**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Avengers, Assemble! "Quest for the Stones" and "Save the Battlerealm" Events are coming!

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

Even with the difficulty changed, the rewards are still not what they should be for the biggest event in the Marvel Universe with the release of End game. If this game is part of that universe, then the rewards should show that. Getting shards towards a crystal that only gives you a chance at good rewards is very disappointing. One thing that I have always bragged about when it comes to MCOC is the fact that they come out with new content to align with the Marvel movies. You go see the movie and get to play against the players from the movie. Awesome concept for a Marvel fan. This should have been the most rewarding month in MCOC history. We all know that it did not even come close. If anything, it is one of the worst we have had in the game compared to the most recent months.

I wouldn't say it was one of the worst. And on any other day, I'd also say that I don't think this is a reasonable expectation. Just because the movie is a big deal doesn't mean every Marvel game is supposed to be raining candy on its players.

However, I believe Endgame is literally a once in a lifetime event. I have high hopes for the MCU but even if it continues to be successful there's no guarantee they could (or necessarily need to) replicate the success of Endgame. And we might not have the kind of closure we get with Endgame ever again. I don't think the current events are as bad as many are saying, but I also wouldn't be proud of them if I were a designer of them.

I don't really care about the rewards that much. They are what they are. The game comes first. And I think the content could have been so much better. I'm not angry it isn't. I'm not even very disappointed. But I feel a lost opportunity MCOC will never get back.
  • Lucky_StarLucky_Star Posts: 10
    edited May 2019
    Say me - if you can get a 3* version of Hawkeye for passing the "Reality" line (for those who don't have any version of Hawkeye, especially 4* or 5*), why is it impossible to pass? It cost me almost 200 units for passing Master difficulty (The Thing only), and I spent another 200 units for Epic (again Thing) and all i could do - only 20% of his HP and wasted EVERYTHING. Potions, units, every possible boosts. For maxed out 3* Hawkeye.

You know, after this I don't want to play at all. I feel only anger. If it is not suitable for passing with 3* character (which is not true, you can pass "Soul" line with 3* Cap), so why it wasn't obvious? Why we should try and lose, try again, spend everythin and lose again? Damage that Hawkeye do is so low to the Thing, especially with regeneration, that it's impossible to win AT ALL.
  • Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 465 ★★★
    Look, I criticize Kabam as much as any one else. And complaints about the rewards or lack of entertainment value in the side quests is legit, I mean your wielding the most powerful weapons in the universe and your shock damage is like 17 or whatever. Its junk and not fun.

That being said now that they nerfed the difficulty cause people weren't going to play it. It is not even remotely challenging. The challenge now matches the lackluster rewards.

If you cant beat these events it's just above your skill level or your doing something wrong.

• midhun1mamachanmidhun1mamachan Posts: 77
    Kabam,
    Completed all special events and quests for last stand crystal. Even though HIGHER LAST STAND CRYSTAL IS UTTER WASTE... It gave me 3 times 4star crystal shards and t4bcs. HIGHER LAST STAND CRYSTAL should need a repatch. My sad I have nothing left.
    Deadpool ROMANCE CRYSTAL were awesome than this.

Midhun ☹️
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 777 ★★★
    29 Greater Last Stand Crystals... After all the energy and nonsense... Big letdown... No t5b period just junk. Of course no AG.

Basically nothing I can use, should've listened to the consensus on these rewards and save my refills and my time.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,658 ★★★★★

Beyond00_ said:

This event still doesn't make sense.

What doesn't make sense about it? Collect a stone, complete another path. Except now you can complete the whole thing without waiting for the rest of the stones.
    If one stone can clear all paths, why make so many stones?

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Beyond00_ said:

What doesn't make sense about it? Collect a stone, complete another path. Except now you can complete the whole thing without waiting for the rest of the stones.

Well I think it's not the best design on the one hand. But if you only have one good version of any one of the champs that get upgraded it's nice that you only need one stone.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,421 Guardian
    One annoying thing about the Stones, they seem to be registering as a Boost, which means your Summoner Bar icon is permanently highlighted this month. Hard to know when “actual” boosts have worn off yet when doing other quests like Uncollected.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,658 ★★★★★

Beyond00_ said:

Well I think it's not the best design on the one hand. But if you only have one good version of any one of the champs that get upgraded it's nice that you only need one stone.
    It is 3 stones so far and I think the regen plus power control could well be the best especially for that Jugg path. Can't see how other stones can mitigate a power gain node.

Anyway, my skills are not up to mark to tackle epic, so I will try chip away at Act 5.4, Rttl or even RoL. :D

• BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,262 ★★★★★
    You can use Avengers champs prior to getting the stones. I used Thor, Widow, and Hulk to 100% epic.
  • sest22sest22 Posts: 933 ★★★
    edited May 2019
    a thanos to me seems extraordinarily hard in irreclaimable. I still can not beat it, a lot of health and attack. not to mention the very low playability that we have had due to the problems of animation and lags. I thought there would be correction but there was not. just a painful compensation. I prefer that they improve performance rather than receiving apologies and compensations.
  • Jemster519Jemster519 Posts: 210 ★★
    sest22 said:

a thanos to me seems extraordinarily hard in irreclaimable. I still can not beat it, a lot of health and attack. not to mention the very low playability that we have had due to the problems of animation and lags. I thought there would be correction but there was not. just a painful compensation. I prefer that they improve performance rather than receiving apologies and compensations.

I beat him in Uncollected but took everything I had. Without a doubt, the toughest Uncollected Quest boss I have ever faced. Working on coasting through to 100% all quest. As far as the Last stand quest, the rewards have been very disappointing since I have not gotten any 5* awakening gems and only have less than have the epic quest to beat. I am not too happy with the direction this game is taking. I am using up all my stash and will be taking a break after this month. The effort you have to put in the game no longer equals the rewards at the higher levels. I think Kabam has done a very poor job of making rank up items available for your 5* after the 6* were released. When 5* were released, it became way easier to get the resource to max your 4*. Not so much for your 5* after the 6* were released. After maxing out my first 5*, I have realized how long it will be before I can take another 5* to R5. Way too long!
  • NeurogodNeurogod Posts: 22
    I don't understand the logic when this event was created. Captain America + soul stone can clear most of the paths. Hawkeye is useful for one path. Iron Man is terrible; Black widow + time stone doesn't really add much to the pathway - using Captain America was a lot easier. Isn't the point of the stones to make the path more manageable?
  • ezgoingezgoing Posts: 269 ★★
    I know most have cleared the paths. But black widow with time stone was quite fun I thought. Evading like a boss, high power gain, etc. She one-shot the Thing even though he went unblockable early from the Rage node.

It baffles me how come iron man’s buffs are so badly designed.
    ezgoing said:

I know most have cleared the paths. But black widow with time stone was quite fun I thought. Evading like a boss, high power gain, etc. She one-shot the Thing even though he went unblockable early from the Rage node.

I enjoyed playing with Black Widow as well. I am playing each path in Epic as it comes out each week for the fun of it. I agree that Ironman was not done well at all. I ranked up my unduped 5* to R3 for the event but he does not gain the regeneration benefit unduped. For Black Widow and Thor, I ranked up my 4*s to R4 since they are duped. i would imagine that an unduped Black Widow would not have been as good as she needs to be able to not trigger player abilities. Wish I would have ranked up my duped 4* IM to at least R4 but at the same token, when will I ever really use these champs again. That is 10 T4 Basic catalyst, 7 tier 1 alphas and 3 T4 Tech catalyst wasted just for one path on one event. Luckily I already had my 4* Hulk and Hawkeye at R5.

Haven’t read much on this thread... but I’m stopping in to add my 2 cents...

This is a terrible event for this massive MCU event. The reward to effort ratio is skewed terribly. Wayyyy too much stick, not enough carrot. The awful RNG nature of the Last Stand crystals makes this one of the more patience testing events Kabam has ever had. I have no drive to 100% multiple difficulties of this. Too much energy required. AND WE STILL HAVE 19 DAYS LEFT.

Kabam dropped the ball on this. It should have been one if the best events in MCOC history, to coincide with the culmination of 10 years of what the MCU has accomplished. Instead I can’t wait for EQ reset.

It would be super awesome if Kabam threw in a Celeb Challenge or something, because the next 19 days are going to suck.

It is so bad that I am going to take a break from the game after this month. I used all my stash and it will be a long time before I can rank up another 5* to R4 so not worth the effort of how long it will take. I might have still played if we were getting more 5* shards this month but that does not seem to be the case either since I have competed most of the monthly content already. At a stand still and can not count on the game to provided the resource I need in a timely matter. Feel like I am just going through the motions this month. Very boring. :neutral:
  • Sp1d3y_K0ngSp1d3y_K0ng Posts: 37

ezgoing said:

I enjoyed playing with Black Widow as well. I am playing each path in Epic as it comes out each week for the fun of it. I agree that Ironman was not done well at all. I ranked up my unduped 5* to R3 for the event but he does not gain the regeneration benefit unduped. For Black Widow and Thor, I ranked up my 4*s to R4 since they are duped. i would imagine that an unduped Black Widow would not have been as good as she needs to be able to not trigger player abilities. Wish I would have ranked up my duped 4* IM to at least R4 but at the same token, when will I ever really use these champs again. That is 10 T4 Basic catalyst, 7 tier 1 alphas and 3 T4 Tech catalyst wasted just for one path on one event. Luckily I already had my 4* Hulk and Hawkeye at R5.
    Anyone know how to edit your profile?
  • Ehhe13Ehhe13 Posts: 2
    In which quest can I use the stones exactly?
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,262 ★★★★★
    Ehhe13 said:

In which quest can I use the stones exactly?

Quest for the stones and save the battlerealm
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    Epic difficulty of last stand quest for stones takes 24 paths to clear and about 12 energy refills for 1550 5star shards and some scraps, and lower difficulties are even less rewarding. Wtf is this, 2017?
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Spent some time this weekend grinding through the lower difficulties. And it truly was a grind, what a boring bit of content. No story to read through, nothing for clearing intermediate paths, nothing for individual fights. Then the Last Stand crystals turn around and mostly give useless **** (5* shards if you're lucky and a bunch of forgettable other stuff).

I feel like I get better rewards from spending the same amount of time in arenas and doing the daily catalyst quests.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    edited May 2019
    Overall this quest rewards wise was awful for me. This rng reward structure with a highly watered down pool was sad. I got nearly nothing worthwhile after clearing all of it and using by all the shards available.

Just needed to echo the disappointment in this event. Please reconsider rewards structures like this in the future. We should have a higher chance of getting something valuable when opening the highest level rewards(not 4 star sig stones, 4 star shards, and 10k gold).

ezgoing said:

Anyone know how to edit your profile?
    The steps are located on the "Strategy and Tips" section
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Why didnt they just put a greater greater crystal for 20k shards that just gave 5* or 6* shards, t2as or t5bc shards

Having seen the adjusted difficulty, I believe the original intent was for this event to have moderate difficulty with moderate rewards so a large percentage of the players would be able to get most of the rewards. And then they missed their difficulty mark by an almost astronomical level.

The devs didn't just wake up and realize they made the event too hard, nor did they suddenly get swayed by forum posts regarding the difficulty. That's just not how game devs in general and this dev team in particular work. Historical evidence demonstrates they are a data driven dev team much like most are. Given the sudden downgrade in difficulty and the huge amount of the downgrade, my conclusion is that they saw the game data and saw a huge amount of player event failures and/or a lot of giving up on the event - player disengagement due to difficulty. Those numbers must have been almost scarily high: I would guess they started off very high, and then got even worse when the second stone was far weaker than the first one.

That's the sort of thing that compels devs to make changes. It is almost certainly what compelled them to nerf the Sentinels in AQ, two weeks after they were added. My feeling is that difficulty for the top two tiers of the event has been slashed by between 65% and 80% overall. That's a gigantic reduction, and it suggests the completion rate for this event should be really high, far higher than I think we all know it actually is.
    Shouldn't it be alarming that it took them looking at completion rate to figure out the event was not what they intended? That seems like something that most mid to endgame players could have deduced by running through the event once or twice. What good is data if they don't know how to apply the results to future events?
  • Cranky_TrumpCranky_Trump Posts: 263
    I prefer where you get to accumulate some sort of currency (intel, infinity dust) to select your own rewards. I've gotten waaay too many gold and 4* sig stones out of those crystals.

On another note, I think you guys may have made Hulk tooooo strong with the infinity stone. Content was super easy with my 3/30 4*.