**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why did they make Cap a lefty?

I’ve always wondered why in the game cap is left handed but in the comics/movies he’s right handed. Is this just something the developers overlooked?

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    He is right handed in the game ... or at least he uses his shield in the right arm.
    When fightning against someone, the image is always reversed, and that's why a Cap in the opponents team is left handed
  • DarthCyleDarthCyle Posts: 2

He is right handed in the game ... or at least he uses his shield in the right arm.
    When fightning against someone, the image is always reversed, and that's why a Cap in the opponents team is left handed

Lol that makes no sense. Think about what you just said...if that’s the case then everyone else in the game is left handed lmao

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    DarthCyle said:

Lol that makes no sense. Think about what you just said...if that’s the case then everyone else in the game is left handed lmao

Well ... yes? Every playable champion that can be found on defense is both right and left handed, deppending on the scenario
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    I don't even know what he's talking about tbh. When playing cap I've always seen him be right handed
  • ljballer22ljballer22 Posts: 151

I don't even know what he's talking about tbh. When playing cap I've always seen him be right handed

I think what TC is stating is that in the champion display screen, Cap holds his shield in his right hand. For the most part, every time you see Cap he carries his shield in his left hand. However, there are times in the comics that you'll see Cap hold his shield in his right hand as well.

It's been said before Kabam Universe doesn't always equal Comic book / Marvel Movie Universe.

• LordBeaverbrokeLordBeaverbroke Posts: 285 ★★
    edited May 2019
    The Cap you fight with is right-handed. the Cap you fight is left-handed. This is true for all champions, except for Taskmaster, who holds his sword in his left hand when you play him, and in his right hand when you fight him.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,602 Guardian
    Bucky's bionic arm, Aegon's missing arm, etc.. displayed as attacker vs defender are always mirror images during a fight, so they will always appear to be “wrong” on either one side or the other in a fight.

Cap's shield I could agree that he (in the comics/movies) probably would switch it up depending what he is doing. Using shield for blocking purposes (normal shield use) would be in one hand, but he could maybe be using his dominant hand when he is flinging his shield as a projectile at someone (don't know for sure that’s what he does, but would make sense).
  • ManChildManChild Posts: 608 ★★★
    You’re worried about cap and others being left or right handed... where does rocket keep all those parts to his gun?!?!? That’s bothering me and has been..... unsanitary to say the least.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,793 ★★★★★
    ManChild said:

You’re worried about cap and others being left or right handed... where does rocket keep all those parts to his gun?!?!? That’s bothering me and has been..... unsanitary to say the least.

where does Gamora get her gun and sword from? Where do Punisher and Winter Soldier get their guns from? Where does Magik get her sword from?

answer: hammer-space.
  • Closing this down since it's been answered. Thanks, gang!
This discussion has been closed.