

Markg25 said:

Carmel1 said:

Hi,

To be honest they should have done it per account I personally only used 1 energy refill so will gladly take it but I also know people who would have used a lot more then 3 revives
    So they create a great deal more extra work doing it manually, and people wait until well after the Event? That's not an option. That would make a bug a much larger ongoing issue.

Carmel1 said:

Hi,

Ok here is my thing:

He was bugged for about a week. If you started practicing on day 1 not knowing he was bugged and kept on practicing, eventually you are going to want to take him down. For the sake of example, let's say you were practicing for 4 days after watching some YouTube vidoes. So then you get him to his third phase with one or two characters and then you think you will do it. So you pop boosts and go for it. Once your in, your in. You use what you have in your stash and realize you can only take about a percent off each time. Sometimes more, sometimes less. You end up going through a ton of revives but you got him down. The next day kabam tells you he is bugged and you should have been doing more damage in the third phase that cost you so much. Your rightfully upset and move on. This compensation comes out and it just makes you laugh.
    Why? if you couldn't even get to his 3rd phase without losing 3-4 champs obviously you're not ready at all for the fight. Even after those 4 days, you still had like 40 days left......
    Kobster84 said:

Markg25 said:

Carmel1 said:

Hi,

Same, but i don't think it's reasonable for them to go into everyone's account to see how many revives and stuff they spent, that's a little silly in terms of time investment for what this issue was

Carmel1 said:

Hi,

Ok here is my thing:

He was bugged for about a week. If you started practicing on day 1 not knowing he was bugged and kept on practicing, eventually you are going to want to take him down. For the sake of example, let's say you were practicing for 4 days after watching some YouTube vidoes. So then you get him to his third phase with one or two characters and then you think you will do it. So you pop boosts and go for it. Once your in, your in. You use what you have in your stash and realize you can only take about a percent off each time. Sometimes more, sometimes less. You end up going through a ton of revives but you got him down. The next day kabam tells you he is bugged and you should have been doing more damage in the third phase that cost you so much. Your rightfully upset and move on. This compensation comes out and it just makes you laugh.
    Why? if you couldn't even get to his 3rd phase without losing 3-4 champs obviously you're not ready at all for the fight. Even after those 4 days, you still had like 40 days left......
    I could get to his third phase the above is a hypothetical. Just because there are a ton of days left, doesnt mean I should have to wait until day 40 to complete content so kabam can clean up bugs they didnt test.
    ya i just can't understand that line of thinking because it's so absurd/illogical to me, but to each their own
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    Some people need to take this as a hard lesson on how they approach difficult content in the future.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

Kobster84 said:

Markg25 said:

Carmel1 said:

Hi,

Same, but i don't think it's reasonable for them to go into everyone's account to see how many revives and stuff they spent, that's a little silly in terms of time investment for what this issue was
    Right. Almost like the best course of action is to send out a generic package to cover as many people as possible then leave it up to individuals to contact support if they feel the package didn’t come close to compensating thier loss. 🧐
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★

Some people need to take this as a hard lesson on how they approach difficult content in the future.

Assume it’s broken! Don’t spend to beat it.
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    RogerRabs said:

Assume it’s broken! Don’t spend to beat it.
    That’s what most of the complaints look like on Day 1 of EQ anyway. At least they were valid this time. :D
  • SknZnSknZn Posts: 442 ★★★

The items sent for this compensation were based upon the highest difficulty of the Nameless Thanos fight that you attempted before the fix was put live April 26. This is why it may look different for others.

I beat him on 26th does this count?
  • TheVyrusTheVyrus Posts: 418 ★★★
    I tend to lean a little more to the side of Kabam when it comes to compensation and gifts, but not this time. The are a few problems with this. First who decided the compensation packages, they are awfully low considering how much the community put in during the time it had not been fixed. Second how are they being distributed makes little sense, I know that myself and alliance members received nothing. This feels terribly unbalanced and seems to violate their own TOS by providing an imbalanced advantage to certain few.
  • IamGROOT420IamGROOT420 Posts: 233
    Did people who sent tickets get this compensation or is this for everyone? Cuz yeah I beat master thanos pre nerf and haven't got this yet
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    This is just embarrassing. Thanks for nothing.
This discussion has been closed.