**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Just wondering if any PhD playing this game

as stated in title. I myself am a phd student now and find this game really time consuming. I really like this game but I also really need to get my research done. wondering if any other experiencing this problem

Comments

• ClydaniaClydania Posts: 440 ★★

Well, this is awkward . . .

Mr. Dr. AwkwardPhD, is that you?
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,672 ★★★★★
    Im in the middle of finishing my bachelors in biology. then on to masters and doctorite. Ill still be playing lol
  • JohnLocke117JohnLocke117 Posts: 500 ★★★
    edited May 2019

“What’s more important, getting a PhD in order to get a killer job or not getting kicked from a mobile game group?”

Something tells me you’re smart enough to know this answer. This music compilation helps me stay focused if that helps

https://youtu.be/glzCYyPJjpM

(Do it for peter)

Halo :smiley: The best of the soundtracks
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    Dr Blythe. And fatherMD. What happened to the later
  • SlimeballSlimeball Posts: 340 ★★

“What’s more important, getting a PhD in order to get a killer job or not getting kicked from a mobile game group?”

Something tells me you’re smart enough to know this answer. This music compilation helps me stay focused if that helps

(Do it for peter)

dark souls disagrees
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★

as stated in title. I myself am a phd student now and find this game really time consuming. I really like this game but I also really need to get my research done. wondering if any other experiencing this problem

I started playing this game during the final stage of my PhD, i.e. while working on my dissertation. I graduated in December. Not saying game isn't a distraction but we do exist. :)
  • smdam38smdam38 Posts: 820 ★★★
    Defended my dissertation while in AQ and AW. Step up your game.

I'm kidding. Stop being a stupid smart person. Your priorities should be clear. Game first lol.
  • PrezRio4PrezRio4 Posts: 84
    I'm studying a PhD in Physics and I'm uncollected in the game since january and I dont find trouble combining both.
    When I get up I spend my full energy and move in AQ/AW if I have to. Then I forget about my energy for 7 hours, ehich is almost my workday.
    Only issue is that I have to move in AQ ocasionally, take a couple of minutes though and continue with my research.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Slimeball said:

(Do it for peter)

dark souls disagrees
    Jokes on u it has tracks from both Halo and DS
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    Slimeball said:

(Do it for peter)

dark souls disagrees
    Skyrim disagrees
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
    It would be nice if Kabam had more solo game modes for students like us who are studying, but you shouldn’t have to worry about this game. Get that PhD for all of us!
  • SlimeballSlimeball Posts: 340 ★★
    The_Boss9 said:

Slimeball said:

(Do it for peter)

dark souls disagrees
    Skyrim disagrees
    funny joke almost funnier game
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    Slimeball said:

The_Boss9 said:

Slimeball said:

(Do it for peter)

dark souls disagrees
    Skyrim disagrees
    funny joke almost funnier game
    I’m sorry how many game of the year awards has Skyrim won?
  • PeterissocutePeterissocute Posts: 5
    Thanks everyone for your opinion. I guess I always know what is the right thing to do, but sometimes it 's just I can get this milestone award if I just play one more game. It is really good to know that there are other managed to balance life and work and I 've been spending less time on this game since the post. Hopefully things will get better.
    Thanks again for everyone.

(Do it for peter)

It's a bit both funny and awarkward for me when people notice this Peter and please don't take it as a complaint. I think I will study for myself first of all, and see how much I can please him. : )
    edited May 2020
    Well, it's been a year since my post. In the past 6 months I worked really hard got 1 paper published and another finished. So consider it a fruitful year.

Don't really know how this works but if any other student (Don't have to be a PhD) want to make more friends can pm me. It would be nice if you are in Norway but distance doesn't really matter, it's corona out there and I can not go anywhere. :)

• BłADEBłADE Posts: 148
    hello m,ate congrats lol :smile:
  • FlorinPFlorinP Posts: 16
    Lets be honest 100% study is not efficient and 100% game the same, just try to put 50% in study 10% in game and 40% in something else in life and you will be just fine, you can also take into consideration that tomorrow you can have a stroke and die, so do today what makes you happy, no a game cannot make you happy.
  • BłADEBłADE Posts: 148
    lets not go down that path of tommorow buddy, lets think more positive :smile:
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    I'm doing master's atm. If it's too time consuming, maybe consider not doing arena and moving to some retired alliance. It's also a lot less stressful, and imo of you're not in top tiers of aw/aq, the drop in rewards is not that significant, if you still do uc eq and side quests.
    If you're a good player, I'd expect your current alliance to gladly take you back later. Can't guarantee you'd want to go back