**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance Quest Season 6 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• TaZ_4178TaZ_4178 Posts: 506 ★★
    My thoughts I'll give it a shot.. but I'm def thinking about going solo again...sad but I'll test it out first
  • WATCHEDWATCHED Posts: 186
    Just a thought but would yall consider a global node to give a small boost the the alliances or some kind of treasury loyalty purchase for the whole alliance.
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★

RogerRabs said:

Can we please get some sort of answer as to why you won't even consider lowering the timers or shortening the maps?

Seriously, how is it good for the game that I can't spend 1 day at the beach without screwing up AQ for 29 other people? You're promoting unhealthy behavior.

Lol. That's a "you problem". Kabam will get interested when people stop buying stuff.
    It’s not just a “me” problem. I know there are many people who share my thoughts. Combatting player burnout can help lead to a longer lasting game. I think it’s in Kabams best interest to have a situation where a person can play both fairly competitively and also not be tethered to their phone 24/7.

Also, maybe Kabam should be concerned about the health of its player base. Companies don’t have to be solely focused on profits. Gaming companies have gotten so predatory in some of their practices that even the US Congress noticed. You have to be pretty duplicitous before you cross their radar.

• HENRIQUE_FORTEHENRIQUE_FORTE Posts: 348 ★★
    More reverse controls. One day we'll have to play with the phone/tablet upside down...
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    RogerRabs said:

RogerRabs said:

Can we please get some sort of answer as to why you won't even consider lowering the timers or shortening the maps?

Seriously, how is it good for the game that I can't spend 1 day at the beach without screwing up AQ for 29 other people? You're promoting unhealthy behavior.

Lol. That's a "you problem". Kabam will get interested when people stop buying stuff.
    It’s not just a “me” problem. I know there are many people who share my thoughts. Combatting player burnout can help lead to a longer lasting game. I think it’s in Kabams best interest to have a situation where a person can play both fairly competitively and also not be tethered to their phone 24/7.

Also, maybe Kabam should be concerned about the health of its player base. Companies don’t have to be solely focused on profits. Gaming companies have gotten so predatory in some of their practices that even the US Congress noticed. You have to be pretty duplicitous before you cross their radar.
    Would be nice to give players a way to boost energy for certain situations. Maybe an alliance energy refill you can purchase with glory once a cycle with a max capacity to limit it’s use.

US Congress has “noticed” lots if things. Rock and Roll lyrics was one of these things. So was violence in video games and also violence in media. Duplicity isn’t a requirement of drawing thier attention.

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

RogerRabs said:

RogerRabs said:

It's not necessary to be tethered to the phone 24/7. AQ is a team effort. It requires organization, and it's designed with ample time to finish within a 24-hour period. That requires communcation and organization. If someone is not available, it's up to the Ally to work around that. They can assign different Paths, wait for someone, do lower Maps, or if the Ally is more denanding than you can be available for, there's always the option to find one that isn't so militant. All those things are elective. It's the Allies that place pressure on people, not the design.
    All well and good. Longer timers make people login more often and make it feel like more of a grind. We run 6x5 without issues with one hour timers so it's not a problem for us. But it's more fun when we have 1/2 hour timers.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    TwmR said:

Akhilxcx said:

unblockable sps on final boss wow. can't imagine a boss with unblockable at day 5 with such ahigh attack rating. well time to say goodbye alliance

Animations are same as original thanos very easy to evade specials
    easy to evade specials when game controls are working correctly and lag/dropped frames/ect doesn't interfere with game play...
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    So does this mean fewer sentinels overall? If so...that is a positive change!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

RogerRabs said:

RogerRabs said:

It's not necessary to be tethered to the phone 24/7. AQ is a team effort. It requires organization, and it's designed with ample time to finish within a 24-hour period. That requires communcation and organization. If someone is not available, it's up to the Ally to work around that. They can assign different Paths, wait for someone, do lower Maps, or if the Ally is more denanding than you can be available for, there's always the option to find one that isn't so militant. All those things are elective. It's the Allies that place pressure on people, not the design.
    All well and good. Longer timers make people login more often and make it feel like more of a grind. We run 6x5 without issues with one hour timers so it's not a problem for us. But it's more fun when we have 1/2 hour timers.
    That's a given. If you asked 100 Gamers if they like Rewards sooner rather than later, I'd say at least 95% would say sooner. Lol.
    Probably not worth debating it since I know we've had this one many times and we're never going to agree. Lol.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Kabam DK said:

Hey Summoners,

Over the last year, Alliance Quests have changed a lot. We’ve had Sentinels added, a new Season, new Minibosses, and even a new Map among other big changes, like the addition of Tier 5 Basic Catalyst Fragments.

As we move closer to our next evolution, we wanted to give you an early look at Alliance Quests: Season 6. We’re currently working on this new update to Alliance Quests, and we are hoping to launch Season 6 alongside our 23.1 release next month.

We are still working on the exact date and the contents of this update, and we will have a formal announcement with more information closer to the launch, but wanted to bring you some of the information we do know as early as possible so you can prepare yourselves for the dawn of Season 6: Mad Titan’s Wrath.

Read all about it here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/139441/early-look-alliance-quest-season-6

Remember, All of this information is subject to change.If you have feedback, please share it with us!

You were about to give me a Heart Attack here Kabam!
  • Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    Will there be changes to the contents of the AQ crystals?
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    Ok you need to fix some combos - enhanced regen and spectre is a **** combo. It’s bad enough you only have regen windows doing damage (and probably not a lot of damage if based on amount healed)... but for large chunks of fight my regen effects are reverse healing me (would those heal opponent?! Haha) so you are penalizing the very thing you need to do. This is like a Mr Sinister on crit me with your best shot...

Looking through list I see many spots where you removed easier paths 7 and made them more difficult (no easy Corvus charges, s1, less bleed regen for Corvus / OR, no duel Corvus... actually guessing you don’t like Corvus... you don’t like void on OR)... yet several paths where there was a tougher encounter you left unchanged. Feels you just looked at data and said what paths aren’t getting enough kills? Change those and leave the rest

Don’t get me wrong I do like idea of changing up nodes to mix things up (little early to already be doing that m7? Sure others could use some love), but be balanced - should be some easier paths and some with a harder encounter..

RogerRabs said:

RogerRabs said:

That's a given. If you asked 100 Gamers if they like Rewards sooner rather than later, I'd say at least 95% would say sooner. Lol.
    It has nothing to do with getting rewards sooner, and you don't really with 1/2 hour timers. The rewards still come at the same time. It's more fun because you can login less frequently and then accomplish more when you do have time to play. 1 hour timers make it necessary often to login for one fight when you have one move available because others are waiting for a node to come down. It's also more fun when no one ever has to stay up later than they otherwise would because they know if they don't get a particular node down before they quit for the night it will cause problems the next day. Running the map is more enjoyable with 1/2 hour timers. Getting champs released sooner or rewards sooner really isn't part of why I like the shorter timers better.
    What I'm saying is there's a general lack of patience. If you asked people if they enjoy finishing sooner, they would likely say yes. However, it's designed over time for a reason.
    No offense bud but you have obviously never ran multiple days of map 6. If someone is late or there is an issue, you are tethered to the game to ensure it gets done. Especially it it holds a link node that cant be tanked. Its a nightmare for officers trying to manage. Half an hour timers would really make it easier.

Great for you if you run lower maps and dont have that issue. For those of us who have progressed past map 4/5 , map 6 is basically required if you're not in a retirement alliance. Its a simple change with no real negative downside.
    Required for those Alliances. Not a requirement for the game. Things happen. People can't always be avaiable. It's the Alliances that enforce such strict rules on participation. The game has also made it easier in other ways, such as Peak Milestones and not making it a requirement to finish the Map 100% for the Crystals. Sometimes people don't show up. It happens. That means it's up to the Alliance to decide how to deal with it. You try and work around it, some would boot them, their choice. Communication comes in as well. If someone won't be around, they should communicate that. The system is not at fault for Allies placing their own pressures on people.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    Jestress said:

Required for those Alliances. Not a requirement for the game. Things happen. People can't always be avaiable. It's the Alliances that enforce such strict rules on participation. The game has also made it easier in other ways, such as Peak Milestones and not making it a requirement to finish the Map 100% for the Crystals. Sometimes people don't show up. It happens. That means it's up to the Alliance to decide how to deal with it. You try and work around it, some would boot them, their choice. Communication comes in as well. If someone won't be around, they should communicate that. The system is not at fault for Allies placing their own pressures on people.

Disagree. Kabam implements 1 hour timers on AQ. The pressure doesn't stem from alliances, it stems from the system. People should be able to sleep 8 hours a day. The remaining 16 hours shouldn't have to be spent in game waiting for energy to move.

Does being in game make your energy fill faster?
    I hate when Quotes get messed up. XD