**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Domino breaking blocks

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,956 ★★★★★

Haji_Saab said:

Lormif said:

Haji_Saab said:

I see two sides, both being right but not listening to each other or not knowing Domino's block break history...

When Domino was introduced she could "break" your block .. but what she was actually doing was that she was punishing your attempt to dex out of her medium. As it was two hits, the first ever initial medium hit to have 2 hits, it caught people in that dex and this appeared to be "block break".

Then Kabam decided to "fix" that. And you were able to dex out of it like any other champ.

Enters 22.0, Domino has gone back to her original state. You can avoid her from breaking blocks by holding onto the block until she has finished the 2nd hit. However, Kabam took it as a bug earlier, so it is reasonable to assume that this is a bug. Equally knowing its Kabam, they can just state that this is the intended behaviour. :smiley:

So you are actually saying she never broke block.... Also it has always been hard, if not impossible to dex out of her second hit, that is not new, because her second hit comes faster than a normal hit. Also can you please link to where they listed it as a bug?

Search for Domino Block break and read the thread in July, August 2018 ... here is one example with Kabam comment on it being fixed...

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/82652/domino-block-break-update
    Or read the patch notes.

Bug Fixes:
    - Made adjustments to Domino's double hit Medium Attack to prevent Champions from releasing their block too early, bringing it in line with other Champions' double hit attacks.
    This was the problem. It was an illusion of breaking a block but the speed of her medium was the problem.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    The division here is fairly simple, prespective.

Haji_Saab said:

Lormif said:

Haji_Saab said:

I see two sides, both being right but not listening to each other or not knowing Domino's block break history...

When Domino was introduced she could "break" your block .. but what she was actually doing was that she was punishing your attempt to dex out of her medium. As it was two hits, the first ever initial medium hit to have 2 hits, it caught people in that dex and this appeared to be "block break".

Then Kabam decided to "fix" that. And you were able to dex out of it like any other champ.

Enters 22.0, Domino has gone back to her original state. You can avoid her from breaking blocks by holding onto the block until she has finished the 2nd hit. However, Kabam took it as a bug earlier, so it is reasonable to assume that this is a bug. Equally knowing its Kabam, they can just state that this is the intended behaviour. :smiley:

So you are actually saying she never broke block.... Also it has always been hard, if not impossible to dex out of her second hit, that is not new, because her second hit comes faster than a normal hit. Also can you please link to where they listed it as a bug?

Search for Domino Block break and read the thread in July, August 2018 ... here is one example with Kabam comment on it being fixed...

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/82652/domino-block-break-update
    Or read the patch notes.

Bug Fixes:
    - Made adjustments to Domino's double hit Medium Attack to prevent Champions from releasing their block too early, bringing it in line with other Champions' double hit attacks.
    This was the problem. It was an illusion of breaking a block but the speed of her medium was the problem.
    Well, yes and no. If you expect, based on past experience, to be locked into blocking regardless of finger movement and you are no longer locked into blocking unless you hold your finger down it could easily be described as a block break and not a block break at the same time.
    Rabanga said:

Haji_Saab said:

Lormif said:

Haji_Saab said:

Or read the patch notes.

Bug Fixes:
    So can't that be the problem again? I've seen this a few times myself and I'm pretty sure I'm not trying to evade when it happens.
    I'm not saying its not the same problem and in fact earlier in this thread I did say its possible her medium hit might be what it was originally but she doesn't actually cause you to stop block or make contact through the block.

Haji_Saab said:

Lormif said:

Haji_Saab said:

Or read the patch notes.

Bug Fixes:
    Well, yes and no. If you expect, based on past experience, to be locked into blocking regardless of finger movement and you are no longer locked into blocking unless you hold your finger down it could easily be described as a block break and not a block break at the same time.
    I've been saying its perspective the entire time. There are a few combos where you dex out of in the middle if you are fast enough. Theres only 2 champs that I can think of with a double hit attack and that's Domino and Drax. I might be incorrect though and happily admit it. Dominos animation is faster. We get used to trying to dex out of combos that we do it inadvertently during a fight.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

Lormif said:

Haji_Saab said:

You should read it again, it does not say what you think it does. It says:

Hey All,

We've already pushed a "band-aid" fix for this, and are working on something much more permanent for the future. Most of the reports of this have become much more rare, except for the occurence of trying dash back from a block and getting hit by her 2-hit Medium Attack.

Meaning the evasion and getting his was not a problem, the block being released too soon was.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Haji_Saab said:

Lormif said:

Haji_Saab said:

Hey All,

We've already pushed a "band-aid" fix for this, and are working on something much more permanent for the future. Most of the reports of this have become much more rare, except for the occurence of trying dash back from a block and getting hit by her 2-hit Medium Attack.

Meaning the evasion and getting his was not a problem, the block being released too soon was.
    You asked for a link showing it described as a bug. The one Haji linked alludes to it being a bug and the one I showed is listed under bug fixes.

Lormif said:

Haji_Saab said:

Lormif said:

Haji_Saab said:

Hey All,

You asked for a link showing it described as a bug. The one Haji linked alludes to it being a bug and the one I showed is listed under bug fixes.
    if you read my statement I was clearly refering to trying to evade the hit of the 2 hit combo.
  • LajiLaji Posts: 11
    Tier 7 node 23... it’s not a block break so much as a slight pause between her double attack dash. It’s caught me several times... just don’t depend on it. Take the block damage hold block until she sets for a heavy and don’t trust in parry.
  • ManiacalMeManiacalMe Posts: 57
    We are holding block. I’m not releasing block. I’m not stupid. I know you can’t evade her combo. It’s busting the block. Guaranteed. I’ll record every time I face her from now on to see if I can replicate it.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019

Haji_Saab said:

Lormif said:

Haji_Saab said:

Or read the patch notes.

Bug Fixes:
    I've been saying its perspective the entire time. There are a few combos where you dex out of in the middle if you are fast enough. Theres only 2 champs that I can think of with a double hit attack and that's Domino and Drax. I might be incorrect though and happily admit it. Dominos animation is faster. We get used to trying to dex out of combos that we do it inadvertently during a fight.
    This is exactly it. With an established muscle memory of trying to dex out of combos established through fights with other champions, you simply cannot do it against Domino. In addition to her double first hit that will snag you with the 2nd hit, she also has a base 15% Ability Accuracy reduction. If you are Unlucky, then you have a 100% chance to fail at evade/dex attempts.

If you genuinely hold block and let her run her course, she DOES NOT break any block. She's never broken mine.

We are holding block. I’m not releasing block. I’m not stupid. I know you can’t evade her combo. It’s busting the block. Guaranteed. I’ll record every time I face her from now on to see if I can replicate it.

If it was guaranteed then why would you need to see if you can replicate it, replicating it should be guaranteed. Snark aside make sure you have touch tracking enabled.
  • Archit_Tandon498Archit_Tandon498 Posts: 325 ★★
    Lormif said:

If it was guaranteed then why would you need to see if you can replicate it, replicating it should be guaranteed. Snark aside make sure you have touch tracking enabled.
    You can block the spidey L1 if you block the first punch and release block. The champions are locked into block. It should be consistent across the board. Let's just say she is not breaking block. But her being not the same as others is a bug. It needs to be fixed .
  • Loco24x7Loco24x7 Posts: 68
    Just in another long list of issues. Also more recently when she is a boss in AW she block breaks a lot. Also a new issue happen to me I SP2 her and she got up so fast by the time she was back in my face punching this happen with her vs Corvus of course there was a block break.
    edited May 2019
    Loco24x7 said:

Just in another long list of issues. Also more recently when she is a boss in AW she block breaks a lot. Also a new issue happen to me I SP2 her and she got up so fast by the time she was back in my face punching this happen with her vs Corvus of course there was a block break.

"Happens a lot", yet still no proof.
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    I have tried this myself, i can't reproduce any block breaking. Did quite a few fights with domino and literally just held block and then dex heavies. I did this when i was unlucky as well and again if i'm holding block it doesn't get broken.

What has changed though is the ability to dex her second attack is a lot harder. I used to be able to do this without much issue. Sometimes i would mis time it and get hit. Since the changes in last two patches I have hardly managed to do this, the AI seems too quick for me to react now quick enough to dex. So i just don't bother to try dexing her second hit on medium.

If people are adamant that they are holding block and she is breaking it, then you are going to have to post a video and let them know the device ou are using, as it doesn't appear to be affecting everyone.
    Bidzy7 said:

I have tried this myself, i can't reproduce any block breaking. Did quite a few fights with domino and literally just held block and then dex heavies. I did this when i was unlucky as well and again if i'm holding block it doesn't get broken.

What has changed though is the ability to dex her second attack is a lot harder. I used to be able to do this without much issue. Sometimes i would mis time it and get hit. Since the changes in last two patches I have hardly managed to do this, the AI seems too quick for me to react now quick enough to dex. So i just don't bother to try dexing her second hit on medium.

If people are adamant that they are holding block and she is breaking it, then you are going to have to post a video and let them know the device ou are using, as it doesn't appear to be affecting everyone.

This is likely the culprit. It's most likely that her medium somehow got reverted back to how it was before they adjusted it.
  • Archit_Tandon498Archit_Tandon498 Posts: 325 ★★

Bidzy7 said:

This is likely the culprit. It's most likely that her medium somehow got reverted back to how it was before they adjusted it.
    You mean she needs to get fixed now?

Bidzy7 said:

You mean she needs to get fixed now?
    I'm not sure if she's broken or not. I'm saying if there is anything wrong its more likely her medium was reverted back. I can't see any difference in her now vs before. But I stand by that she doesn't break blocks.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I’ve noticed recently that Domino seems to be block breaking like she used to when she was first released. I wanted to check here if anyone has noticed the same thing, but I’m pretty sure she is bugged because I’ve talked to multiple people that have also been experiencing this issue.
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    If you continue to hold block and not try to dash back she will not “break your block”. It only happens when you try and parry/block her first hit and dash back right after. You are dropping your block and she is hitting you before you can dex back since the second hit is so quick. It’s a user error. Stop trying to evade back and just hold block. Also why are you blocking her anyways. She’s super easy to dex her first hit and dash in after the double medium.
  • NikhilNikhil Posts: 101

So have you snuck in the ability for domino to block break or is this a bug? Because it seriously never happens when I’m using domino but when I’m facing her in war or anywhere and I accidentally parry trying to dash back, or if I just block, she’s breaking my block on the second gunshot every single time and wrecking me. This cannot be as intended. If it is, how come my domino never does that?

Also, am I the only one that cares about nebulas s2 not connecting with the second to last hit almost every time? So many bugs going on can we get them acknowledged again?

I experienced this, but this is not an bug, bus result of our habbit.
    Usually, whenever an opponent dash towards you and you hold back, after the dash attack is blocked, the opponent may hit with further light attacks or go for an heavy.
    As we played this game for years, have gone into habbit to be ready to go back, ready to avoid getting hit with the heavy attack.
    However, domiono's dash attack has 2 hits and we tend to lose tiny bit of our block for going back if opponent go for heavy.
    After i realised this, i practiced with domino, and each time i block her dash attack, i pressed block tight until the 2nd hit of dash. After this, the block breaking problem never occured.
  • Snerp_CitySnerp_City Posts: 25
    Haha all you guys are funny. If this is not a bug then why did it happened before and Kabam had to fix it. In version release 20.0 it stats - Made adjustments to Domino's double hit Medium Attack to prevent Champions from releasing their block too early, bringing it in line with other Champions' double hit attacks.

There have been no complaints till recently so the question is, is the 20.0 a bug of a bug and it is fixed now and working as intended and the players were just lucky till now or has this bug reappeared like many others. We don't know because Kabam has never acknowledged if this is not working now.
  • ManiacalMeManiacalMe Posts: 57

Haha all you guys are funny. If this is not a bug then why did it happened before and Kabam had to fix it. In version release 20.0 it stats - Made adjustments to Domino's double hit Medium Attack to prevent Champions from releasing their block too early, bringing it in line with other Champions' double hit attacks.

There have been no complaints till recently so the question is, is the 20.0 a bug of a bug and it is fixed now and working as intended and the players were just lucky till now or has this bug reappeared like many others. We don't know because Kabam has never acknowledged if this is not working now.

Weird how it doesn’t say “to prevent summoners from releasing their block to early” it says from “champions releasing their block to early”.

Does that mean it’s a bug related to our champions reaction? Idk guys. Does her medium bring us out of our block overriding our control?

Weird how it doesn’t say “to prevent summoners from releasing their block to early” it says from “champions releasing their block to early”.

Does that mean it’s a bug related to our champions reaction? Idk guys. Does her medium bring us out of our block overriding our control?
    No. You come out of your block to early. The bug was always that her medium animations were too quick. She wasnt EVER breaking blocks.
    The bug was the double medium. Plain and simple. Blocks were never broken.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

The bug was the double medium. Plain and simple. Blocks were never broken.

In the past you were able to actually attack into the block of the defending champ and “break” it. It was pretty OP. Now it is only happening in reverse, so whether it’s actually breaking the block or not that’s basically what it feels like.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I completely agree with @Demonzfyre

If you hold block, Domino does NOT break it. Ever. End of story.

However, if you block the first hit of her medium and try to do any other input (such as dex out or fire a special attack), her 2nd hit will hit you because your champ dropped their block attempting that other input.

Against literally every other champ, you can Block-dex your way out of combos if you dashed back after blocking the first hit. This works against every champ with a single-hit medium.

Domino and Drax are the only champs with a double-hit medium, but the difference is that these two have different timings between the two hits. You can dash-out of Drax's combo but cannot against Domino because her next hit seems to "recover" faster.

IMO, this is similar to the same "bug" that Drax and AA used to bypass Mordo's astral evade.

So yes, Domino is bugged with her double-hit timing. But no, she is not breaking blocks.
  • FitzhueFitzhue Posts: 15
    Well this thread has been completely overrun by people complaining about the semantics of other people. Which is a shame, because this is actually an issue.

Doesn't matter what you call it. It's an issue that was fixed months ago and now it's back.

What gets me is that it's been a month, there have been several threads created on this, and we haven't gotten a single administrator even acknowledge it. My post was merged into this thread, but never commented on.

So was this a mistake that you guys are looking into, or did you change it back on purpose?