**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

“Parry”

Took a break from the game, just got a little burnt out. Came back a few weeks ago, and now EVERY champion I run into in the Arena has “Parry”. On paper, not a bad idea, but I cannot even tell you how many games i’ve lost because of this. How am I supposed to get ANYWHERE in a fight when I literally cannot even hit my opponent without getting stunned, hit with a 5 combo or special ability, try to hit them again, rise and repeat. I’ve never had any of my champions have this ability, but I come across it in every series I enter. I don’t understand.

I am slightly triggered as you can tell.
Tired of losing my streaks and bonus because of an ability I can’t do anything against.

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Took a break from the game, just got a little burnt out. Came back a few weeks ago, and now EVERY champion I run into in the Arena has “Parry”. On paper, not a bad idea, but I cannot even tell you how many games i’ve lost because of this. How am I supposed to get ANYWHERE in a fight when I literally cannot even hit my opponent without getting stunned, hit with a 5 combo or special ability, try to hit them again, rise and repeat. I’ve never had any of my champions have this ability, but I come across it in every series I enter. I don’t understand.

I am slightly triggered as you can tell.
    Tired of losing my streaks and bonus because of an ability I can’t do anything against.

very few champs have parry outside of "pvp", in quotes because it is really player v AI with players champs and masteries. Seeing how you mention streaks I assume you are talking about arena. Arena champs have generally always had parry, which is easy to get around, you parry and attack them, or you intercept them. You have generally never been able to just run in to an open target an attack another players character.

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    This isn't something Kabam did. The champs you fight in the arena have always been champs from the teams of actual summoners. You can see who you are fighting and look them up in the game. The masteries they have are whatever masteries that person has and almost everyone has parry. It's not hard to avoid being parried though with a little practice.
  • NitoNito Posts: 70
    You stated your problem in your post, you’re going in for a hit immediately after the opponent finishes a 5 hit combo or a special on you. The AI is programmed to block right after finishing a combo, pretty much all the time. I’ve been playing for 4 years and still get caught by that once in a while in arena if I try to rush and just trade hits.

After you’ve been hit with a combo or special, never rush in immediately. Back dash, and wait for them to attack you, then time your party when they come at you. And yeah, like was said, assume all arena fights will have parry, because almost all players have parry mastery. Hope that helps!
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    Hamin said:

I can count on my hands the number of times I've been parried in the 3 years of play.

I think you're doing it wrong.

I wish I could say that.

Not something that happens too often except against occasional autoblock champions. My definite weakness in this area is that I get parried periodically when I'm fighting 'shrug-off' champions - I parry them; go for my own medium hit, but get parried as they recover and insta-block me.

I'm sure the lesson will sink in soon...
  • Thekiller8967Thekiller8967 Posts: 322 ★★
    edited May 2019

I’ve never had any of my champions have this ability

You need to unlock parry and dexterity mysteries asap. Learn how to parry their hits and you will be able to control the fight much better.

Other than that check out this YouTube channel called dork lessons. It is run very proffesionally by a man named dave. Watch all of the instinctive touch videos. You will be surprised how much your skills improve by even just picking up one or two of the skills he teaches in those videos. Keep working at it till you master all of them.