**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Act 6.2 Rarity Gates the beginning of the end for non whale spenders and/or not 7/24 on MCOC?

raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
YouTubers who have reacted to the Act 6.2 Rarity Gates announcement mentioned that certain parts of Act 6.2 will require at least 4 x 6*s. What if: a. You don't have 4 x 6*s, or if you do, b. Your 6*s are garbage champs like mine?

I believe that Kabam should consider having one path on each segment of Act 6 that can be completed with 5*s of our choice. To impose such incredibly unreasonable requirements to even enter certain segments of the path is going to be the end of this game for those of us who don't spend thousands of dollars a month and/or spend 24/7 on this game.

But then again, perhaps that IS the direction that the game development team is taking. After all, why should they even think about the rest of us who aren't part of the 80% of their revenue, right?

Comments

• John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    If my understanding is correct, there will be paths that don’t require you to have that many 6*s. The paths that have the gates will just be the easier paths.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    Have you not read the announcement? Only 6 paths out of the entire 6.2 requires 6*'s and only 1 path requires 4. If you read the thread there are several act 6 beta testera saying those paths are easy. Not only that, you can bring any 5* of your choice as long as you have the required number of 6*'s. Why do you insist on spreading false info and trying to start something because you aren't smart enough to read? Since you cant read-

Quest 1:
    Your team must contain 2 or more 5-Star Mutant Champions
    Your team must contain 2 or more 5-Star Cosmic Champions
    Your team must contain 2 or more 5-Star Tech Champions
    Your team must contain 2 or more 6-Star Champions

Quest 2:
    Your team must contain 2 or more 5-Star Skill Champions
    Your team must contain 2 or more 5-Star Science Champions
    Your team must contain 2 or more 5-Star Mystic Champions

Quest 3:
    Your team must contain 3 or more 5-Star Mutant Champions
    Your team must contain 3 or more 5-Star Cosmic Champions
    Your team must contain 3 or more 5-Star Tech Champions
    Your team must contain 3 or more 6-Star Champions

Quest 4:
    Your team must contain 3 or more 5-Star Skill Champions
    Your team must contain 3 or more 5-Star Science Champions
    Your team must contain 3 or more 5-Star Mystic Champions

Quest 5:
    Your team must contain 4 or more 5-Star Mutant Champions
    Your team must contain 4 or more 5-Star Cosmic Champions
    Your team must contain 4 or more 5-Star Tech Champions
    Your team must contain 4 or more 6-Star Champions

Quest 6:
    Your team must contain 4 or more 5-Star Skill Champions
    Your team must contain 4 or more 5-Star Science Champions
    Your team must contain 4 or more 5-Star Mystic Champions

60 total paths.
    24 paths are gated.
    18 paths have 5* requirements.
    6 paths have 6* requirements.

Have you not read the announcement? Only 6 paths out of the entire 6.2 requires 6*'s and only 1 path requires 4. If you read the thread there are several act 6 beta testera saying those paths are easy. Not only that, you can bring any 5* of your choice as long as you have the required number of 6*'s. Why do you insist on spreading false info and trying to start something because you aren't smart enough to read?

This is what happens when something is highly dramatized and misconstrued on YouTube. Lol.
    Was it Prof Hof?
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    DL864 said:

So when will you be playing 6.2?

At my rate of progress? (ie zero 6*'s currently, with only 195 6* shards) .. I hope to have a 6* sometime before 2025 ... and possibly ready for those quests before 2060 ... O.o
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★

Have you not read the announcement? Only 6 paths out of the entire 6.2 requires 6*'s and only 1 path requires 4. If you read the thread there are several act 6 beta testera saying those paths are easy. Not only that, you can bring any 5* of your choice as long as you have the required number of 6*'s. Why do you insist on spreading false info and trying to start something because you aren't smart enough to read?

This is what happens when something is highly dramatized and misconstrued on YouTube. Lol.
    Was it Prof Hof?
    Not exactly.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Lainua said:

Have you not read the announcement? Only 6 paths out of the entire 6.2 requires 6*'s and only 1 path requires 4. If you read the thread there are several act 6 beta testera saying those paths are easy. Not only that, you can bring any 5* of your choice as long as you have the required number of 6*'s. Why do you insist on spreading false info and trying to start something because you aren't smart enough to read? Since you cant read-

Quest 1:
    Your team must contain 2 or more 5-Star Mutant Champions
    Your team must contain 2 or more 5-Star Cosmic Champions
    Your team must contain 2 or more 5-Star Tech Champions

Quest 2:
    Your team must contain 2 or more 5-Star Skill Champions
    Your team must contain 2 or more 5-Star Science Champions
    Your team must contain 2 or more 5-Star Mystic Champions

Quest 3:
    Your team must contain 3 or more 5-Star Mutant Champions
    Your team must contain 3 or more 5-Star Cosmic Champions
    Your team must contain 3 or more 5-Star Tech Champions

Quest 4:
    Your team must contain 3 or more 5-Star Skill Champions
    Your team must contain 3 or more 5-Star Science Champions
    Your team must contain 3 or more 5-Star Mystic Champions

Quest 5:
    Your team must contain 4 or more 5-Star Mutant Champions
    Your team must contain 4 or more 5-Star Cosmic Champions
    Your team must contain 4 or more 5-Star Tech Champions

Quest 6:
    Your team must contain 4 or more 5-Star Skill Champions
    Your team must contain 4 or more 5-Star Science Champions
    Your team must contain 4 or more 5-Star Mystic Champions

60 total paths.
    24 paths are gated.
    18 paths have 5* requirements.
    6 paths have 6* requirements.

How about the rewards? And which title they coin for it considering that they have given cavaliers title from 6.1 already?
    Wait for the announcement proper. Will all be there. Since expected release date is mid June, it should be out in 1, latest 2, weeks.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    The scary part is that this is only 6.2
    What will happen in 6.4? You can only enter using 3 or more 6 stars?
    Is this how future content will be like?
    Can I not even participate in content if I spend hundreds instead of thousands?
  • ChriissRChriissR Posts: 649 ★★★★
    If you do not have more then five 6*s by now then you probably aren't ready to 100% 6.2 anyway.

It's literally 1 path per quest with 6* requirements. Read the announcements properly, you can still get an initial completion.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I like to wait for the content to be released before deciding whether to complain lol
    edited May 2019
    Lainua said:

It’s still money grab policy because you can’t bring your best champs anyway and you certainly have to spend units to either rank up your useless 6* or to buy revives.

We know Kabam. They are scrimped and greedy.

You don't know that yet. People were saying 6.1 was a money grab and then the content was released and poof it wasn't. Wait for it to come out first so you don't look foolish saying stuff like this.
  • raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    zeezee57 said:

I'm not a fan of gating content, mostly the elimination of 4* I find off putting, but this isn't nearly the roadblock it seems to be. I say this as someone who won't have ready teams for some of these gated paths, but the fact is someone who is held back from exploration by the gated paths will most likely be held back by the content difficulty already. I expect the number of players who have all of 6.2 100% aside from these gated paths will be an incredibly small. The biggest impact speaking practically will be on those making legends runs having to burn inventory on a path or two that happens to exploit a specific weakness in their roster.

This is exactly my deepest sentiment about these future gates. It's starting to look like that 2020 and beyond those who will be able to 100% Act 6.2+ content are those with the fattest wallets or those who live on MCOC.

5*s should be able to carry us through until whenever this game fades off into history.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Unless you think there's some kind of urgency that requires you to finish it the day it comes out. It's not going anywhere.
    Lainua said:

Lainua said:

It’s still money grab policy because you can’t bring your best champs anyway and you certainly have to spend units to either rank up your useless 6* or to buy revives.

We know Kabam. They are scrimped and greedy.

You don't know that yet. People were saying 6.1 was a money grab and then the content was released and poof it wasn't. Wait for it to come out first so you don't look foolish saying stuff like this.
    Filtered 4* is not money grab policy? I understand which side do you take but your opinion is naive.
    God what an ignorant statement. You cant just buy 5* champs. Theres no rule saying go out and buy tons of crystals to get champs you need. Build your roster and then do act 6. Not a money grab. I made a run through act 6 and I didn't have many of the top champs needed for it like others have. I did just fine.
    Lainua said:

raffster said:

zeezee57 said:

I'm not a fan of gating content, mostly the elimination of 4* I find off putting, but this isn't nearly the roadblock it seems to be. I say this as someone who won't have ready teams for some of these gated paths, but the fact is someone who is held back from exploration by the gated paths will most likely be held back by the content difficulty already. I expect the number of players who have all of 6.2 100% aside from these gated paths will be an incredibly small. The biggest impact speaking practically will be on those making legends runs having to burn inventory on a path or two that happens to exploit a specific weakness in their roster.

This is exactly my deepest sentiment about these future gates. It's starting to look like that 2020 and beyond those who will be able to 100% Act 6.2+ content are those with the fattest wallets or those who live on MCOC.

5*s should be able to carry us through until whenever this game fades off into history.
    Fattest wallets? No. Strongest Accounts? Yes. That's how things usually work. Money is not mandatory. Hard work over time will also suffice. All spending does is speed up the process. People who don't have the patience to wait might spend themsleves into oblivion. It's also possibile to put in the time and effort and finish it later. It is permanent, after all. Just because someone on YouTube says it's all about the money doesn't make it the sole purpose of these things.
    WOW, such a political correct post. Kabam should be proud of you. From my view, they are clever in term of business. First they forced people NOT to use 4* and second they forced people NOT to use their 5*. Very clever in term of business. Hard work over time, yeah, very political correct but what will happen if RNG doesn’t side with you but Kabam? How many months or years are you willing to wait until you are strong enough?
    My god do you read anything and are able to comprehend anything? Even on the 6* gate you can still have 1 5* along with the 6*'s and even fight with that 5*.

You realize 1 whole chapter of act 5 had class gates that reduced attack by 50% rendering many champs less useful. We got through it then and we'll get through it again.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★

I don't represent Kabam. That's about as old as my time here. They "forced" people not to use 4*s to act as a progress gate. That keeps the level of challenge where they intended it, and the Rewards where they wouldn't throw off the entire balance of the Reward structure. Unless you think it's a good idea for people to jump from 4*s to 6*s and bypass a whole lot of steps and growth along the way. Personally, I think that's irresponsible balancing. So it was a good idea.
    They're not banning 5*s. Some Paths require 2, 3, or 4 6*s to complete, and people will be able to do about half without. To be perfectly honest, you should have at least that by that stage in the game.
    To answer your question, you wait until you're equipped. Just like anyone else who's not ready yet.

Why do you have forced in quotations?
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    If you don't have the champs, you aren't ready for the content yet. It's pretty simple really. They can't just keep adding more health and attack to champs to end game content to make it more difficult. This is a different direction to increase the challenge without necessarily having to have LoL level champs to fight against.