**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Wasted quest energy, on a pointless path.

Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 901 ★★★
This is the monthly quest 3.1
There isn't a single opponent to fight, what is the point of this path?

Comments

• Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 901 ★★★

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    If there had been champs on it, you would have still spent the energy and lost some health, if not worse. So . . .
  • Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 901 ★★★
    By explore that path, you mean waste quest energy? If there were a single opponent on it, I wouldn't be asking why.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★
    Drake2078 said:

By explore that path, you mean waste quest energy? If there were a single opponent on it, I wouldn't be asking why.

If anything you should be happy that it is empty rather than having an opponent as it takes less time
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    They're just wanting you to spend more energy. Not sure why they didn't leave a champ on it though.
  • TaZ_4178TaZ_4178 Posts: 506 ★★
    Yeah i wish they would stop this... it use to be much worst then i started 2 years ago though still sucks to see this occur though
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    I mean its a month that you have approx 45 days for the EQ and 3.2 only has one path instead of 7. Yet your complaining about an extra empty path. Maybe next time kabam will throw korg and sinster just to make it worth the energy.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    3.1 has 6 paths every time I can remember. This is just path #6 for this month. We've had multiple maps that have at least partially shared paths. Some have been setup in a way that you could explore at least a few new nodes on a dozen different passes if you weren't paying attention.

Do I like essentially running the same path twice, not really. Am I going to lose any sleep over it, nope.
  • JohnLocke117JohnLocke117 Posts: 500 ★★★
    Drake2078 said:

This is the monthly quest 3.1
    There isn't a single opponent to fight, what is the point of this path?

Empty path, it's meant to make the Infinity War thanoses easier so you take the thanos while taking the empty path.
  • Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★
    I agree with the broader sentiment in this post though. Alot of quests these days seem to be designed simply to burn your energy, with no real thought being put into it. I cannot understand why the extremely basic "collect the infinitys stones" quest requires 3 energy per tile in Epic, has 4 paths, and is nearly a mindless fight all the way through. There is no challenge in it and seems to exist merely to have us burn our daily energy.

The important question for Kabam is this: is it a design objective to calculate energy requirements for monthly event quest to leave us with little to no balance energy, so that we cannot complete other quests like Variant and/or Act 6 unless we spend on energy refills?
    edited May 2019
    Haji_Saab said:

I will say it again: There is no wasted energy as all quest energy is calculated by Kabam to make sure that you are logging in at least a certain number of times ... there is no point in asking for paths to be reduced or energy per tile to be reduced

I am definitely getting this impression from the recent event quests. Seems to be just a way to drain our energy. They should just come right out to say that "yes this is our design objective".

My point is just that if quests are not going to be fun, then make less of it. Compared to something like Act 6 or Variant where each and every path presents a novel and unique challenge, by all means I am happy to see more paths there as each is enjoyable on its own. But for something like "collect the stones", its just a mindless task just auto fighting and burning energy down 4 x 6 of essentially the same boring paths, and then that x3 if you want to do heroic to epic difficulties.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Think about Act 3.2 which costs you less than 10 energy units, thus they need somewhere to consume your energy units.

Regarding OP’s question, although there is no champ being placed, they have 3* mystery box for you to explore.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    I totally get what @Drake2078 is saying. I contemplated asking the same thing, but never got around to it.

The impression I got is that instead of map 3.2 being around to suck your energy, you have a Thanos fight with a small energy requirement. To keep energy usage up, Kabam decided to put as many tiles as possible into 3.1. I haven't looked at the energy requirements for 3.1 in previous months, but this path gave me that impression.

It should never require 18 energy just to get to the next fight. It's absurd. And they did it at least twice on this map in the harder versions of the map shown in the image.

I totally get what @Drake2078 is saying. I contemplated asking the same thing, but never got around to it.

The impression I got is that instead of map 3.2 being around to suck your energy, you have a Thanos fight with a small energy requirement. To keep energy usage up, Kabam decided to put as many tiles as possible into 3.1. I haven't looked at the energy requirements for 3.1 in previous months, but this path gave me that impression.

It should never require 18 energy just to get to the next fight. It's absurd. And they did it at least twice on this map in the harder versions of the map shown in the image.

18 energy = nearly 2 hours to do 1 fight lol
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Is it really an issue, it’s better than having fights in it
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Is it really an issue, it’s better than having fights in it

Maybe, but your options aren't strictly limited to "fight" or "no fight".

Another option would be to eliminate a few of the tiles in between.

For the two paths shown, each path could lose 2 tiles without changing the shape of the path or the number of fights. This would change the energy necessary to get to the next fight from 18 to 12, which is still high, but more manageable.

The point is the tiles add nothing of value.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    What I suspect, though I may be wrong, is there was a Champ that was supposed to go on that Path. Either that, or it was left blank for ease, which is another possibility. What I'm fairly certain of is it would have been required either way, so look at it as a free few steps.
  • HendrossHendross Posts: 938 ★★★

Still lets me do the fight.

Sue Storm, confirmed!
  • Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 465 ★★★
    At the end of the day 3.1 will always have 6 paths. As far as I'm concerned the fewer fights the better
  • Luke208080Luke208080 Posts: 103
    This is dumber than dumb threads I have started. 3.1 will always have 6 paths. One of them this time was extra easy. Jump on the bugs, and lack of clarity. And lack of accountability, and acknowledgement, and all other things!!!

But not this.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,413 Guardian
    That segment DOES have a permanent Chest on it, and one of the other nodes is a drop-point for a potential random Heal/Revive Potion that may be present from time to time (see below example). So take that path on the time when you see it has a potion on it. So just 2 other empty nodes on it, which 2 empty in a row is not that uncommon.