**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Ebony Maw bug?

SirmacoolSirmacool Posts: 389 ★★
Months EQ master level. First ten strikes no problem. Then I got locked into what I’m guessing was ability reduction. Over 100 strikes. All missed. Combos and sp 1&2. All missed.
I had an r4 5* Electra. First run took him out in 12 hits. Last. Had to end the fight.
Is this something normal with that node or just a bug?

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    Elektra has guaranteed crits. They will miss against Ebony Maw, and you basically wont do damage unless you use a sp3 or bleed him
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    Yep, like he said. Once you're in Final Strike range, Maw's ability means that all your guaranteed hits (which is all of them) will miss.

If he were bleeding at the time, Electra's ability accuracy reduction will help (I'm guessing this was the case on your first run through); but if he isn't, then she's in trouble.

Maw doesn't just counter Corvus and Ghost, I'm afraid. There's a few older champions with guaranteed crits like Electra and Ultron who have similar problems.
  • SirmacoolSirmacool Posts: 389 ★★
    Ok. Thanks. Makes sense. Easily beatable with other champs. I knew there was a reduction. Just didn’t think it was permanent
  • simolazsimolaz Posts: 418 ★★
    Sixshot1 said:

Terrible execution of an idea. There should never be an instance where the player has to let themselves be killed or quit and choose someone else to proceed. I expect better from the character design crew.

I don't like the idea of maw being nearly impossible to kill for certain champs. For Corvus I was less concerned. If you're taking a Cosmic champ into a mystic, you know you're in for a bad time.

But imagine they bring back the buff to females for war, you bring in that 6* Elektra that gets almost no other use... And suddenly you're in a truly unwinnable matchup, unless your sp3 can kill him.

I don't like Maw. And I didn't like Sinister either. This approach to nerfing the strongest champs has been way more heavy handed. I don't have Corvus or Ghost, so this doesn't affect me very much at all. But I still don't like it.
    At least Ebony’s ability doesn’t work if you have class advantage. Even if it’s still something that I personally don’t like.
    But, speaking of Sinister, the most unfair thing is that the most unplayable characters are (aside Corvus) Ghost and Spiderman Stark, and both of them should have class advantage.
    The same thing applies to Magneto, but at least there is a logic behind him. Sinister is a complete nonsense.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

Yep, like he said. Once you're in Final Strike range, Maw's ability means that all your guaranteed hits (which is all of them) will miss.

If he were bleeding at the time, Electra's ability accuracy reduction will help (I'm guessing this was the case on your first run through); but if he isn't, then she's in trouble.

Maw doesn't just counter Corvus and Ghost, I'm afraid. There's a few older champions with guaranteed crits like Electra and Ultron who have similar problems.

Ultron has been fixed so that the 5th hit resets after the Miss.
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,065 ★★★

Was this proposed by Kabam somewhere? or did it just funktion all of a sudden?
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★

Good to know, thanks.

So (OP) it's possible to win with Ultron now; but still, probably a match-up to avoid...
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,256 ★★★★★
    Sixshot1 said:

Terrible execution of an idea. There should never be an instance where the player has to let themselves be killed or quit and choose someone else to proceed. I expect better from the character design crew.

I don't like the idea of maw being nearly impossible to kill for certain champs. For Corvus I was less concerned. If you're taking a Cosmic champ into a mystic, you know you're in for a bad time.

But imagine they bring back the buff to females for war, you bring in that 6* Elektra that gets almost no other use... And suddenly you're in a truly unwinnable matchup, unless your sp3 can kill him.

I don't like Maw. And I didn't like Sinister either. This approach to nerfing the strongest champs has been way more heavy handed. I don't have Corvus or Ghost, so this doesn't affect me very much at all. But I still don't like it.
    Unless under a class disadvantage, consecutive guaranteed crits will miss Ebony Maw until the opponent's combo counter is reset or they are Knocked Down.

Boom. Solved.
    Disadvantage to Corvus and Ghost? Check.
    Can they still win? Check.
    Can every other champ with guaranteed crits now or in the future still win? Check.

• Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 465 ★★★

Sixshot1 said:

Unless under a class disadvantage, consecutive guaranteed crits will miss Ebony Maw until the opponent's combo counter is reset or they are Knocked Down.

Boom. Solved.
    Can every other champ with guaranteed crits now or in the future still win? Check.

All corvus can do is light hit(which doesn't crit), then try to hit again which will miss and them get combod or light hit run away, wait light hit again and hope game doesn't interpret it as 2nd hit in combo which will hit and miss.

Unless your fighting Maw's 2* you will not win that fight. So you might want to remove that check next to winnable. Cause those of us with common sense know better
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,065 ★★★
    Only When they pulled a hell of Credits out of aw Players

Or

They See that more and more Players refuse to play to the End instead of opening their pockets.

Or

After the eq is over this month they "fix" a Bug with maw aka some typo / ability discrepancy will be solved.

But Thats a guess. Based on some Observation from incedents of the last 4 years.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,256 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    Dtl7714 said:

Sixshot1 said:

Boom. Solved.

All corvus can do is light hit(which doesn't crit), then try to hit again which will miss and them get combod or light hit run away, wait light hit again and hope game doesn't interpret it as 2nd hit in combo which will hit and miss.

Unless your fighting Maw's 2* you will not win that fight. So you might want to remove that check next to winnable. Cause those of us with common sense know better
    Corvus will start with guaranteed crits.

Hit 1 Medium Crit - Hits
    Hit 2 Medium Crit - Misses

OR

Hit 1 Light Not Crit - Hits
    Hit 2 Light Crit - Hits
    Hit 3 Light OR Medium OR Special other than L3 would be Crit - Misses

OR

Hit 1 Medium Crit - Hits
    Hit 2 Light Not Crit - Hits
    Hit 3 Light OR Medium OR 1st hit of Special other than L3 Crit - Hits
    Hit 4 Light OR Medium OR next hits of Special Crit - Misses

See what I mean?

Corvus is at a disadvantage, but not much more of one than fighting an Ultron or any of the Spideys and this method has the bonus of not breaking other champs. You'll only get stuck missing until you get hit out of your combo or knocked down (to cover current and future Combo shields) which is very likely to happen right after you miss.

EDIT: I did try the light hit only method and that's not realistic for those that are saying you can do it.
    For that matter, I also tried getting hit and attacking in the no crit window and also letting him beat me until my charges were gone. Neither one is a real option.