**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kabam guys, can we just discuss why EQ rewards aren't being updated with the difficulty?

SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
I agree the game has expanded and difficulty increases with increase in availability but still the rewards are totally irrelevant now.
I mean with the nick fury side event, love is a battle realm and that stuff, why would anyone care to do the event quest?

Comments

• SlimeballSlimeball Posts: 340 ★★
    artificial difficulty
  • SknZnSknZn Posts: 442 ★★★
    What about mini bosses? Human torch, medusa?
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 792 ★★★★
    edited May 2019
    Just becasue we had a quite tricky Thanos? The last chapter of master diff has like what, 30k health? Master doesn't even have nodes like uncollected... The only hard part of the EQs are the new bosses with unknown abilities, mechanics etc... Which you can learn in the first few days of the month. For the level of master difficulty I feel the rewards are good enough to start that sudden whining...

I can already see the posts from next year: "can you guys buff act 4 completion rewards? We, progressing players need more T6B to take on the collector..."
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    I Am always In favor of increasing rewards or anything that benefits the player base. I have been playing for close to 4 years now and kabam has never change eq monthly rewards(occasionally they were adjusted for shorter events) it’s highly unlikely they ever will considering the trend it’s far more likely they add a new difficult but I think that’s premature at this point.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    IKON said:

xNig said:

And remove beginner. There’s hardly a point for that difficulty.

Don't you dare take away my free units.
    Hahaha. Yeah that’s what I do too. Free is free. 😂
  • GivMeABeerGivMeABeer Posts: 200 ★★
    In my opinion I think the reason you see so many of these posts are that this month entirely relies on people being able to intercept and consistently do it. This issue with this is that most people do not know how to do them or do not understand exactly how they are landing them when they do. The only way to get better is to practice, however it's sometimes hard for player to know if something is an intercept or not which is why they struggle with improving there skills. The Thanos fight clearly gives you an indication that you have performed one since it will transfer the armor breaks but in order to practice there you need to get thru phase 1/2 and then you only have a few chance to get practice before you most likely KO. At that point you don;t want to spend revives since it is practice so you need to start over again. It is frustrating for sure and would make one feel like the reward don't justify the difficulty.

However this month is 6 weeks long and that section only cost 9 energy so in reality you have time to get the practice in but it will take longer than the typical month. I just got thru this Thanos a few hours ago and used 2X team revives to get it done. Not happy about using that much but it's done and I can move on with other game modes now.
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    I Think the rewards are pretty adequate for the challenge they offer.
    The side events are used to basically increase the rewards we get each month without inflating the difficulty of the normal EQ events so people generally can't complete it. There is some challenges like the The champions Clash or the Maze which not everyone can complete, but those people can still do the epic EQ difficulty. Now if they increased the difficulty of EQ to match new rewards, this would potentially mean people losing out on rewards they previously could get each month because their skill now doesn't match the difficulty at the new EQ.

I do think though they should in special instances like this months Nameless Thanos boss, offer more rewards for the completion of it seeing as this is a very high skill based content that is a lot harder then other content out there which can't be completed by just throwing units/resources at it.
    They could of simply made it an objective in the special tab and rewarded like 50,000 shards (master) and 100,000 shards(UC) or something like that.

However when talking about the beginner to heroic rewards, these definitely feel outdated and need an adjustment i feel. Having played around with a new account this month i can say that beginner mode becomes irrelevant after 1 day of playing the game. Perhaps its time to retire this difficulty and rename the others so that normal becomes Beginner etc etc.

• SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    Why in the world are people telling others how to fight thanos?!
    We're talking about general EQs here..
    I was unable to complete UC difficulty and accepted it. But looking at the rewards I just couldn't find the motivation to do Master..like it's absolutely trash for the TIME it takes
    I know I said difficulty in the title, I said so because the difficulty HAS increased in the past few months while the rewards haven't.
    And with people starting to whale out on cavalier crystals, the FTP players will NEVER be able to catch up!
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Thread title answers the OP's question, Uncollected Event Quest Difficulty isn't being updated
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

I was unable to complete UC difficulty and accepted it. But looking at the rewards I just couldn't find the motivation to do Master..like it's absolutely trash for the TIME it takes
    I know I said difficulty in the title, I said so because the difficulty HAS increased in the past few months while the rewards haven't.
    And with people starting to whale out on cavalier crystals, the FTP players will NEVER be able to catch up!

time it takes? 9 energy and about a 5m fight is not that much time. And the difficulty has not increased. That is a matter of perception.
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    edited May 2019
    Monthly Event Quest Rewards do need to increase as the game has increased difficulty and as the game continues to grow and change.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    OP is talking about Master, and Master isn't harder. As I said, Thanos is one month that is hard, as was Infinity War. This was to be expected. Other than that, there's only a few I would consider over-the-top. (Darkhawk for example. Nightmare.)
    For the most part, we're getting the same Rewards because we're doing the same thing.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019

For me, Masters is auto play for free rewards. At least the first 2 quests.

If Masters takes a lot of time for you to do, then the rewards are suitable for your current state of progression.

Imo, Kabam needs to gate the rewards more behind story progression to prevent such issues, eg gating Map 6 behind A4 Exploration, and Map 8 behind A5 Exploration.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

Not sure why there's been a surge of Posts on this, but this isn't accurate. For the most part, the difficulty hasn't increased that much. Somewhat, yes. However, Rosters have grown and Champs with newer Abilities have been added. The Thanos Fight is a special occurrence, and it's meant to be a challenge. Aside from a month or two where the Bosses haven't been properly gauged, it's not that much harder.
    The Rewards from Side Quests are part of the EQ. Not a replacement for it. It's a way to add extra Rewards without increasing the difficulty of the EQ more. The Rewards are not irrelevant because of the Side Quests. If you increase the Rewards too much in the EQ, you have to add more work to earn them, and that's the opposite of what people want.

On paper, the difficulty of EQ hasn't changed much - similar PI/hp/attack. The combination of nodes adds more difficulty on individual paths, more obnoxious defenders have been added to the game, and bosses have more unblockable and unstoppable stuff over the last 6 months that require a higher level of skill or specific ranked up champs. We didn't have IMIW, Korg, or Domino on maps when I started running uncollected.

Unrelated to your post (but relevant to the thread) - I think the Kabam people have made it pretty clear that Cavalier is a meaningful title to them. I'd be shocked if the next difficulty for EQ was anything other than Cavalier, with t5b and 6-star shards available to further widen the gap between those players and others.

Kabam has been reasonable in terms of map sizes ever since the Guillotine quest. It would be really great if Kabam would do something to scale back energy costs, though. If Act 4 can drop to 2 per tile, maybe normal and heroic should be 1-2-2 energy for the three chapters.
    edited May 2019
    TyEdge said:

Not sure why there's been a surge of Posts on this, but this isn't accurate. For the most part, the difficulty hasn't increased that much. Somewhat, yes. However, Rosters have grown and Champs with newer Abilities have been added. The Thanos Fight is a special occurrence, and it's meant to be a challenge. Aside from a month or two where the Bosses haven't been properly gauged, it's not that much harder.
    The Rewards from Side Quests are part of the EQ. Not a replacement for it. It's a way to add extra Rewards without increasing the difficulty of the EQ more. The Rewards are not irrelevant because of the Side Quests. If you increase the Rewards too much in the EQ, you have to add more work to earn them, and that's the opposite of what people want.

On paper, the difficulty of EQ hasn't changed much - similar PI/hp/attack. The combination of nodes adds more difficulty on individual paths, more obnoxious defenders have been added to the game, and bosses have more unblockable and unstoppable stuff over the last 6 months that require a higher level of skill or specific ranked up champs. We didn't have IMIW, Korg, or Domino on maps when I started running uncollected.

Unrelated to your post (but relevant to the thread) - I think the Kabam people have made it pretty clear that Cavalier is a meaningful title to them. I'd be shocked if the next difficulty for EQ was anything other than Cavalier, with t5b and 6-star shards available to further widen the gap between those players and others.

Kabam has been reasonable in terms of map sizes ever since the Guillotine quest. It would be really great if Kabam would do something to scale back energy costs, though. If Act 4 can drop to 2 per tile, maybe normal and heroic should be 1-2-2 energy for the three chapters.
    Act 4 was exceptionally taxing on Energy, and at the time it was introduced, there wasn't much more of a challenge. Part of the requirement to earn the Rewards is the Energy spent, and it's appropriate for people to have to spend it at at that level (Normal, Heroic). It's only a real pain for those of us that are above it running it on Auto, and that's elective. Otherwise, it's a requirement for people at that level of progress.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    ...except it's not, because the value of resources changes over time. The biggest payoff with Act 4 was the t2 alphas, (and the 4-star generic gem). The 4-star gem is utterly insignificant when Kabam has made 5-star shards so much more available. The t2 alphas aren't nearly as significant when they can be purchased through glory, earned through AQ, and found in monthly sidequests. Kabam looked at the rewards in the context of the meta and made a decision to adjust. The same thing is required for normal and heroic. Heck, it's not even unprecedented within the realm of event quest...master used to cost 2 energy per tile for chapter 1.
    TyEdge said:

...except it's not, because the value of resources changes over time. The biggest payoff with Act 4 was the t2 alphas, (and the 4-star generic gem). The 4-star gem is utterly insignificant when Kabam has made 5-star shards so much more available. The t2 alphas aren't nearly as significant when they can be purchased through glory, earned through AQ, and found in monthly sidequests. Kabam looked at the rewards in the context of the meta and made a decision to adjust. The same thing is required for normal and heroic. Heck, it's not even unprecedented within the realm of event quest...master used to cost 2 energy per tile for chapter 1.

That entirely depends on where you're at. It's important to remember, before Act 5, Act 4 was all we had. People may have progressed later on before they did Exploration, but at that level, it was appropriate.
    The value of Resources are pretty much still what they are. The value to us personally depends entirely on where we are at in the game.