**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Back Issues #3 - Speculation

V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
I know it’s premature to think about Back Issues #3, but I recently just explored V2, and then V1 and so it got me thinking about #3. Which EQ do you think Kabam will revisit for #3 or which one would you like to see? What mechanic/restriction do you think they will use? As a refresher Back Issues #1 had class restrictions (skill/mutant, mystic/tech, cosmic/science) and Back Issues #2 favored larger champs. Would you like to see the difficulty/challenge factor align more with Back Issues #1 or #2? For me personally I felt like V1 was a blatant cash grab. A lot of the fights felt cheap if you didn’t have one of a very limited number of counters. I felt like V2 basically hit the nail on the head in terms of difficulty and enjoyable fights so I hope V3 is more like V2. Do you think Back Issues #3 will be a quest from 2016 and maybe introduce 2016 class rank up gems?

Post your thoughts and speculations below.

Comments

• RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    Polar Opposites was the event following Micro Realm
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    The next one should be polar opposites, which introduced Magneto marvel now and was released August 2015.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    I am guessing we get one more from 2015. Mystery was the July-August event. If they continue releasing variant every three months (fingers crossed) then I would guess we get one of the latter quests from 2015. Hopefully Blood and Venom.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    DalBot said:

Can we please skip a few and just get to 2016? I can't take any more of those 2015 gems. I can't see them running it sequentially forever considering we've seen 2 of them in 6 months

I feel like 2016 will be the next step. Only so many 2015 champs to use gems on.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Im thinking maybe the next one will be a combo. With class restrictions but boosts smaller champs.
    Gives spiderman memorize on evades

Or something out of left field like the female champion boost to get you to use all the females of your roster and the same month release squirrel girl and Rescue (Pepper Pots)
  • Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★
    Definitely preferred V2 over V1. Also hoping that variant 3 will give out 2016 rank up gems. Theres only so many 2015 champs that we want to rank up. And in fact there is a possibility if variant 3 continues to give 2015 rank up gems, some players out there may get entirely useless rewarwds if they have thus far gotten all 6 rank 4 gems of the same class such that they simply have no more champs of that class to rank up.

For instance if I have gotten 6 rank 4 gems for 2015 cosmic champs, and I already have all possible 2015 cosmic champs ranked up (BB, Gamora, Groot, Ronan, SIM, Thor), and I pull a 7th cosmic rank 4 gem, that reward will be entirely useless to me. Small as the chance is, it cannot be ruled out, and such a reward structure cannot be created unless there is some avenue created for that redundant reward being traded in for another that can be used.
  • Arham1Arham1 Posts: 435 ★★
    Captain America Civil war event.
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★

It will be a cheating boss with 800 percent fury and a million power gain on rotating buffs to activate every second and if you evade your dead

Only for you. The rest of us have YouTube channels and they give us easier A.I.
    I see what you did there.... well played sir...well played 😂🤣😂
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,766 ★★★★★
    either Blood and Venom or Rocket and Groot's Holiday whatsit from December 2015. I want that one back so bad, it was running when I started playing and I want to be able to beat it.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    belli300 said:

It will be a cheating boss with 800 percent fury and a million power gain on rotating buffs to activate every second and if you evade your dead

Only for you. The rest of us have YouTube channels and they give us easier A.I.
    I see what you did there.... well played sir...well played 😂🤣😂
    Lol thank you, thank you!
  • RichardCraniumRichardCranium Posts: 94
    As much as id love to revisit the polar opposites quest, its time for a 2016 quest.

The miles and blue cyke quest could be cool. Definitely need to revisit the first civil war quest.
  • Ctleath_013Ctleath_013 Posts: 416 ★★
    I remember the civil war quest. Ahh memories...
  • AlCapone2727AlCapone2727 Posts: 428 ★★
    Lets just skip to back issues during 12.0 which introduced iceman, aa, and ummm oh yeah psylock
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I was just looking at the chronology of champs and I have to say, 2016 gems might actually be worse. Yeah there are a couple gems like DV, Quake, Hyperion, Rulk, and X-23, but I’m not convinced this would be loads better than 2015 champs. Especially considering that a lot of people doing this content probably have the majority of these champs already ranked. Although I know we’ve already had 2 sets of 3 2015 gems available so that’s already been tapped. What do you guys think?

• Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 said:

I was just looking at the chronology of champs and I have to say, 2016 gems might actually be worse. Yeah there are a couple gems like DV, Quake, Hyperion, Rulk, and X-23, but I’m not convinced this would be loads better than 2015 champs. Especially considering that a lot of people doing this content probably have the majority of these champs already ranked. Although I know we’ve already had 2 sets of 3 2015 gems available so that’s already been tapped. What do you guys think?

Kinda reviving this thread but 2016 is great for 3-4 gems
    Mutant you have rogue x23 and nightcrawler
    Skill you have crossbones
    Science you have quake she hulk and red hulk
    Mystic toy have ghost rider voodoo and mordo
    Cosmic you have Hyperion and venompool(he was the second highest on the buff pool so might get buffed soon)
    And tech is kinda a bust
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 said:

They can make it 2015-16 gems, so it would not be worse for sure
    Aleor said:

V1PER1987 said:

I think a good solution here would be to do a 4->5 2015/2016 gem.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 said:

Aleor said:

V1PER1987 said:

As long as we still get the normal 4-5 gem
  • Alexgt85Alexgt85 Posts: 30
    Don't fool yourselves. Variant #2 went fairly easy on us given you have the XL champs. Zig and then Zag, Variant #3 will be evil.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I don't know about anyone else, but Magneto as a 500k boss sounds a bit intimidating... Not that he's a hard fight, but I swear I'll never get the timing on his sp2 down because it's one of the few specials in the game where the timing to evade it changes depending on where you are at on the screen. Looking at the 2016 champs, I'd have to agree with @V1PER1987 that a 2016 gem might not even be better.
    Kobster84 said:

V1PER1987 said:

Aleor said:

V1PER1987 said:

As long as we still get the normal 4-5 gem
    Yes since the restriction item is a reward in addition to the other 4->5 gem.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I'd like a back issues Coulson's challenge. I wasn't playing when it was released. Couldn't finish Chloe and it pissed me off. For some reason instead of complaining about it on the forum and asking for an easier version it motivated me to get better. Then they re-released it and I was able to do it. So Coulsons is the only one I haven't done.
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Drooped2 said:

I'd like to see Back Issues 3 keep the original Champs in the Variant difficulty. If they want to load it up with current champs again I'd like to see some acknowledgement that the old champs sucked and that's why you have to fight a stacked 6 star Korg instead of Captain America.

Then you shouodnt be allowed to use the new champs to attack either.
    I think that might be an interesting gate for any of the Variants. I mean, they’re already giving you 2015 gems for your to rank up your 2015 champs, might be nice if you had to actually use them too.
    Drooped2 said:

I'd like to see Back Issues 3 keep the original Champs in the Variant difficulty. If they want to load it up with current champs again I'd like to see some acknowledgement that the old champs sucked and that's why you have to fight a stacked 6 star Korg instead of Captain America.

Then you shouodnt be allowed to use the new champs to attack either.
    I actually wouldn’t mind that, I think it’s a good idea actually. If this is supposed to be a nostalgic quest designed to make you remember the older quests, then only champs from that period should be allowed in (both offensively and defensively).