**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Domino breaking blocks

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,980 ★★★★★
    zeezee57 said:

Once again fighting Domino in Variant 2 1.2 and the same issue. I'm not trying to dex out of her combo because I'm not an idiot. If this were the non issue the usual suspects claim Kabam would have commented by now saying as much.

@Demonzfyre you tell me the software to use and I'll record a video. Again I don't record myself playing a video game, because why would I, so Idk what exactly you're talking about with the finger placement ****. I downloaded an app to record and there's nothing about that in there. But hey everyone coming here to look into the same issue is an idiot who doesn't know what they're doing but thankfully you're here to set everyone straight. And yea I'm sure I'm coming across as a **** because this same thing keeps happening and to have someone keep telling me I'm doing something I'm not gets old.

I use DU Recorder. Theres a option to turn on touch points. Depending on what device you have, you might have to turn on the touch points through developer options. To post videos, you have to upload them to YouTube then put link in here. I always upload as unlisted since I don't have a channel.
    zeezee57 said:

zeezee57 said:

Once again fighting Domino in Variant 2 1.2 and the same issue. I'm not trying to dex out of her combo because I'm not an idiot. If this were the non issue the usual suspects claim Kabam would have commented by now saying as much.

@Demonzfyre you tell me the software to use and I'll record a video. Again I don't record myself playing a video game, because why would I, so Idk what exactly you're talking about with the finger placement ****. I downloaded an app to record and there's nothing about that in there. But hey everyone coming here to look into the same issue is an idiot who doesn't know what they're doing but thankfully you're here to set everyone straight. And yea I'm sure I'm coming across as a **** because this same thing keeps happening and to have someone keep telling me I'm doing something I'm not gets old.

I use DU Recorder. Theres a option to turn on touch points. Depending on what device you have, you might have to turn on the touch points through developer options. To post videos, you have to upload them to YouTube then put link in here. I always upload as unlisted since I don't have a channel.
    I'm just gonna stick with the recorder I have since I really don't use it. I think this should be sufficient, it's a still from that video that clearly shows my block fully engaged but her putting full damage right through it.

And apologies for coming across as an Ahole in this thread but when you know exactly what you're doing, which in this case is holding your block, and your using revives when she goes right through it only to be told no it's not happening it gets pretty frustrating.
    Im not trying to be argumentive but in that last still frame you are blocking but she does enough damage to KO you. She has a huge attack rating as well. In the GIF, you don't get the parry the 2nd time and shes lucky and you have crit failure. In these 2 pieces it looks like she killed you through the block with the 2nd hit.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,720 ★★★★★

zeezee57 said:

zeezee57 said:

I'm just gonna stick with the recorder I have since I really don't use it. I think this should be sufficient, it's a still from that video that clearly shows my block fully engaged but her putting full damage right through it.

And apologies for coming across as an Ahole in this thread but when you know exactly what you're doing, which in this case is holding your block, and your using revives when she goes right through it only to be told no it's not happening it gets pretty frustrating.
    Im not trying to be argumentive but in that last still frame you are blocking but she does enough damage to KO you. She has a huge attack rating as well. In the GIF, you don't get the parry the 2nd time and shes lucky and you have crit failure. In these 2 pieces it looks like she killed you through the block with the 2nd hit.
    That critical failure alone would have not had killed venom as seen the previous had not done much damage and out of nowhere there is a 7k crit
    Zuro said:

zeezee57 said:

zeezee57 said:

That critical failure alone would have not had killed venom as seen the previous had not done much damage and out of nowhere there is a 7k crit
    Well she's in lucky phase, he's low health and a 4*. To me, its plausible that the block damage alone killed him. At least in this case.

Zuro said:

zeezee57 said:

zeezee57 said:

Well she's in lucky phase, he's low health and a 4*. To me, its plausible that the block damage alone killed him. At least in this case.
    I don't mean to sound aggressive but what does the lucky phase have to do with anything
    edited May 2019
    Zuro said:

Zuro said:

zeezee57 said:

zeezee57 said:

I don't mean to sound aggressive but what does the lucky phase have to do with anything

A lot. Its why you see a 7k crit through block. The picture is from my 3* version of her. A 5/65 version is much higher.
    In that description where does it say she crit through block? It doesn't...
    zeezee57 said:

Domino doesn't crit through blocks like Corvus does and even when he does get a crit on the opponents block the damage numbers aren't large like that. That's what a landed crit looks like, not a blocked crit.

Theres a ton of discussion about it. Ive seen where guaranteed crits are able to hit through blocks. I don't have a 5/65 domino to test with and anytime I duel a domino she never breaks my block. All I can say is with what you have provided, more so in that screenshot, you were still blocking during the 2nd hit and you can tell from Venoms stance.
    As zeezee57 mentioned if it was a crit through block the numbers would not have appeared like that
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★

zeezee57 said:

zeezee57 said:

In this specific scenario I have to agree with Demon here. If she had broke the block venom wouldn't still have his combo on the same screen that the damage is shown on. ... right?
    I mean, how fast does the combo counter go away when being legitimately hit?
    Stewman said:

zeezee57 said:

zeezee57 said:

In this specific scenario I have to agree with Demon here. If she had broke the block venom wouldn't still have his combo on the same screen that the damage is shown on. ... right?
    I'm pretty sure he would still have yhe combo meter as that screenshot is taken as soon as he gets hit by the double medium which is a pretty fast attack and In the video it goes away as soon as the last hit from the medium hits not after the first hit so that must mean that the second hit ended the combo meter
  • ManiacalMeManiacalMe Posts: 57
    What I have been saying consistently no matter how many times you tell me I’m releasing my block the video posted proves that his block was broken. He is holding block and a crit for 7k pops up. Domino does not crit through blocks and never has. Not when I’ve been using her. And def does not crit for 7k through a block. Before you’re all saying we’re releasing block, now you’re saying she can crit through blocks? Since when?

I’ve been saying it’s the second hit of the double medium that’s breaking it. Why can’t we get a mod to at least come on here and mention it?

I also have not been able to duplicate this in duels. Only in war and questing.
    Stewman said:

zeezee57 said:

zeezee57 said:

idk What this even means. Why would that matter? If you tried to evade it or broke the block a hit is a hit. I’m sure if you recorded a fight you can always find spots where the numbers show before the champion reacts to being hit.

The screen shot that of a paused video that zeezee posted is a perfect example of what’s going on here. Clearly there is a bug in there somewhere causing her to deal that damage while he’s still holding block. This is the most obvious piece of evidence I have seen.
    @zeezee57 this is someone from my alliance.

Frame by frame.

Here you can see that block was never released. Holding block. Then the next frame the block is BROKEN by the second 2nd hit of her double medium.
    In all honesty, it doesn't show anything. There are 2 ways to prove this.
    1. Video of your fingers during game play with another phone/tablet.
    2. Turn on "Show Touches" on your phone through developer options like I did.
    I am up loading a video right now of 3 fights against Domino and then I am going to record fights in Variant as well of fights against her each video will have the touches shown on the screen.

In all honesty, it doesn't show anything. There are 2 ways to prove this.
    1. Video of your fingers during game play with another phone/tablet.
    2. Turn on "Show Touches" on your phone through developer options like I did.
    I am up loading a video right now of 3 fights against Domino and then I am going to record fights in Variant as well of fights against her each video will have the touches shown on the screen.

It’s clear as day that Hyperion does not let go of block. His block is held all the way up until the shot hits. Which causes the block to drop and he gets hit.
    3 duels against Domino. Tried for a 6* R2 but couldn't find one.
    https://youtu.be/p0YaT7l9-0E

Variant 2 slowed down. Shows me blocking and then me trying to dex. 2nd part looks exactly like your hyperion fight. Watch the white dot at bottom left.
    https://youtu.be/2crluvskxJo
    zeezee57 said:

Ironic that nobody has this issue with any champ outside of Domino

Ironic that no other champ (besides Drax) has a double medium. 🤔