**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Corvus Glaive Bleed Immunity bug iN AQ ?!

Comments

• Dr_PhysicoDr_Physico Posts: 58
    This is already an old "bug" and was reported many times. I myself wrote about it too in february here and only got told that it is known and that the mods are working on it. Though i have never ever heard anything later from them about a fix or solution.
  • FrankmcocFrankmcoc Posts: 148
    edited May 2019
    Bug

Shouldn’t happen

Description says “doesn’t take damage from cold snap bleed and shock while glaive immunity is ACTIVE

It doesn’t say when it activates

It just says active

If it’s active you aren’t supposed to take damage from it.. period that simple

Sometimes this happens...I’ve had it happen in aw and aq before.....I’d say the overwhelming majority of the time it doesn’t.....but still a bug still shouldnt happen.....btw I have Corvus at r5 for almost a year and use him for everything
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    Edit: disregard, comment just got approved
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    edited May 2019
    Should not happen because then he will lose his glaive immunity purpose.
  • Erunnu_87Erunnu_87 Posts: 34
    edited May 2019
    There’s no “before” and “after”, there’s only WITH and WITHOUT charges. End off.
    With charges he’s immune to bleeding effects REGARDLESS of when they are applied. In fact, when you have suicides and star the fight with bleed and poison debuffs, he regenerates some health back of also willpower is in use.
    The fact that he’s not immune on some fights, is just a bug. And that needs fixing. Plain and simple
    Scenario A:
    1- Triggers charges;
    2 - Gets a Bleed/Coldsnap/Shock debuff without being knocked down (glaives immunity is on).
    Result: No damage from the debuffs.

Scenario B:
    1- Gets a Bleed/Coldsnap/Shock debuff after being knocked down (glaive's immunity is off).
    2 - Triggers charges.
    Result: Debuffs will be purified/removed and Corvus takes some direct damage.

Now, If both the Charges (glaives immunity) and the bleed/coldsnap/shock debuff are proc at the same time (which only happens at the start of the fight), it will not be purified and will deal normal damage. Simply because at the time it triggered, Corvus ability wasn't either triggered or on cooldown. It wasn't there at all, and so it could do nothing to the debuff.
    But I will repeat again. The intended behavior is for Corvus to trigger his glaive immunity ability moments before the debuff procs on him, so that he takes no damage from it. The bug that is happening on some cases is that this ability it's triggering a little bit late (the same time the debuff is also triggered on him), causing this debuff to "correctly" bypass his ability
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

Scenario A:
    1- Triggers charges;
    2 - Gets a Bleed/Coldsnap/Shock debuff without being knocked down (glaives immunity is on).
    Result: No damage from the debuffs.

Scenario B:
    1- Gets a Bleed/Coldsnap/Shock debuff after being knocked down (glaive's immunity is off).
    2 - Triggers charges.
    Result: Debuffs will be purified/removed and Corvus takes some direct damage.

Now, If both the Charges (glaives immunity) and the bleed/coldsnap/shock debuff are proc at the same time (which only happens at the start of the fight), it will not be purified and will deal normal damage. Simply because at the time it triggered, Corvus ability wasn't either triggered or on cooldown. It wasn't there at all, and so it could do nothing to the debuff.
    But I will repeat again. The intended behavior is for Corvus to trigger his glaive immunity ability moments before the debuff procs on him, so that he takes no damage from it. The bug that is happening on some cases is that this ability it's triggering a little bit late (the same time the debuff is also triggered on him), causing this debuff to "correctly" bypass his ability

That’s a bug then as his description states while the glaive is up he won’t take bleed coldsnap or shock damage
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    @will-o-wisp If we follow the description given, corvus should not be taking bleed damage while glaive immunity is on. All the "effects that start at the beginning of the fight situations" should not matter as the game should only be checking if glaive immunity is on or not.

If glaive immunity is on, don't take damage from bleed debuffs. If it gets turned off, purify existing bleed debuffs. If a bleed gets inflicted after immunity is turned off, allow bleed damage until the glaive charges turn back on then purify the bleed debuffs.

So it is indeed a bug that the OP corvus is taking bleed damage while glaive charges are on, thats all there is to it.
    kryer79 said:

@will-o-wisp whatever’s your point, stop it...

Is an open and civil discussion, so theres no need to stop.

If glaive immunity is on, don't take damage from bleed debuffs. If it gets turned off, purify existing bleed debuffs. If a bleed gets inflicted after immunity is turned off, allow bleed damage until the glaive charges turn back on then purify the bleed debuffs.

What I'm trying to say is, glaives immunuty ISN'T activated at all when the debuff is triggered. Neither he has charges and neither in on cooldown.
    The way his ability works isn't one of those cases "as soon as he has charges, he stops taking damage". If he will take damage or not its already determined when the debuff procs. And thats why this bug is happening, due to his ability being triggered at the same time, making the debuff to bypass his ability
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    Ignoring all the back and forth, if this were to happen (taking damage from a debuff when he shouldn't) it seems like you could intentionally eat a heavy attack and it would purify. They need to fix it, but since bug fixes are all being pushed to the June update...
    It would purify. The cooldown timer would appear and "cancel" out the bug
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Is not really a bug. If both abilities trigger at the same time, then it really is working as it should.
    I believe the intention of his ability is to counter the debuffs that trigger at the start of the fight, but for that to happen his ability needs to trigger in the first place, which is not happening constantly

that is not how the ability reads, he takes no damage while his immunity is up, It does not matter when he gets it.
    So, his ability doesn't work like Indestructible, where you are taking damage, then it triggers and you stop taking damage, and you take damage again when it goes away.

The time Corvus triggers the ability does matter. When he takes damage from bleed/coldsnap/shock debuff at the start of the fight is because his ability wasn't activated at that time. This is the only way the debuff can "correctly" bypass his ability, even though is not the intended behaviour.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★
    This is clearly a bug and if someone says otherwise you're wrong
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019

So, his ability doesn't work like Indestructible, where you are taking damage, then it triggers and you stop taking damage, and you take damage again when it goes away.

The time Corvus triggers the ability does matter. When he takes damage from bleed/coldsnap/shock debuff at the start of the fight is because his ability wasn't activated at that time. This is the only way the debuff can "correctly" bypass his ability, even though is not the intended behaviour.

1) CG takes no damage from debuffs while he has charges/immunity.

2)When CG’s immunity activates or is disabled he purifies the debuff taking a set amount of damage.

Per his description he either purifies or takes no damage. End of, bug.
    I already talked about that ... When the bug happens, he has no ability in the moment the debuff is triggered. Therefore the debuff is programmed to do full damage and the immunity will not work
  • Erunnu_87Erunnu_87 Posts: 34
    There’s no “before” and “after”, there’s only WITH and WITHOUT charges. End off.
    With charges he’s immune to bleeding effects REGARDLESS of when they are applied. In fact, when you have suicides and star the fight with bleed and poison debuffs, he regenerates some health back of also willpower is in use.
    The fact that he’s not immune on some fights, is just a bug. And that needs fixing. Plain and simple
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

I already talked about that ... When the bug happens, he has no ability in the moment the debuff is triggered. Therefore the debuff is programmed to do full damage and the immunity will not work

Again, that is not what it says his abilities are, which indicates there is a bug, either in his description or in his ability
    Lormif said:

Again, that is not what it says his abilities are, which indicates there is a bug, either in his description or in his ability
    It says on his ability. The bug is that sometimes it triggers a bit too late.
    Is kinda like how blade's danger sense kicks in before the battle start, to avoid some nodes from triggering like bleed and poison at the start of the fight
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★
    Corvus abilities never said that he still takes bleed damage if the bleed is placed before the immunity I'm pret4sure they mean any bleed in general
    Zuro said:

Corvus abilities never said that he still takes bleed damage if the bleed is placed before the immunity I'm pret4sure they mean any bleed in general

If it's before, it gets purified as soon as the glaive's immunity triggers. The problem is when it triggers at the same time, where is doesn't either get purified or deal 0 damage and is programmed to do full damage
  • Reverend_RuckusReverend_Ruckus Posts: 407 ★★★
    I would agree with you and say this is a bug
    Currently, when a bleed debuff is placed on Corvus, it will be programmed to act in different ways deppending on his ability. If he doesn't have the glaives immunity, it will be programmed to do normal damage. If he has the immunity, it will be programmed to do no damage. Since the debuff relies on Corvus ability to know how it will behave, is not one of those cases where it changes from doing damage to no damage mid-fight. The way it will act is already determined.
    There are some ways to fix this: either make Corvus ability to be more consistent to trigger before the start of the fight (so that the debuff won't do damage due to his ability being already activated), or make it so that the behaviour of the debuff changes mid-fight (which may be harder to do, and can change something else in other scenarios)