**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Resources Needed (Suggestions on getting each)

BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
I have the ambitious goal of getting a number of my 5*s to particular ranks. See this link ( https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/139003/here-is-my-5-roster) for my 5* Roster.

My goal is to get my Doc Ock to Rank 3, Spider-Gwen to Rank 4, Luke Cage to Rank 4, Iceman to Rank 5, and Vision (OG) to Rank 4.
5*s Current Rank and Level
- Doc Ock Rank 1 Level 25
- Spider-Gwen Rank 1 Level 25
- Luke Cage Rank 1 Level 25
- Iceman Rank 3 Level 45
- Vision Rank 2 Level 35
-
To accomplish this goal I need the following resources:
Tier 4 Basic = 46 Needed
Tier 1 Alpha = 65 Needed
Tier 3 Science = 6 Needed
Tier 3 Tech = 3 Needed
Tier 4 Tech = 12 Needed
Tier 4 Science = 16 Needed
Tier 4 Mutant = 10 Needed
Tier 2 Alpha = 6 Needed

Feel free to share your best tips and advice to get the resources. The only thing I haven't posted is the amount of gold needed, but currently not having trouble accumulating gold. Thank you in advance!

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,863 ★★★★★
    Couple of questions...
    1. When are you trying to have this done by?
    2. What map AQ are you playing?
    3. Where are you at on content completion like LoL, act 5 and 6 etc.
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★

Couple of questions...

I'm hoping within the next 6 months. I need to double check on the AQ Map, but I believe Map 4 is correct. As far as the content completion I need to finish the last two chapters of RTTL, need to finish LOL, Act 4, Act 5, and Act 6. I also need to do both Variants.

Hope this helps answer the questions. :)

bust out the credit card

No way, I'm a F2P. I don't want the game to become Contest of Credit Cards.
  • TheVyrusTheVyrus Posts: 418 ★★★
    Play, play, play. It is just going to take time. I would start with the easiest content and work up, as you finish they will provide some and eventually more and more of your needs.
    Don't use them on any champ you do not intend to use through your progression, but do not get married to any particular champ either, you may pull something you prefer while going through this gathering phase.

Couple of questions...

I'm hoping within the next 6 months. I need to double check on the AQ Map, but I believe Map 4 is correct. As far as the content completion I need to finish the last two chapters of RTTL, need to finish LOL, Act 4, Act 5, and Act 6. I also need to do both Variants.

Hope this helps answer the questions. :)
    Well map 4 won't help a lot in terms of T4 cats. If you can get to map 5, you'll do a lot better on T4 cat resources. Plus the glory helps buy things like T1A and T2A.

If you haven't done easy path of LoL that will net a ton of what you are looking for.

Make sure you are at least doing 1 run through master each time thats 3 T1A each time.

There is a solo objectives that gives up to 3 or 4 T4B and some class cats for doing certain daily quests.

6 months is pretty ambitious. Its going to take you playing damn near each moment of the day you have and a ton of energy.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    How much units do you have now? Perhaps grind arena to get units and wait for 4th July offer.
    If you can afford to make a run through either Variant you might gets some rankup gems that could help replace some of those missing rewards as well.
  • Thekiller8967Thekiller8967 Posts: 322 ★★
    edited May 2019

I have the ambitious goal of getting a number of my 5*s to particular ranks. See this link ( https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/139003/here-is-my-5-roster) for my 5* Roster.

My goal is to get my Doc Ock to Rank 3, Spider-Gwen to Rank 4, Luke Cage to Rank 4, Iceman to Rank 5, and Vision (OG) to Rank 4.
    5*s Current Rank and Level
    - Doc Ock Rank 1 Level 25
    - Spider-Gwen Rank 1 Level 25
    - Luke Cage Rank 1 Level 25
    - Iceman Rank 3 Level 45
    - Vision Rank 2 Level 35
    -
    To accomplish this goal I need the following resources:
    Tier 4 Basic = 46 Needed
    Tier 1 Alpha = 65 Needed
    Tier 3 Science = 6 Needed
    Tier 3 Tech = 3 Needed
    Tier 4 Tech = 12 Needed
    Tier 4 Science = 16 Needed
    Tier 4 Mutant = 10 Needed
    Tier 2 Alpha = 6 Needed

Feel free to share your best tips and advice to get the resources. The only thing I haven't posted is the amount of gold needed, but currently not having trouble accumulating gold. Thank you in advance!

I hate to burst your bubble but, I think you've been misinformed on ranking materials. You want 4 r4 5* and then to r5 one of them. Well it's 4 t2a per r4 5* and 6 for your ice man to r5.
    So that's 18 t2a
    2 t5bc.
    Even if you just want to r4 ice man that's still 12 t2a

100% act 4(thats 4 right there) and take advantage of any opportunity to get t2a no matter how small it really starts adding up. As for class cats glory and eq.

Current (Rank & Level) (Goal)
    - Doc Ock Rank 1 Level 25 -----> Doc Ock Rank 3 Level 45
    - Spider-Gwen Rank 1 Level 25 ---> Spider-Gwen Rank 4 Level 55
    - Luke Cage Rank 1 Level 25 ---> Luke Cage Rank 4 Level 55
    - Iceman Rank 3 Level 45 ---> Iceman Rank 5 Level 65
    - Vision Rank 2 Level 35 ---> Vision Rank 4 Level 55

I see the error, I should have put 18 Tier 2 Alphas and Tier 5 Basic X 2. Thank you for pointing that out.
    Just scanned my resources and here is my current inventory:

Tier 1 Basic = 15/15
    Tier 2 Basic = 1/15
    Tier 3 Basic = 2/15
    Tier 4 Basic = 3/11

Tier 1 Cosmic = 1/4
    Tier 2 Cosmic = 2/6
    Tier 3 Cosmic = 6/6
    Tier 4 Cosmic = 3/8

Tier 1 Mutant = 1/4
    Tier 2 Mutant = 3/6
    Tier 3 Mutant = 5/6
    Tier 4 Mutant = 0/8

Tier 1 Skill = 1/4
    Tier 2 Skill = 1/6
    Tier 3 Skill = 6/6
    Tier 4 Skill = 2/8

Tier 1 Science = 1/4
    Tier 2 Science = 1/6
    Tier 3 Science = 3/6
    Tier 4 Science = 3/8

Tier 1 Mystic = 4/4
    Tier 2 Mystic = 1/6
    Tier 3 Mystic = 6/6
    Tier 4 Mystic = 2/8

Tier 1 Tech = 1/4
    Tier 2 Tech = 0/6
    Tier 3 Tech = 2/6
    Tier 4 Tech = 2/8

Tier 1 Alpha = 5/12
    Tier 2 Alpha = 3/9

My 6 month goal is way too ambitious. I am going to reassess this. :)
    Depending on which are duped, focus on 2. You have some decent resources. Maybe go for R4 Doc Ock now and work on finishing content. Spider Gwen is good as well.