**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Which of these 5 star champions should I rank up for starting uncollected

Hi Everyone

I've just beaten Mastreo at act 4 (and to be honest he was quite easy to deafet) and now I face act 5. I know that I'll need a stacked up 5 star to complete this, but the problem is the three I own are absolutely garbage. It takes me months to get a 5 star and then find out it was for nothing as I get kabamed. I do have some good 4 stars, but I'don't have any where near enough materials to rank one up fully. Which of these champions are most suitable for act 5. Because I'm begining to think that it should be Howard the Duck just for the sake of memes.

Which of these 5 star champions should I rank up for starting uncollected 25 votes

Howard the Duck
8%
John757BenQcSlayer 2 votes
Vulture
12%
username7312The_red_EclipseBatman1903 3 votes
Elektra
80%
winterthurKihlgastMixkebabSamdroxtaarFishman46hiddenblizzardChampioncriticMoudouFhfjghhggggjfhfjgTheSpicyKnightEtjamaUltimatesaber32monomuggEinfachSoThe_WatcherEvisceratorCtleath_013FreeToPlay_21Thicco_ModeTheSpeedoLord 20 votes

Comments

• SpiderWarrior77SpiderWarrior77 Posts: 22
    I'm guessing she's good with bleed damage and crits. But I don't know if she'll be useful in Act 5.
  • CoryMatthewsThoCoryMatthewsTho Posts: 145
    You can make progress in act 5 with the right 4*s. If those are your only three options, I'd focus on your 4*s, UNLESS you have people who have synergies w/ Vulture. Otherwise I'd work on 4*s. You're gonna find out in act 5 that some paths/maps need a certain kind of champion to be able to complete it without struggling too much.
    edited May 2019
    Do you know what good synergies Vulture gives? Because I do have Stark Spidey and they'll probably add something beneficial.
    I don't have Vulture, so I'm not sure. I believe he has one with Sparky, Doc Ock & Electro. You'll have to check for sure yourself. I think it's his synergy w/ Doc Ock that makes him decent, but I could be wrong. It's definitely someone from the spideyverse.
    Cheers I'll look into it.

Sparky's synergy w/ Vulture

Doc Ock's synergy w/ Vulture

Vulture's synergies. (I only have him as a 3*, so I'm sure 5* version has more synergies)

Hope this helps.
    Again thanks for this, I'm watching Seatin's videos on him aswell.
    No prob. If you can post your 4* roster, I can point out which 4*s would be useful in Act 5.
    I don't have my phone on me and I don't remember them exactly so exact stats of the main 4 champions I use, it will a show if you find my profile. But I do remember that I have some useful ones I don't use. Unawakened champions like

Carnage at 2/5
    Luke Cage at 2/5
    Heimdall (haven't ranked him up at all)
    Quake at 2/5 or 3/5
    Starlord at 2/5
    X-23 at 2/5 or 3/5

The main ones I use that are at least 3/5 or higher which are:

Old Man Logan awakened at 20 sig level
    Hulk at 38 sig level
    Blade (unawakened)
    Stark Spidey (unawakened)
    Punisher(unawakened)
    Those are all 4*? Heimdall can be useful just for his synergy. Luke Cage being bleed immune & Hulk being poison Immune will be helpful on certain paths. I would definitely get Blade & Sparky to r5. Their synergy together is pretty useful. Starlord is also r5 worthy if he's duped, and so is Quake, but she's difficult to use correctly. Also x-23 is awesome too. She deals incredible bleed damage + regens. I actually have her as a 5* r3.
    edited May 2019
    The materials I need to fully rank up Blade and Spidey will take me a while, hence why starlord is at a low level since I used my tech catalyst on Spidey. I find that X-23 and Quake have very low health and don't take hits very well, but yeah X-23 is probably a better choice than Old Man Logan.
    edited May 2019
    OML is one of the worst mutant class champs in the game. Yes, x-23 has low health, which is why you rely on dexterity (dodging hits) and parrying. Generally the lower the health pool, the more damage they do.

As far as materials, every week when you get glory, use it to buy the sets of 18,000 t4b frags in the glory store. If everything you listed above is the extent of your 4* and 5* roster, then you're a long way from being able to handle Act 5.

Your top two priorities should be r5ing Blade and Sparky. In the meantime you should be completing every difficulty you can handle of each month's EQ, as well as fully exploring the highest difficulty you can handle.

You should also start working on fully exploring Act 4. That's gonna be by far the best way for you to farm iso to level up your champs. Mastreo is one thing. The Collector on 5.2.6 is a whole different ballgame, and you won't stand a chance without a MINIMUM of five r5 4* champs. I know you wanna become Uncollected, but you're a looooong way from having a strong enough roster. Focus on doing everything you can to rank up. Out of the champs you listed, this is the team I would most recommend working towards:

Blade r5
    Sparky r5
    Hulk r5
    Luke Cage r5
    Starlord r5 IF he's duped, if he's not x-23 r5
    Thanks for setting me some goals. This game is so frustrating that it's hard to focus on anything apart from easy rewards. I did not know that OML is one of the worst of mutant class, I'll get to ranking X-23 and the other champions cheers :smile:
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★
    Elektra

A lot of people are probably going to tell you he’s awful but I think you should make your own mind up about him. He’s one of my personal favourites and yes he is actually very useful as long as you know how to use him. I’ll start with his sig first because it massively improves him. From the description it doesn’t sound that impressive, but if you’re able to manage the pacifism charges well it’s really good. Basically unduped Logan has 2 ways to inflict bleed. His sp2 can inflict up to 3 relatively high damage bleeds and his sp3 guarantees one bleed (sp1 and 2 are far better than 3). Awakened he can inflict bleed on any special including sp1 as long as he has pacifism.

Let’s say you have 3 charges of pacifism when you launch a sp2. Sp2 has 3 hits. Awakened he will be able to inflict UP TO 4 bleeds on each hit with 3 charges of pacifism. So 12 total. 3 from his sig, and one from his unduped sp2 bleed. These are different bleeds with different damages and durations. The unduped bleed is stronger, but his sig is brutal when you get enough stacks. More pacifism=more likely to get a lot of stacks. As you can imagine Deep Wounds is particularly useful to have with Logan.

The same applies to his sp1. If you have 3 charges of pacifism you could get up to 3 bleeds from his sp1, up to 5 with 5 charges of pacifism and so on. Sp1 is great because it pierces 100% of the opponent’s armour. I’ve had crits of over 10k at r5.

Berserk is excellent for burst damage. Each time an opponent uses a special, or you lose 10% health he gains a charge of pacifism. Each time he gains he has a chance to go berserk with fury and cruelty. Again, if you get enough charges beforehand he hitsreally hard during berserk and bleed damage does scale up.

His Regen is more useful than it seems also. It’s permanent and recovers around 4.5k health per minute at r5 with recovery. Perfect for replacing lost health from chip damage when blocking and using parry. Play well and you can consider him a good Regen champ.

He shrugs bleed off 85% faster than normal. So you can easily go through a bleed node taking very little damage with his Regen on top of that. What’s left can heal up later in the fight. He’s a better all rounder than wolverine or x-23 with a great damage output and some healing. Bleed immunes are not an issue due to berserk and sp1 and you can choose not to inflict bleed on certain champs like cable, who will then put Degen on you in return.

Is he worth a gem? Entirely up to you, if you like him then I’d use a class gem. Not generic though. Also depends on what other mutants you have and what types of champs you need more of.

This is a pic from a while ago when I had him at 4/40. I deliberately took some hits to get my pacifism up but keep in mind that was only because the opponent wouldn’t have survived long enough otherwise. It’s very possible to repeat this by simply baiting specials and not taking damage. owibkmy9nsv9.jpeg

• winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★
    Elektra
    I really wonder if people saying OML is bad knows how to use this champ.

OML is an unusual and underappreciated champion design in that he rewards patience and careful opportunistic attacks. He's very much the opposite of Corvus*, whose design is intended to finish fights as fast as possible. *Yes Corvus is (obviously) better; but that's not the point: you play with the champs you have, not the ones you want.

His regeneration is very underrated; but because it's up 100% of the time, it actually does quite a lot of good. Especially if he has the Sabertooth synergy.

It's roughly on a par with Angela's, but doesn't require him to take damage first. She also loses any Resilience counters at the end of the fight; whereas OML will just keep healing again the moment the next match begins.

His bleed resistance is in some ways more useful than bleed immunity (especially vs Electra and Yondu), and used carefully he can do a lot of questing. You can use him against Masochism nodes, as (unawakened) he doesn't rely on debuffs for damage. He can also be useful against highly armoured champs like Emma Frost because his SP1 effectively does True Damage.

Just don't take him against someone who targets buffs, like Ronan, DV or Morningstar. And I'd avoid any fights taking place on a Burden Of Might node, too...

Your right with the quote that OML is a opportunistic character. But to be honest I'm looking for champs that will finish the fight as quickly as possible. OML sometimes hits like a sponge other times like a truck I need some one more consistent and reliable. I've never understood the purpose of his pacifist charges but now I know so thanks for posting this quote.

OML is an unusual and underappreciated champion design in that he rewards patience and careful opportunistic attacks. He's very much the opposite of Corvus*, whose design is intended to finish fights as fast as possible. *Yes Corvus is (obviously) better; but that's not the point: you play with the champs you have, not the ones you want.

His regeneration is very underrated; but because it's up 100% of the time, it actually does quite a lot of good. Especially if he has the Sabertooth synergy.

It's roughly on a par with Angela's, but doesn't require him to take damage first. She also loses any Resilience counters at the end of the fight; whereas OML will just keep healing again the moment the next match begins.

His bleed resistance is in some ways more useful than bleed immunity (especially vs Electra and Yondu), and used carefully he can do a lot of questing. You can use him against Masochism nodes, as (unawakened) he doesn't rely on debuffs for damage. He can also be useful against highly armoured champs like Emma Frost because his SP1 effectively does True Damage.

Just don't take him against someone who targets buffs, like Ronan, DV or Morningstar. And I'd avoid any fights taking place on a Burden Of Might node, too...

It doesn't matter if you're the greatest person in the world at using OML, he's not going to be much of a help, if any help at all, in Act 5. He was also one of the options to vote for getting a buff, so I'm obviously not the only one who thinks there are far better Mutant options than him. Sure he may be help in an occasional fight, but X-23 is the better option in every aspect. Her regen happens more often, she causes massive bleed damage, and my favorite thing, against non-bleeders, she gains cruelty buffs instead. But the biggest selling point is the Regen, which is major considering no one he listed besides Blade (who isn't awakened) can regen.
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    edited May 2019
    I've cleared paths in every chapter of Act 5 with 5/50s. You just need a bit of skill and good champs. I wouldn't worry about your 5*s because they're a little meh.. Plus, pushing yourself with 4*s will only make you better.

I would rank Sparky, LC, and Blade for sure if they're you're best. Quake is hard to play but is one of the absolute best champs in the game IMO. She can work around a ton of annoying nodes and champs if played right.

I would rank X-23 for bleed and regen. And since you have Blade and X-23, you might want to consider getting the deep wounds mastery for more bleed damage.
    Thanks for the info, Mastery's are expensive, I've only just bought dexterity, Do you how many units it will cost?
  • BrudixTreeBrudixTree Posts: 801 ★★

A big Problem about champs who dont finish a fight fast is for example in the following Situation: Act 4, chapter 3.1 til 5:
    At the beginning of a fight you get a random buff or debuff, as Degeneration, bleed, armor up or rage. When you get a champ that hits 15 hits to kill the enemy, you dont have to worry about These debuffs that much. But OML hits 50 times and in this time, he will for sure loose 50% by any Degeneration. His heal is like 25 hp per secont, which is not enough to stand against 70 poison damage per second....

Thanks for the info, Mastery's are expensive, I've only just bought dexterity, Do you how many units it will cost?

You only have Dexterity? You don't have parry?

Not to sound rude or anything, but I'm having a really difficult time understanding how you beat Act 4 with no Parry and 1 maybe 2 champs above r3. The fact that you said you found Maestro to be easy on top of that makes zero sense to me.

And if you "only just bought dexterity" that means you somehow managed to clear the majority of the Act 4 levels with low ranked champs who can't Parry or Dex.
  • BrudixTreeBrudixTree Posts: 801 ★★

You only have Dexterity? You don't have parry?

Not to sound rude or anything, but I'm having a really difficult time understanding how you beat Act 4 with no Parry and 1 maybe 2 champs above r3. The fact that you said you found Maestro to be easy on top of that makes zero sense to me.

And if you "only just bought dexterity" that means you somehow managed to clear the majority of the Act 4 levels with low ranked champs who can't Parry or Dex.
    i think what he meant was that he has only bought dexerity
    and i went through akt 4 chapter 1 and 2 only with a 3 star max duped hulk ^^ and i only ad 3 4 stars that time xD
    edited May 2019
    I never said I didn't have parry, of course I have Parry. Onnly a fool would try to complete Act 4 without it. As for the rankings of my champions , I may have butchered in telling you their ranks.