**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Baiting specials made harder?

Mutant_0280Mutant_0280 Posts: 31
edited May 2019 in General Discussion
Without a doubt is it now feels harder than ever to draw out specials from the AI. Before in recent updates, a few well timed dexes would have been enough. Now, you've basically got to dance with the AI like 7-8 times before there's even a chance it will throw it, significantly increasing the chances of you making a mistake that you will absolutely be punished for by the game and could result in your champ's death. I don't think that very fair at all, especially against power gain champs like Hyperion and Mordo in AQ and AW and is forcing people to use unnecessary amounts of items to clear content.

Comments

• Options
    EarthEliteEarthElite Posts: 879 ★★★
    Very true, I was just talking about this recently. But mordo AI has always been like this
  • Options
    Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    No, it’s still just as simple. 😃. Rest easy my friend!
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    Use your block breaker or a slide attack when they are about to hit special 1. It is almost like it pisses the ai off and they let go with the special. I seem to have good luck with this technique unless i let them get too far past the 2nd then they seem to hold either to their 3rd or just before it. Best to keep them triggering on the first. I block, stun, slide...or block followed by a block breaker.
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    I am finding that this technique is pretty reliable. Use punch- slide, or block-stun-punch- slide a couple of times in a row. But do it just as or as soon as they hit their first. The more power you pound up for them before doing those moves the harder it is to get them to use their powerup.