**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Request for Kabam

TreoTreo Posts: 386 ★★
I got a request. I know that i Will heard “get good” “not all content is for everybody” and stuff like that.

In the current quest thanos has inverted controls in a different way then before.

Now it’s not possible and you really have to work with the inverted controls between 40&30% health. There is no way around that. I can only imagine that was intended.

For me personally I can’t seem to process that in my head the wired ain’t working that way and I just get frustrated. I have tried Thanos at least 50 times and get stuck here. That part I just can’t handle. I would request not to use inverted controls in the way it was used here. Last Thanos there was a way around it. (waiting game) sure you lose time where you could attack with inverted controls.

Please keep in mind that not everybody is wired in their head the same way. For me personally I will keep trying but the frustration and stress levels rise to such a level it doesn’t feel healthy. I feel I need to be able to do it .. was uncollected a long time ago so it feels like a failure that I cannot do it. That is 100% on me.

But the inverted controls really put stress on a persons mind some more then others. Please don’t use that specific part again anywhere in the game (Emma i can accept that’s just a small window ... that’s no problem if you can wait it out) but having to fight with inverted controls I just can’t do it ... maybe in the next 2 weeks and another 50 tries I can do it ... but for now I haven’t made any progress in the last 4 weeks.

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    You can just block it, since different from last time this one isn't unblockable
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Just practice. Keep an eye out for the Icon. Then Evade to Attack and Medium to Evade.
  • MityAntMityAnt Posts: 151
    I will not say it's easy but there is a way around it, end your combo with light attack.
    If you're having a hard time with UC, just do Master to practice. It's only 9 Energy.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,715 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    At the end of the day if you can't do it sadly the content is not meant for you and you should just wait till the next EQ and it's the sad reality
  • CtuchikCtuchik Posts: 352 ★★
    In master i could dash in after his special and immedietly get a 5 combo into him and ending it with a light turning the inverted off.
    It's just one of the mechanics that we don't see a great deal of, so we don't have as much practice. Just takes time for the brain to adjust.
  • TreoTreo Posts: 386 ★★
    I know that after a correctly made intercept (or use of opening) and a combo ending in a light attack I can take inverted controls of

I got trough it with reviving and intercepting at the start .. but it’s just really hard to explain how it painful it is to work with inverted controls if you don’t have my problem in your head ... you guys speak of it as it is something to learn and yes that’s the case...

For me it literally hurts my brain ... to do this ... that’s why I ask not to bring it back ... I understand why it was done ... and I can see why they would bring it back ... it just literally painful for me ... that’s why I am asking this ...

Some people have tried playing on there phone upside down maybe that will work for you
    Maybe I am the only one
    In that case I see why Kabam wouldn’t take me into account

But if nobody post this ... then I won’t know if there are others if I post maybe others will speak up too
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I think most people just adapt to the inverted controls. Most people I’ve talked to have no issue with this. Parry until he’s 40% or lower. When he’s at 40%, block until he goes for a heavy (really easy to bait, then swipe forward, then back and do 4 light attacks. It might take a few fights to get this down, but it’s 9 energy and it’s been around for a month and will be here for 2 more months. Sorry to hear it’s so challenging for you physically. Maybe try to adopt other strategies like flipping your phone as one previous user noted.
  • B_RabbittB_Rabbitt Posts: 136
    That is really unfortunate to hear man. I am sorry you are having such a stressful time with this guy.
    I too am uncollected and have been for a long while now and I just decided that this quest just isn't worth it.
    Sometimes you just have to pick your battles and hopefully next month won't nearly be as hard. Keep grinding man and you will be able to get these EQs down easily.
    I will keep grinding and I got trough it with items and some tactics ... used the parry game and had to item trough the 40->30%

But yeah .. it’s not fun at all at least not for me ... that last part I hated as well ... but yeah that’s part of the game and I understand his second stone is part of the game as well ... just not for me and to be honest I might be solo in this or maybe just part of the few ... so I don’t expect a change from Kabam in this direction ... that’s to bad I just hope this won’t be as common as the unbloackable & unstoppable ..one can only hope :)

Treo said:

I will keep grinding and I got trough it with items and some tactics ... used the parry game and had to item trough the 40->30%

But yeah .. it’s not fun at all at least not for me ... that last part I hated as well ... but yeah that’s part of the game and I understand his second stone is part of the game as well ... just not for me and to be honest I might be solo in this or maybe just part of the few ... so I don’t expect a change from Kabam in this direction ... that’s to bad I just hope this won’t be as common as the unbloackable & unstoppable ..one can only hope :)

I mean you can try the upside down phone method so you don't have to invert your controls
  • synergy247synergy247 Posts: 306
    I heard that there are champions who are immune to inverted controls. Think Magneto and possibly Juggernaut are on this list ie think helmeted champions
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,582 Guardian
    Only immune to Emma Frost's “inverted controls”. Thanos is inverting them in a different way, so their helmets (Mags, Juggs) can not prevent that from Thanos.