**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Who is better overall? Corvus or Obsidian?

XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
This debate has been going for a while now.
Both are great champs, but Cull Obsidian might be overpowering Corvus. Or is he?
Let me know who is better and why.
What I think:
Cull's damage is good, but Corvus has utility and can survive longer.

Comments

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    They’re both amazing at different things. The whole who’s better argument is ridiculous.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    “For a while now”? It’s been like 4 days since he’s been released. I think it would be best to wait at the very least, a couple weeks, but more so about a month after the champ is released to really be able to give an accurate review. But judging by a first glance, Cull seems to be the more “consistent” champ for end game content. If I’m not running suicides or boosting out the ying yang, Cull is going to be a better option. If you need a bleed, shock, or coldsnap immunity then Corvus might edge him out slightly. A big thing to keep in mind though is that Cull’s block proficiency is horrible.
    edited May 2019
    Yep. He and Ghost have basically the same block prof. It's quite bad. Corvus has him beat by like 7-8%
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    Ya I didn’t understand why his block sucked with his big shield. I understand balance but that’s just looks funny
  • MixkebabMixkebab Posts: 82
    My recommendation is whatever quest/AQ/AW you're bringing Cull to, you should bring Corvus to as well.

Corvus' strengths really balance out Cull's weakness. Cull clears content faster than Corvus, while Corvus eliminates your worries on some of the really annoying nodes. Hop back and forth on the two so they both build charges.
    The_Boss9 said:

Yep. He and Ghost have basically the same block prof. It's quite bad. Corvus has him beat by like 7-8%

By he you mean cull? Haha I would have expected a high block prof with that big ass shield of his
    Yes. Cull's block prof is 57-58%
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★

The_Boss9 said:

By he you mean cull? Haha I would have expected a high block prof with that big ass shield of his
    Yes. Cull's block prof is 57-58%
    Sheesh that’s bad
  • _I__I_ Posts: 306
    after seeing the gameplay feel Cull is better. Cow did show off his new pet fast enough. wolvie was dead in 47 hits in ROL.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Personally I’m with obsidian, he’s more versatile, easier to ramp up, has better damage when ramped up and doesn’t have any matchups where he’s basically useless like Corvus against ebony or sinister, the only ‘bad match’ is thing because he’s immune to armour break, but even then he’s not a bad option, the only thing Corvus really has over him is immunity
  • AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★
    Agree with the cannon galss description. I was lucky to get him out of 1 crystal as 5*... and Im having so much fun with his gameplay
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    Hyperion is the best cosmic.
  • GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 896 ★★★
    After playing Cull Obsidian for a while, I notice that one of the problems is his animation/play style.... Corvus' animation and game play mechanics are much smoother, and easier to learn. Cull obsidian is kind of stumble and heavy attack-demanding....
  • Skillful_starSkillful_star Posts: 755 ★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Personally I’m with obsidian, he’s more versatile, easier to ramp up, has better damage when ramped up and doesn’t have any matchups where he’s basically useless like Corvus against ebony or sinister, the only ‘bad match’ is thing because he’s immune to armour break, but even then he’s not a bad option, the only thing Corvus really has over him is immunity

I was an idiot last year btw
    Oh yeah,definitely....
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

I was an idiot last year btw
    Hindsight is 20/20
  • Sparx265Sparx265 Posts: 268
    Bruh