**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Early Look: New Alliance Wars Maps - Discussion Thread

Comments

• HoSayHoSay Posts: 6
    How can you see the map tier your alliance is in?
  • bob59300bob59300 Posts: 32
    edited May 2019
    I m disappointed. Rewards are quite outdated. The new maps should have come with new rewards. It s a way to get your changes accepted by the community. And a way to feel like you are listening to them.

You don't give any reason why the rewards are not updated. Just a wait for season 11 and other changes. But you won't make us believe it requires hours of work to increase (even if it s symbolic for now) shards/fragments by a %.
  • jnikolas92jnikolas92 Posts: 192 ★★★
    love this game. the mechanics, characters, challenges are some of the most fun i've ever had playing a video game. the new wave of bugs that game with this update/month has really taxed my enjoyment. I get that bugs are natural with a game as complex as this, but what I'm frustrated with is the lack of acknowledgment and communication on Kabam's end in the bugs and issues section. there's still 3 to 5 crucial gameplay bugs that still exist, and @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos has failed to adequately keep us updated on the issues we're having during gameplay.
    it's discouraging to go through these bugs during resource intensive content such as AQ and AW and having to wait days (in this case multiple weeks) before a fraction of the bugs are fixed. at this point, we still don't know if the hitting into block bug, backdraft intercept bug, and sp3 dash bug is going to be resolved. there has been little communication from the mod/admin side, and it honestly feels as though we're being left behind and in the dark.
    i'm sad because i have so much fun interacting with the people i meet through the game, but this month/update and the way we've been treated has really left me bummed about what comes next.
    no rewards being updated...even with harder content coming, being left to play with crucial bugs, hot and cold communication on the forums. I want to look forward to playing this game, but all of this has made that impossible these days.
    we're left in limbo as to how the game will treat us in the next few weeks. all I'm really asking is for me to know that these issues will be resolved instead of being covered up with new content announcements.
    but no matter what new content comes next, i just can't get excited for it while the quality of the game and communication here is so poor.
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Simple question @Kabam Miike , can you remember me how we know that we are on Challenger or Expert map please ?

Just to be sure to read the right new buff we will have ;)
  • @Stellar look for the Tier you're in. You can find this in the war room. It's right below your Alliance ID and war rating. Tiers 1-3 Expert, Tiers 4 and 5 Challenger, Tiers 6-9 Hard, Tiers 10-12 Intermediate, and Tiers 16-22 Easy.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★

The #1 issue that has plagued the game for over a year plus is the COST. It costs too much to play your game, and with each change it's getting worse and worse.

Increased difficulty just means more money spent on potions, or more time spent grinding them if you're F2P.

It does not matter one bit how buffed the rewards get. You can give us 10 fully formed t5bs each war, if it's costing us more money out of our pockets or more time out of our lives to play this game, we don't want it.

Do not try and fool us with "better rewards", because they're just digital pixels and mean nothing. If it used to cost X to play the game 2 years ago, and now it's costing 5X, what are we getting out of it other than spending 5X what we used to?

More "pixels"? Never forget what happened to those valuable t5b pixels when seasons came out. Master teams fought tooth and nail for tiny amounts of them, then every Joe Schmo Gold Silver player could catch up instantly overnight with July 4th and Cyber Monday offers. Master level teams got a giant slap in the face for their efforts.

Never ask for better rewards because Kabam has God Control over their value anyway. Ask for a cheaper game in time and or money.

I play in Master and I've been #1 AQ in the past, so I know what it takes to play this content. Good luck keeping us around, and by us I mean everybody. From Master all the way down to Participation. NOBODY has time or money for this game anymore.

Not "we", "I"

The vast majority of posts here are saying buffed rewards would have been fine.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    IKON said:

The #1 issue that has plagued the game for over a year plus is the COST. It costs too much to play your game, and with each change it's getting worse and worse.

Increased difficulty just means more money spent on potions, or more time spent grinding them if you're F2P.

It does not matter one bit how buffed the rewards get. You can give us 10 fully formed t5bs each war, if it's costing us more money out of our pockets or more time out of our lives to play this game, we don't want it.

Do not try and fool us with "better rewards", because they're just digital pixels and mean nothing. If it used to cost X to play the game 2 years ago, and now it's costing 5X, what are we getting out of it other than spending 5X what we used to?

More "pixels"? Never forget what happened to those valuable t5b pixels when seasons came out. Master teams fought tooth and nail for tiny amounts of them, then every Joe Schmo Gold Silver player could catch up instantly overnight with July 4th and Cyber Monday offers. Master level teams got a giant slap in the face for their efforts.

Never ask for better rewards because Kabam has God Control over their value anyway. Ask for a cheaper game in time and or money.

I play in Master and I've been #1 AQ in the past, so I know what it takes to play this content. Good luck keeping us around, and by us I mean everybody. From Master all the way down to Participation. NOBODY has time or money for this game anymore.

Not "we", "I"

What I'm wondering is, would the reaction be any different had they opted to add the Maps and the new changes all at once, with the Rewards?
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Thank you @SiriusBreak

• IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★

IKON said:

Not "we", "I"

What I'm wondering is, would the reaction be any different had they opted to add the Maps and the new changes all at once, with the Rewards?
    Depends how substantial the rewards change is. Hard to gauge what people are expecting. My guess is about a 25% increase across the board, and I'd expect a lot of the community to not be satisfied with that.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★

IKON said:

Not "we", "I"

Of course it would
  • AraeArae Posts: 14
    edited May 2019
    Considering the length of each season, and what it takes to win each war within a season - the season finale rewards being the only thing @Kabam Miike said was being buffed, it would take a lot more than +25% to be worthwhile as that would be still on the order of <1 shard per unit spent over the course of the season, at least, for Tier 5 and above alliances. As it stands, my wallet (and my alliance) is closed to Kabam for AW purposes.

Also, Mods, stop deleting my posts without explanation - especially when they are helpful to someone asking how to tell what map difficulty they are on. You are violating your own rules - "The short version: be good to each other." I would love to hear what rule my last post 'violated'. Me saying that actions taken here have sealed my wallet? Or making light of the 'jail' on a forum account?
  • Catherine said:

looks like alott more movement for 24 hours. will timers be lowered to 30 min

Maybe 45 minute timers would work? 30 might be too short. I can see why 1 hour timers might make things a bit... tight, timewise.
  • BenLucasBenLucas Posts: 69
    Pls Kabam update rewards,
    And everyone pls stop feeding the trolls...

• TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Already told my alliance not to include me in AW. Thanks for letting us know beforehand how season 10 will play out. Credit where credit is due lol
    Arae said:

Not necesaarily, no. If they're updating the Rewards in tandem with the new Meta they're introducing and not as a result of the Map iterations, then overwhelming people with everything at once would inevitably have people feeling like it's not enough. Therein lies the lose/lose situation. People are already frustrated, so now or later, they're not going to be happy.

The win/win situation would be "here are the changes we are thinking about making in two+ months, here are the rewards changes we are thinking of making, and here are those rewards starting today, and here are the bugs we are going fix before we add any new content because we have heard loud and clear that we have broken the game for many people with recent updates."

Not - "Bugs/glitches that cost you units that we introduced nearly two months ago? Really? Oh.... well... Hey, here is some new content that is supposedly the same difficulty (but is not) with the same rewards you have been getting! Be happy about this! And we might update the rewards a month after we update the difficulty!"
    If they could just magically fix all the ongoing issues, do you think they would exist now? Things have to go on as they're worked on. Otherwise you might as well close shop.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Can you please show the links? Would be nice to see if lanes can be skipped or if we're gonna have to take them all and be waiting on links all day.

Arae said:

Not necesaarily, no. If they're updating the Rewards in tandem with the new Meta they're introducing and not as a result of the Map iterations, then overwhelming people with everything at once would inevitably have people feeling like it's not enough. Therein lies the lose/lose situation. People are already frustrated, so now or later, they're not going to be happy.

The win/win situation would be "here are the changes we are thinking about making in two+ months, here are the rewards changes we are thinking of making, and here are those rewards starting today, and here are the bugs we are going fix before we add any new content because we have heard loud and clear that we have broken the game for many people with recent updates."

Not - "Bugs/glitches that cost you units that we introduced nearly two months ago? Really? Oh.... well... Hey, here is some new content that is supposedly the same difficulty (but is not) with the same rewards you have been getting! Be happy about this! And we might update the rewards a month after we update the difficulty!"
    If they could just magically fix all the ongoing issues, do you think they would exist now? Things have to go on as they're worked on. Otherwise you might as well close shop.
    If you cant fix issues then own up and fix your mistakes in other ways which they havent yet. (dont know why I am feeding the troll but oh well)
    They don't compensate for issues that aren't resolved yet, and they could give a 5* a day, and people could still want more. They acknowledge them and work on them. That's about all you can do. The word Compensation is thrown around here more than Rank Down Tickets.
  • Honestly, I just hope they meet us in the middle with this one. If they want to hold off on boosting the Season rewards until 11 when they release defense tactics, ok, I get that. However, war to war a little extra love would go a LONG way here from what I can see. I'm not saying it will please everyone, but I can't imagine it not helping at all. It would be nice to see the 6* shards get expanded to at minimum T5. 5* shards get expanded to some of the lower tiers that don't currently get them. Would be nice to see the old and dated War Victor Crystal get replaced by the new War Crystals we get end of the season. 1 per war wouldn't be huge, but it would increase the chances at t5bc frags, t2a frags and so on. A little extra Loyalty per war across the board. That's about it. I think that would be enough to quell some here. I know I would be pleased to see such occur. I do typically get why things go the way they go, but this time I just don't see it.

One could sarcastically say they get why with something pointing out 'greed' but let's try to be above that here. If we want a positive outcome, let's try to remain positive about this. The changes are interesting and I'm interested to see how the map plays now. Just the same, I'm not blind to the fact it will most definitely be more difficult. Increase the Map difficulty, then please increase what we get from playing the Map. Increasing the overall toll on everything (Defense Tactics), increase the overall rewards gained from the Season. It makes sense from what I can see. All we can do is hope they listen, take everything into consideration, and meet us in the middle.
  • RichardCraniumRichardCranium Posts: 94

IKON said:

Not "we", "I"

Tbh, I probably wouldnt be as upset. Id still be upset though. If theres incentive worth doing, by all means. An increase in difficulty with no extra reward is just plain ridiculous. Make the new challenge worth my time.

Im super curious to see how many broken un-winnable fights come from this.

• IKON said:

Not "we", "I"

With that said, I REALLY hope we get a fair amount of Off Season testing time. Or Season 10 is gonna be a bit messy.
  • sbb75sbb75 Posts: 208
    Can we do an increased rewards Beta. Just like the AW beta group gave feedback... it was too much change for 1 season.
    Getting too many changes in rewards all in season 11 might make players heads explode.

@Kabam Miike the beta feedback might tell you to split it over two seasons.
  • Arae said:

Breaking nodes:

What is the following buff?
    Lazarus

@Arae

Lazarus: Node: affects opponent

The Defender begins the fight with 5 revival charges, which heal them for 20% max Health whenever they would be knocked out. Every 20 Hits on the Attacker's Combo Meter removes 1 of these charges. When the Attacker loses a combo, the Defender gains a revival charge.
  • JimmyBJimmyB Posts: 206 ★★

IKON said:

Not "we", "I"

Tbh, I probably wouldnt be as upset. Id still be upset though. If theres incentive worth doing, by all means. An increase in difficulty with no extra reward is just plain ridiculous. Make the new challenge worth my time.

What they should've done was split the rewards up into both season 10 and 11. That would've been the right thing to do.