**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How Is Disorient Debuff Supposed to Work?

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,548 ★★★★★
Could someone shed light on how this particular debuff is supposed to work?

Other than NT and Ronin, I’m not sure anyone else can place it on an opponent, but it looks like a simple defensive AAR debuff.

In NT’s case, it would reduce defensive AAR by 50%. For example, an evader’s chance to evade would decrease by half. Similarly, Agent Venom’s tenacity should (in theory) have a reduced chance to shrug Disorient debuffs off (70% down to 30%).

In practice, it feels like anything but this. Given that it’s a relatively new debuff, I’m willing to consider that I may misunderstand it.

Any other insight?

Dr. Zola

Comments

• Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I’m pretty sure you’re correct. I’m trying to get some clarification on the Ronin spotlight thread but maybe just all forms of DAAR are bugged right now because Wraith stance and disorient don’t seem to reduce defensive ability accuracy at all.

Also, I believe Masacre has it on his L1 and with NT synergy a few other champs get it as well like CAIW, SL, and....?
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    Daar is in play while you are attacking. First introduced with Masacre and i have seen it function on numerous occasions.

Quickest way to test is prolly electro, on the left, in 5.4.6. Watch how you do not take relfective damage a good portion of the time.
  • Options

Daar is in play while you are attacking. First introduced with Masacre and i have seen it function on numerous occasions.

Quickest way to test is prolly electro, on the left, in 5.4.6. Watch how you do not take relfective damage a good portion of the time.

That’s what I would assume. Maybe NT’s Disorient is simply weaker than I would expect (although 50% seems relatively strong).

I don’t post to YouTube so no chance of any videos. Will take a spin against Electro, Modok, Spidey, SG to see if my experience improves.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Ctleath_013Ctleath_013 Posts: 416 ★★
    Don’t know exactly what it does, but CAIW also has it in a synergy with someone. He places a disorient buff on the enemy when he parries. It is pretty nice.
  • Options
    There’s a synergy between NT and CapIW, also NT and SL, that grants Disorient.

Maybe @V1PER1987 is encountering an issue where an ability is neither offensive nor defensive. Overload would seem to be defensive, but maybe not?

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DrZola said:

Maybe @V1PER1987 is encountering an issue where an ability is neither offensive nor defensive. Overload would seem to be defensive, but maybe not?

Dr. Zola

I just find it really hard to believe that they changed arc overload from a defensive ability. It triggers because you get hit and your health reduces below a certain threshold.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    V1PER1987 said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

I just find it really hard to believe that they changed arc overload from a defensive ability. It triggers because you get hit and your health reduces below a certain threshold.
    Oh I agree...I’m just trying to understand how a disoriented OGIM gets overload. Seems odd.

Maybe something for the future: have a fast track support department for newly released champs. Seems to be where so many problems arise and then go unaddressed. Calling Sym Supreme...

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    Night trasher has it too on his lv 1
  • Options

Night trasher has it too on his lv 1

This post specifically calls out NT’s disorient.
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,728 ★★★★★
    I have the same problem but with concussion like champs like kingpin and king Groot are able to shrug it off when there is 100 percent reduced ability accuracy
  • Options
    roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    Who’s NT?
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,728 ★★★★★
    roberto94 said:

Who’s NT?

Night Thrasher
  • Options
    bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    Disoriented Debuff is not just DAAR but also Block Proficiency Reduction by 50%. Quite a nice combo especially in NT case because he can also put on an Incinerate Debuff on opponent which will reduce another half of block proficiency.
    So in theory, with NT, you will hit hard even when the opponent is blocking
  • Options
    edited May 2019

Disoriented Debuff is not just DAAR but also Block Proficiency Reduction by 50%. Quite a nice combo especially in NT case because he can also put on an Incinerate Debuff on opponent which will reduce another half of block proficiency.
    So in theory, with NT, you will hit hard even when the opponent is blocking

On some things it works, and on others it doesn’t. For example, it gets shrugged 100% for me so far by Agent Venom. It can shut down Arc Overload, although only part of the time. It doesn’t turn off Ice Armor reforming (although that should be a textbook Defensive Ability, right?). It appears marginally successful against SG’s evade, which is surprising.

All of this only goes to say...it would be helpful if the game team could clarify exactly what Defensive Abilities are affected by DAAR. Presumably, they have access to the guy or gal who did the coding.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Quick update...shut off Mordo astral evade 5 out of 5 times with NT Disorient. Didn’t shut off Limbo any times on Magik, both in Stones Epic Quest.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Dsc0721Dsc0721 Posts: 83
    @DrZola are you sure it was disorient and not NT skate board attack preventing the evade? Mordo should not be be effected by the ability Acuracy modification?
  • Options
    Dsc0721 said:

@DrZola are you sure it was disorient and not NT skate board attack preventing the evade? Mordo should not be be effected by the ability Acuracy modification?

Actually, I’m totally not sure, which is why I posted. And you make a great point—I will try without debuff up and see what I get.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Dsc0721Dsc0721 Posts: 83
    I know that Mordo is immune to passive aar maybe disorient is active aar? Just another thought but I noticed the other day that spidergwens slow debuff shuts off Mordor evade which made me think NT skate board probably did too. I too would like some clarification on what constitutes defensive abilities some are obvious while others aren’t I feel like my massacres disorient does nothing whilst concussions from like Emma Frost seem to work a lot better. @DrZola