**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Domino breaking blocks

Comments

• ZuroZuro Posts: 2,715 ★★★★★

zeezee57 said:

Ironic that nobody has this issue with any champ outside of Domino

Ironic that no other champ (besides Drax) has a double medium. 🤔
    Well you don't see people complaining about drax it's only domino
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,957 ★★★★★
    zeezee57 said:

Here you go, no need to go back a page or two, please explain again how Domino now crits through blocks at full damage when lucky is active 😂

I already did. I posted 2 videos showing what happened. You tried to dex out of the 2nd hit.
    Zuro said:

zeezee57 said:

Ironic that nobody has this issue with any champ outside of Domino

Ironic that no other champ (besides Drax) has a double medium. 🤔
    Well you don't see people complaining about drax it's only domino
    Because domino is more prominent than drax. How many AW Drax bosses do you see? I don't think hes in Variant 2 but domino is in there 3 or 4 times. Next question please.
    I'm pretty sure fore the multiple years drax was out compared to domino I have came across more draxs than I have domino and I have experienced no issue plus kabam had addressed themselves that there was with her double medium and it got "fixed" so I'm pretty sure there is still a chance that this bug may still be in the game
    Zuro said:

I'm pretty sure fore the multiple years drax was out compared to domino I have came across more draxs than I have domino and I have experienced no issue plus kabam had addressed themselves that there was with her double medium and it got "fixed" so I'm pretty sure there is still a chance that this bug may still be in the game

You aren't understanding what the bug was. He medium was too fast and was doing exactly what was in those screens. The bug report says it and never said it broke blocks. The slowed down the timing that allowed for people to dex out of the 2nd hit. As I have said over and over if there is anything that is wrong, its that her medium was changed back to the faster version.
    She
    Never
    Broke
    Blocks
    zeezee57 said:

zeezee57 said:

Here you go, no need to go back a page or two, please explain again how Domino now crits through blocks at full damage when lucky is active 😂

I already did. I posted 2 videos showing what happened. You tried to dex out of the 2nd hit.
    So I'm dexing in that screenshot, that's what we're going with now 😂

You literally said before I'm clearly blocking and she crits through blocks, what changed?
    I'm going to say this 1 more time and I'm done. Ive provided just as much evidence as you proving its the same as trying to dex out. The animation is instantaneous and when you die. You cant see the dash back part cause you are dead.

In your venom picture, you are clearly still blocking.

In the hyperion gif, its exactly the same as my Capt IW. Watch both and tell me im wrong.

Have fun fighting her not breaking blocks. Hold down instead of fighting the urge to dash back.

Peace.
  • JerbyJerby Posts: 2
    Similar problem in war... I can’t MLLLM or MLLLL her and then dash back without being countered
  • ManiacalMeManiacalMe Posts: 57

3 duels against Domino. Tried for a 6* R2 but couldn't find one.
    https://youtu.be/p0YaT7l9-0E

Variant 2 slowed down. Shows me blocking and then me trying to dex. 2nd part looks exactly like your hyperion fight. Watch the white dot at bottom left.
    https://youtu.be/2crluvskxJo

It doesn’t look the same at all. I can see you let go of the block. Not by your touch but by the reaction of Cap before he’s hit.

• ManiacalMeManiacalMe Posts: 57
    zeezee57 said:

zeezee57 said:

So I'm dexing in that screenshot, that's what we're going with now 😂

You literally said before I'm clearly blocking and she crits through blocks, what changed?
    This is what I’m screaming! Dude doesn’t even remember what he’s arguing anymore. Demon you clearly said before that she was causing crit through blocks. Now zeezee is dexing? You can keep coming back to this page but I know exactly what I’m doing. I’m not releasing block and I’m not trying to dex in the middle of a combo. I’m a seasoned player been playing for like 4 years why the hell would I sit here and argue with you if I’m just dexing the attack?

In the Hyperion fight, I wasn’t dead. I didn’t dash back I got hit. So you’re saying you don’t see the dash back now because we’re KOd but what about when I wasn’t KOd and clearly was holding block when I got hit. I even slowed it down for you bro. This has always been a game of bugs. Just because you can’t replicate it in a few fights doesn’t mean it’s not happening. It’s happened to me more than once on a t4 war boss domino. And I’m sure it’ll happen again.

Can we get a mod? Because I’m going to keep bumping this until someone says something.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    All of the examples of blocks being broken show a low PI champ with low health taking block damage against absolutely stacked Domino defenders. No doubt she has at least 8k attack in those examples against your champ that has less than 2k health left.

It is also worth noting that the two hits of Domino's first medium are not equal. It's basically a jab-uppercut. Hitting into a block, her second hit does 2.5x the damage of her first. I just tested this through a few fights with my R2 6* in the Daily T4b quest. Hitting into a block against a 4* 4/40 Falcon, she does ~200 damage on the first hit but ~500 with the second. This was repeated 5 times with minimal variation (+/-20hp). On hits that connect (and don't crit) she does ~500 with the first and ~1250 on the second.

If you took 375 damage blocking the first, you would have taken ~935 damage on the second. However, the way the game works is if block damage from the hit KO's you it counts as a true hit and the damage shown on screen is as if you took the full hit (which is why the much higher crit damage is shown).

If you truly wanted to show how the blocks are broken and you aren't dying due to crit failure or block damage, take your 5/65 champ with full health and simply hold block against a smaller Domino.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, I'm just trying to isolate the potential break from the other sources of damage.
  • Judge_PainJudge_Pain Posts: 93

All of the examples of blocks being broken show a low PI champ with low health taking block damage against absolutely stacked Domino defenders. No doubt she has at least 8k attack in those examples against your champ that has less than 2k health left.

It is also worth noting that the two hits of Domino's first medium are not equal. It's basically a jab-uppercut. Hitting into a block, her second hit does 2.5x the damage of her first. I just tested this through a few fights with my R2 6* in the Daily T4b quest. Hitting into a block against a 4* 4/40 Falcon, she does ~200 damage on the first hit but ~500 with the second. This was repeated 5 times with minimal variation (+/-20hp). On hits that connect (and don't crit) she does ~500 with the first and ~1200 on the second.

If you truly wanted to show how the blocks are broken and you aren't dying due to crit failure or block damage, take your 5/65 champ with full health and simply hold block against a smaller Domino.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, I'm just trying to isolate the potential break from the other sources of damage.

500 is a bit different than 7k...
    I was editing my post when you replied, so I will repost my edit here:

If you took 375 damage blocking the first, you would have taken ~935 damage on the second. However, the way the game works is if block damage from the hit KO's you it counts as a true hit and the damage shown on screen is as if you took the full hit (which is why the much higher crit damage is shown).
    edited May 2019
    If you think a 55k PI Domino isn't capable of doing 1k block damage per hit, I don't know what to tell you. If it was only a straight blocked Medium attack, I would tend to agree with you. However, there are 3 more things in play here:
    1. she had Lucky which makes her "more likely to earn a higher roll when selecting Attack Rating" (up to +30% Attack Rating)
    2. you are Unlucky which reduces your Block Proficiency
    3. you had a critical failure also active at 350 per tick
    Between all of that, a 4* 4/40 Venom with 30% health would be somewhere around 3k hp. You lost 350 health on the first hit, several ticks of Crit Failure at 350 each, plus another 1k on the 2nd hit is at least 2500 hp. You were hemorrhaging hp when she went in for her combo. If the 2nd hit of her medium didn't kill you, the next hit would have.
  • JohnyzeroJohnyzero Posts: 228
    She is for sure breaking blocks at the moment. Happened to me a few times so now i just make sure I do the medium evade trick with her and that’s it.

If you think a 55k PI Domino isn't capable of doing 1k block damage per hit, I don't know what to tell you. If it was only a straight blocked Medium attack, I would tend to agree with you. However, there are 3 more things in play here:

1. she had Lucky which makes her "more likely to earn a higher roll when selecting Attack Rating" (up to +30% Attack Rating)
    Between all of that, a 4* 4/40 Venom with 30% health would be somewhere around 3k hp. You lost 350 health on the first hit, several ticks of Crit Failure at 350 each, plus another 1k on the 2nd hit is at least 2500 hp. You were hemorrhaging hp when she went in for her combo. If the 2nd hit of her medium didn't kill you, the next hit would have.
    He Lost 7k Health Not 1K And It Was A Normal Crit Not A Crit Through Block OR Anything
    Zuro said:

He Lost 7k Health Not 1K And It Was A Normal Crit Not A Crit Through Block OR Anything
    See my previous post about that (quoted below for ease):

I was editing my post when you replied, so I will repost my edit here:

I genuinely want to figure out what's going on here. If it's actually bug, it should be fixed. I am simply trying to rule out all of the "what if's" and isolate what is causing this because there are a lot of mechanics in play in this game. I personally have not had her "break my block" without some sort of input on my end. These inputs include trying to Dex out of the attack, perform my own dash attack, etc. By only pressing block and holding it, I have only ever taken block damage.

That being said...

One thing that I've seen in the game that might be in play here is a bug/mechanic where touching the attack side of the screen will trigger your champ to drop their block after the first hit received. Even though you are holding block the whole time, simply queueing an attack will force your champ to drop their block after the first hit.

This is easily repeatable. While the opponent is on the other side of the screen, press and hold block. Do not release block at all. While doing this, tap attack. Your champ will continue to stand there holding block, and when the opponent attacks (assuming it's not a heavy) your champ will block the first hit and then eat the rest of the attack.
    Looking at the input dot on the Venom fight, there is clearly a Dex attempt made after the first hit.

Looking at the input dot on the Venom fight, there is clearly a Dex attempt made after the first hit.
    Correct. But looking at both animations they are identical. I.E no block break.
    Even if there is no block break drax has never done this so if anything make her more like drax

Kabam should update their bug submissions rules post to include a line at the top

"Confirm with Demonzfyre to see if a bug has affected him. If not, then there is not possibly anyone who could be experiencing it and you are a stupid person with stupid thumbs."

Why? Do you see me in other bug threads as well? No you don't. Domino never, ever broke any blocks. Not before the original, not after. The bug fix never confirmed she broke blocks and the only issue was the mediums timing. When it first happened I didn't think it was me but I recorded my self with input touches showing and I saw it was all me. The comparrison video I posted shows my input swipes are the same as hyperion.

Again, the more likely scenario is that her timing is sped up again.
    Even if she isn't block breaking it is guaranteed there is some sort of bug going on here that no other double hit medium champ has for example no one has any issues with drax or help just with domino there is guaranteed bug somewhere in this situation
    Zuro said:

Kabam should update their bug submissions rules post to include a line at the top

"Confirm with Demonzfyre to see if a bug has affected him. If not, then there is not possibly anyone who could be experiencing it and you are a stupid person with stupid thumbs."

Why? Do you see me in other bug threads as well? No you don't. Domino never, ever broke any blocks. Not before the original, not after. The bug fix never confirmed she broke blocks and the only issue was the mediums timing. When it first happened I didn't think it was me but I recorded my self with input touches showing and I saw it was all me. The comparrison video I posted shows my input swipes are the same as hyperion.

Again, the more likely scenario is that her timing is sped up again.
    Even if she isn't block breaking it is guaranteed there is some sort of bug going on here that no other double hit medium champ has for example no one has any issues with drax or help just with domino there is guaranteed bug somewhere in this situation
    I never said there wasnt a bug. All I'm saying is that there isnt any blocks being broke.
  • So what is the discussion now? Guessing who said what and who was right?

The video proves that der was no block break but there is indeed an uncommon behavior in a movement.

So the demand should be now to optimize Dominos first medium attack. They did it once so I don't see a problem why they could not do it again.