**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Why couldn't King Groot remove the poison in Variant 3.2

Comments

• ShrimpRShrimpR Posts: 245
    They fury is not functioning.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    Domino reduces ability accuracy
  • Hey there, one of Domino's abilities is that she reduces her opponent's Ability Accuracy at the start of the fight. This can prevent him from shrugging off Debuffs like Poison.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Very interesting. I have never seen KG fail to remove a debuff.

Hey there, one of Domino's abilities is that she reduces her opponent's Ability Accuracy at the start of the fight. This can prevent him from shrugging off Debuffs like Poison.

I do not think that is the answer and here is why.

KG to my knowledge and in my countless experience has never failed to shrug a debuff. This has lead me to note/believe that his fury shrug is unaffected by ability accuracy reduction.

Now KG isn’t a really a questing champion for me so my experience with him is limited to arena and a 8m(?) fight with him against KM in The Maze. But to test if his shrug can be failed by Domino I spent some time just now dueling KG (Sahil_maverick) and not once did he fail to shrug the parry stun. This leaves me to conclude there is somehing else going on other than Domino’s ability accuracy reduction.

Hey there, one of Domino's abilities is that she reduces her opponent's Ability Accuracy at the start of the fight. This can prevent him from shrugging off Debuffs like Poison.

Domino's ability is only 15% Ability Accuracy reduction...but in the Variant it seems to be 100%
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019

That domino is duped, if the the ability failed to trigger then there would have been a critical failure debuff placed on him and he would have taken damage. That there wasnt leads me to believe that this was not what happened.
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    edited May 2019

Regarding Domino stopping it with AA reduction: I can believe this in theory, because I have fought King Groot with Sabretooth/killmonger synergy and it prevents the debuffs from being purified.

However, it's not just Domino. I used Sentinel against Domino because of her Unlucky abilities, but then used King Groot against Killmonger for the permanent armor break. Poison continued to stack without the fury removal, even without the AA reduction. Unless you are saying Killmonger has that, too?
    @Lormif and @Ordalca bring up some very good contradictions to it being due to AAR.
    Ordalca said:

Regarding Domino stopping it with AA reduction: I can believe this in theory, because I have fought King Groot with Sabretooth/killmonger synergy and it prevents the debuffs from being purified.
    Where did this fight take place? I couldn’t prevent KG from shrugging ST’s stun (with KM synergy) over the course of a 3 minute fight. Here’s the fight.
    https://youtu.be/QmhZEzE7LcU
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★

Where did this fight take place? I couldn’t prevent KG from shrugging ST’s stun (with KM synergy) over the course of a 3 minute fight. Here’s the fight.
    https://youtu.be/QmhZEzE7LcU

AW last season, it wasn’t recent.

I tried to fight the killmonger on the same path with King Groot, and the posion also couldn't be removed by the fury. Could you please explain that?
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Is the poison passive?

does not appear to be
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

Ive found this happens everywhere, not just domino, it occurs in Iceland cold snap and other dot nodes

Lvernon15 said:

Ive found this happens everywhere, not just domino, it occurs in Iceland cold snap and other dot nodes

Yes, hope it will be solved soon.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

You need to give more details about that.
    What dot nodes? What was the coldsnap that was applied?
    KG shrugg off ability works when he gets a debuff while furys are activated. Notice that he needs to have the furys first, in order to be able to shrug off a debuff applied after that.
    That said, his ability doesnt work against nodes/abilities that place a debuff on you at the start of the fight. Those debuffs are not applied after he gets his furys, and so it wont work
    Only way ls I have been able to reconcile it is that the poison is passive using the wrong icon. Or that it’s a new debuff that was not tagged correctly so KG does not interact with it like he should.
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,197 ★★★★★
    What is happeningis that the poison or Icemans coldsnap starts a mili second before the fury comes so ge will not be able to shrug it off unless he gets the fury first to shrugg it off.

Lvernon15 said:

You need to give more details about that.
    What dot nodes? What was the coldsnap that was applied?
    KG shrugg off ability works when he gets a debuff while furys are activated. Notice that he needs to have the furys first, in order to be able to shrug off a debuff applied after that.
    That said, his ability doesnt work against nodes/abilities that place a debuff on you at the start of the fight. Those debuffs are not applied after he gets his furys, and so it wont work
    Have you seen the first video in youtube? His fury has already activated, but still get the posion debuff.

What is happeningis that the poison or Icemans coldsnap starts a mili second before the fury comes so ge will not be able to shrug it off unless he gets the fury first to shrugg it off.

Please see the youtube video first, His fury has already activated, but still get the posion debuff.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=RAI2OV9Zdlw
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    The only thing I can think of is the node makes it passive or unable to shrug off. The icon looks similar to degen nodes in various quests where you cannot shrug them off, nor does Gulk benefit from it with Face Me. Kabam seems to have created some kind of middle group as exceptions where it’s not really a debuff and it’s not a passive.

It also might be worth noting that KG has unusual interactions in general. For example when I use DV to convert his fury to poison, I can’t. It’s almost as if the game registers he still has his fury and removes those poisons. It just happened to me today in AQ. He had 3 fury and 4 loas, which should equal 7 poisons. Well he removed 3 of those poison stacks and only had 4 poisons left on him. Something is just weird with the way he shrugs off debuffs. Just a couple things to think about.