**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

All or Nothing Node Not Working in AW

WedgemonsterWedgemonster Posts: 323 ★★★
Last war I fought against Thing on node 22 (tier 5) with Magik. The node should be all or nothing, but Thing was throwing sp1s and sp2s regularly. It worked in my favor because it would have been a really difficult fight if he hadn't, but it could have very easily caught me off-guard as I was not expecting any specials to be thrown before sp3. It also isn't really fair to the defending team, as that would have been a much tougher placement if working as it is supposed to.

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Last war I fought against Thing on node 22 (tier 5) with Magik. The node should be all or nothing, but Thing was throwing sp1s and sp2s regularly. It worked in my favor because it would have been a really difficult fight if he hadn't, but it could have very easily caught me off-guard as I was not expecting any specials to be thrown before sp3. It also isn't really fair to the defending team, as that would have been a much tougher placement if working as it is supposed to.

it used to be, and may still be the case, that if you power drained after they reached full energy they would still throw off a lower special.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    I'm guessing you let him get three bars before throwing the SP2 for power drain. That usually gets them to throw specials.

I can't remember for sure, but I don't think that was the case. Even if so, after that he kept throwing specials throughout the fight without ever hitting a sp3 or being power drained.

that would happen if you let him get to 3 bars then drained.

That must have been what I did then. Because after interpreting the wording of that node more carefully "This champion stores power until its third special attack is ready" I can see how that could be the case. So they only store power until they fill 3 bars of power one time. I was always under the impression they only threw special 3s with that node, and never experienced otherwise. You could read it either way. That really should be made more clear.

technically you fill them with 3 bars then drain 2, at that point they should throw sp1s constantly under that wording.
  • Nabz034Nabz034 Posts: 209 ★★
    I just got hit with an S1 from Sinister. I blocked it but it was unexpected and drained degenerated half my health.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    I know some champs will break that node. ie thor rag will just throw specials whenever. same with hood
  • Phone2312Phone2312 Posts: 87
    Happened to me as well. I was surprised to see IMIW throw his special one against LC. Evaded the sp1, but I also had LCs indestructible not activate on that node this round of war so he ate up half my health. Yaayyy!!!
  • KrrrisshhnnaaKrrrisshhnnaa Posts: 38
    It happened with me as well. Magik against thing on node 22. Thing had just one bar of power and then came sp1. Thing is more powerful than kabam.