**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

June Champions

Comments

• Ctleath_013Ctleath_013 Posts: 416 ★★
    I think Magneto and DPXF have a really good chance of getting reworked in June. They are both mutants and they aren’t on the community choice list, maybe because they are already about to be reworked? Just a theory.
  • Secret_GamerSecret_Gamer Posts: 348 ★★
    @Austin555555 That was July not June.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,791 ★★★★★
    I'll bet dollars to doughnuts it's not X-Men related because we didn't get jack for X-Men Apocalypse or Logan. I'd stake money on the next X-event being in September after the 3rd F4 event. Probably Sunspot, Armor or maybe Mimic.

I heard a rumour of Atlanteans for June. If it's Namor I might just pass out.
  • JCBRJCBR Posts: 43
    Kabam is owned by Netmarble and Netmarble is a direct partner of Marvel under Disney. That means that any characters that are somewhat related to a film being released in the same month will not be derived from that movie. Remember Fox's Deadpool 2, Kabam released a comic version of Domino and a Deadpool inspired Masacre. Then we have Sony's Venom and then Kabam released symbiote supreme and venom the duck, still related to symbiote but not from the movie. Also we have Fox's Logan, in MCOC we got Archangel, Psylocke and Iceman.

No, that's not accurate.

What is?

• Secret_GamerSecret_Gamer Posts: 348 ★★
    JCBR said:

Kabam is owned by Netmarble and Netmarble is a direct partner of Marvel under Disney. That means that any characters that are somewhat related to a film being released in the same month will not be derived from that movie. Remember Fox's Deadpool 2, Kabam released a comic version of Domino and a Deadpool inspired Masacre. Then we have Sony's Venom and then Kabam released symbiote supreme and venom the duck, still related to symbiote but not from the movie. Also we have Fox's Logan, in MCOC we got Archangel, Psylocke and Iceman.

Masacre is also from the comics.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,235 ★★★★★
    JCBR said:

No, that's not accurate.

What is?

The Studio is owned by Netmarble, but Kabam still functions as an entity in control of the game in and of themselves. Prior to the acquisition, and as it stands now, they still have Licensing with Marvel. That hasn't changed. They draw on Films for inspiration, but also Comics, and the actual game itself. They're not limited to being unable to release Champs that are in the Films.

JCBR said:

No, that's not accurate.

What is?

The Studio is owned by Netmarble, but Kabam still functions as an entity in control of the game in and of themselves. Prior to the acquisition, and as it stands now, they still have Licensing with Marvel. That hasn't changed. They draw on Films for inspiration, but also Comics, and the actual game itself. They're not limited to being unable to release Champs that are in the Films.
    What I meant is that if the movie isn't part of MCU, Kabam won't release a character whose design is based off that movie. Never has there been any movie-based character looks that were from non-MCU films.

JCBR said:

Masacre is also from the comics.
    I'm not sure what your point is.
    JCBR said:

JCBR said:

No, that's not accurate.

What is?

What I meant is that if the movie isn't part of MCU, Kabam won't release a character whose design is based off that movie. Never has there been any movie-based character looks that were from non-MCU films.
    They've released Champs from the X-Men Franchise before. Technically, Dark Phoenix is the last Film under Fox, so it will be interesting to see where it goes after this.

JCBR said:

JCBR said:

No, that's not accurate.

What is?

They've released Champs from the X-Men Franchise before. Technically, Dark Phoenix is the last Film under Fox, so it will be interesting to see where it goes after this.
    Like, which champs? and you mean like from Fox's X-Men Franchise?
    JCBR said:

JCBR said:

JCBR said:

No, that's not accurate.

What is?

Domino, for example.
    Let me be clear if I'm not. Next month's new champs will be related to X-Men/X-Force/Mutants however the design won't be drawn from the Dark Phoenix movie. Let's look at this game's history.

Nightcrawler, Domino, Beast, Archangel, Psylocke - these are just some of the characters that were released the same month an X-men movie was released but none of those were designed similarly from the movie

Falcon, Heimdall, Ant-man, Crossbones - these were from MCU films and were designed exactly how the look like in the movie

Basically, if it's a character not from the MCU, that character will look like how it is in the comcis

JCBR said:

JCBR said:

JCBR said:

No, that's not accurate.

What is?

Domino, for example.
    Yes Domino did appear in the Deadpool 2 film but look at the design, it's the comic Domino, not the one portrayed by zazie beetz
    That's entirely up to what they want to draw inspiration from.
  • A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 540 ★★★
    Honestly I was hoping for another couple of endgame characters... They had 2 months for infinity war with proxima and corvus then iron-man infinity war and cap infinity war! So was hoping for a couple more from endgame first! Maybe a new Thor, Scarlett witch, Rescue (pepper) or even an endgame cap (I know we have 3 already but if you've seen endgame you'll know exactly why)

Alpha Scorpion
  • SirOreoBarSirOreoBar Posts: 39
    I’m suprised they haven’t released these yet, but I feel like Acopalypse, Dark Phoenix and Professor X should be added once the movie comes out.
  • DemonicStalkerDemonicStalker Posts: 303 ★★
    Gladly take Pyro and Toad for June 2019 with hopes of Magneto (and Deadpool X-Force) being buffed silently similar to Gamora..
  • 5tarscream5tarscream Posts: 94
    The Chair
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    Now it appears there will be another F4 Character and an Atlantean character. I feel it will be Sue Storm...I think this only due to the fact that Reed Richards is the leader of the F4 and should naturally come last. Hopefully with Reed we will also get Dr. Doom.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,391 ★★★★★
    FF4 event is 1.5 year. Meaning August is the next release not next month it would defeat the concept of a 1.5 year event that started in January.

Final FF4 will be December.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

It's not. It's up to incredibly expensive lawyers who negotiate deals regarding intellectual property. Can you point to any characters from non-MCU movies who match their movie design a la Infinity War Cap? I can't come up with an example.
    TyEdge said:

It's not. It's up to incredibly expensive lawyers who negotiate deals regarding intellectual property. Can you point to any characters from non-MCU movies who match their movie design a la Infinity War Cap? I can't come up with an example.
    I highly doubt Lawyers are involved. They have Licensing under Marvel. It's a partnership. They have guidelines and obligations, but they can also draw on other sources besides the MCU. Unless specifically-stated that they must create it in the likeness of the Film Character, which I doubt happens often, they pretty much draw on whatever they choose. That can either be the Film Design, or the Comics.
    Considering the game was featured in Ragnarok, I'd say they have a pretty good relationship with them.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,791 ★★★★★

Considering the game was featured in Ragnarok, I'd say they have a pretty good relationship with them.

really? I remember the phrase "Contest of Champions" being used; a phrase that in Marvel comics dates back to 1982. But I don't remember noticing Thor or Hulk sitting down with a phone or tablet and playing the MCoC app game. When did that happen?
This discussion has been closed.