**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I’m about to quit the game with my luck.

I understand RNG, but this game is killing me lately.
A while back, I got a 5 star awakening gem crystal from a Kabam compensation package and pulled a mutant. Not too bad, except my best mutant 5 star was a Storm or Cable. So I figure I’ll just wait for an Archangel or Iceman.

Fast forward a couple months, and I’m exploring 5.4. It’s going alright, a few hurdles but nothing I can’t manage. I spend a lot of units on revives, but I make it through. And then today, I spent all my 300 units on revives so I was ready, used my big boy boosts, and popped a few energy refills. I finally explored 5.4 and was estatic to open the rewards

I pop a few T4CC crystals, and get only skill, which I’ve already got a bunch of. Then, on to the 5 star awakening gem crystal. And bam, another mutant. My only 2 5 star gems I’ve ever pulled, and they’re both mutant. I still haven’t even used my first one, because I still don’t have anyone worth it. But whatever, hopefully these 5 star crystals will make up for it.

So I have a 5 star basic and featured crystal to open. I open the basic first, and POW. Howard the duck, for the first time. Alright, that sucks. Maybe I’ll get lucky with the featured and pull a Nick Fury, Havok, or Mr. Sinister. So I spin out the crystal. And it lands on...
Sentry. First time pull.

I’m destroyed. I just used my best boosts, spent a bunch of units, all to have my hopes destroyed. I don’t have many good 5 stars, and the ones that most people say are good need to be awakened, and mine aren’t. My only rank 4s are a unduped Hyperion, a duped OG Black Panther, and a duped OG Captain America. My 6 stars aren’t much better, and I don’t think that there’s much more for my to do. I can’t do much, because I don’t have the right champs. I just really don’t know whether or not I should keep playing.

Comments

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    I opened 20 of the current featured crystals on day 1 and got nick fury once and a bunch of trash. They're horrible value for anyone but people with an already absolutely stacked roster.
  • LittlePeteLittlePete Posts: 50

I opened 20 of the current featured crystals on day 1 and got nick fury once and a bunch of trash. They're horrible value for anyone but people with an already absolutely stacked roster.

Well I wish I had known that before I tried one 🙄🙄
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    my luck has sucked lately as well for a bout a couple of months

Well I wish I had known that before I tried one 🙄🙄
    Kamala wasn't even awakened when this crystal dropped. She's now at sig 140-160 I've pulled her specifically so many times. Cable is another one that's up to around 100 bc of this crystal
    I think I've opened about 35-40 of them by this point and I've pulled thing once, another nick, havok once, and marvel maybe once not positive though as I max sigged her through stones.
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    edited May 2019
    I’ve opened back to back to back 5* murant ags and from act 5 100% got my og Im to sig 40 and got a first pull of iron patriot a while ago. Sentry isn’t the worst worse. Look at some of idelist’s videos on sentry
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    5.4 has a ton of good rewards other than a couple crystals though. T5B and stuff. The fact is that most of the time you will not pull what you want. You are a huge underdog as the odds go. If you can push through, and keep going you will eventually get champs you want to rank highly. If you can’t handle the disappointment, and it upsets you that much, then maybe you should stop.
  • BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★

I understand RNG, but this game is killing me lately.
    A while back, I got a 5 star awakening gem crystal from a Kabam compensation package and pulled a mutant. Not too bad, except my best mutant 5 star was a Storm or Cable. So I figure I’ll just wait for an Archangel or Iceman.

Fast forward a couple months, and I’m exploring 5.4. It’s going alright, a few hurdles but nothing I can’t manage. I spend a lot of units on revives, but I make it through. And then today, I spent all my 300 units on revives so I was ready, used my big boy boosts, and popped a few energy refills. I finally explored 5.4 and was estatic to open the rewards

I pop a few T4CC crystals, and get only skill, which I’ve already got a bunch of. Then, on to the 5 star awakening gem crystal. And bam, another mutant. My only 2 5 star gems I’ve ever pulled, and they’re both mutant. I still haven’t even used my first one, because I still don’t have anyone worth it. But whatever, hopefully these 5 star crystals will make up for it.

So I have a 5 star basic and featured crystal to open. I open the basic first, and POW. Howard the duck, for the first time. Alright, that sucks. Maybe I’ll get lucky with the featured and pull a Nick Fury, Havok, or Mr. Sinister. So I spin out the crystal. And it lands on...
    Sentry. First time pull.

I’m destroyed. I just used my best boosts, spent a bunch of units, all to have my hopes destroyed. I don’t have many good 5 stars, and the ones that most people say are good need to be awakened, and mine aren’t. My only rank 4s are a unduped Hyperion, a duped OG Black Panther, and a duped OG Captain America. My 6 stars aren’t much better, and I don’t think that there’s much more for my to do. I can’t do much, because I don’t have the right champs. I just really don’t know whether or not I should keep playing.

I feel your deception. I went a year of trash 5*, no joke, over 25 old trash 5*.... members of my alliance where pulling Godtiers left and right, and I got Squat.

But I get it, pulling the big game changing hero that will allow us to clear more content, save potions and revive, even allow us to get in the best alliances, the ones that ask for certain type of godtiers.... the RNg can really be punishing at times to a point where you think the game does it on purpose....

Gotta say I wanted to quit a few times, but I sticked around, joined a great bunch of playing buddy’s, cleared a lot of AQ and AW... got great rewards from it, and then the RNG started to go my way....

Pulled, not in order, but the following... korg, champion, modok, angela, guillotine as 6*, AA, venum, blade, Ghost Rider, Gween Pool... and a few thrash in between, but overall the last pull where amazing good 5*.

So I understand you want to quit, and if you play only for the good pulls, you will be deceived.

Play for your buddy’s in your alliance, have fun, play as a team to win AW and AQ, this is really the fun of this game. And eventually, the RNG will be in your favor.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    It’s comes in waves. I went about 4 months between pulling a decent 5 star then in the course of a month added ghost/VTD/symbiotic supreme/IMIW. I’m back in a drought now for last 2 months or so of trash pulls.

On the awakening gem front I understand. I had 2 tech and no good techs for about 8 months. Be patient though eventually your time will come(ghost and IMIW for me above got them).

My current misfortune comes with rank up gems. I only get them for the classes I either don’t need or don’t have anyone worthy right now.
  • Nick1109Nick1109 Posts: 594 ★★★
    I got a 5* tech from the compensation then I got another 5* tech after spending Intel on it from the Captain Marvel event I know exactly how you're feeling.
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,146 ★★★
    😂 that ain't nothing..I had mystic 4 and 5* awakening gems and only had Loki for both to use it on
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Hey man, I feel your pain. My last 15 5 stars have been trash except thing, who needs synergies. Don’t give up, keep trying. You can probably keep pushing and finish a few things in the future.
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    Yeah, it can be rough, but it's up to you if the game isn't worth it anymore. I personally have, I think, 18 5* and most are useless. So, I'm still running 4*s most of the time, which is ok for now. Hopefully things eventually start stacking up so I can tackle endgame content a little easier.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,153 ★★★★★
    Keep playing.