**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kabam guys, can we just discuss why EQ rewards aren't being updated with the difficulty?

Comments

• SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    And also, I asked for the "Kabam guys" but no mod has responded yet. I'm sure they're reading this. Just discuss and clear this out for us.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Well, it is a Forum. If you post a Thread, people will discuss it. Lol.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,866 ★★★★★

I think people are having trouble understanding me.
    What I'm saying is, I generally just do UC completion for the month and then only side quests.
    This time, I couldn't beat Thanos and thus accepted defeat.
    But the thing is, Master rewards don't motivate me to complete and explore the difficulty. It would yield very little rewards for the time it takes.
    So basically, THE REWARDS ARENT WORTH THE TIME SPENT.
    I don't know why but there's always one idiot in every thread who jumps in with his "you should do the difficulty corresponding to your progression level"
    Ugh.

This EQ is only half over. Why not keep trting to beat the Thanos boss? Its only 9 energy to test teams out.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

What I'm saying is, I generally just do UC completion for the month and then only side quests.
    But the thing is, Master rewards don't motivate me to complete and explore the difficulty. It would yield very little rewards for the time it takes.
    I don't know why but there's always one idiot in every thread who jumps in with his "you should do the difficulty corresponding to your progression level"
    Ugh.

the reward are not worth the time spent solely because you had issue with thanos. Also you should probably quite violating the rules (calling people idiots, calling/implying people shills). The rewards are fine. You are upset that you were unable to get rewards on UC and dont like the rewards at the lower level.
    If you're open to suggestions, I can offer some for Thanos. Up to you.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

Ugh.

At the stage you’re currently in (with 1 R4 on your profile), Masters suit you just fine. Stop crying. If you find that rewards aren’t worth the time spent, then don’t do it.
  • vertiGovertiGo Posts: 82
    Can't find the quote button or reply button on this forum.
    But, GW, in your first post you say that rosters are expanding and people have new champions to deal with this content.

This may be true of people who've been UC for a while, it's definitely not true of those who've not been UC for quite so long, so rely on their smaller roster to drag them through content with heavy reliance on revives in the latter stages of UC each month for the completion rewards. Months like this month where there's one boss that means completion rewards aren't accessible without either a shed load of spending or being an exceptional player with the roster you have aren't fair to this player portion. Given the majority of rewards come from the completion and exploration of the quest, that's a fairly large drop in resources for a month and a half of content.

Players who've been UC for a while have also been improving as players during this time, so might not notice the expanding gap beneath them as the ladder slowly slips away is what I'm getting at basically.
    vertiGo said:

Can't find the quote button or reply button on this forum.
    But, GW, in your first post you say that rosters are expanding and people have new champions to deal with this content.

This may be true of people who've been UC for a while, it's definitely not true of those who've not been UC for quite so long, so rely on their smaller roster to drag them through content with heavy reliance on revives in the latter stages of UC each month for the completion rewards. Months like this month where there's one boss that means completion rewards aren't accessible without either a shed load of spending or being an exceptional player with the roster you have aren't fair to this player portion. Given the majority of rewards come from the completion and exploration of the quest, that's a fairly large drop in resources for a month and a half of content.

Players who've been UC for a while have also been improving as players during this time, so might not notice the expanding gap beneath them as the ladder slowly slips away is what I'm getting at basically.

That's the same as any new progress level. People who are new to UC are going to have a harder time at first because they're new. Then, as time goes on, they progress more and it gets easier. It's supposed to be that way. That's where experience and consistent effort yields growth. I would be more concerned if they were doing just as well as people who have been doing it longer.
  • LongtimegamerLongtimegamer Posts: 179 ★★★
    The rewards in EQ haven't changed in almost 2 years, so they're outdated. True, rosters have grown to deal with new defenders and nodes better, but the nodes we're seeing in EQ are miles ahead of the stuff we saw when we first became uncollected.

Not fair to have us play 2019 nodes and defenders while handing out 2017 rewards.
  • Samspade23Samspade23 Posts: 549 ★★
    I think that the thanos fight was stupid hard even on master. I tried and gave up on uncollected, wasnt worth it to me for the rewards this month. I felt as though the difficulty was actually going down since the darkhawk fiasco awhile back. The rewards aren't terrible but when you throw in something like nameless thanos, I cant help but feel we should get something more for our efforts.
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 793 ★★★★

The rewards in EQ haven't changed in almost 2 years, so they're outdated. True, rosters have grown to deal with new defenders and nodes better, but the nodes we're seeing in EQ are miles ahead of the stuff we saw when we first became uncollected.

Not fair to have us play 2019 nodes and defenders while handing out 2017 rewards.

I don't see how 6* shards and T5B frags are 2017 rewards. And below that comes 5*shards, T4C/B. For Act4 level of content what do people want?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian

Ugh.

I still do masters. I have over one million rating, 3 5/65 champs (and four T5B to use), nine 6* champs, and 75 5* champs overall. Of the rewards in Master difficulty, the ones I use are at least the T1 alphas (3), the T4B (1 full + 28000 fragments), T2A fragments (3600), 5* sig stones (5), and 5* shards (1500) and 4* shards (2000). And even the fully formed PHCs and the 3* crystal are useful if you know how to use them (I save them up and pop them during combat events for the free boost). Also, I'm overflowing in T4CC resources so I'm not counting them at all, but not everyone is.

Someone that decides Master difficulty is beneath them is losing at least 36 T1a, 21 T4B, 1 T2A, 60 5* sig stones, 12 4* champs and almost two 5* champs every year. Anyone willing to forgo that much rewards because its "not worth their time" shouldn't be complaining about the availability of any rewards except maybe T5B and T5CC.
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 793 ★★★★
    AndiYTDE said:

benshb said:

I don't see how 6* shards and T5B frags are 2017 rewards. And below that comes 5*shards, T4C/B. For Act4 level of content what do people want?
    Those rewards are literally 2017 rewards as that was the time they were introduced...
    Then what are 2018 and 2019 rewards?😄
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    edited May 2019
    WE NEED A NEW ( CAVALIER ) DIFFICULTY IN EVENTS QUESTES
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian

Uncollected difficulty was introduced in December 2017. I don't think I would call one year and five months "almost two years."

But more importantly, the difficulty is, as it is in most games, calibrated to what the players themselves are actually capable of. Recent Uncollected difficulty events are probably being completed by a similar percentage of players as the original Uncollected difficulty was when it was first introduced. That's how game developers adjust difficulty. To the extent that Uncollected difficulty might be harder on paper than it was originally, the players themselves are just as much stronger than they were when Uncollected difficulty was first introduced. In the same way that LoL is basically identical to what it was when it was introduced, but it is relatively easier now because the players are stronger, Uncollected might be drifting upward over time (intentionally so) but the players are almost certainly drifting upward just as fast, or even faster. The rewards relative to the perceived difficulty - averaged across all players attempting Uncollected difficulty - are probably slightly rising, not dropping, because that would be in keeping with the standard of slow reward inflation.
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

Ugh.

I still do masters. I have over one million rating, 3 5/65 champs (and four T5B to use), nine 6* champs, and 75 5* champs overall. Of the rewards in Master difficulty, the ones I use are at least the T1 alphas (3), the T4B (1 full + 28000 fragments), T2A fragments (3600), 5* sig stones (5), and 5* shards (1500) and 4* shards (2000). And even the fully formed PHCs and the 3* crystal are useful if you know how to use them (I save them up and pop them during combat events for the free boost). Also, I'm overflowing in T4CC resources so I'm not counting them at all, but not everyone is.

Someone that decides Master difficulty is beneath them is losing at least 36 T1a, 21 T4B, 1 T2A, 60 5* sig stones, 12 4* champs and almost two 5* champs every year. Anyone willing to forgo that much rewards because its "not worth their time" shouldn't be complaining about the availability of any rewards except maybe T5B and T5CC.
    I do all five difficulties. They are easy rewards that add up over time. And it’s good to use your energy and not let it sit capped.
  • MyselfandiMyselfandi Posts: 165
    The rewards for this month are just rubbish. Doesnt look like I'll be completing UC EQ unless I spend. And that ain't happening. So no 5* this month.

The rewards for this month are just rubbish. Doesnt look like I'll be completing UC EQ unless I spend. And that ain't happening. So no 5* this month.

Were they rubbish last month? How about the month before?
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    AndiYTDE said:

This crystal features over 100 different champions, and some of the best pulls need to be awakened in order to be useful (Omega Red, Archangel, Void...)

I would have to disagree with this, all the champions mentioned are still good unduped. They are however Better with the dupe and add extra damage or utility when duped, but by no means would i call them useless without it.

Now thinking about what i posted earlier, i actually changed my mind in regards to Master and Epic. I wrote that post from my own account perspective which is end game level (Cavalier) . The difficulty of UC has increased since its introduction but its been inline with peoples progression. So myself became uncollected maybe 1 month after the new difficulty was introduced. Initially when i became uncollected the new difficulty challenge was tough, i usually used resources etc to get it done. I think the first two months i may have even just went for initial completion. After that I was able to do 100% completion ( with resources). Eventually i got to the point where 100% was done with no resources used. However at the same time the challenge has increased, but I have grown my roster to meet the challenge which would be the same with all players who became uncollected at the same time of the new difficulty. The first few EQ at epic didn't have nodes to deal with and was no different to other difficulties apart from higher PI champions. These got introduced later as people started to complete Epic with little difficulty so the developers had to find ways to challenge the end game players.

Now if you take a fresh Uncollected player in today's game. They now face a much more difficult Epic mode which is more attuned to roster heavy/Cavalier players then we did when we faced epic. So they will do master mode each month and attempt Epic. If they have been lucky in crystal pulls etc they may be able to get initial completion done. But they will spend a lot more time getting to the point they can get initial completion done and then getting to 100% completion.
    The master level rewards don't really provide the rewards needed to help bridge the gap between the difficulties now.
    I feel like the master difficulty could do with an extra 1000 5* shards. This will mean players can get a 5* every 4 months which i think is reasonable for players at that level, also players completing both Master and Epic difficulty each month should be rewarded with a fully formed 5* (Currently this is still tied into doing heroic as well).

also certain people on this thread i find are being disrespectful to the original poster's viewpoint/opinion, just because you can't see things from their perspective doesn't mean they are simply moaning with no justification, which the way some of you have responded have implied.

Who the hell cares about last month? Or the previous months. You live in the past? OP is talking about the present. Why bring up the past?
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★

Yes they were. And they haven't changed, which means they're still rubbish.

Who the hell cares about last month? Or the previous months. You live in the past? OP is talking about the present. Why bring up the past?
    They are the same month to month. So I am curious to know if you thought they were rubbish last month to or are saying they are rubbish because you cant beat thanos over 6 weeks.
    2500 6* shards and 9k T5B isnt rubbish in the fact that it's continous. Permanent content wont keep giving the same rewards each month. When you beat that content, its done giving.

Difficulty hasnt changed since UC was introduced. The rewards for the effort are some of the better in the game. The better our rosters get, the easier UC becomes.

They are the same month to month. So I am curious to know if you thought they were rubbish last month to or are saying they are rubbish because you cant beat thanos over 6 weeks.
    2500 6* shards and 9k T5B isnt rubbish in the fact that it's continous. Permanent content wont keep giving the same rewards each month. When you beat that content, its done giving.

Difficulty hasnt changed since UC was introduced. The rewards for the effort are some of the better in the game. The better our rosters get, the easier UC becomes.
    No. Side quests have given a lot more 5* shards than this month. OP is talking about difficulty to rewards ratio. This month (before side quest nerf) the rewards per time/effort and difficulty were just trash. Previous months the difficulty was fine. UC EQ is a lot harder this month. And rewards are the same. I can deal with that...... And who says I didnt beat thanos? I beat thanos.

No. Side quests have given a lot more 5* shards than this month. OP is talking about difficulty to rewards ratio. This month (before side quest nerf) the rewards per time/effort and difficulty were just trash. Previous months the difficulty was fine. UC EQ is a lot harder this month. And rewards are the same. I can deal with that...... And who says I didnt beat thanos? I beat thanos.
    1 fight is harder this month. Just 1. The rest of the quest is a cake walk. You said you weren't finishing UC EQ this month because you didn't want to spend. What other part of the UC EQ would you have to spend on other than Thanos?
    Bidzy7 said:

you really going to say that ?
    UC when first released had no noded paths or mini bosses and even the bosses didn't have too crazy nodes maybe 3-4 max. Now you have noded paths with different requirements on champs to bring ( e.g. biohazard, invade, crit me if you can) as well as mini bosses and bosses with 7 nodes on them.

To state it hasn't changed is just a lie. Your perception of the difficulty lies with the fact you would of grown as a player along with the difficulty of the content, so to you it seems like its the same but in actual fact it isn't.

It hasn't changed. Before each defender was noded instead of having the link nodes. Besides, they never said nodes and whatnot wouldn't vary. Here's the original text from Hotel M.O.D.O.K-

ANNOUNCING NEW DIFFICULTY: UNCOLLECTED DIFFICULTY
    A new difficulty has been added to the monthly Event Quests! Summoners who have become Uncollected by completing Act 5 Chapter 2 and are Level 40 will find a new step in difficulty available to them. Called simply UNCOLLECTED, this difficulty comes with new rewards and challenges, and will be available in the monthly Event Quests going forward.

Each map features a path which brings back some buffs from Act 5 such as Buffet and Bane. But once these paths are completed and the quest is mastered, a new set of rewards are yours for the taking. Including a new exclusive “Unchallenged” title, only available during the first release of the new difficulty.

Watch Seatin's video from it. You'll see each node is orange which means it had a node. Now, tell me what hasn't changed exactly?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vrjj4VzQlA
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★
    I say wait for 6.2 which will hopefully release a new difficulty with better rewards
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★

Bidzy7 said:

you really going to say that ?
    UC when first released had no noded paths or mini bosses and even the bosses didn't have too crazy nodes maybe 3-4 max. Now you have noded paths with different requirements on champs to bring ( e.g. biohazard, invade, crit me if you can) as well as mini bosses and bosses with 7 nodes on them.

To state it hasn't changed is just a lie. Your perception of the difficulty lies with the fact you would of grown as a player along with the difficulty of the content, so to you it seems like its the same but in actual fact it isn't.

It hasn't changed. Before each defender was noded instead of having the link nodes. Besides, they never said nodes and whatnot wouldn't vary. Here's the original text from Hotel M.O.D.O.K-

ANNOUNCING NEW DIFFICULTY: UNCOLLECTED DIFFICULTY
    A new difficulty has been added to the monthly Event Quests! Summoners who have become Uncollected by completing Act 5 Chapter 2 and are Level 40 will find a new step in difficulty available to them. Called simply UNCOLLECTED, this difficulty comes with new rewards and challenges, and will be available in the monthly Event Quests going forward.

Each map features a path which brings back some buffs from Act 5 such as Buffet and Bane. But once these paths are completed and the quest is mastered, a new set of rewards are yours for the taking. Including a new exclusive “Unchallenged” title, only available during the first release of the new difficulty.

Watch Seatin's video from it. You'll see each node is orange which means it had a node. Now, tell me what hasn't changed exactly?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vrjj4VzQlA
    OK to say it wasn't noded wasn't exactly the right choice of words. But just look at your own text its there in what you wrote and in the video you linked the difference in difficulty. The fact you seem to think the difficulty is the same is astonishing.

Oh look a special 3 is active node ............. run for the hills.

"Each map features a path which brings back some buffs from Act 5 such as Buffet and Bane."
    We used to only deal with 1 path each map, now majority of paths are using nodes from act 5 and after, and these nodes being used are also can be very restrictive of champion choice such as bio-hazard with nano tech nodes. invade node ( need to be good at intercepting or hit into block), Unblockable Finale node, Spiked armor, Spite to name a few nodes that players now deal with in the EQ.

if you still think its the same, well there is nothing anyone can say to convince you otherwise