**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Does being Cavalier give any kind of real advantage aside from purchasing Cavalier Crystals?

raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
Just saw this video of Brian Grant and I think something is quite amiss and misleading with the underlined statement in the graphics included, that 5* and 6* champs are more accessible because of Cavalier progression point. It is not the Cavalier progression point that makes 5*s and 6*s more accessible. It is the Cavalier Crystal and those willing to spend for it that makes 5*s and 6*s more accessible if RNG is on your side.

To make the claim more accurate, the Cavalier progression point should allow access to special content only for those who have reached Cavalier status. For example, achieving Cavalier status will unlock two arenas (T2A and T5B arenas), or something similar. If the only real benefit of being Cavalier is the ability to purchase Cavalier crystals and also have access to an improved "daily cavalier Crystal" then the statement made in the announcement about accessibility to 5*s and 6*s is at best, a misnomer.

If becoming Cavalier is truly a new progression point, make it even better than Uncollected to make it worth our while.

Does being Cavalier give any kind of real advantage aside from purchasing Cavalier Crystals? 126 votes

Yes, but I don't know what else aside from being able to purchase Cavalier Crystals
38%
Hort4belli300TendersquadSIlverProfessorGambl0rAlex13369Bergy25Lvernon15VeryCoolUserNameSavio444MrTicTac19992008Duke_Silvertkhan08KillerRino19StarKillerVIICh1efsterEugene_VirtuosoKobster84Ultra8529TopCat87 49 votes
No, being able to purchase Cavalier Crystals isn't a true and real advantage.
61%
GamerBigPoppaCBONERagamugginGunnerLazyboy89DrZolarazielChadhoganTimone147CrkwestSpity68PoorMansGaryNevilleLewisTheLlamammmbanyasJadedzuffyNanoDroidAnurag1606Star_Lord_ege999menVerzz 77 votes

Comments

• SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited May 2019
    I love the blatantly weighted options. Polls are super easy. Lolz

Cavalier is better than uncollected. Of course it is. For one there is T2A in my daily crystals.

It’s an extra progression point. You’re gonna do Act 6 anyway, correct? So, it’s free stuff. Access to crystals with a 19% chance to pull a 5* or 6*.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Yes, but I don't know what else aside from being able to purchase Cavalier Crystals
    I misread but ye I agree cavalier hasn’t done really anything to increase 5* shards and 6* shards like I’d say we have a lot less then usual this month
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    No there is no real advantage, 5&6* are no more available to me than someone who isn’t cavalier seeing as I don’t buy the crystals. I’m assuming that will change shortly when 6.2 is released, I’m also assuming they will release a cavalier difficulty in monthly events at some point but until both those things happen there’s no advantage other than cav crystals.
  • WoozieWoozie Posts: 479 ★★
    edited May 2019
    You get the chance of slightly better daily crystals and obviously access to the Cavalier crystals.
    If I had my time again I would've waited til saving 12,000 units to get the 4>5* gem as I didnt immediately 100% it quickly for the rewards.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

Cavalier is better than uncollected. Of course it is. For one there is T2A in my daily crystals.

It’s an extra progression point. You’re gonna do Act 6 anyway, correct? So, it’s free stuff. Access to crystals with a 19% chance to pull a 5* or 6*.

There’s T2a in uncollected dailies, just the number of fragments is doubled for cavalier and a few extra bits.
  • SknZnSknZn Posts: 442 ★★★
    There must be cavalier difficulty with draxs ability somewhere in contest, i just cant find it, there might be Bunch of accessible 5*, 6* shards kabam talking about. It’s just invisible
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★

There’s T2a in uncollected dailies, just the number of fragments is doubled for cavalier and a few extra bits.
    There is? Damn. I don’t remember that.
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    You get better free daily and 4 hr crystals, You can do what many do and grind arena for units. This sounds like a posts that is all just about complaining which there are many of.
    Grant is a funny guy ,this is a man who spends over 80 hours a week on this game and prides himself on never spending a dime but he has spent hours ,countless hours of his life playing this game really look at that in retrospect. I'm amazed how he stays married I don't play half the time this guy does and my wife doesn't like it lol.

If the game is causing so much problems and complaints in your life, then stop or play much less if your young enough or old enough go to a club, go outside and go socialize on a Friday night, instead of spending 10 hours on a Friday or Saturday night in this game. I mean who wants to follow or even listen to a person who neglects his wife and spends most of his adult life playing a mobile game? I mean really look at that.
  • Ctleath_013Ctleath_013 Posts: 416 ★★
    Bragging rights? Lol I tried
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    You gotta think that once a certain portion of the playerbase is cavalier, there will be a cavalier event quest. I assume that's when the real divide between each group's progression happens.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,325 ★★★★★
    Better 4 hour crystals
    Better daily crystals
    Grandmaster calendar reduced to 7 days from 14.
  • VeryCoolUserNameVeryCoolUserName Posts: 93
    For a f2p uncollected = cavalier. Sad.
  • ErokErok Posts: 24
    raffster said:

Just saw this video of Brian Grant and I think something is quite amiss and misleading with the underlined statement in the graphics included, that 5* and 6* champs are more accessible because of Cavalier progression point. It is not the Cavalier progression point that makes 5*s and 6*s more accessible. It is the Cavalier Crystal and those willing to spend for it that makes 5*s and 6*s more accessible if RNG is on your side.

To make the claim more accurate, the Cavalier progression point should allow access to special content only for those who have reached Cavalier status. For example, achieving Cavalier status will unlock two arenas (T2A and T5B arenas), or something similar. If the only real benefit of being Cavalier is the ability to purchase Cavalier crystals and also have access to an improved "daily cavalier Crystal" then the statement made in the announcement about accessibility to 5*s and 6*s is at best, a misnomer.

If becoming Cavalier is truly a new progression point, make it even better than Uncollected to make it worth our while.

What's kind of amazing to me is that you can come up with a really great idea, like adding t2A or t5 basic arena after obtaining cavalier status, but kabam hasn't yet moved toward releasing something that creative or fun.

There are so many things that I feel like could be added or improved but the game feels as if it's moving closer and closer to the primary progression being heavily reliant upon micro transactions. Which is unfortunate.
  • ShrimpRShrimpR Posts: 245
    No, spent 6000 units and didn't get a signal 5 star :/
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,705 ★★★★★
    Cavalier isn’t supposed to be as big as becoming uncollected was I’m pretty sure there saving the big next step for 6.2
  • Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★

You hit the nail on the head!!
    Ultra8529 said:

You hit the nail on the head!!
    Exactly, just ignore the tangible benefits and you can claim whatever you want!
  • SillyCaitlinSillyCaitlin Posts: 535

Umm... yes. The daily crystal has the potential to be awesome.
  • raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★

Umm... yes. The daily crystal has the potential to be awesome.

@SillyCaitlin bro can you please post the drop rates of what you can get from the improved Daily (Cavalier) crystal?
  • Gambl0rGambl0r Posts: 210 ★★

5 and 6*'s are becoming more available. All new content has 6* shards in it. It took about a year or longer for 5*'s to be at a point where you can 3 or so a month.

That statement is identical to what Kabam Mike wrote (then deleted it shortly thereafter)...lol

Anyway, yes, the monthly EQ's have 6-star shards, 25% of one crystal. That's 4 months to get just one 6-star through the monthly EQ's. Aside from the one-time rewards from Act 5, the only other way to get 6-star shards is by duping a 5-star (2.75% of one). This hasn't changed in over a year, and the monthly EQ's rewards haven't changed since uncollected difficultly was introduced. So this notion of 6-star shards being more available is just false.

The only 'new' way of getting 6-stars is the Cavalier crystal, which of course cost units/money, as OP's point on the matter

Gambl0r said:

5 and 6*'s are becoming more available. All new content has 6* shards in it. It took about a year or longer for 5*'s to be at a point where you can 3 or so a month.

That statement is identical to what Kabam Mike wrote (then deleted it shortly thereafter)...lol

Anyway, yes, the monthly EQ's have 6-star shards, 25% of one crystal. That's 4 months to get just one 6-star through the monthly EQ's. Aside from the one-time rewards from Act 5, the only other way to get 6-star shards is by duping a 5-star (2.75% of one). This hasn't changed in over a year, and the monthly EQ's rewards haven't changed since uncollected difficultly was introduced. So this notion of 6-star shards being more available is just false.

The only 'new' way of getting 6-stars is the Cavalier crystal, which of course cost units/money, as OP's point on the matter
    There are a couple peeps here who resembled the post style of Kabam mods to me as well.
    Full sentences and thoughtful posts = kabam employee
  • Hort4Hort4 Posts: 494 ★★★
    I haven’t spent $$$ on cavalier crystals but have spent units. Definitely better odds on 5* pulls and therefore chance for duping and getting 6* shards.