**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Thor Ragnarok-Forgotten damage dealer?

Thor Ragnarok has his ups and downs in the game and he is not famous at all since he needs his awakened ability(that too at a high sig level),his synergies and a a lot of practice.

If you have him awakened and have hulk(either one)
You HAVE to try out the Asguardian.

I'll explain his abilities in a nutshell-
-If you dash against Thor,he has a 30% chance to auto block and parry.
-Every 40 hits on the enemy or 20 hits on yourself Thor feels angry and complains to the other gods for not making him feel powerful and gains a power gain which goes to 100% no matter what. It can be stopped by knocking him down though.
-His Special1 is basically only used for stuns as when your combo meter is above 40 hits,this has 100% stun chance
-His Special2 is the reaction when Thor saw Despacito and lands an armor break along with 6 hits.
-His Special3 is when he thinks you slept with Jane Foster and is the main source of your damage as it gives you a passive "Thunder God's Wrath" which relies on your awakened ability (every physical hit and contact will have a 40% chance to shock and in that shock you can apply armor break and stun. This is cool as Thor's damage increases when the opponent is stunned by 250%

Crazy right?
The thing is he DOES need his awakened ability at a high sig level as it increases the time of the passive of your SP3,and you do need a Hulk(either one) to increase his damage of Thunder God's Wrath by 60+ and when you get that your specials are unblockable.
And he is no easy champion to understand.
People aren't ready to give what it takes to utilise this Asguardian.
I do understand their reasons as his damage output can be insane,but other champions like Ægon,Hyperion,Blade and others can be easy damage

I'll mention a few tips

Thor Ragnarok UNAWAKENED
-Just dont use him,its best when you awaken him

Thor Ragnarok AWAKENED
-When Thor Ragnarok hits 35 on his combo meter,use your special 3 to powergain yourself and keep fighting till you are close to another power gain and use your special 3 then and rinse and repeat the entire process
-Try experimenting some masteries for Thor,specially the Despair one as Thor applies a godly amount of debuffs (no pun intended)
-If you want,you can use your special2 right before the powergain to apply an armor break
-Use Hulk,Champion and any other synergy that increases Thor's damage output.

Summoners,you have learnt value of the Asguardian boy. Try to,just try to use him with all my tips,and you wont regret it.

I'll see you on the next guide!

Comments

• TerraTerra Posts: 8,002 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    Imo hes a bit complicated to use, which I personally like, but most overlook him (except in prestige area) and use the more straightforward champions like Blade or AEgon. Been playing around a bit with Thor Rags according to this guides instructions and I like it. Nice work on it
  • ItsAMeSarthakItsAMeSarthak Posts: 71
    Terra said:

Imo hes a bit complicated to use, which I personally like, but most overlook him (except in prestige area) and use the more straightforward champions like Blade or AEgon. Been playing around a bit with Thor Rags according to this guides instructions and I like it. Nice work on it

You have earned my respect young summoner.

These are so cringey.

Says the guy who let Thanos snap
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★★
    Unfortunately, he is one of the many champs who need awakening to shine. I have not even awakened my 4* one...

On the other hand, and this should be mentioned, he is part of some of the best synergies in the game, with Hela, Proxima, Hulk / Rag. Hulk etc. These synergies add a lot to his utility.
    Midnite93 said:

Funny. Detailed and a well rounded explanation to Thor ragnarok. I for one will never sleep on underrated champs to be honest and will use them. Kabam these days release champs which are harder to use and some champs who are heavy hitters but have crippling weaknesses. This guy though initially I thought he was ok at first but after seeing him awakened and watching gameplays. He is pretty decent but takes some work to build him up. He is there as a 6 star as well.

You have joined the "Underrated Champions" Gang

Unfortunately, he is one of the many champs who need awakening to shine. I have not even awakened my 4* one...

On the other hand, and this should be mentioned, he is part of some of the best synergies in the game, with Hela, Proxima, Hulk / Rag. Hulk etc. These synergies add a lot to his utility.

Most of the SP3 Damage from Hulk synergy,along with The Champion