**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why can we not sell 5* Champions?

Yeah yeah, I know that every ‘wise’ player says that we shouldn’t sell our 5* champions, but I just pulled a 5* Phoenix and I’d like to sell her.
My point is, I think that the decision to sell champions should be up to the Summoner, and we should be allowed to do so. If you’ve made 6* shards ‘readily-available’, I think selling 5* should be an option.
No one would be forced to sell them, but the option should be there.

Comments

• TheVyrusTheVyrus Posts: 418 ★★★
    They said they would ending it permanently. I would guess because they are very relevant to the game. Lets be honest if it came back, people would find a way to exploit again. Remember in school when a couple of kids would ruin something for everyone? Same concept here.
  • Ctleath_013Ctleath_013 Posts: 416 ★★
    I must admit it it... it doesn’t make sense to be able to sell everything, but not 5*s and 6* s. I know people who would readily sell a 5 star they don’t like.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    It’s to avoid people accidentally selling 5*s or being hacked and having them sold. Being stuck with a 5* Iron Patriot is a lot better than having your 5* 5/65 Domino sold.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    i can see it from both end but i would rather have the freedom of selling a champ i don't want than to be stuck with it at rank 1 just sitting there atlease i can get a few 6 star shards i don't care what people say i sell crappy 4 stars, i have 92 5 star champ now and most of them came from me selling my 4 star for shards not only that most my top 5 stars are duped, omega, domino, void, stark spidey , blade, ghost, if i'm close to a 5 star and i have crappy 4 star ill sell that crappy 4 star. I'm not telling anyone to do what i do but i'm happy to have the choice to do so with the 4 star and wish the same was for 5 stars.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

Clydania said:

"Never sell you champions" they say
    Back in the day when i was about to open my 4th ever 5* crystal, I was on 9,999 shards so I sold X-force deadpool
    Got a Blade

Sold 4* Kamala Khan one time. Guess who I got? 5* Kamala Khan.

It's a risk that you'd be smarter not to take.
    I did that. Only ever sold 3 times. First time, I sold 5 base level 4*s to get my first 5*. Sold a Mags, rolled a Mags. Second time was Vision, just before his buff. Had to Grind to get him back. The last time was after that, and I never sold again. It's counterproductive. Some will say it's more lucrative, but not over time. Part of the game is getting what you don't want.
  • DEMON_SPAWNDEMON_SPAWN Posts: 14

Clydania said:

"Never sell you champions" they say
    Back in the day when i was about to open my 4th ever 5* crystal, I was on 9,999 shards so I sold X-force deadpool
    Got a Blade

Sold 4* Kamala Khan one time. Guess who I got? 5* Kamala Khan.

It's a risk that you'd be smarter not to take.
    Same here pulled a 4* Kamala and instantly sold her, That pushed me over to get a 5* and BAM! 5* Kamala
  • MaizzenMaizzen Posts: 2
    Doesnt make any sense for kabam to be able to dictate the champs I can sell and the ones I cant. After all they are mine and if I want to move on from the **** right now instead of waiting for more shards I should be able to @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Maizzen said:

Doesnt make any sense for kabam to be able to dictate the champs I can sell and the ones I cant. After all they are mine and if I want to move on from the **** right now instead of waiting for more shards I should be able to @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos

It is entirely within reasonableness for Kabam to take away an option from the game that the players were opening too many support tickets to complain about misusing. If the data showed that the number of players who were actually selling 5* champs willingly was far, far lower than the number of players opening tickets to ask for that sale to be reversed, I would have recommended that action myself.

The argument that "they are mine" is invalid for many reasons, but the most relevant one is that even if you consider the champs yours, you should then believe the game and its rules are Kabam's, and the right to eliminate an excessive number of support tickets is also theirs to exercise.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    You also cant sell t2A. I had a problem around xmas with this because i wasnt even level 50 yet and I purchased a bunch of gifting crystals. You can only hold a few in inventory at that level and the rest went to the stash. I ended up losing them because i couldnt sell them or use them. Wish i had them now!
  • ahock101ahock101 Posts: 118
    I want to sell my 6 star deadpool xforce...
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

We weighed a few options here, and the amount of people that were legitimately selling 5-Star Champions vs the amount of Summoners that did it by accident and needed it reversed was far too low. Even now that 6-Star Champions are available, we have no plan to change this.

As for the consistency of it, we did discuss ending the sale of 4-Star Champions as well, but we quickly put a stop to that discussion.

Simple fix to that would be to add an Option in Settings for being able/unable to Sell Champions, that way for those that don't want Champions getting Sold by Accident they can disable the option entirely and those that do want to Sell Champions can leave it on.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    There r plenty of things that need fixed in the game before i want kabam worrying about adding options in settings to sell champs or not. Lets start with the bugs and actually testing before releasing content.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Maizzen said:

Actually they are not yours and the account is not yours they are owned by kabam you just get to play with them.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    I see that people smashed the disagree button not that there is anything to disagree with I stated a fact not an opinion.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    A way around the misuse of selling 5 or 6* champs would be to require the account owner to put in their login details, and require a separate pin code to also be registered like a 2 step authentication. That way you'd have to put in your email, password, and verification pin before even being able to sell a champ. Make it so the decisions are final as well and that it cannot be reversed once its sold, even by support. That way even if some people were account sharing (I do not condone account sharing by the way), without the pin code there would be no way that a champ could be sold without the express consent of the account owner.

Buuuuuut that's probably a lot more work than they'd want to put in for a feature that would benefit some people in getting more 6* shards......
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★

i can see it from both end but i would rather have the freedom of selling a champ i don't want than to be stuck with it at rank 1 just sitting there atlease i can get a few 6 star shards i don't care what people say i sell crappy 4 stars, i have 92 5 star champ now and most of them came from me selling my 4 star for shards not only that most my top 5 stars are duped, omega, domino, void, stark spidey , blade, ghost, if i'm close to a 5 star and i have crappy 4 star ill sell that crappy 4 star. I'm not telling anyone to do what i do but i'm happy to have the choice to do so with the 4 star and wish the same was for 5 stars.

If you’d kept all those 4*’s getting dupes and max sig dupes you’d have more 5*’s and 6*’s though... so it’s always gonna yield worse long term results. Fact. Not selling is better than selling always in the long term. I also would be in favor of the option becoming available after a certain amount of time. New players should be allowed to sell any champs at all. I see people in global all the time telling new players to sell champs not because they’re doing that themselves, but because they think they’re awesome vet players playing a funny trick on new players, pretty weak sauce. I advise them otherwise when I see it, course there’s many times I’m sure it’s hurt newer players. I’d rather kabam spend its time fixing the game and responding to real issues then have their time taken with tickets of accidental sales etc so I’m happy they’ll never change this.