**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Preparing for Realm of Legends ...

winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,731 ★★★★★
edited November 2017 in Strategy and Tips
Kind of unsure whether to try start preparing for this quest. I have five obstacles to overcome;
1/ maintaining a high consistency of combo
Just tried one run against Winter Soldier, with a rag-tag full GoTG. Managed to take out 364k health and highest combo was 209 hits.
I think I need higher combo count.

2/ Being able to dedicate the time for a complete run.
I think it is not quite possible to finish in one run. Best scenario will be to play it over 11 days (one champ per day).
Would this be even a workable idea?

3/ Storing up revives and potions and units.
This is mandatory. How much units to be at safe level? 3000?

4/ Champs to bring.
Hyperion, Star-Lord, Wolverine, Elektra and .... Guillotine (3*).
Any comments?

5/ Read about this quest.
It all starts here - Realm of Legends: Discussion

This thread is big inspiration - Realm of Legends done in less than 2 months

Also this - Today I beat for the first time the RoL WS

Will be adding more threads as I find them.
Anyone thinks I can try in two months or wait till Spring next year?

Comments

• ShevvelShevvel Posts: 179
    It's not that tough actually.. your Wolverine, SL, and hype will take care of every champ except Wolverine which has to be dealt by guillotine.

Practice a lot. You ll get a grip after all they won't use SPL 3. and you don't need that much units. Maximum 10 level 2 team revives. (Well I used 240 units in my first run)

These days I'm completing rol 2 time in a week. Just to farm level 3 health potions. My champs are x23,guilly,Drax(all 5/50).other two will be used only two increase attack power like venom increase 6% of attack in teamed up with guilly.

sl is definitely need to be there against scarlet witch and vision, guillotine for wolvy. Rest can be done with your Wolverine.

I dont have SL so I took rest for 15 to 30mins after 1 or 2 fights.

Hope this helps.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,731 ★★★★★
    Despatched Captain Marvel today on test run. Wolverine is good due to regen.

The difficulty I faced is maintaining concentration after reaching 300 hits. I really don't feel like playing anymore after reaching that combo. She survived about 600 hits before KO.

Looks like I should turn my attention to getting revives and potions first.
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    I just finished it today and it took me 13 L2 revives and 1 L2 team revive - so around 600 units.

Long fights wear me out too. The attacker matters a lot. I’ve done Winter Soldier in 600 hits with 4/40 Rogue but 200 hits with 5/50 Archangel.
  • Severus35Severus35 Posts: 88
    Hey there =)

3 points are crucial for ROL in my opinion :

1: You need a fair damage dealer (a 4.40 4* would be ideal). If you're not comfortable with keeping a high combo, pick a regen character like X23.

2: You need a poison immune character to deal with Scarlet Witch (Hulk, Hyperion, ..)

3: You need to a character to deal with Wolverine. Guillotine might be the easiest way but you'll need to pray the NRGesus. You can watch howto videos about that part on youtube.
    Some can do it in one try, it took me like 15 tries with a 2* Guillotine.

Each fight should take from 2 to 15 minutes depending on your damage dealer and your skills. So it's completely doable in a day (or a few if you need breaks).
    I suggest practicing against WS on a daily basis till you're comfortable with the lenght of the fight.

Good luck! :wink:
    Well ... still in preparation mode.

I forgot about boosts!
    6/ Storing up boosts.
    Attack, Health and Champion Boost

Practise progress.
    Have been trying to win fight against WS.

Finally did it (solo) yesterday with Hyperion using his regen. It took 700 hits (highest combo 180 only). :(

Tried again with Wolverine. Much easier 413 hits (highest combo 221) as I don't need to have an additional step to activate the regen. Wolverine was almost full health after fight.

Will also be trying with Star-Lord.
    Looks like more practice is needed and figuring out how to achieve high combo.
    Is there any practical tips to maintain high combo? Does pausing the fight when I gets jaded helps? Or pause fight when there is loss of momentum?
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,676 ★★★★★
    Mastery setup?

Ah ...

Point 7/
    Conservative one. I am quite satisfied with it except whether to take a bit more risk by increasing mystic dispersion from 3/5 to 5/5.

Offense - 21
    Precision, Cruelty - both 5/5
    Despair, Deep Wounds - both 1
    Assassins 3/5

Defense - 19
    Recovery 3/3
    Physical Resistance 4/4
    Stand Your Ground 5/5
    Willpower 1

Utility - 19
    Parry, Stupefy, Dexterity, Petrify, Pacify - all 3/3

edited November 2017
    Can Rogue substitute Guillotine against Wolverine?
    Of course, Guillotine dispatch off Wolverine in seconds.
    Strong Match-Ups
    This is a list of Champions that Rogue performs well against.
    Wolverine, Black Panther (Civil War) - Rogue is absolutely the best choice against Champions that rely on Buff because she replicates those and opponents can not trigger them while she has the specific Buff active.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,135 ★★★★★
    And never pause. The game Berfor you in a SP3. Animations. Im have make a lot mistake Becasse just pause the game mid.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,135 ★★★★★
    winterthur wrote: »
    Can Rogue substitute Guillotine against Wolverine?
    Of course, Guillotine dispatch off Wolverine in seconds.
    Strong Match-Ups
    This is a list of Champions that Rogue performs well against.
    Wolverine, Black Panther (Civil War) - Rogue is absolutely the best choice against Champions that rely on Buff because she replicates those and opponents can not trigger them while she has the specific Buff active.
    . She Can But wuld take. Longer Thah gul.

• Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited November 2017
    Wolverine is probably the safest to play with, it just takes a while. Against people whose specials are easy to evade (or don’t do any damage like vision) use SL and you can down them in like 3-7 minutes depending on how many times your combo gets broken. Hype would help a bunch against SW, I did it with Wolvie but heal block, poison (makes regen less effective) and power drain was kind of a pain. It took me like 1,225 hits with my r4 Wolvie. Just stack furies on Hype then use L3 if you didn’t get power drained. Guillotine vs Wolvie is super easy; just be patient and use your L2 then play aggressively to stack the degen and it will be over just like that. If you can’t get him all the way down, just rinse and repeat. I did it with a 4/40 3* and it wasn’t bad at all.

The Wolvie fight took me about 50 seconds with 3* guillotine
  • Scare_Reaper2Scare_Reaper2 Posts: 287
    First you'll need to wait after the 8 hour maintenance .....
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Yet to complete it, mainly because I want to do LOL first and then ROL for the full dupe.
  • Severus35Severus35 Posts: 88
    winterthur wrote: »
    Will also be trying with Star-Lord.
    Looks like more practice is needed and figuring out how to achieve high combo.

I suggest watching Dork Lessons (Dorky Diggity Dave) on youtube, the whole 'like a ninja' serie. You will learn key moves/strategies to help you progress in fight : parrying, baiting, intercepting.. :)
    It has taken me a long while. I was trying to make some progress with Act 5 and got stuck at 5.2.4. Then I went to read the Act 5.2 announcement.

So, on a scale of Act 1 to Labyrinth of Legends, where does this fall in terms of difficulty?

You should not be able to easily do this if you haven’t completed Road to Labyrinth, and even then, this will be a challenge.
    That caught my eye and I thought, ok ..., I will try. I still can't manage long fights and I decided to take one fight, pause and go do something and return to next fight. I started yesterday, completed two fights and the rest today.

My team was
    1/ Hyperion (to deal with SW)
    2/ Star-Lord (to deal with Vision)
    3/ Guillotine (to deal with who else?)
    4/ Wolverine (hoping his regen will carry me through)
    5/ Archangel (actually, I was unsure why I took him)

The biggest surprise to me was
    a/ being able to clear Juggernaut with Wolverine at almost full health)
    Took me 565 hits and highest combo at 70 only. I got hit a lot.

b/ Hyperion knockout versus SW. Also a weakened SL (having earlier fought Vision).
    Hype - 238 hits.
    SL - 81 hits.
    Wolverine cleaned up with another 160 hits.

c/ Using Guillotine was a disaster. So, I called on Archangel and just barely made it (244 hits).
    I think Guillotine did not work because of my mastery setup.

d/ Wolverine went down fighting Blackbolt because I did not realise the impact of blocking his special 2.
    After reviving Wolverine and throwing in some potions, I evaded the special 2.

Here it is. :D

• SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited May 2019

Ah ...

Point 7/

Conservative one. I am quite satisfied with it except whether to take a bit more risk by increasing mystic dispersion from 3/5 to 5/5.

Offense - 21

Assassins 3/5

Defense - 19

Recovery 3/3

Physical Resistance 4/4

Stand Your Ground 5/5

Willpower 1

Utility - 19

Why max Stand Your Ground? How often are you getting hit by heavies? Take all of these out. Max Courage would be far better, allowing you +30% attack below 50%. So, using 40% revives becomes pretty sweet.

Petrify and Pacify won’t help you at all in ROL.

Also, 11 days?! That’s crazy. You won’t be able to do any other quest. Not worth it at all. It takes like roughly 3 hours with good 4-40 level champs, and much much faster with higher level champs.

I would focus on monthly EQs, arena, and story in order to at the very least do ROL with 5/50s. No need to put yourself through the suffering.

Edit: Oh! I see you finished! I should’ve read more of the thread. Congrats.

Ah ...

Point 7/

Offense - 21

Assassins 3/5

Defense - 19

Recovery 3/3

Physical Resistance 4/4

Stand Your Ground 5/5

Willpower 1

Utility - 19

Why max Stand Your Ground? How often are you getting hit by heavies? Take all of these out. Max Courage would be far better, allowing you +30% attack below 50%. So, using 40% revives becomes pretty sweet.

Agrees that I have to re-look at the mastery setup. Thanks for that pointer.

I kept thinking whether to remove petrify and pacify but good thing I had Archangel.

Now I am pondering to save units for deals or use it to get uncollected.
    ROL is still the only decent achievement in the game. Pure content without the money grab rubbish.

Congrats mate.
    edited May 2019

Get uncollected.

Start going after the solo rewards that offer 20% revives, farm WS for health pots (use starlord and pack the team with guardians for block proficiency) and bore yourself stupid with arena until you have enough units.

The collector is not as hard to deal with than one of the completion paths (5.2.4 maybe??) now that was a resource drain for me.

I took 5/50's plus a 5r2 quake for 5.2.6 so mine was not a shining example of roster depth and choice of awesome champs. The 5/50 hulk put in work against the collector, the rest got me there.

Start going after the solo rewards that offer 20% revives, farm WS for health pots (use starlord and pack the team with guardians for block proficiency) and bore yourself stupid with arena until you have enough units.

How much will be sufficient? I have 7k units currently.

Ah ...

Point 7/

Offense - 21

Assassins 3/5

Defense - 19

Recovery 3/3

Physical Resistance 4/4

Stand Your Ground 5/5

Willpower 1

Utility - 19

Agrees that I have to re-look at the mastery setup. Thanks for that pointer.

I kept thinking whether to remove petrify and pacify but good thing I had Archangel.

At the stage in the game you are at, all I it’s should be used for masteries and completing content. Uncollected is priority number 1 without question!
    edited May 2019

ROL is still the only decent achievement in the game. Pure content without the money grab rubbish.

Congrats mate.

No way. ROL is a great first milestone, but completely outdated in terms of difficulty. There has been far more interesting content, and tons of skill based achievements that far surpass ROL.

Not to diminish it. It’s an awesome and rewarding first milestone! I was so pumped when I did it. It remains a great piece of content, and an enjoyable piece of nostalgia. But certainly not the peak of gameplay in MCOC. That’s crazy. ROL is a testing ground. It’s basically a crash-test dummy as you’re reach further progression.

That’s a real nice stash, man. Nice work. Get a couple of those powerful masteries unlocked, and take the Collector down! Boom!
    Back to RoL, here is a very useful list of champs that can take on Wolverine.

7000 is heaps. Go and do it.