**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

June Champions

Comments

• Samspade23Samspade23 Posts: 549 ★★
    I will say mysterio and black cat. Probably wrong but that's my guess.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★

Considering the game was featured in Ragnarok, I'd say they have a pretty good relationship with them.

really? I remember the phrase "Contest of Champions" being used; a phrase that in Marvel comics dates back to 1982. But I don't remember noticing Thor or Hulk sitting down with a phone or tablet and playing the MCoC app game. When did that happen?
    I didn't mean they were playing the actual game. It was a reference to this game.
  • DrAwkwardPhDDrAwkwardPhD Posts: 234 ★★
    I saw Invisible Woman & Namor rumored for June
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★

I saw Invisible Woman & Namor rumored for June

Otriux confirmed it.

He is currently batting 1000, I believe.
    At data mining...I wouldn't call that an accomplishment. Lol.

Considering the game was featured in Ragnarok, I'd say they have a pretty good relationship with them.

HAHAHA... how clueless are you?
    I'm clueless? Hardly. If you think that it was referencing the Comics and had no connection to this game whatsoever, I have some Magic Beans I would like to sell. Do you not remember Goldblum?

Smh

...really?
    edited May 2019
    Hamin said:

Smh

...really?
    Yes. I'm not a fan of stealing information.

It was also a reference to the game. Hence the Goldblum Challenge, promoted by the Actor who played The Grandmaster. Honestly....

HAHAHA... how clueless are you?
    I'm clueless? Hardly. If you think that it was referencing the Comics and had no connection to this game whatsoever, I have some Magic Beans I would like to sell. Do you not remember Goldblum?
    You suck so hard on the kool aid its ridiculous. Thinking that they have any connection to this game is laughable.
    You don't know your facts. Sorry.
    Okay, if you're not actually going to have a serious conversation and all you're going to do is spout insults, I'm not debating it with you. There was a connection. Disagree if you want. It's not my problem if you can't see that they're related.
    No, you're just trying to pick a personal argument with me, and I have no time for it. You can't even stick to the subject, you just keep referencing how many Posts I have. Sorry, not my first time.
    Yep. Done.
    Data mining isn't "stealing".

My god...

Stealing is hacking into Kabam's network and taking unreleased files.

Data mining is searching within released files for unreleased info.

The info was released to the public by Kabam but hidden. It is so far removed from stealing... I mean... never mind. I know I wasting my time here.

Hamin said:

My god...

The info was released to the public by Kabam but hidden. It is so far removed from stealing... I mean... never mind. I know I wasting my time here.

Data mining is stealing. While the act of combing the data may not be illegal, releasing it to the public prior to its intended release is most definitely stealing it.
    No it's not.
    Hamin said:

Hamin said:

My god...

Data mining is stealing. While the act of combing the data may not be illegal, releasing it to the public prior to its intended release is most definitely stealing it.
    No it's not.
    Yes, it is. There's a reason it's not visible without data mining. It's released in the form they present it.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★

Hamin said:

My god...

I’m not a data mining expert but I’m fairly certain anyone can do it if they learn it. So essentially isn’t it already public information if anyone can potentially access it. Again, that might not be how data mining works but that’s how it appears to me

Hamin said:

Hamin said:

My god...

No it's not.
    It is because he said it is. That's about it.
    I'm usually fairly neutral to GW in convos.

However, he is 100% wrong about data mining.

Any information released publically by a company is free to be explored and talked about... regardless, if it's hidden or not.
    That depends on the setting it's being discussed. If you're releasing it publicly before the company gives permission, then no. That's not legal.

Hamin said:

Hamin said:

My god...

No it's not.
    Yes, it is. There's a reason it's not visible without data mining. It's released in the form they present it.
    No. It's. Not. It is not stealing in any regard.

At worst, it's just an a-hole move.
This discussion has been closed.