**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Which 5Star Mutant to Awaken - x23 or Night Crawler?

Hi all,

I have a 5* X-23 rank 4/55 & a 5* Night Crawler rank 2/35. I really need a duped 5* champ.
Should I use the awakening on them or wait it out?

Comments

• JohnLocke117JohnLocke117 Posts: 500 ★★★
    Wait it out. There are more champs who need a mutant AG than NC and X23. Both are pretty good unawakened.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Neither, x23 doesn’t need it and night crawler isn’t a good enough champ do it
  • swrajshahswrajshah Posts: 6
    edited May 2019
    Well a duped 5* can get 6* shards and also the champ rating will be up... I only have 1 5* champ duped and that one is Dormamu which sucks. Since I got mutant 5* awakening I thought maybe I can finally dupe another champ

• cUbA_LiBrEcUbA_LiBrE Posts: 1,123 Guardian
    edited May 2019
    That's not the reason why you should dupe a champ. You won't get 6 Star shards for using your awakening gem. You have to pull the same champion out of a crystal. And even an undupe champion will drop the shards for the first time dupe. Did you also use a gem on Dormammu?
    You use a gem to unlock the champions special ability. X-23 and NC don't have that great ability so you don't need to awaken them.
  • swrajshahswrajshah Posts: 6
    Oh I see, I didn't use Gem on Dormanu, got it through crystal.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    swrajshah said:

Hi all,

I have a 5* X-23 rank 4/55 & a 5* Night Crawler rank 2/35. I really need a duped 5* champ.
    Should I use the awakening on them or wait it out?

Why do you “need a duped 5* champ”? Just because?

Never use resources unless you NEED to. Awakening one of these champs helps you in what way exactly?

Honest question. Think about it.

Be patient. These champs are both good as is. That mutant gem could be a game changer in the near future. Trust me.
    Seems like everybody already said it for me.
    swrajshah said:

Well a duped 5* can get 6* shards and also the champ rating will be up... I only have 1 5* champ duped and that one is Dormamu which sucks. Since I got mutant 5* awakening I thought maybe I can finally dupe another champ

An awakening gem will not give you 6* shards. You need to awaken them by duping them.

Also, Dorm is sweet.