**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Class and Rarity Gates - Discussion Thread

Comments

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Lol. No wonder Kabam doesn't listen to the bulk of comments
  • TaZ_4178TaZ_4178 Posts: 506 ★★

TaZ_4178 said:

TaZ_4178 said:

Tyrannus said:

Do there it is content from Kabam miikes own words did end game players what about us mid tier

If you're in the mid tier (not yet Cavalier), this content is not targeted to you. There will come a day where 6-Star Champions are more readily accessible by mid-tier players, but that's not quite yet.
    Well at least I finally know who you guys consider as "EndGame" players now... thanks
    They consider all Players. It just happens to be that this content is at the End-Game level.
    Clearly from that post they consider Endgame players to be cavalier now... no offense but that's literally what mike said. I'm just glad we got some transparency...
    Oh, missed the "who". My bad. Now I get what you're saying. I thought you meant they confirmed they only considered End-Game. Lol. My mistake.
    No biggie apology accepted🤝
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    AndiYTDE said:

xNig said:

Both my alt accounts have 3x 5* R5s and I don't consider them end-game.

You have the link to where they mentioned Cavalier = End game? @AndiYTDE

Well @Akhilxcx, believe what you want then. 😊

This is what Kabam Miike said:

If you're in the mid tier (not yet Cavalier), this content is not targeted to you. There will come a day where 6-Star Champions are more readily accessible by mid-tier players, but that's not quite yet.

It´s no secret that 6.2 is targeted towards the Endgame players, and Kabam Miike says that 6.2 is targeted to those who are Cavalier. Thus Cavalier = Endgame Player according to Kabam Miike. Got anything else to say, @xNig ?
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirming_the_consequent
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    AndiYTDE said:

xNig said:

It´s no secret that 6.2 is targeted towards the Endgame players, and Kabam Miike says that 6.2 is targeted to those who are Cavalier. Thus Cavalier = Endgame Player according to Kabam Miike. Got anything else to say, @xNig ?
    Where does it say endgame players are cavalier? It only says mid-tier arent usually cavalier.
    edited May 2019
    AndiYTDE said:

xNig said:

And Cavalier players should be able to handle 1 path, at the very least, in 6.2. Half of which aren’t gated.

What I don’t get is why you, @AndiYTDE, is so unhappy about content that you will not exploring in the near future.

Completing 1 path in 6.1 to get Completion rewards is easy, did it under 2 hours for each of my alts. Exploring though, is a different matter.

So yes, completing 6.1 to get Cavalier shows that that particular player is “end game”, according to your interpretation of Miike’s words. But does Cavalier status automatically grant you the entitlement to be able to explore 6.2 even if your roster isn’t up to par? Nope it doesn’t.

(Anyway I’m sorry about having to inform you that 2x 5* R5s, is not “end game” at all.)
    AndiYTDE said:

xNig said:

AndiYTDE said:

xNig said:

And Cavalier players should be able to handle 1 path, at the very least, in 6.2. Half of which aren’t gated.

What I don’t get is why you, @AndiYTDE, is so unhappy about content that you will not exploring in the near future.

Completing 1 path in 6.1 to get Completion rewards is easy, did it under 2 hours for each of my alts. Exploring though, is a different matter.

So yes, completing 6.1 to get Cavalier shows that that particular player is “end game”, according to your interpretation of Miike’s words. But does Cavalier status automatically grant you the entitlement to be able to explore 6.2 even if your roster isn’t up to par? Nope it doesn’t.

(Anyway I’m sorry about having to inform you that 2x 5* R5s, is not “end game” at all.)
    Sorry to inform you that you don´t get to decide who is an Endgame Player and who is not ;)
    How do you have all that content complete that you said you did and only have 2 R5's? I've only 100% acts 1-5, initial run through 6.1, easy path LOL, and initial clear of Variant 2. I have 4 R5's. and 10 6*'s. How are you so far behind?
    AndiYTDE said:

xNig said:

AndiYTDE said:

xNig said:

Sorry to inform you that you don´t get to decide who is an Endgame Player and who is not ;)
    Yeah I don’t. The new content introduced does. Isn’t that why you’re worried?
    AndiYTDE said:

AndiYTDE said:

xNig said:

AndiYTDE said:

xNig said:

How do you have all that content complete that you said you did and only have 2 R5's? I've only 100% acts 1-5, initial run through 6.1, easy path LOL, and initial clear of Variant 2. I have 4 R5's. and 10 6*'s. How are you so far behind?
    I haven´t bought a single offer which gives T5 Basic and I´m a more relaxed AW player, ranking Gold 2 or 1 as I don´t really like the stress AW causes. Thus I don´t get too moch T5 Basic out of the AW Season Crystals, but I´m quite close to my third R5
    I haven't bought a single T5B offer either and i'm in plat 3 which doesn't give that much T5b more that Gold 1.
    AndiYTDE said:

AndiYTDE said:

xNig said:

AndiYTDE said:

xNig said:

I haven´t bought a single offer which gives T5 Basic and I´m a more relaxed AW player, ranking Gold 2 or 1 as I don´t really like the stress AW causes. Thus I don´t get too moch T5 Basic out of the AW Season Crystals, but I´m quite close to my third R5
    Coincidentally, I’m free to play and never bought an offer with real money since 2 years ago. My alliance has been ranking in Plat 3 for a few Seasons and we don’t do Map 7. Funny how I have 7 R5s and 1 6* R2 compared to your 2. Oh wait.. must be the content that I have cleared that you haven’t.
    edited May 2019
    AndiYTDE said:

xNig said:

AndiYTDE said:

xNig said:

AndiYTDE said:

xNig said:

I´m worried about what sort of gates or restrictions are going to come in the future. As I´ve said in a comment a few days ago (I think it was yesterday), I don´t have too much of a problem with the gates in 6.2. But I´m worried about what Kabam is planning for Act 6.3 and 6.4... I don´t really like the concept of making content harder by restricting our roster, I am more that kind of guy who likes content that is harder by creating harder fights, like Nameless Thanos. I´m one of the few people who actually liked the fight, and I loved IW Thanos last year as well.
    Plus I kind of have a problem with Kabam saying that 5* and 6* champions have become more accessible since Act 6.1 came out since that only refers to the Cavalier Crystals, nothing else.
    So you’re complaining because of an illusive problem that you foresee Kabam will implement in the future that will totally run their game down the drain, causing them to lose their cash cow and the money it generates, resulting in the company closing down and having to fire a lot of people?

Also, the increase in shards wasn’t only after 6.1 dropped, as much as they said so. It has been a long time since the start of Seasons that Shards have been more available, and abundantly so.
    Anyway, as @Worknprogress mentioned, restricting the roster of players is one way Kabam decided to increase difficulty of content. This also tests a players’ roster breadth, not depth. Players without sufficient roster breadth will suffer if they want to explore the content before they’re ready. And because of how the “fast track” newer players are given express tickets to R4s at least, roster breadth is a big issue. Isn’t there a saying in the community that mentions something about Ghost being able to clear everything the game has to offer?

This, I believe, is what Kabam wants to remove by introducing such gates.

The alternative way to increase difficulty is to artificially boost up defenders with more health and attack to make it much more punishing, which, by design, is very boring.
    AndiYTDE said:

xNig said:

AndiYTDE said:

xNig said:

AndiYTDE said:

xNig said:

AndiYTDE said:

xNig said:

I´m worried about what sort of gates or restrictions are going to come in the future. As I´ve said in a comment a few days ago (I think it was yesterday), I don´t have too much of a problem with the gates in 6.2. But I´m worried about what Kabam is planning for Act 6.3 and 6.4... I don´t really like the concept of making content harder by restricting our roster, I am more that kind of guy who likes content that is harder by creating harder fights, like Nameless Thanos. I´m one of the few people who actually liked the fight, and I loved IW Thanos last year as well.
    Plus I kind of have a problem with Kabam saying that 5* and 6* champions have become more accessible since Act 6.1 came out since that only refers to the Cavalier Crystals, nothing else.
    So you’re complaining because of an illusive problem that you foresee Kabam will implement in the future that will totally run their game down the drain, causing them to lose their cash cow and the money it generates, resulting in the company closing down and having to fire a lot of people?

Also, the increase in shards wasn’t only after 6.1 dropped, as much as they said so. It has been a long time since the start of Seasons that Shards have been more available, and abundantly so.
    Yeah, exactly what I´ve said...
    I know that you don´t even want to get my point, thus this is my final statement for this topic: I see the path Kabam chooses to go with Act 6 and I don´t like the direction. Maybe I´m wrong, maybe I´m right, but the past has shown that Kabam very rarely takes a turn on their route.
    I agree with you. But whose interest is it to make the game unappealing to players? No ones’. Hence the community’s worries are usually pretty unfounded.

With regards past performance, besides 12.0, the past has proven that Kabam is usually pretty good and accurate in their end game content design. The community usually uproars because they see something they don’t like, without considering the bigger picture.

Rem the 6.1 4* bans and how many people were so unhappy about it and threatened to quit? After 6.1 dropped, were there any major issues with completing (not exploring) the content?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Anyway, as @Worknprogress mentioned, restricting the roster of players is one way Kabam decided to increase difficulty of content. This also tests a players’ roster breadth, not depth. Players without sufficient roster breadth will suffer if they want to explore the content before they’re ready. And because of how the “fast track” newer players are given express tickets to R4s at least, roster breadth is a big issue. Isn’t there a saying in the community that mentions something about Ghost being able to clear everything the game has to offer?

This, I believe, is what Kabam wants to remove by introducing such gates.

The alternative way to increase difficulty is to artificially boost up defenders with more health and attack to make it much more punishing, which, by design, is very boring.

I suspect it also serves to add distance between demographics. We have a whole range between Uncollected and Cavalier. What I think is it's building up to the release of R3 6*s, and they want to isolate that release to where it's not going to damage the balance. Speculation of course. It makes sense when distributing Rewards that you don't overpower premature demos.
    Ultra8529 said:

Endgame must be understood in context. With this move Kabam has basically affirmed that "endgame" has two subtiers:

Endgame-spender: 0 arena but can spend 30k units on 100 cavalier crystals a week, getting 1 6* each week. Can push ahead with massive 6* rosters to clear 6.2 instantly. Will spend to clear where skills are lacking.

Endgame-f2p: grind arena, quests and can spend about 1k units on 5 cavalier crystals a week. Gets about 1 6* from 20 weeks of grinding. Will have to wait months before attempting 6.2 at an efficient rate even with god-tier skills.

Which proves my point that spending just saves time. There’s no way Kabam will ever be able to introduce rewards for F2P players to match up to the rate of progress for whales. Also, why should they? They make their living from people who pay, not from F2P.
  • Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★
    edited May 2019
    xNig said:

Ultra8529 said:

Endgame must be understood in context. With this move Kabam has basically affirmed that "endgame" has two subtiers:

Endgame-spender: 0 arena but can spend 30k units on 100 cavalier crystals a week, getting 1 6* each week. Can push ahead with massive 6* rosters to clear 6.2 instantly. Will spend to clear where skills are lacking.

Endgame-f2p: grind arena, quests and can spend about 1k units on 5 cavalier crystals a week. Gets about 1 6* from 20 weeks of grinding. Will have to wait months before attempting 6.2 at an efficient rate even with god-tier skills.

Which proves my point that spending just saves time. There’s no way Kabam will ever be able to introduce rewards for F2P players to match up to the rate of progress for whales. Also, why should they? They make their living from people who pay, not from F2P.
    I fully agree that spending should save time. That has always been the model of the game. Spending for crystal saves you time in the arena. Spending for donations saves you time in the arena. Spending on items saves you time gathering resources.

Unfortunately, the way that the game was in the past, and the reason why so many of us fell in love with this game, was that another way for a non-spending player to save time was to hone his/her skills. A skilled player would still progress slower, and have to spend more time, than a spender, but skill was a way to narrow the gap.

The 6* gates is unfortunately the first instance, and probably the start of a slippery slope, where skill is taken out of the equation and a hard spend-gate is imposed on all players. As someone else has mentioned, Kabam has waved goodbye to the days of players using a 2* SL with extreme skill to take out difficult opponents. Now they want you to buy that new 6* champ or not even have a chance at fighting the content (because they are scared of players being able to clear it with minimal spending). They have given up creating content that is challenging to players, and have opted instead to impose arbitrary limits on player progression based solely on spending and RNG.
    Ultra8529 said:

xNig said:

Ultra8529 said:

I fully agree that spending should save time. That has always been the model of the game. Spending for crystal saves you time in the arena. Spending for donations saves you time in the arena. Spending on items saves you time gathering resources.

Unfortunately, the way that the game was in the past, and the reason why so many of us fell in love with this game, was that another way for a non-spending player to save time was to hone his/her skills. A skilled player would still progress slower, and have to spend more time, than a spender, but skill was a way to narrow the gap.

The 6* gates is unfortunately the first instance, and probably the start of a slippery slope, where skill is taken out of the equation and a hard spend-gate is imposed on all players. As someone else has mentioned, Kabam has waved goodbye to the days of players using a 2* SL with extreme skill to take out difficult opponents. Now they want you to buy that new 6* champ or not even have a chance at fighting the content (because they are scared of players being able to clear it with minimal spending). They have given up creating content that is challenging to players, and have opted instead to impose arbitrary limits on player progression based solely on spending and RNG.
    Well to be honest, the content that the 2* was taking out back then, isn't anything compared to what it is now. With nodes and newer champs, that 2* won't stand a chance. That was also before deminishing returns and 12.0 happened. Attack ratings on some of these defenders is 3 times as much as ROL and LoL champs are currently and a 2* couldn't take that block damage. They are creating content that 1-4*'s can't handle. After an initial run through 6.1, theres no way you'd be able to do much of those fights with 4*'s. You'd die and have to buy revives then people will still say its a money grab.

I'm fine with the gates. I don't have many good 6*'s either. Its only 6 paths. They don't want the game focused on 3 or 4 champs only ever being used. This is part of the process and they have a long way to go if that's their model. Theres still OP nodes in AW that have very few counters and if they truly are looking to make it about all champs they need to fix that too.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Ultra8529 said:

xNig said:

Ultra8529 said:

Continuing to just make fights longer and longer is just boring. They're trying to come up with new ways to increase difficulty without just ramping up health/attack. The days of a new player being able to pull one amazing champ and clearing the same content on day one as someone who's been playing for years are done and I'm fine with that.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    AndiYTDE said:

xNig said:

AndiYTDE said:

DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

I will say it again: summoner satisfaction tends to increase with control over outcomes. You can’t put everything at the whim of the players lest the game fall apart. But there’s a balancing point the game needs to be continually trying to discover.

Dr. Zola

Along those lines, I've been thinking about the class gates more, in relation to champion availability. I think if Kabam is going to use class gates in 6.2, perhaps this should come coincident with classful champion crystals. I was specifically thinking about - lets assume the rewards for 6.2 will be similar to 6.1 - replacing the 5* shards with special 5* classful shards that you can use to buy 5* class-specific crystals. So while you're doing the paths in 6.2 for which you have good champs of the appropriate class, you could earn crystals that specifically targeted the classes you were weaker in.

The idea would be that when you earn 10k of these classful shards you can use them to buy any one of six different 5* crystals, each of which contained only one class. Since this would only be available to Cavalier players (the prerequisite for running 6.2 presumably), and since the focus on Act 6+ is to build rosters wider, this seems to be reasonable game option to give to the players.

This doesn't increase the number of 5* champs you can earn, but it does provide additional control over "steering" which ones you get to help fill in gaps in the roster. Perhaps this would allow players to "balance" their rosters when RNG goes against them without breaking anything important in the overall game framework. You don't have perfect control, but you have some control.
    That would help me so much. I am an endgame player with over 600k champion rating, yet I only have 3 5* Mystic champions, all of which are trash for endgame content. This puts me in a gigantic disadvantage as my best Power-Control champion for Act 6 is my IMIW, who I really don´t want to use for power control. I don´t have a single champion who nullifies buffs (Which is why I´ve ranked certain 4* champions to fill these gaps).

I am completely fine with exploring my roster, but not when my roster is 100% RNG based. Until this day we´ve not had a single opportunity to choose our T4CC class outside real-money offers. The 5* crystal gives me one out of over 100 different champions, the chance of getting a decent 5* mystic champion is getting smaller and smaller every two weeks as in 2018 we only got one, who was Symbiote Supreme.

I think this idea could tie in with a new Sunday arena. The current Sunday Arenas are not really up to date as they only give out 2* champions (which become useless for new players within the first week), but what about an arena that maybe only Uncollected or Conquerors could access which allows us to grind 2.500 of these 5* class-shards per week due to milestones (not ranked rewards, milestones!)? That way we would get to have a chance of filling our roster gaps every 4 weeks, and an additional 5* champion every 4 weeks wouldn´t be too OP.

That way people would have more control over their roster and would have a better chance of meeting the Act 6.2 (and future) requirements
    End game player with 2 5*R5s? Have you done 6.1 100% yet? Just curious.
    Kabam literally said that Endgame Players are those who are Cavalier now... I've completed every piece of content Kabam has released in the past few years with ease in a short amount of time. So yes: I am an Endgame player. Plus, measuring a players progression level by their amount of R5 5*s is very poor.
    Just to saitisfy you: No, I have not 100% 6.1 yet. Yes, I could do it. Why don't I do it? Because I save my Units for two things I consider to be more important: Act 6.2-6.4 completion & the 4th of July offers. After I'm done with the 6.4 completion I'll target 100% Act 6 as by that time it's very likely we have new upgraded crystals which save me even more units.
    At no point did Kabam say endgame players were Cavalier. They said mid game players were not cavalier, and you are applying incorrect logic to apply the inverse.

Ultra8529 said:

xNig said:

Ultra8529 said:

Continuing to just make fights longer and longer is just boring. They're trying to come up with new ways to increase difficulty without just ramping up health/attack. The days of a new player being able to pull one amazing champ and clearing the same content on day one as someone who's been playing for years are done and I'm fine with that.
    Nobody on day 1 will have the skill to do that. The irony though is that the current system encourages someone joining and within a minimum period whale out enough cash to get a 6* roster and being able to clear whatever a 4-year player has been able to.

Difficulty can be ramped up without making fights longer and longer. In fact just look at all the new nodes and mechanics, it is all about changing up your fighting style otherwise you get degen or something to that effect. They just realised that the best players are able to learn anything that they can throw at them, and therefore need to move towards a spend-gate rather than skill-gate.
    Ultra8529 said:

Ultra8529 said:

xNig said:

Ultra8529 said:

Nobody on day 1 will have the skill to do that. The irony though is that the current system encourages someone joining and within a minimum period whale out enough cash to get a 6* roster and being able to clear whatever a 4-year player has been able to.

Difficulty can be ramped up without making fights longer and longer. In fact just look at all the new nodes and mechanics, it is all about changing up your fighting style otherwise you get degen or something to that effect. They just realised that the best players are able to learn anything that they can throw at them, and therefore need to move towards a spend-gate rather than skill-gate.
    No one will be able to tackle 6.2 on day one? I'd be willing to bet I get close to if not complete it day one just like I did 6.1. I highly doubt exploration will be all that far behind it either.
    There have always been 2 ways to progress in this game time/skill or money/skill. It seems like a lot of people want to progress without using either.

Ultra8529 said:

Ultra8529 said:

xNig said:

Ultra8529 said:

No one will be able to tackle 6.2 on day one? I'd be willing to bet I get close to if not complete it day one just like I did 6.1. I highly doubt exploration will be all that far behind it either.
    Day 1 of starting the game. That was the context...

There have always been 2 ways to progress in this game time/skill or money/skill. It seems like a lot of people want to progress without using either.

That is not true at all. I think people wouldn't mind a really difficult quest that requires lots of skill and also items which have to be farmed up. That involves time/skill if you are not a spender.

The problem with arbitrary 6* gates is to introduce a hard spending limit based not on how good you are, or how much time you have invested in the game, but whether (1) you have got the RNG on your side to get non-dupes of 6*s, or (2) are willing to spend on cavalier crystals to acquire a broad 6* roster.

It is in fact in pursuit of the game encouraging progress through skill that a player should be allowed to use 4* or 5*s in a quest, as opposed to a 6*. The only real difference is that 6*s are expensive to get whereas 4*s and 5*s are relatively less so.
    Ultra8529 said:

That is not true at all. I think people wouldn't mind a really difficult quest that requires lots of skill and also items which have to be farmed up. That involves time/skill if you are not a spender.

The problem with arbitrary 6* gates is to introduce a hard spending limit based not on how good you are, or how much time you have invested in the game, but whether (1) you have got the RNG on your side to get non-dupes of 6*s, or (2) are willing to spend on cavalier crystals to acquire a broad 6* roster.

It is in fact in pursuit of the game encouraging progress through skill that a player should be allowed to use 4* or 5*s in a quest, as opposed to a 6*. The only real difference is that 6*s are expensive to get whereas 4*s and 5*s are relatively less so.
    You don't HAVE to spend a single cent on this game to do anything. You do have to spend more time building a roster if you don't spend. Some of you will just have to deal with that fact.