**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Bug - Alliance War Incorrect Tier 4 Multiplier applied when doing Tier 3 Expert Map

synergy247synergy247 Posts: 306
edited May 2019 in Bugs and Known Issues
@Kabam Miike

@Kabam Miike or others I have an issue which I believe is a bug with the alliance rewards we received from our last war and specifically the tier multiplier.

So in the last two wars we were in the Expert tier map being Tier 3, with additional buffs like vigor on node 34, and bane on the stun immune node 18, plus others like explosive personality and biohazard on certain nodes.

The problem is, we lost the first war and received the tier 3 x5.5 multiplier (correct) but then dropped down to Tier 4 multiplier x4.5 for the second war.

We won the second war 3-0 boss kills USING THE SAME TIER 3 MAP yet
RECEIVED THE TIER 4 MULTIPLIER x 4.5 points.

I have asked around and this seems to be a glitch and despite many support tickets lodged we’re not getting a resolution. We need clarification urgently as this is the difference for us between dropping out of Plat 3 and staying in.

Before the last war we won, we were Gold 1 rank 6 and after it we only moved up by one place to rank 5... by my calculations we missed out on 195,530 points with the incorrect multiplier. (5.5 - 4.5 = 1.0x)

If you do Act 6, you expect Act 6 rewards not Act 5 rewards.

If you do Uncollected difficulty EQ, you expect those rewards, not those gained from Heroic level. Can a mod please clarify as a matter of urgency thanks and see above for past two wars. I have also posted this under a thread relating to the matchmaking ystem however meant to post this here for urgent attention given season points are on the line with only 3 wars to go.

Comments

• synergy247synergy247 Posts: 306
    What tier you do get it you are in the top say 1.5% ie between Tier 3 and Tier 4 based on war rating, Tier 3 or Tier 4?

It is also impossible to my knowledge to move down a multiplier Tier after matchmaking is done and a war match found since all occur at the same time so there aren’t any other wars finishing that could affect the outcome.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    I hope you realize spamming the forum and tagging a moderator repeatedly is against Forum rules. As well it won't get you an answer
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,605 Guardian
    What's so hard to understand that your rewards are based on your own alliance's level. And if you happen to be matched with an opponent on the other side of the fence, well they have to flip a coin to see which Map your War would be played on. But you will not get extra rewards (or extra multiplied points) because of who you are fighting against.

You DO get a higher bump in War Rating if you win against a higher opponent,. Similarly if you lose, your War Rating is not affected quite as much as if it were against an equal opponent.

Countless threads all ask this same question.
    You may not like the answer, but that does not make it a bug.
    Patchie93 said:

I hope you realize spamming the forum and tagging a moderator repeatedly is against Forum rules. As well it won't get you an answer

In this case I’m providing more information in relation to this matter to assist with a resolution

What's so hard to understand that your rewards are based on your own alliance's level. And if you happen to be matched with an opponent on the other side of the fence, well they have to flip a coin to see which Map your War would be played on. But you will not get extra rewards (or extra multiplied points) because of who you are fighting against.

You DO get a higher bump in War Rating if you win against a higher opponent,. Similarly if you lose, your War Rating is not affected quite as much as if it were against an equal opponent.

Countless threads all ask this same question.
    You may not like the answer, but that does not make it a bug.

Bro. Both alliances were in Tier 4 bracket and received the Tier 4 x4.5 multiplier.

We fought the war on a Tier 3 Map which is for Tier 3 bracket Expert noded whixh shoulve given the relevant rewards for that tier. If we were to be given tier 4 multiplier and rewards then we should’ve fought on the appropriate map being Tier 4 Challenger...
    If indeed your opponent was in same Tier as yours (During the War), that could be a problem then. Wonder if your last opponent wasn’t telling you that they ARE NOW in that Tier-4 4.5 after having lost to you, but might have been in 5.5 during your War with them ??
    Anyways, 99% of the complaints are indeed when facing an opponent on the other side of the fence.

As to being at 1.5%, I think it is just how they display their Tier % ranges, in that the next Tier always starts 1% higher than previous tier ends. Ie, 0-1, 2-3, 4-5% As opposed to saying 0-1, 1-3, 3-5%. Arena Rank slots have the same confusing aspect to them 10-30% then 31-60% (well where does 30.5% fall ?) I think the cutoff is at exactly 30% mark, anything above that even if just 30.0001, would fall into the 31-60% range.

If indeed your opponent was in same Tier as yours (During the War), that could be a problem then. Wonder if your last opponent wasn’t telling you that they ARE NOW in that Tier-4 4.5 after having lost to you, but might have been in 5.5 during your War with them ??
    Anyways, 99% of the complaints are indeed when facing an opponent on the other side of the fence.

As to being at 1.5%, I think it is just how they display their Tier % ranges, in that the next Tier always starts 1% higher than previous tier ends. Ie, 0-1, 2-3, 4-5% As opposed to saying 0-1, 1-3, 3-5%. Arena Rank slots have the same confusing aspect to them 10-30% then 31-60% (well where does 30.5% fall ?) I think the cutoff is at exactly 30% mark, anything above that even if just 30.0001, would fall into the 31-60% range.

It’s pretty clear from the results in the screenshot I posted above that they were a Tier 4 alliance. Zero boss kills... I’ve also been in touch w the leader of the alliance who has confirmed they received a 4.5 multiplier
    Here it is...

It’s quite apparent that we would never expect to be given Tier 3 x5.5 multiplier rewards for running a Tier 4 Challenger Map so why should the inverse be true?
  • NanosamaNanosama Posts: 55

It’s quite apparent that we would never expect to be given Tier 3 x5.5 multiplier rewards for running a Tier 4 Challenger Map so why should the inverse be true?

Well actually it does happen and I think it’s already been addressed before. When the alliances are at the threshold between tier 3 and 4 it’s a toss up as for what the map tier will be. But the alliances always have the rewards of the tier they’re in. You can be a tier 4 alliance against a tier 3 alliance on a tier 3 map, but the tier 4 alliance will have tier 4 rewards and the tier 3 alliance will have tier 3 rewards.

But what I don’t understand is this: even though it was a tier 3 map which may have been a bug, your alliances are both tier 4 and you expect to have tier 3 rewards?

edited May 2019
    Nanosama said:

Well actually it does happen and I think it’s already been addressed before. When the alliances are at the threshold between tier 3 and 4 it’s a toss up as for what the map tier will be. But the alliances always have the rewards of the tier they’re in. You can be a tier 4 alliance against a tier 3 alliance on a tier 3 map, but the tier 4 alliance will have tier 4 rewards and the tier 3 alliance will have tier 3 rewards.

But what I don’t understand is this: even though it was a tier 3 map which may have been a bug, your alliances are both tier 4 and you expect to have tier 3 rewards?

Ok here’s what I think should be happening . Either

1.we are compensated for the extra resources like team revives and level 4 alliance potions required to run the Tier 3 map that clearly should never have been applied for two Tier 4 alliances, or

2. If we are somehow halfway between two tiers then the appropriate multiplier of x5.0 be applied so meet us halfway between 4.5 and 5.5. Or

3. The 6* shards etc for the Tier 3 level be awarded to all members of each alliance that qualify for them (winning/losing) in lieu of extra season points

Answer me these three questions.

If you did AQ Map 7, would you be happy with Map 5 rewards?

If you ran Epic or Uncollected EQ and had to beat a Thanos boss at that level and you’ve spent resources to clear it, would you be happy if Kabam gave you Heroic level rewards?

Act 6 100% exploration would you be satisfied with Act 5 rewards?
    Considering rewards and multipliers are based on your actual alliance tier, no you should not receive tier 3 rewards and multipliers.

Some compensation potions and/or revives might be given, but how would you determine how many would be considered fair? From war to war you can use no healing at all, or all 15 of them.
    It happened to me this season, I played **** on a tier 4 map and used all my items, on the next war on a map 3 I used only 3, so no extra items used...
    Nanosama said:

Considering rewards and multipliers are based on your actual alliance tier, no you should not receive tier 3 rewards and multipliers.

Some compensation potions and/or revives might be given, but how would you determine how many would be considered fair? From war to war you can use no healing at all, or all 15 of them.
    It happened to me this season, I played **** on a tier 4 map and used all my items, on the next war on a map 3 I used only 3, so no extra items used...

To decide fairness it’s simple enough. Use the statistics of items used across both alliances to get an average across 60 players. Might work out to say 5 level 4 potions and 3 level 3 team revives for example
    Nanosama said:

Also, to be quite frank when you talk about ‘actual’ alliance tier I am suggesting that we were mistakingly placed in Tier 4 multiplier bracket instead of Tier 3. We were in Tier 3 in the previous war which we narrowly lost. Logically this may be why we were given the Expert Tier 3 Map as someone suggested where there’s an allocation between alliances at Tier 3 and Tier 4...

The imbalance suits Kabam as it may result in extra resources being spent, but in reality there is no way the system would allow alliances at a Tier 3 multiplier to benefit from a Tier 4 Challenger Map. It would always default to the higher map.
    I told you earlier, it does happen...
    Nanosama said:

I told you earlier, it does happen...

Evidence?
    Happened to my alliance on both ends of the spectrum, can’t remember if it was during this season or the previous one.
    As for evidence, I don’t have screenshots or recordings of it so if you want to believe I’m lying, suit yourself...
    Both end of the spectrum meaning as a tier 4 alliance on a tier 3 map against a tier 3 alliance and as a tier 3 alliance on a tier 4 map against a tier 4 alliance.

2. If we are somehow halfway between two tiers then the appropriate multiplier of x5.0 be applied so meet us halfway between 4.5 and 5.5

0.60% - 1%
    2% - 3%
    (Aside from where the map should have been played if both were in Tier 4 at the time...)
    There’s no such thing as “BETWEEN” Tiers. (and I’m assuming that snapshot is from now after the Win, and that as you said you were in the next one down while you played that 2nd war).
    So say your % at the time of that 2nd war you were at a 1.15% standing. Even though the Tier 4 range is specified as 2% - 3%, it is really everything incrementally above 1.000% up to and including 3.000%.
    Same as the “misleading display” showing the ranges by % for Arena. I guess listing ranges as 0.60% - 1%, and then 1% - 3%, might show it more accurately, but then someone who was at that exact 1.0000% would be wondering which Tier they were in (although generally accepted that an exact match would put such a case into the 0.60 - 1% slot). They just chose one way of displaying a numerical % range that may not be the more generally accepted way to display a list.

2. If we are somehow halfway between two tiers then the appropriate multiplier of x5.0 be applied so meet us halfway between 4.5 and 5.5

0.60% - 1%
    2% - 3%
    (Aside from where the map should have been played if both were in Tier 4 at the time...)
    There’s no such thing as “BETWEEN” Tiers. (and I’m assuming that snapshot is from now after the Win, and that as you said you were in the next one down while you played that 2nd war).
    So say your % at the time of that 2nd war you were at a 1.15% standing. Even though the Tier 4 range is specified as 2% - 3%, it is really everything incrementally above 1.000% up to and including 3.000%.
    Same as the “misleading display” showing the ranges by % for Arena. I guess listing ranges as 0.60% - 1%, and then 1% - 3%, might show it more accurately, but then someone who was at that exact 1.0000% would be wondering which Tier they were in (although generally accepted that an exact match would put such a case into the 0.60 - 1% slot). They just chose one way of displaying a numerical % range that may not be the more generally accepted way to display a list.
    Yeah look I am not aware of any between tiers existing either, simply trying to make some sense of generic auto responses from support to see how this might have occurred, ie getting slugged with a Tier 3 map when the match shows us purportedly being at a tier 4 multiplier, the same as our opponent.

In my view, war tier map should correspond to the multiplier if both alliances are in the same multiplier tier. That’s how I understand the new matchmaking system functions to find an ideal match up. Win enough and improve war rating enough and you jump a tier with a better multiplier and thus harder more to work for the bonus of 1.0x multiplier