**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Map 7 Counterstrike Bug - Fury Not Displaying and Proxima Midnight's 200% Offensive AAR Not Working

DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
Device and Version: iPhone XR

Device Operating System: iOS 12.1.4

Mobile Carrier: N/A

Cellular or WiFi: CenturyLink 500 MB/s WiFi

Game Version Installed: 21.3

Game Mode: Alliance Quest, Map 7

Champions Affected: Proxima Midnight

Active Boosts: No

Description of the Issue: Proxima Midnight reduces enemies' offensive ability accuracy by 200% when blocking/parrying attacks. Map 7's global "Counterstrike" node makes the AI unblockable for 15 seconds when attackers have used the dexterity mastery 10 times. Proxima Midnight's offensive ability accuracy reduction allows her to block unblockable attacks (see video below), but Proxima Midnight is not able to block AI attacks when Counterstrike's unblockable is active.

Screenshot or Video:

1) Video evidence Proxima Midnight is able to block/parry unblockable attacks:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/arlzyh/when_aspect_of_war_goes_unblockable_proxima_is/

2) Proxima Midnight not able to block Counterstrike's unblockable attacks, Map 7 Day 3:
https://youtu.be/9X7SsVstNA4

3) Proxima Midnight not able to block Counterstrike's unblockable attacks, Map 7 Day 4:
zbfu55bhtobo.jpg
https://youtu.be/LoamazihgX4

@Kabam Zibiit @Kabam DK

Comments

• DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    I found additional footage of Proxima Midnight blocking unbklockable attacks. Here's a clip from her soloing Variant 3.3's Aspect of War Hulk Miniboss:

https://youtu.be/-XqLNWCyXio

@MCOC Team Is there any other information I can provide to increase the likelihood of this bug being fixed?
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    Proxima does not have the ability to block unblockable attacks, she reduces offensive ability accuracy while blocking.

For whatever reason Aspect of War’s unblockable is coded as an ability (*subject to aar) on every stirke where Map 7’s global node is not an ability, just like Nick Fury’s unblockable, IMIW’s unblockable special 1, nodes that make specials unblockable, etc.

Proxima does not have the ability to block unblockable attacks, she reduces offensive ability accuracy while blocking.

For whatever reason Aspect of War’s unblockable is coded as an ability (*subject to aar) on every stirke where Map 7’s global node is not an ability, just like Nick Fury’s unblockable, IMIW’s unblockable special 1, nodes that make specials unblockable, etc.

The semantics of my OP aren’t great. The goal of this thread was to get feedback from a Kabam employee on how different sources of unblockable attacks are different and/or similar.

The claims detailed above in quotes seem plausible, players can’t confirm or deny them without an MCOC developer commenting on their accuracy. Unblockable Finale is another source of unblockable attacks that Proxima is able to block, even if Proxima doesn’t start holding block until after such unblockable attacks have begun:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/948lvp/proxima_ignores_adaptoid_unblockable_in/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

DK recommended Proxima Midnight for Map
    7’s Omega Red before the 1st cycle of Map 7 started. Given that recommendation, a response to this thread would’ve been greatly appreciated.
    Proxima does not block unblockable finale. *Tested, video at end of post, thumbnails are the moment she does not block it. But it does contain footage of Blade completely turning off unblockable finale with AAR.

The assassins mastery (or other aar, Blade is an example of this) can prevent unblockable finale from activating if you start the fight with AAR in play. This appears to be the case with the Adaptoid fight since the unblockable callout is not shown when the fight starts, meaning it never activated in the first place.

There is one verifible instance of Proxima blocking unblockable attacks and that is with Aspect of War, the expection not the rule, and possibly unintended/bug. It would be wrong to conclude that due to blocking AoW Proxima is meant to block unblockable attacks. I think this might be circumstances that added up to a flawed conclusion and that sucks, sorry.

Grats on the shout out from DK! Did he say Proxima counters counterstrike? That’s a global thing not an OR thing, however I suppose PM would prevent OR’s signature ability unblockable from proccing but GL blocking with 10 spores on you if you want to test it. Once had a GR fight where the 10th spore landed the frame before a parry but that frame meant his tentacle became unblockable.

The simple fact is Proxima does not have the ability to block unblockable attacks, in the case of AoW her ability accuracy reduction prevents the unblockable trigger for an unknown reason.

Act 5.2.6 portal D.
    https://youtu.be/OKtnlWtq2CE
    https://youtu.be/64IWzsuLJ4k

Proxima does not block unblockable finale. *Tested, video at end of post, thumbnails are the moment she does not block it. But it does contain footage of Blade completely turning off unblockable finale with AAR.

The assassins mastery (or other aar, Blade is an example of this) can prevent unblockable finale from activating if you start the fight with AAR in play. This appears to be the case with the Adaptoid fight since the unblockable callout is not shown when the fight starts, meaning it never activated in the first place.

There is one verifible instance of Proxima blocking unblockable attacks and that is with Aspect of War, the expection not the rule, and possibly unintended/bug. It would be wrong to conclude that due to blocking AoW Proxima is meant to block unblockable attacks. I think this might be circumstances that added up to a flawed conclusion and that sucks, sorry.

Grats on the shout out from DK! Did he say Proxima counters counterstrike? That’s a global thing not an OR thing, however I suppose PM would prevent OR’s signature ability unblockable from proccing but GL blocking with 10 spores on you if you want to test it. Once had a GR fight where the 10th spore landed the frame before a parry but that frame meant his tentacle became unblockable.

The simple fact is Proxima does not have the ability to block unblockable attacks, in the case of AoW her ability accuracy reduction prevents the unblockable trigger for an unknown reason.

Act 5.2.6 portal D.
    https://youtu.be/OKtnlWtq2CE
    https://youtu.be/64IWzsuLJ4k

Saying my OP's semantics weren't great and clarifying the goal of my OP wasn't enough to prevent misunderstandings and misdirection on your part. I'll address your above comment systematically to prevent further instances of such misunderstandings and misdirection:

"Proxima does not block unblockable finale."

- I didn't say Proxima blocks unblockable finale, I said "Unblockable Finale is another source of unblockable attacks that Proxima is able to block, even if Proxima doesn’t start holding block until after such unblockable attacks have begun".

"The assassins mastery (or other aar, Blade is an example of this) can prevent unblockable finale from activating if you start the fight with AAR in play. This appears to be the case with the Adaptoid fight since the unblockable callout is not shown when the fight starts, meaning it never activated in the first place."

- Can you provide evidence the video shown in the Reddit link involved the assassin mastery?

"There is one verifible instance of Proxima blocking unblockable attacks and that is with Aspect of War, the expection not the rule, and possibly unintended/bug. It would be wrong to conclude that due to blocking AoW Proxima is meant to block unblockable attacks. I think this might be circumstances that added up to a flawed conclusion and that sucks, sorry."

- What exception to what rule? Do you have information shared by MCOC developers the rest of the community doesn't have? My previous post stated "The goal of this thread was to get feedback from a Kabam employee on how different sources of unblockable attacks are different and/or similar". I asked for clarification without making conclusions, who are you apologizing for regarding a flawed conclusion?

"Grats on the shout out from DK! Did he say Proxima counters counterstrike? That’s a global thing not an OR thing, however I suppose PM would prevent OR’s signature ability unblockable from proccing but GL blocking with 10 spores on you if you want to test it. Once had a GR fight where the 10th spore landed the frame before a parry but that frame meant his tentacle became unblockable."

- DK's a hell of a developer. Where did you find a reason to insinuate he commented on Map 7's Counterstrike? Cool story about Omega Red's unblockable being similar to Rhino's unblockable.

"The simple fact is Proxima does not have the ability to block unblockable attacks, in the case of AoW her ability accuracy reduction prevents the unblockable trigger for an unknown reason."

- Covered this in the opening sentence of my last post where I said "The semantics of my OP aren’t great". You use phrases like "exception not the rule", "possibly unintended/bug", and "unknown reason" interchangeably. Additionally, Zibiit disproved your comment about a livestream viewer explaining sp3 animation damage not carrying over after time runs outs wasn't a bug.

Worst case scenario we should be more on the same page now. Tell Dak and Cobs I hope you guys break top 10 in AQ this cycle.
    Maybe I am misunderstanding you. Is the bug that Proxima blocks Aspect of War or that Proxima does not block Counterstrike? These are your words. “Proxima Midnight's offensive ability accuracy reduction allows her to block unblockable attacks, but Proxima Midnight is not able to block AI attacks when Counterstrike's unblockable is active.” “@MCOC Team Is there any other information I can provide to increase the likelihood of this bug being fixed?” That’s a conclusion... not a question. And Proxima can not block unblockable attacks, she for reasons unknown blocks Aspect of war’s unblockable.

- Can you provide evidence the video shown in the Reddit link involved the assassin mastery?

I provided video evidence that unblockable finale is not blockable by Proxima alone but is blockable when AAR, like that of assassins, is in play preventing the entire abilty from activating at the start of the fight, Just like the reddit video. Compare the opening of each fight, the reddit video does not have the unblockable call out at the start of the fight meaning unblockable finale was off the whole time, there was no unblockable hits that proxima was able to block. The only attack that had the unblockable callout (unblockable special 1) was dexed by her.

- What exception to what rule? Do you have information shared by MCOC developers the rest of the community doesn't have? My previous post stated "The goal of this thread was to get feedback from a Kabam employee on how different sources of unblockable attacks are different and/or similar". I asked for clarification without making conclusions, who are you apologizing for regarding a flawed conclusion?

The rule that unblockable attacks are not subject to AAR, there is one instance of unblockable being blocked by Proxima in the game and innumerable instances when Proxima can not block the unblockable. I have access to the same information the rest of the community does. I’ve shown that when Unblockable finale activates Proxima can not block it and anyone can block it if aar like assassins prevent it from activating in the forst placr. You have access to the same info I do, I invite you to block any other verifiable unblockable attacks or even to replicate Unblockable finale on a consistent basis to disprove assassin’s was the cause act 5.2.6 has an entire lane you can test with, here are some options for unblockable attacks Nick Fury, IMIW s1, MS’s S2, Korg, Thing, Captain Marvel, Corvus, Carnage, Loki, Havok.... Going to stop listing them because it has become overwhelmingly obvious to me that If Proxima blocked any of these attacks you would likely have made a video about, but you have not.

“Proxima Midnight's offensive ability accuracy reduction allows her to block unblockable attacks, but Proxima Midnight is not able to block AI attacks when Counterstrike's unblockable is active.” “ Is there any other information I can provide to increase the likelihood of this bug being fixed?“ your words implying a bug exists while also asserting that Proxima is meant to block unblockable attacks strongly suggest you have concluded that Proxima is meant to block the unblockable.

Proxima’s aar interacts with Aspect of war in a way it does not interact with any other unblockable attack. If there is a bug the bug is that Proxima is able to block AoW not that Proxima can not block other unblockable attacks, that’s not her ability. Are you trying to take that away from her? (I support that btw, consistency.) Unblockable attacks are not subject to AAR except for with AoW for unknown reasons.

- DK's a hell of a developer. Where did you find a reason to insinuate he commented on Map 7's Counterstrike? Cool story about Omega Red's unblockable being similar to Rhino's unblockable.

Why did you bring it up in the first place? Doing so suggested it was somehow relevant to the matter so I questioned it. Guess it was irrelevant to this thread. Whatevs.

- Covered this in the opening sentence of my last post where I said "The semantics of my OP aren’t great". You use phrases like "exception not the rule", "possibly unintended/bug", and "unknown reason" interchangeably. Additionally, Zibiit disproved your comment about a livestream viewer explaining sp3 animation damage not carrying over after time runs outs wasn't a bug.

What does one have to do with the other, gobbledegook. I never said it wasn’t a bug and Zibiit’s explaination is in line with what I was conveying, I conveyed what I recalled from a stream months ago “support replied saying that the special 3 health bar was cosmetic during the animation and that the actual damage applied after the animation was finished.” Zibiit confirmed that, which makes your earlier post very odd because you got an answer for that but opened another thread about it.

- Worst case scenario we should be more on the same page now. Tell Dak and Cobs I hope you guys break top 10 in AQ this cycle.

I do not understand half of what you are saying, it’s immaterial to the thread and difficult to follow so no I do not think we are not on the same page, likely not even reading the same book but I would desperately like to be so we can get an answer to what is up with Prox and Aspect of War. I joined the ally yesterday but I’ll let Dak and Cobs know you are thinking about them, I’ll say thanks for the well wishes on their behalf.

Done writing novels on my phone.
    @CoatHang3r Some background information might be useful for this back and forth. I made a separate thread on this topic before creating this forum bug template (see below). I posted that thread in the general discussion section, it was moved to the forum's bugs and known issues section with an hour. That forum moderator decision implied the thread's topic was a bug, so I created this thread for the purpose of providing additional information.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/123671/proxima-midnight-abilities-clarification-needed

No conclusions were drawn in that thread. Because it went unanswered despite being moved to the bugs and known issues section of the forum, I made this thread and worded my questions differently with the intention of actually receiving a response from a Kabam employee. Regarding your last comment:

"I provided video evidence that unblockable finale is not blockable by Proxima alone but is blockable when AAR, like that of assassins, is in play preventing the entire abilty from activating at the start of the fight, Just like the reddit video. Compare the opening of each fight, the reddit video does not have the unblockable call out at the start of the fight meaning unblockable finale was off the whole time, there was no unblockable hits that proxima was able to block. The only attack that had the unblockable callout (unblockable special 1) was dexed by her."

- You haven't mentioned how Unblockable Finale was changed within the past few months. When Unblockable Finale was 1st released, unblockable text was only shown when the AI used special attacks even though the AI's basic attacks were also unblockable when UF was active. Now, Unblockable Finale shows an Unblockable icon when the node becomes active. Here's a video from July 2017 for an example:

https://youtu.be/U4nfLtyfyzs

The Reddit video link I provided shows Unblockable Finale still functioning in the way described above. It was after last year's Red Skull event quest that Unblockable Finale was changed to display an Unblockable icon when the node became active. Here's video of Act 5.2.6 from today to show this difference:

https://youtu.be/e6XHg4JYZ1g

"The rule that unblockable attacks are not subject to AAR, there is one instance of unblockable being blocked by Proxima in the game and innumerable instances when Proxima can not block the unblockable. I have access to the same information the rest of the community does. I’ve shown that when Unblockable finale activates Proxima can not block it and anyone can block it if aar like assassins prevent it from activating in the forst placr. You have access to the same info I do, I invite you to block any other verifiable unblockable attacks or even to replicate Unblockable finale on a consistent basis to disprove assassin’s was the cause act 5.2.6 has an entire lane you can test with, here are some options for unblockable attacks Nick Fury, IMIW s1, MS’s S2, Korg, Thing, Captain Marvel, Corvus, Carnage, Loki, Havok.... Going to stop listing them because it has become overwhelmingly obvious to me that If Proxima blocked any of these attacks you would likely have made a video about, but you have not."

- This statement is flawed because the supporting comment about the assassin mastery isn't an explanation for every scenario. 20% ability accuracy reduction when assassin is maxed is still a low chance to lower the AI's ability accuracy. Furthermore,, unblockable ability/node mechanics are inconsistent in MCOC. Unblockable sp1 and sp2 nodes being able to have certain hits of those specials blocked are examples of this (Spidey's sp1 web projectiles, Punisher's sp1 bullet projectiles, Loki's sp1 scepter projectile, etc.). Inconsistency of unblockable game mechanics is why I made 2 separate threads 3 months ago, both of which have received no response from Kabam.

"Proxima’s aar interacts with Aspect of war in a way it does not interact with any other unblockable attack. If there is a bug the bug is that Proxima is able to block AoW not that Proxima can not block other unblockable attacks, that’s not her ability. Are you trying to take that away from her? (I support that btw, consistency.) Unblockable attacks are not subject to AAR except for with AoW for unknown reasons."

- I want consistency of MCOC abilities, whatever that consistency is deemed to be. See above videos for how Unblockable Finale and Aspect of War are similarly influenced by Proxima's offensive AAR.

"Why did you bring it up in the first place? Doing so suggested it was somehow relevant to the matter so I questioned it. Guess it was irrelevant to this thread. Whatevs."

Here's why I made the DK comment. I should've included this screenshot in my last comment.

"What does one have to do with the other, gobbledegook. I never said it wasn’t a bug and Zibiit’s explaination is in line with what I was conveying, I conveyed what I recalled from a stream months ago “support replied saying that the special 3 health bar was cosmetic during the animation and that the actual damage applied after the animation was finished.” Zibiit confirmed that, which makes your earlier post very odd because you got an answer for that but opened another thread about it."

- Zibiit commented after I opened the thread you're referring to. The answer came after the thread.

"I do not understand half of what you are saying, it’s immaterial to the thread and difficult to follow so no I do not think we are not on the same page, likely not even reading the same book but I would desperately like to be so we can get an answer to what is up with Prox and Aspect of War. I joined the ally yesterday but I’ll let Dak and Cobs know you are thinking about them, I’ll say thanks for the well wishes on their behalf."

- We agree on this lol. Dak and Cobs are great people. Lastly, no response from Kabam on this topic has been a good thing. Had this thread's topic been confirmed by Kabam to be a bug and fixed, I wouldn't have continued using Proxima in different ways against Map 7's Omega Red miniboss. Structuring that fight to limit using dexterity to prevent Omega going unblockable led to soloing Omega without Proxima's signature ability today:

https://youtu.be/P0MB7WO1bTs
    The video you linked (5.2.6 D) does show the old unblockable finale, the one where only specials were unblockable. The guy is repeatedly parrying the enemy. That doesn’t support Proxima blocking unblockable finale, that supports unblockable finale being bugged for a long period after release then being fixed to funxtion properly. I no longer need Assassin’s mastery as an explanation for the Reddit video, you’ve proven unblockable finale itself was bugged at the time.Like I said before victim of circumstances.

Unblockable specials have had thier node descriptions updated to reflect how they actually work. Not bugged.

The videos prove you are using bugged/incomplete unblockable finale to support proxima blocking unblockable attacks. She does not, except for AoW for reasons unkown. Yes I would like consistancy as well, just need an explanation for AoW’s unblockable attacks being subject to AAR.

BG streamed 5.2.6 Unblockable finale back in the day it was pointed out during the stream that only specials were unblockable.

Grats on another solo, I always manage to muck it up wih Prox, would rather just use Sentinel.
    Old unblockable Finale, experienced live.
    https://youtu.be/oKxTS3nIehk

Stream, path starts at 3:42:20
    https://youtu.be/-6M-y4YoTMs?t=222m20s