**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Class and Rarity Gates - Discussion Thread

Comments

• RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    djr17 said:

zeezee57 said:

I'll just do completion and pretend this content doesn't exist. Four 6* of a single class to do the path? So basically buy hundreds and hundreds of Cav crystals and pray. After about 60 or so I've yet to pull a single 6* and only two good/great 5*, and overall I have a very nice top to my roster. Judging by the looks I'll have put this game down entirely before I have the roster to meet these requirements, well played Kabam, well played.

The 6* gate is just quantity, not class specific. At least not yet.
    Have you not read the patch notes each quest is class restricted by 3 i think so you cant take any class you want lmao

Except 6* those dont have restriction
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 648 ★★★

djr17 said:

zeezee57 said:

I'll just do completion and pretend this content doesn't exist. Four 6* of a single class to do the path? So basically buy hundreds and hundreds of Cav crystals and pray. After about 60 or so I've yet to pull a single 6* and only two good/great 5*, and overall I have a very nice top to my roster. Judging by the looks I'll have put this game down entirely before I have the roster to meet these requirements, well played Kabam, well played.

Have you not read the patch notes each quest is class restricted by 3 i think so you cant take any class you want lmao

I did, and that just makes your comment even more confusing.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    djr17 said:

djr17 said:

zeezee57 said:

You are right, it just says 2, 3, 4, 6*'s required. I have a feeling though that's a typo though because you wouldn't get the class advantage they also mention.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Kaspy said:

So.... you said 5* and 6* shards have never been more accessible. I’m curious to what you are referring too?

I assume they are referring to the fact that it is easier to earn 5* and 6* shards now than at any other time in the past. If you can point to a time in the past when they were more available, I'd like to know when that was.

It is true that quest rewards haven't been updated since Uncollected was introduced in December of 2017. However, war rewards were updated with the introduction of seasons, alliance quest rewards have been increased multiple times including both glory rewards and the ability to buy 5* and 6* shards with glory. And the special events that come along seem to contain a literal fountain of 5* shards at least more than half the time. They also added 5* shards to the calendar to fill out the last few days. And that's on top of the increased ability to earn shards from the restructured arenas.

Some people will say that some of these things happened a while ago and not recently. But that's the entire point: as far back as you can go, there have been small but significant increases added to the game. Some recent, some further back, some even further back, because this keeps getting ratcheted upward. A slow but continuous ratchet upward is not going to have a huge number of increases all at once, it will have them spaced out over time, and at no time will there be a huge increase, but at no time will there be no increase for a long time either.
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    While I agree that 5* shards have been more and more accesible via the side quests each month I fail to see the increase in 6* shards.

One could argue that more 5* shards mean more 6* shards when duping but that’s not enough. At least not for someone that his only content left is 6.2 and has 4-5 6* that all but 1 are trash. I’m curious to see hoy many of us are in that situation
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,031 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Gamer said:

DNA3000 said:

Kaspy said:

So.... you said 5* and 6* shards have never been more accessible. I’m curious to what you are referring too?

I assume they are referring to the fact that it is easier to earn 5* and 6* shards now than at any other time in the past. If you can point to a time in the past when they were more available, I'd like to know when that was.

It is true that quest rewards haven't been updated since Uncollected was introduced in December of 2017. However, war rewards were updated with the introduction of seasons, alliance quest rewards have been increased multiple times including both glory rewards and the ability to buy 5* and 6* shards with glory. And the special events that come along seem to contain a literal fountain of 5* shards at least more than half the time. They also added 5* shards to the calendar to fill out the last few days. And that's on top of the increased ability to earn shards from the restructured arenas.

Some people will say that some of these things happened a while ago and not recently. But that's the entire point: as far back as you can go, there have been small but significant increases added to the game. Some recent, some further back, some even further back, because this keeps getting ratcheted upward. A slow but continuous ratchet upward is not going to have a huge number of increases all at once, it will have them spaced out over time, and at no time will there be a huge increase, but at no time will there be no increase for a long time either.
    That’s the problem. The msg the game team send out was to sais it becomes more common with is a bit of a lie. All depending of your luck in the game.
    Availability has nothing to do with luck. It is easier to get 5* and 6* champs now than in the past. That is not a bit of a lie, that is the absolute truth.
    It definitely is a lie ther Ben esay in that sens. If you get lucky out of you cavlier Then mean rng so what I’m said rng is luck if you don’t hav that just that you don’t se what I’m mean. Of case last much we got arund 1.2k 6 shard that was nice but hasn’t Ben esay that ever. And then celbatate even coms like ever 4 to 5 much wher you end I’m get 2.5k but hasn’t Ben esay and better in that case. Agerd ther Ben esay But not hav ther desribe it
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    This just gives huge advantage to people with 6* Doms, Corvus, Voids etc . Even though I have completed all content pretty comfortably and opened 11 6* crystals to only have champs like DD, sentry, Rocket, DPX etc

This is where RNG going to hurt people like me . I feel what Idelest said in his parting video . The contest is restarting and we r again at the mercy of huge RNg swings
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    This doesn't bother me one bit, the only thing that is a little concerning is Legends run times. Obviously it isn't an even playing field now with Rosters being important. But I can see this really limiting who can get the legends tag in Act 6.2 and on. I think this will make the game more fun but again I can also see this locking out a lot of skilled players that can't compete with rosters. Other than that it will be an interesting challenge.
  • Kappa2gKappa2g Posts: 265 ★★★
    Incease in 5 and 6 star shards- Stretch ur monthly events to 2 months with no increase of rewards ????????????????
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    I wonder what’s next, needing 5 of a certain class of 6* champ? Smh this looks awful
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    djr17 said:

djr17 said:

zeezee57 said:

621.623.625 are 5* Mutant.Cosmic.Tech with a 6* while 622.624.626 are 5* Skill.Science.Mystic with 6* or more depending on the quest

Still dont see the class restrictions