**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[Android] 23.0 Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    Name: Kerneas
    Device: Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016)
    System: 5.1.1
    Cellular/Wi-Fi: only WiFi, but very reliable connection
    Version: 23.0.1
    Game mode: Fights, Crystal vault, Champions collection
    Description: Crystal vault takes ages to load, reaction time is extremely long. Same goes for champ screen. About 15% of fights stop for about 5 seconds on one frame and after some time it continues quite fluently. I know my device isn't the newest, but the game has always run quite smoothly (small lags, but bearable)
  • foxy_fishfoxy_fish Posts: 3
    Name: foxy_fish
    Phone: Nokia 3.1 plus
    Cellular or wifi: both
    Game version: 23.0.1
    Game mode: crystals, all game modes basically everything lags
  • RedStars82RedStars82 Posts: 2
    edited May 2019
    In-Game Name: Fr4nc0B3g7
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 VE
    Device Operating System: Android 7.0
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Version Installed: 23
    Game Mode: Arena, Alliance War, Menu.
    Description of the Issue: For weeks, my game crash every 30 minutes approximately, in arena or whenever. This is unacceptable. One a day, 6 crash !!!
    Do something please quick. If not, no money !!
  • Lyrak10Lyrak10 Posts: 7
    In-Game Name: Lyrak10
    Device and Model: Motorola G6
    Device Operating System: Android 8.0.0
    Cellular or WiFi: BOTH
    Game Version Installed: 23.0.1
    Game Mode: ALL MODES
    Description of the Issue: After 10 minutes playing, the game crashes. Sometimes health bar disappears than it crashes on the next fight. Playing arenas it crashes after 3 fights. It started to happen 3 months ago when the second to last update was released (final boss of monthly mission was Anquilus). I thought it was a problem with my new phone, but now I realize that it may be the game by itself. Please fix this. I don't feel motivated anymore, the game got harder but the earning of gold and units is too low compared to the cost to rank up heroes and finish missions. Go back to give us 30 units in arena's milestones. Finishing missions costs a lot. And there must be a daily mission for GOLD!
  • In game name logansteel10
    Device and model LG stylo4
    Device operating system android 8.1.0
    Cellular only
    Game version 23.1
    All game modes constantly crashing every two fights maybe at most three , as well before it crashes the power bar is missing .
    Will not be able to keep playing at this rate i spend more time loading the game than playing!!
    Just about done
  • Pritty14Pritty14 Posts: 7
    Name: Pritty14
    Device: Samsung Galaxy S8
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game mode: All
    Description:
    - Extremely long loading times
    - Extreme lag when opening crystals
    - Combat lag
    - Lag when choosing champions in arena
    - Lag on AQ and AW
  • FuzzylumpsFuzzylumps Posts: 116
    edited May 2019
    Name: Fuzzylumps
    Device: Samsung Galaxy S8
    Game mode: All
    Description:
    How to play MCoC : Open game,select fight,go make coffee,watch Game of Thrones,play fight,call it a night. Rinse and repeat
  • In-Game Name: kinghammer0906
    Device and Model: LG Stylo 4
    Device Operating System: Android 8.1.0
    Cellular or WiFi: WIFI and Cricket Cellular
    Game Version Installed:23.0.1
    Game Mode: Story mode, alliance war,quests,
    Description of the Issue: The game keeps lagging but no so much as it just closes out on me in mid fight also game crashes saying it has closed and days to either open back up or send feedback, i have done both but still keeps crashing lagging and closing out all three time lately? No specific champs it has done it allot lately maybe like the last month or so
  • TakingAllDownTakingAllDown Posts: 30
    Im just tierd of this .... . Major lags all the time. Impossible to play AQ or AW. Game crashes,after few arena fights loading goes so long or screen goes black and game still running or just crashing. Crystal area lags. There are so many issues.
    Thats not our device problems,its your game.
    Just tierd of this.
  • Farseer123456789Farseer123456789 Posts: 53
    In-Game Name: Farseer123456789
    Device and Model: LG G5 8.0
    Game Version Installed: 23.0
    Game Mode: All game modes
    Description of the Issue: Two issues
    1) over all lag in loading screens. Random game freezes mid fight
    2) will not connect to wifi only data. All other apps (YouTube, Facebook, etc) work fine. Only seems to be an issue with Rogers home wifi
  • HedronHedron Posts: 359
    Account name: Hedron
    Device: Tecno camon ace
    Platform: Android 8
    Cellular or wifi: Both
    Game version: After 21.0
    Game mode: All modes especially crystal vault
    Description: On opening crystal vault it takes a lot of time to choose a crystal. Then cryatal when selected starts lagging and when spinned spins veey slowly.
    Game also lags too much while fighting
  • Name: Zemo141
    Device: Xiaomi Redmi 6q
    Cellular or Wi-Fi: Both
    Game Version: 23.0.1
    Game Mode: All Modes :-(
    Description: The crystal menu was laggy as hel, I can't even open a crystal because it freezes. Please fix this up
  • In-Game Name: Pharaoh III
    Device and Model: LG G5
    Device Operating System: 7.0
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi; ONLY on one specific network (work)
    Game Mode: can't log in
    Description of the Issue: can't log into game since v23.0 was first released, and only on WiFi at work; no issues on other wifi networks, at home or public (starbucks, gym, restaurants...etc). This was not an issue prior to v23.0; in fact, I was logged on v22 at work when the update came out, and downloaded the v23 update on work wifi, but once installed I could no longer log in. Also, I don't experience any issues connecting to other services while on work wifi; facebook, YouTube, browsing, gaming (Marvel strike force), all work fine!

• DjaxsDjaxs Posts: 1

Hi Summoners!

Our team is working to identify and address performance issues in The Contest and we need your help as we gather relevant information.

As part of this process, it is important for you to understand that lag and game performance are affected by a host of factors including: device, operating system, connection and even Champions or maps. Complicated issues such as these involve an equally complicated investigation process, due to all of these variables. Your contributions to this thread will help in that investigation. This, however, does not mean that there is one single “fix” coming that will address all concerns for all players. It is an ongoing process of improvements that the team is continually working toward as the game progresses.

If you are experiencing crashing, lag, unresponsive controls or performance problems in the Android version of The Contest, please reply using the template below.

This thread is for Android users only.

In-Game Name: Please include your in-game (not forum) name.
    Device and Model: (Example, Galaxy S6)
    Device Operating System: (Example 8.0) You can find the operating system version on Android by going to Apps, then Settings and “About Device.”
    Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier?
    Game Version Installed: To check which version of the game you have installed, go to the Google Play Store and confirm that you have the latest version installed which will show you the number. This thread is only for those on the 23.0 version of the game.
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: Please include a full and complete description of the lag and performance issue you are experiencing with as much relevant detail as possible. This includes any specific Champions affected and how long you’ve been experiencing the issue.

Replies to this thread must use the template below and provide relevant, constructive information about the issue. This thread is for information gathering and not one-on-one support. Off topic posts, requests for status updates and general complaints will be removed according to the forum rules.

Yhhh sooo am experiencing the game in framerates on my android for the past week it been annoyin
  • TakdeersidhuTakdeersidhu Posts: 14
    My device Samsung J7
    I lag&loading issue since last month after every fight game start loading some time say network error in same location download speed up to 1 to 4 mb/sec and if play hd video on YouTube play without buffering. And second problem that big problem for me some time block can't work my champion still get hits when i done block i face this problem since last war and today in aq please fix that
  • foxy_fishfoxy_fish Posts: 3
    foxy_fish said:

Name: foxy_fish
    Phone: Nokia 3.1 plus
    Cellular or wifi: both
    Game mode: crystals, all game modes basically everything lags

Specifically Crystal vault takes forever to load, fights take forever to load and to get back to map, lag during fights. SUPER FRUSTRATING!!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    LG G6
    Android 8.0
    Latest Game Version
    War, Arena

The game is incredibly lagging. Couple that with AI that has immediate response times and the passive pattern going on, and it is really difficult to play properly. We've had it all Season in War. It's almost impossible to play properly. The Arena is lagging as well. I really do hope this can be resolved. This Season has been hell to play. Thanks.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    To be more specific, my controls are lagging, but the AI will Block immediately. It will sit passively until an L3. There's a freeze in controls that comes now and then, and the AI will Intercept by default. Loading times are increased, and lag overall. Hope that's a bit more info. Lol.
  • In-Game Name: Chuck_Norris_16
    Device and Model: OnePlus 5T (A5010)
    Device Operating System: 9.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both connections.
    Game Mode: Arena, Alliance Quest, Alliance War, Duel
    Description of the Issue: There is a constant delay in all loading screens, including logging onto the game and entering different content. The arenas take forever to connect both before and after the fights start. The rewards take too long to display. Those 2 have been the primary issues I have been noticing ever since 23.0 came out. I have, however, more recently started to notice the delay while the fights take place. More often than not the animations are not in sync and it becomes harder and harder to parry or intercept. I have been decent at those skills for quite some time now and this sudden change cannot simply be because of a lack of skill. The controls are freezing occasionally, if not consistently. The lag makes dashing in after the enemy throws a special harder, and more often than not they simply counter with a special. The delay between the tap and the respective animation is pretty obvious and they are being liberally punished by the AI. Oh and don't get me started on hoe opening crystals is hell now.
    Please give us an approximate timeline as to when we can expect improvements. Don't make us quit the game after we've been invested so much already.
  • ajr27ajr27 Posts: 3
    In-Game Name: Andre R@
    Device and Model: mi6
    Device Operating System: Android 8.0
    Cellular or WiFi: ambos
    Game Version Installed: 23.0 version
    Game Mode: All modes
    Description of the Issue: depois soltar e3 personagem corre pra frente sem controle.. Mesmo segurando bloqueio
    O noturno nao esta trocando modo facilmente
    Vc bloqueia e abre bloqueio e vc leva dano
    Personagens adversarios
    nao estao soltando especial mais facilmente.. Como antes
  • Annihilus_IVAnnihilus_IV Posts: 15
    In-Game Name: Annihilus IV
    Device and Model: Samsung (not sure of model #)
    Device Operating System: Android 6.0.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Both - Cricket Wireless / All WiFi
    Game Mode: Crystal Vault

Description of the Issue: I have been experiencing lag in the crystal vault for some time, but since the Version 23 update, the vault is unresponsive nearly 99% time. I can navigate through the game menus while I'm on the crystal vault screen, but nothing in the vault responds to touch...

So, TO CLARIFY:
    This is not an issue with lag in the app, since I can access mail, or view my profile, or go to the unit store, or navigate AWAY from the crystal vault to, say, go to the Fight screen - all while IN the crystal vault, but I cannot access anything in the vault itself... Also, the background stops moving, even though I can still click on other menus. The background starts moving again once I navigate away from the crystal vault.

Once again - I do not have serious issues anywhere else in the game - the crystal vault, however, is now completely UNRESPONSIVE after the V23 update.
  • Legoisa14Legoisa14 Posts: 3
    In-Game Name: X-Recøn33

Device and Model: LG Stylo 4
    Device Operating System: 8.1.0

WiFi or both? If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier? MetroPcS (LTE)

Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest, Alliance War, and Crystal vault

Description of the Issue:

Lagging issues I've experienced

1. Disapearents of Health and power bar

2. Fight and menu crashes

3. Crystal vault crashes

4. Game freezes and then crashs

5. Crashes in pre-fight loading screen

I've been experiencing lag for the last year or so. I hope we get some kind of compensation for this problem. Every time a new update came out, the same lag got worse. Before it would only affect fights, but now it's affecting some champions as well.

Even with the lag, I've still remained faithfully to this game. Some champions I relized that experience lag is M.O.D.O.K, King Groot, Mordo, Red Hulk.

I trust you guys will solve it from here! :)

• RewdbwoiRewdbwoi Posts: 2
    Name: rewdboi
    Device: Samsung galaxy S8
    Cellular or WiFi: both
    Game version: 23.0
    Game mode: crystal vault and all fights
    Description:
    General lag everywhere, five hit combos fail due to last hit not registering. After special 3 attack, my champion dashes into the opponent without any input from me and while I am holding block. Mostly happens with Hyperion. Act 5.3 lag is the worst i have noticed this far, cost me many units and revives due to lag and my combos failing to land last medium attack and my specials fail to land due to opponents blocking and I get rekt. PLEASE ADDRESS THIS ISSUE. thank you.
  • SteeloBlazeSteeloBlaze Posts: 9
    edited May 2019
    IGN: Steelo_Blaze
    Device: LG L164
    Ver7.0
    Mcoc ver: 23.1
    Wifi only

Description: The
    game lags from beginning to end. The profile for the champions take a long time to appear, loading screens take forever to get to the fight or quest. The crystal vaults lags heavily and fights are now becoming slow. It is very rare for my phone to cooperate with this game. Also A.I. continually use hvy attks in to Sp's as well as heavy Lag during Important Fights.
  • Name: SNAK€_€YEZ
    Device: ONE PLUS 3
    Cellular or WiFi: both
    Game version: 23.0
    Game mode: crystal vault and all fights(story mode , daily quest , monthly quests, arenas, aq,aw)
    Description:
    General lag everywhere, crystal vault lags, champs upgrading, screen loading specially fight-in and fight-out loading screen,Champions do not obey at all(they dont block, dont special, dont dash when commanded to ) , sometimes game crashes after lag .
  • Name: TwentyBlood
    Device: Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930F)
    Cellular or WiFi: Both (Cellular Orange)
    Game mode: Story Quests, Event Quests and Alliance Quest
    Description:
    - Combat lag : notice big lag often between third et fourth hit in a five combo.
    - Extreme lag when upgrading champion
    - Sometimes, long loading times
  • DimofteDimofte Posts: 4
    In-Game Name: DimofteSkeptik
    Device and Model: Oneplus3, Oneplus 3T, Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
    Device Operating System: Android 7.0, Android 8.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both cellular and wifi
    Game Mode: All
    Description of the Issue: Long load screens, delayed character model loading, slow item reveal, dropped/missed inputs, backdraft intercept doesn't work, Evade doesn't work every time and it results in a parry.
    The defenders are dexing intercepts in war.
    Superior and Classic Ironman sp2 never connects...NEVER.
  • JohniaparaJohniapara Posts: 13
    The name of the game: Johnny.FVN.
    Device: Pocophone f1
    Operating system: Android 9, Miui 10.3.2.0
    Connection: wifi
    Game Version: 23.0.1
    Game mode: arena
    Description of the problem: the screen flickers, throws the screen out of the game black, only restarting the game helps. But it is not convenient to do this many times while playing the arena
This discussion has been closed.