**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Early Look: New Alliance Wars Maps - Discussion Thread

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    RogerRabs said:

Buttehrs said:

Do people even read? Lol.

They do. And they have stated that while kabam said they want rewards to increase with these defense tatcits in season 11, season 10 is already seeing an increase of difficulty but nada on rewards. That is why people are upset.
    Okay. I'm going to put my Geico hat on and translate.
    This is an "Early Look". A heads-up into some of the changes that are coming, much the same as the Early Look at the AQ changes, in an effort to be transparent about what's coming. Something people always demand, but don't often recognize.
    Unless I'm totally mistaken, there will be an Announcement sometime close to the changes that breaks down Rewards and other things.
    Rewards have been outdated ever since the AQ change. The fact they plan on running another season with pout changing them shows they are out of touch.
    I'm talking about Season 6, which is already explained in the Thread, and commented on.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,746 ★★★★★

Jestress said:

First thing I scrolled to was rewards.

So we're changing the maps, nodes, etc, but not rolling out new rewards until Season 11.

Does this make sense?

Season 11 will have the biggest change to Alliance Wars since we rolled out Seasons! Defence Tactics is what we want the rewards update to coincide with.
    As in this right here.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Jestress said:

First thing I scrolled to was rewards.

So we're changing the maps, nodes, etc, but not rolling out new rewards until Season 11.

Does this make sense?

Season 11 will have the biggest change to Alliance Wars since we rolled out Seasons! Defence Tactics is what we want the rewards update to coincide with.
    As in this right here.
    Right. The Rewards are coming with the Defence Tactics introduction. How is that hard to understand?
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★

Jaded said:

The statement was made that no changes to the Rewards are coming. Not that they're coming later. I know what I responded to.

No one said they aren’t giving an update to rewards. Everyone has said they are giving us the new harder map for season 10 with a expected reward increase in season 11. No one has said otherwise.
    Yes, they did. People commented that there was NO REWARDS BOOST. That's what I commented on. Read the Thread again.
    I think they mean no immediate rewards boost with changes. Changing the map to be harder for a season for the same rewards is not really appropriate.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    I do kinda think a reasonable person can come to the same result Kabam did.

1. Roll out beta with 2 new changes, map and defense tactics, defense tactics being the grand new feature, map changes have happened before.

2. Beta players say its too much change too fast

3. Adjust release to consecutive seasons.

4. Increasing rewards, and then rolling out new feature later would be weird, and we'd like to just increase rewards once, so lets save that for season 11.

I think its a pretty reasonable thought process, but some token reward increase in season 10 would have made this gone over better.

2 extra war season crystals in each tier would make this a lot more palatable as a buffer between season 9 and season 11.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    edited May 2019
    I think most would just take all of the changes at once(Map and tactics) AND the rewards bump. I’d rather struggle with the learning curve for better rewards next season and be versed in season 11. Delaying the rewards out to season 11 is too far. Just drop all the changes and change the rewards in season 10.

This coupled with the recent AQ announcement saying rewards changes to AW first it just looks like we have no increases coming anytime soon.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,746 ★★★★★

So a little background on Season 11 Rewards Update:

We discussed the Reward Changes quite a bit, and the decision was made to hold back the Rewards update until Season 11, because we want that update to coincide with the addition of Defence Tactics.

While the Maps are new, and getting used to something new is never without Challenge, there isn't really an intended bump to difficulty with this Map update. There are more "mini-bosses", but not all of them have strong Buffs on them (nodes 15, 18, 20, 37, 41, 43, 44, 46, 47 don't have the big boosts found on other mini-boss nodes), and you will no longer be on your own to take them down.

Defence Tactics is the biggest update we've made to Alliance Wars since Seasons were introduced, and while we wanted to have them live for Season 10, the feedback we received that it was soon, and we needed to get these Maps out to everybody first.

You guys just conceded that there is some form of increased difficulty. Is it really that awful to give rewards a bump or update more than once in a blue moon?
  • PincheChingonPincheChingon Posts: 99
    “there isn't really an intended bump to difficulty”
    I bet an Odins, the unintentional bump in difficulty will happen!
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    I mean, it's pretty straight forward to line up node by node from the existing map to the new one and see that it is unambiguously more difficult.