**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[Android] 23.0 Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

1235»

Comments

• EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    Name: Etjama
    Device: Moto E4 plus
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game version: 23.0.1
    Game mode: All fights
    Description:
    It has been brought out already that something, we don't really know what, is happening witht the block. There are too many people having this problem to be a device problem. More of my words and other's here:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/139950/what-is-going-on-with-block
  • foxy_fishfoxy_fish Posts: 3
    foxy_fish said:

foxy_fish said:

Name: foxy_fish
    Phone: Nokia 3.1 plus
    Cellular or wifi: both
    Game mode: crystals, all game modes basically everything lags

Specifically Crystal vault takes forever to load, fights take forever to load and to get back to map, lag during fights. SUPER FRUSTRATING!!
    I think I may have understated how long it takes to load a match in quest. From clicking fight to match to clicking continue to load map again took 4 bloody minutes!!
  • WebbMannWebbMann Posts: 5
    In-game Name: WebbMann
    Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920V
    Service: Verizon , Celluar and Wi-Fi but Cellualr always on n I have lag issues on both throughout the game.
    During game play lag spikes with come in most the time when I'm ending combo so ill get stunned, evaded, or intercept with a deadly combo. It happens in AS, AW,Arena, Story, Events, Everything.

• BigKOBigKO Posts: 25
    In-Game Name: wuzu85
    Device and Model: Galaxy S8
    Device Operating System: Android 9.0
    Game Version Installed: 23.0 version
    Game Mode: All modes
    Description of the Issue:
    - Menus takes long to load
    - Dungeon chat doesnt work as it should delay or not able to see chat
    - Constant framerate drops during fights
    - Lag input when blocking or dexing (dashing back)
  • NutsofastNutsofast Posts: 8
    In-Game Name: Nutsofast87
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
    Device Operating System: Android 7.0
    Game Version Installed: 23.0
    Game Mode: ALL modes
    Description of the Issue: Consistent Network connection errors. The Game glitches any minute and crush itself. Impossible to play.
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    In-Game Name: Abigail Jessica
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy Tab s2 SM-T710
    Device Operating System: 7.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Only use WIFI
    Game Version Installed: 23.0.1
    Game Mode: All Modes
    Description of the Issue: Nothing has improved on this device, still virtually unplayable due to crashing on every screen.
  • StarLord_62StarLord_62 Posts: 2
    edited May 2019
    Starlord_62
    Moto Z3
    Android 9
    Cellular and Wifi
    All game modes
    My game audio has been playing a lot slower lately, and it is disorienting enough to the point where a can't really focus on the fight. Also, in comparison to my friend's iOS version if the game, a lot of environmental effects (visual) are missing, such as dust around the ground or raindrops pooling around the screen. This also occurs for some champions, specifically, such as Ghost. After a fight, ghost is supposed to show a phasing effect while in her pose, but that effect does not appear on my screen.
    Edit: I meant to say that sounds for things like hits and grunts play after the hit has happened, and it is disorienting.
  • TYRANNOUS74TYRANNOUS74 Posts: 8
    In-game name: TryannousMax
    Device: Samsung galaxy S9 +
    Operating system: Android REV1.1
    Connection: wifi
    Game mode: Dungeons
    Description of problem: When I receive an invite for a dungeon run in game. Once I tap on notice my phone freezes, been happening for awhile now. I have to force close the game and re log in.
  • MasuzaraMasuzara Posts: 20
    edited May 2019
    In Game Name: Masuzara
    Device and Model: Android Galaxy S9+
    Device Operating System: (hardware version - REV1.1) (software version - Android 9)
    Game Version Installed: 23.0.1
    Game Mode: Dungeons
    Description of Issue: game freezes when accessing the "Dungeons" mailbox after an invite has been received.
    Tried accepting invite while in home tab - freezes
    Tried accepting invite while in Alliance tab - freezes
    Tried accepting invite while in Crystal's tab - freezes
    Tried accepting invite while in Dungeons tab - freezes
    Tried going into Dungeons tab after receiving invite but not clicking on invite - invite and mailbox notification disappears as I have opened my own lobby. After backing out of lobby, invite reappears and subsequently freezes if attempting to open.
    Tried accepting invite from the Fight tab and also attempted to accept invite from within each event type - freezes
    Tried accepting invite from Champions tab - freezes
    Tried accepting invite from Store tab - freezes.

Each time the actual screen that appears as the "frozen screen" is the actual user mail inbox for "Dungeon", but the inbox is blank and no invite actually shows within.
  • MityAntMityAnt Posts: 151
    Name: Mighty Ant
    Device: Pixel 3 XL
    Cellular or WiFi: both
    Game mode: crystal vault and all fights
    Description: Heavy lag in Arena during complete fight, Heavy Lag in AW/AQ/Quest with opponent against the wall, dropped blocks, un-registered screen touches, frequent heavy attacks triggered when attempting light or medium attacks, crystal vault lag, frequent blank item/champ image upon opening crystals
  • Danklacrank1Danklacrank1 Posts: 59
    For last 2 months ive been having to restart the game every time I open a crystal and it's driving me nuts I've spent thousands on this game please use some of it to fix lag thank you ps i have enough time to catch a nap during aq load times
  • CaptainAlbertaCaptainAlberta Posts: 22
    In-game name:Captain Alberta
    Device and Model: Samsung S8+
    Device Operating System: Android version 9
    Cellular or WiFi:Both
    Game Version Installed: LATEST ONE
    Game Mode:All
    Description of the Issue:Lag everywhere,there's only lag.In the middle of a fight and not having lag,no problem,the game crashes and now you have lag,your welcome.Want to open a crystal TAKES OVER 2 minutes.I have to wait 2-3 minutes just to load after a battle and to load in the crystal vault.
  • Ctravmoa_23Ctravmoa_23 Posts: 2
    Ctravmoa, Galaxy s8+, Android 9, version 23.0.1, wi-fi and cellular. When I click on a dungeon invite it causes the game to completely freeze requiring phone restart to be able to play again.
  • Troy_Elric123Troy_Elric123 Posts: 542 ★★★
    IGN : Troy Elric
    Device: Redmi Note 5, 4GB ram
    Cellular (Jio Network) , Wifi: BSNL
    Game version : latest
    Game mode: every mode
    Description:

Dropping Inputs, Delayed Response, Frame rate drops with HT, Dorm and sometimes even when nothing special is happening frame rates drop

Been dropping inputs like crazy. Game is unplayable, its been so for months . When we report via one method , the admins point to another method, in full circle. I could play this game with 5 background apps with ease for about a year, now I cant run it properly even with developer settings enabled. So, we would appreciate a bug fix patch much more than monthly content after content that continues to add more bugs. Please seriously look into the issue, users have reported it for months with not even an acknowledgement from game team . Thank you
  • Troy_Elric123Troy_Elric123 Posts: 542 ★★★
    Deadmaddy said:

EmperorStark~2
    RedmiNote5 (Indian version, 4Gb ram variant)
    Android 8.1.0 MIUI version: 10.2.1.0 Stable OEGMIXM
    Wifi (BSNL) and Data (Jio)
    Game version: 23.0
    Game mode: everywhere . Arena, EQ, ROL, story

description:
    Same problem experiencing for months,(about 6) had 2 weeks with no issues after 22.1 (hot patch) , but now it is the same. Champions do not obey at all, dropped inputs, mid combo they stand still, they dont block, dont special, dont dash when commanded to , they just sit there/walk forth getting hit in the face. It is like cheat mode in game but you are the one getting pumelled. Please look into it . Been reporting this for a long time. I shifted alliance twice and many android users using various devices have these issues.

Go back to miui 8 or 9 this is miui issue.
    It doesnt fix issue mate, its a game issue not a phone issue
  • TakingAllDownTakingAllDown Posts: 30
    IGN : TakingAllDown
    Device: Redmi mi a1 4GB ram
    Cellular wifi
    Game version : latest
    Game mode: every mode
    Description:crystal area lags like hell,crashes,black screen but game still running,lag spikes in the middle of fights. All the same issues what have been now almost 3 or more months.
    Hardly play anymore. I hope something goes better asap.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    In this week alone
    -Aq fights fail to load, I lose half my hp on champions causing me to use potions.
    -After every path I do of Event quest without fail, I get insane lag. I have tried many times to record but it always crashes when I start recording. I have to reset my game after every path...
    I think this has something to do with dungeons coming back since it was fine before.
    -I cannot do arena, after the second set I get a lot of lag, makes fights unplayable, as well as taking 30 seconds to load one fight.
    -Menus take ages to load, due to lag.
    -Crystals menus freeze. Crystals freeze and lag when spinning.

This is the worst month ever.
  • Drx68Drx68 Posts: 1
    The Game freezes when I accept any invitations to the dungeons. I have to start the game over. Every time. There are Avenger awards based on how many fights I win in the dungeons, so that kind of wrecks that idea. Been happening for 3 days now.
  • amal_nairamal_nair Posts: 82
    Name: Amal_nair
    Device: Moto G5 plus
    Cellular or Wifi: Both
    Game Version: 23.0.1
    Game Modes: All modes(story,events,AQ and AW)
    Description: Frame drops or mini lags(im not sure what it is) , in the middle of a combo screen freezes for a very short period and my basic attack turns to heavy charging. Same thing with evade, while evading- freeze- champ gets hit.
    Also, after 7-8 consecutive fights, Game always crashes.
  • DorianGrayDorianGray Posts: 23
    Name: DorianGray
    Device: LG G7 ThinQ
    Game version: 23.0
    Game mode: all fights
    Description:
    Lag everywhere, extreme lag/freezing and game crashing in arenas, dropped/misread inputs in all fights. My Quake is pretty much useless now because half the time she just stands there instead of charging a heavy.
  • BeliovBeliov Posts: 1
    Name: Beliov
    Device: Samsung galaxy S9
    Game mode:all modes
    Description: loading screens for the fights are laggy as hell, sometimes i wait 1min when i win a fight
    General lag everywhere, crystal vault lags like crazy
  • Name: TacttleNeck
    Device: OnePlus 6
    Cellular or Wi-Fi: Both
    Game Mode: All Modes
    Description: Poor Game Performance with Delays on Defense/Offense even after Recent Update Especially in Fights Longer than 1 Minute (frames drop horribly) and Loading Screen Times are Very Slow.
  • nmayesnmayes Posts: 1
    Name: Kingorro21
    Device: CoolPad 3632A
    Cellular or Wifi: Both
    Game mode: Story, Arean, Crystals, and all fights, Crystals mostly.
    Description:

Marvel Contest of champions is laggy and it freezes when I'm launching the game, completing stories, opening crystals, and battling. The entire gameplay experience has gotten worse and worse because of the constant freezing, even if my network is strong and I have enough space on my device to play the game. The issue is that the game freezes every time I'm trying to open crystals. The game loads very slow during battles and after winning the battles. It shouldn't take long for the game to process when I have strong internet connections.
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    edited June 2019
    IGN: sceptilemaniac
    Device: Xioami Redmi 5a
    Cellular
    Mode: Dungeons
    Description:
    I completed a fight with Cyclops in D5 room 1. After the fight the screen stuck as below and it won't respond to any clicks.

I decided to restart the game and after restarting the game wouldn't let me in the dungeon. On trying it kept sending me to the home screen.
    Here's the link.
    https://youtu.be/Dsf7rUfzL9g
  • PapozPapoz Posts: 1
    Name: Papoz1
    Device: Asus_Z01 KS
    Cellular or Wifi: both
    Game mode: During all the loading screen, opening crystal .
    Description:

Marvel Contest of champions is laggy and it freezes whenever there is a leasing.The entire gameplay experience has gotten worse and worse because of the constant freezing, mostly when I'm trying to open crystals even if my network is strong and I have enough space on my device to play the game
  • german4ik89german4ik89 Posts: 1
    edited June 2019
    Dhaval_45 said:

Dhaval_45
    Vivo 1723 ( 4 Gb Ram)
    More sufficient storage ( shown in video link)
    Both connection ( wifi & Data usage 4G)
    Android version 8.1.0
    Bettery level where 80%+
    No background apps
    Full game is totally laggy, specially crystal vault freezy, rolling crystal of champions also laggy, sticky, freezing.
    Even screen loading also much longer specially fight-in and fight-out loading screen much longer.
    For better explanation i m attaching my screen recorded video .
    I want ur reply kabam guyz after watching it.

https://youtu.be/BOGQmRznPBQ

Nickname: german4ik89
    similar problem only with device Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 3GB RAM
    Android version 9.0
    Both connection ( wifi & Data usage 4G)
    Full game is totally laggy, specially crystal vault freezy, rolling crystal of champions also laggy, sticky, freezing.
    Even screen loading also much longer specially fight-in and fight-out loading screen much longer.
    For better explanation i m attaching my screen recorded video .
    I want ur reply kabam guyz after watching it.
  • TheHitman47TheHitman47 Posts: 5
    TheHitman15141
    Huawei Y7 2019
    Android 8.0
    Both
    Version 23.0
    Fights
    Control are crazy, the block and the strong attack get stucked and crashing
This discussion has been closed.