**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Class and Rarity Gates - Discussion Thread

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,034 ★★★★★
    @xNig your a beta tester Ikow you end gamer but wouldn’t you also won’t you stil stil se the furture with you rank5 5 star you work with ther just gone now.
  • TaZ_4178TaZ_4178 Posts: 506 ★★

Sociopath said:

we still have two more weeks of poop to go.

You must round down... There are 20 days left so 3 more weeks of this EndGame content.... Everything done except the weekly released stone quests and 100% exploration of beginner/normal. Rewards have be extremely minimal and the content extremely a bore this go.
    100% agree with you as I am in the same boat... literally just waiting on the next event...
  • Suros_moonSuros_moon Posts: 453 ★★★
    edited May 2019

MattMan said:

These gates and decisions like these will be the death of this game

They said that after 12.0 so....
    They also caved and compensated after 12.0 so false equivalency
    DNA3000 said:

Gamer said:

DNA3000 said:

Kaspy said:

So.... you said 5* and 6* shards have never been more accessible. I’m curious to what you are referring too?

I assume they are referring to the fact that it is easier to earn 5* and 6* shards now than at any other time in the past. If you can point to a time in the past when they were more available, I'd like to know when that was.

It is true that quest rewards haven't been updated since Uncollected was introduced in December of 2017. However, war rewards were updated with the introduction of seasons, alliance quest rewards have been increased multiple times including both glory rewards and the ability to buy 5* and 6* shards with glory. And the special events that come along seem to contain a literal fountain of 5* shards at least more than half the time. They also added 5* shards to the calendar to fill out the last few days. And that's on top of the increased ability to earn shards from the restructured arenas.

Some people will say that some of these things happened a while ago and not recently. But that's the entire point: as far back as you can go, there have been small but significant increases added to the game. Some recent, some further back, some even further back, because this keeps getting ratcheted upward. A slow but continuous ratchet upward is not going to have a huge number of increases all at once, it will have them spaced out over time, and at no time will there be a huge increase, but at no time will there be no increase for a long time either.
    That’s the problem. The msg the game team send out was to sais it becomes more common with is a bit of a lie. All depending of your luck in the game.
    Availability has nothing to do with luck. It is easier to get 5* and 6* champs now than in the past. That is not a bit of a lie, that is the absolute truth.
    Your right, but unfortunately it depends on the month. For example, take this month compared to the human torch side quest month. It's all relative to the month and the missions but overall all they need to do is buff the eq events and difficulty if necessary and just add more shards... problem kinda solved lol
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    AndiYTDE said:

TaZ_4178 said:

Sociopath said:

Well great job for listening to the community about the gate of no 4*'s in 6.1.
    *Dev team* "let's gate 6.2!
    Honestly I respect your transparency about this before release but listening to the community is certainly not your strongest attribute here.
    As for the more availability of 5/6* shards in content.. Have you no data on the last 4 weeks????
    I'm genuinely curious as this event has been God awful in rewards and we still have two more weeks of poop to go.
    In all honesty the gate does not effect me to much as I'll still be able to complete it, just not explore. But the reasoning behind this is almost delusions of grandeur.

In their defense, the community is extremely short-sided and wrong in almost every situation (at least the majority)
    Since my phone claims your comment was approved via the over lords... I'll simply say wtf are you talking about? I will give you the reward for Troll post of 2019 though! Great job, now stand up and take a bow!
    He isn't terribly wrong. The majority of the player base overreacts with every announcement unless it involves free stuff. Then tends to shut up once the content is released or changes made and because they realize it wasn't what they thought it was.
    Wrong. When the content is released there is no chance Kabam is going to make changes to it, so why would we waste our energy? And when changes are made before it releases people usually are happy with what is being changed (Like the Gifting Badge compenastion or the discussion about removing diversity).
    None of those two scenarios you´ve created imply that there is an overreaction. This is a forum, it´s meant to be a place where the community can exchange their feelings about the game. And when someone does not like a certain decision, they should say exactly that. There are some overreactions, ideed (Namesless Thanos) but this certainly isn´t one. The majority of the people who dislike the new gates have valid points.
    Weird that you say they don't change content after release.... They nerfed the Save the Battlerealm quest to where now it's not even a challenge even on epic. Yes it was too high but they lowered it way to much.

There is overreactions to every single UC EQ that comes out because people rush in and dont pay attention then come here to complain its a money grab.

People overreacted to losing the ability to gift not understanding what was actually happening and not caring that people were affected outside of the game.

People overreacted to the collector fight. Now its not a big deal.

People overreacted to 5.6.6 Ultron. Now its a non issue.

People overreacted to 6.1 but wasn't hard to complete without 4*'s.

It happens all the time. This community is and hard as Lil Tay.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Gamer said:

@xNig your a beta tester Ikow you end gamer but wouldn’t you also won’t you stil stil se the furture with you rank5 5 star you work with ther just gone now.

Yes, the 5* R5s that I worked with will be gone, same as the 4* R5s that I worked hard to rank up in the beginning.

Tyrannus said:

Do there it is content from Kabam miikes own words did end game players what about us mid tier

If you're in the mid tier (not yet Cavalier), this content is not targeted to you. There will come a day where 6-Star Champions are more readily accessible by mid-tier players, but that's not quite yet.
    Well at least I finally know who you guys consider as "EndGame" players now... thanks
  • Alex_sc11Alex_sc11 Posts: 191
    edited May 2019
    This may sound terrible for a lot of people but, and hear me out, could also turn out to be interesting and fun (I am not being sarcastic)

Take for example Variant 2 , how the nodes were made for us to use XL characters in order to go through without taking damage, but instead of being a P.I.T.A. Kabam also put on some nodes to make our XL fighters better and giving (imho) some of the most fun fights in the endgame play. Example: King Groot being a total beast in his specific quest. The challenge was still there and don’t mistake me, the quests are NOT EASY but the restrictions had a counteroffer for using characters one usually does not choose for this difficulty and that turn up to be a great idea!

I think that if Kabam go this way , making us use four mystic 6* characters in a team (Worst case scenario: 6 star loki , a 6 star iron fist, 6 star Thor Jane Foster , 6 Star guillotine) the nodes will be designed to have fun doing them with these characters.

Just my 2 cents
  • NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    As someone that has a decent 6* roster (have been blessed by the RNG gods) I'm looking forward to the content, but I totally get that it will be a major pain for most people. I think there are basically a few things kabam is trying to do:

1. For those that don't have the roster but want the rewards, they can brute force through it with cash.
    2. For those with mediocre to poor 6*, this forces them to decide to either rank those 6*, or just use them as place holders and bring one 5* God to clean house, either way, will probably result in more money spent boosting and reviving.

This is a kind of artificially forced progression, that will funnel resources to both obtaining 6* and then ranking them.

Wait until 7* champs come out ...
  • TreininTreinin Posts: 208 ★★★
    I've come around on this one. My gut reaction was "Damn this is too far!", but on sober second thought I am really looking forward to this. I tend to stick with the same team of champs for almost all content, and this will at least force me to play around a bit with some of my lesser used champions. I don't have a great 6* roster - Rulk is my best one and it falls off pretty heavily from there, but I expect the content will be tuned such that you don't need 1 specific 6*, but just that you need to be able to play reasonably well and have 4 6*s in your roster.

I am going to look at it as an opportunity to fall in love with new parts of my roster, and take a break from hitting that Domino heavy over and over.

As always, we should really wait and see what the content looks like before getting too up in arms.

My only wish is that it was coming sooner... if we don't get something added to the current month I may die of boredom before June arrives.

• QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 799 ★★★★
    I'd be fine with the gating requirements if Kabam's statement about having more access to 6* shards were true but that's a flat out lie.

Let take a look at it:

UC monthly - 2500
    5* arena - 200 per arena = 1600 per month
    Assume you make at least Gold 1 in war - 1000 but it's a 6 week cycle = 666

That totals 4766 shards per month that one can get via normal methods. That means I need to dupe 20 5* in order to make up the difference. That means I am not getting a 6* once per month which is about right since I get one about every 2 months.

I've also purchased about 30 Cavalier crystals and have gotten 1 6* from it. Lucky RNG on my part but....I got Sentry.

Kabam needs to find a way to add 6* to more content and not in their crappy offers.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

TaZ_4178 said:

Tyrannus said:

Do there it is content from Kabam miikes own words did end game players what about us mid tier

If you're in the mid tier (not yet Cavalier), this content is not targeted to you. There will come a day where 6-Star Champions are more readily accessible by mid-tier players, but that's not quite yet.
    Well at least I finally know who you guys consider as "EndGame" players now... thanks
    Truthfully, a lot of people here who consider themselves “end game” aren’t really “end game”.
    Are you considered endgame if you have the right roster to get through content? Because that seems to be the majority of the players who are "end game." Unless I am mistaken. This announcement would be ok if it was in conjunction with more ways to achieve either 5 or 6* shards (which was abysmal this month), or a way to get specific champions within a reasonable time period.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Probably one of my best chances for a legends run on story content but I just don't have those kinds of time blocks to smash something like that out that quickly
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    This whole argument about needing the right roster is ridiculous. If you're beholden to a list of above god tier and won't rank anything else, thats on you.

I cleared 100% of lol with AA (post neuro stun fix) & Corvus. Did it cost more units than if I waited for the right team? Damn right it did. So I had to grind a lot more of arena, oh well.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Treinin said:

I've come around on this one. My gut reaction was "Damn this is too far!", but on sober second thought I am really looking forward to this. I tend to stick with the same team of champs for almost all content, and this will at least force me to play around a bit with some of my lesser used champions. I don't have a great 6* roster - Rulk is my best one and it falls off pretty heavily from there, but I expect the content will be tuned such that you don't need 1 specific 6*, but just that you need to be able to play reasonably well and have 4 6*s in your roster.

I am going to look at it as an opportunity to fall in love with new parts of my roster, and take a break from hitting that Domino heavy over and over.

As always, we should really wait and see what the content looks like before getting too up in arms.

My only wish is that it was coming sooner... if we don't get something added to the current month I may die of boredom before June arrives.

Let the boredom sink in my friend 😂
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Apologies if this is in the first 300 posts, @Kabam Miike but are these gates for 5-star champs only or 5-star and up? Given that 6-star champs can progress beyond maxed 5-stars, if it’s fhe former, it seems like the equivalent of forcing us to bring 4-stars only to finish part of 5.4.6
  • Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 465 ★★★

TaZ_4178 said:

Sociopath said:

Well great job for listening to the community about the gate of no 4*'s in 6.1.
    *Dev team* "let's gate 6.2!
    Honestly I respect your transparency about this before release but listening to the community is certainly not your strongest attribute here.
    As for the more availability of 5/6* shards in content.. Have you no data on the last 4 weeks????
    I'm genuinely curious as this event has been God awful in rewards and we still have two more weeks of poop to go.
    In all honesty the gate does not effect me to much as I'll still be able to complete it, just not explore. But the reasoning behind this is almost delusions of grandeur.

In their defense, the community is extremely short-sided and wrong in almost every situation (at least the majority)
    Since my phone claims your comment was approved via the over lords... I'll simply say wtf are you talking about? I will give you the reward for Troll post of 2019 though! Great job, now stand up and take a bow!
    He isn't terribly wrong. The majority of the player base overreacts with every announcement unless it involves free stuff. Then tends to shut up once the content is released or changes made and because they realize it wasn't what they thought it was.
    They dont "shut up" cause they realize it wasnt as bad as they say it was.

They just get tired of giving feedback to Kabam that it continues to ignore. The complaining stops cause it isnt accomplishing anything

And what is your personal stake in all this. You always take criticism of Kabam so personal and act hostile to anyone who criticizes anything about the game.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

Apologies if this is in the first 300 posts, @Kabam Miike but are these gates for 5-star champs only or 5-star and up? Given that 6-star champs can progress beyond maxed 5-stars, if it’s fhe former, it seems like the equivalent of forcing us to bring 4-stars only to finish part of 5.4.6

This may be responsive to your question.

Dr. Zola
  • J0NisCOOLJ0NisCOOL Posts: 115
    TaZ_4178 said:

Tyrannus said:

Yeah, it is pretty clear you’re not there yet. Why are you hostile when you’re not ready for this content anyway?
  • BurroBurro Posts: 82
    DNA3000 said:

Kaspy said:

So.... you said 5* and 6* shards have never been more accessible. I’m curious to what you are referring too?

I assume they are referring to the fact that it is easier to earn 5* and 6* shards now than at any other time in the past. If you can point to a time in the past when they were more available, I'd like to know when that was.

It is true that quest rewards haven't been updated since Uncollected was introduced in December of 2017. However, war rewards were updated with the introduction of seasons, alliance quest rewards have been increased multiple times including both glory rewards and the ability to buy 5* and 6* shards with glory. And the special events that come along seem to contain a literal fountain of 5* shards at least more than half the time. They also added 5* shards to the calendar to fill out the last few days. And that's on top of the increased ability to earn shards from the restructured arenas.

Some people will say that some of these things happened a while ago and not recently. But that's the entire point: as far back as you can go, there have been small but significant increases added to the game. Some recent, some further back, some even further back, because this keeps getting ratcheted upward. A slow but continuous ratchet upward is not going to have a huge number of increases all at once, it will have them spaced out over time, and at no time will there be a huge increase, but at no time will there be no increase for a long time either.
    Eh pretty sure you can’t buy 5* and 6* shards with glory. The shards from the calendar have almost no impact. 750 shards this month isn’t even 10% of a 5* crystal. I don’t disagree that 5* shards are more available than in the past, but until we can use shards to get a specific champ or even a champ from a specific class it won’t matter with regards to the gates. Players are artificially restricted by RNG. Cutoffs for the 5* arena are ridiculous so not really a viable solution for getting specific champs.

The gates won’t have an impact on me personally since my 5* roster is stacked and my 6* roster is decent. But their decision and reasoning is just stupid and they are pushing more and more people out of the game. Since this announcement 2 guys I have played with for a long time, both big spenders, have decided to quit playing. When MCOC goes away, it will be decisions like this and not fixing actual issues with the game that will be to blame.